The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Argentina - match thread.

+44
G2
RuggerRadge2611
RDW
offload
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
maestegmafia
Breadvan
Notch
paulscholes
perand25
disneychilly
Adam D
Taffineastbourne
MMC
TheGreyGhost
Standulstermen
EnglishReign
rodders
valjester
DaDubs1
HammerofThunor
nathan
Cymroglan
Pal Joey
TBJ9625
fa0019
doctor_grey
B91212
Artful_Dodger
Dai Tryin
narmstrong
Gatts
lostinwales
mrzimmerman
Mad for Chelsea
Taylorman
eirebilly
nottins
Cari
majesticimperialman
Thomond
dubh_linn
Davie
Biltong
48 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 11 Empty England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 08:52

First topic message reminder :

My prediction was England by 10, so hopefully the Argentinians give a good account of themselves.

This will have to be a great match to live up to the one we have just seen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by EnglishReign Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:02

Why should they talk about other teams when Eng and Arg are playing? Wales will get the attention they deserve when they play.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by nathan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:02

biltongbek wrote:
nathan wrote:
Gatts wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
Gatts wrote:Dragons v Springboks...best get that braii warmed up for bok steaks!!

you do know that Dragons are extinct?

Otherwise we could fill our bellies with some fine Welsh Dragon belly. laughing

You better warm up your brain my friend, I can do this all day. kiss

the great advantage of being stupid is that you think you are funny even when the evidence does not support it.....as far as i know dragons are mythical creatures, the imaginings of fearful travellers and thus can never be extinct..... because they never existed other than in the dreams of those poor colonials that believed in their legend, on ancient maps the lands uncharted were marked

'There Be Dragons'

Consider your 22 as those uncharted lands

what exactly does this have to do with the game? keep on topic please (mods?)

It has everything to do with rugby, we are looking forward to the match of the weekend, Yahoo take a chill pill. Cool

It is called pre match banter.

i understand that, but this if for discussions of this match! Not trying to be an arse or anything!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:03

rugbydreamer wrote:
Gatts wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Gatts, seriously, pack it in. That reaction isn't necessary. Consider yourself on a final warning.

yeah ok sorry (what happens to me next...detention?)

no, you'll get a temporary ban from the site.

Mrs Rugbydreamer My honourable Lady, please don't, who am i going to chat with tomorrow if Gatts is in lock up? Tumbleweed

Last edited by biltongbek on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:06; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:03

Dont question the moderators ,,, rugbydreamer is a very good Mod and if she gives you a warning it's for a very good reason...

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:04

Cymroglan wrote:Do people need to quote everything ?

when there's multiple conversations going on it makes it easier.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:04

Biltong - edit your post mate, I'm female Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:04

You can't reason with him , he's Welsh

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:05

EnglishReign wrote:Why should they talk about other teams when Eng and Arg are playing? Wales will get the attention they deserve when they play.

Englishreign, I have been talking about this match the whole time, and just as a note, it is actually my thread, "so i can cry if I want to" Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:05

rugbydreamer wrote:maybe a bit harsh in saying you're giving us a bad name Welshy, but it's pretty ungracious to not even say well done to England is all. Some would call it poor form.

ok well i apologise for my actions, well done for the win, i guess thats the main thing for england, now whos playing england next? just need to know so i can pop to my local shop to pick up their shirt Wink

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:05

well I'll be supporting Wales tomorrow, apart from my love of the underdog and a strong dislike of SA I think it would be great if the NH could get one over the SH early in the competition Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:06

biltongbek wrote:

Mr Rugbydreamer Sir, please don't, who am i going to chat with tomorrow if Gatts is in lock up? Tumbleweed

She's female, allegedly Wink

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:06

OMG are you...how interesting, explains everything.

I really am sorry now

biltong..you can't reason with her she's Welsh

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:07

MfC I'm the same, I always support a NH team over the big three in the SH, even England Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:07

rugbydreamer wrote:Biltong - edit your post mate, I'm female Smile

female mods? We'll be giving them the vote next Whistle

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:07

My Lady I have complied, but hould your Psuedonym not perhaps be "Rugby Fantasy"?

Just asking (insert sexy lady emoticon)
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:08

When people quote everything or use multiple quotes it gets rather difficult to know what bit you are talking about.
You can edit posts so only the part you are referring to is showing.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:09

Well done England. A win is a win. Managed to grind it out despite a really terrible performance. I would certainly take an ugly win in the WC over any team.

On field leadership seems to be the biggest thing to address - totally absent.

Can't wait for the Bok game.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:10

Mad for Chelsea wrote:well I'll be supporting Wales tomorrow, apart from my love of the underdog and a strong dislike of SA I think it would be great if the NH could get one over the SH early in the competition Very Happy

Man that is harsh, I am so hurt, it is just tearing me apart. Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:11

biltongbek wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:well I'll be supporting Wales tomorrow, apart from my love of the underdog and a strong dislike of SA I think it would be great if the NH could get one over the SH early in the competition Very Happy

Where are you BB?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:12

Cymroglan wrote:When people quote everything or use multiple quotes it gets rather difficult to know what bit you are talking about.
You can edit posts so only the part you are referring to is showing.

i see what your saying, i usually bold the text im referring to.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:12

In a town south of Johannesburg, south africa.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:12

biltongbek wrote:
EnglishReign wrote:Why should they talk about other teams when Eng and Arg are playing? Wales will get the attention they deserve when they play.

Englishreign, I have been talking about this match the whole time, and just as a note, it is actually my thread, "so i can cry if I want to" Whistle

That was aimed at the lad (I presume) complaining about coverage.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:12

Cymroglan wrote:I thought Ashton was very poor today.
First I thught he was more or less invisible, then he did make a few poor plays. I don't think he was so much bad as not getting any quality ball and tried too much when he did have a chance. And when he came in looking for it the ball was sitting so stationary at the base of every ruck, there was nothing for him to do. I would have fallen asleep waiting for the ball to be played. Not defending him per se as I think the issues today were much bigger than Ashton having a bad match or Deacon or any individual.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:13

biltongbek wrote:

sorry mate, but I don't like the SA rugby team. Also, we have about four or five saffers at our cricket club...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:13

biltongbek wrote:My Lady I have complied, but hould your Psuedonym not perhaps be "Rugby Fantasy"?

Just asking (insert sexy lady emoticon)

laughing nope! rugbydreamer is definitely the right one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:14

Have to confess i am supporting SA tomorrow. Im sure i will lambasted by my Celtic cousins but given that one of my favourite players ( St.Johann) is on the SA bench and St. Ruan, St. Pedrie, St. Robbie and the Rt.HON Brendon are all from SA i feel compelled to follow them

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:15

Biltong, Just had a chance to read some of the earlier posts (these have been comng fast and furious, eh?)

I need to mention dragon is considered the 'other' white meat. Tastes just like chicken. FYI.

Last edited by doctor_grey on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:16; edited 1 time in total

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:16

I support Wales and only Wales other scores don't bother me unless they are beneficial to Wales.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:17

Doc, so it must be healthy then. Whistle

Standulsterman, thanks mate, that is very kind of you. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:18

rugbydreamer wrote:
Gatts wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Gatts, seriously, pack it in. That reaction isn't necessary. Consider yourself on a final warning.

yeah ok sorry (what happens to me next...detention?)

no, you'll get a temporary ban from the site.

So basically Gatts, yes, Detention Smile

biltongbek wrote:

All well and good, but English fans can't act hurt about people hoping they lose because they dislike them if you're gonna turn around and give it the same treatment to the Boks! Smile All fun and games if we don't take it too seriously mind.

Standulstermen wrote:Have to confess i am supporting SA tomorrow. Im sure i will lambasted by my Celtic cousins but given that one of my favourite players ( St.Johann) is on the SA bench and St. Ruan, St. Pedrie, St. Robbie and the Rt.HON Brendon are all from SA i feel compelled to follow them.

I feel the same way- come on Bokke!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:19

Stand - boo! (although I do understand Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:19

No no Biltong, Thank you and thank SA

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:20

Yeah, Pas op Springboks!!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:22

I am becoming so emotional here Cry All this support for my team, a big thank you to you guys, and I just want to take this opportunity to thank my Mom, my Dad, my brother, my sister, my wife .........................
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:23

No bother Biltong. Just be sure to send Heinrich Brussouw our way next season

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:23

you have a WIFE?!?!?!?
only joking mate, should be a good match- i guess you are a bit shocked with our back row and fly half choices??

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:23

rugbydreamer wrote:Stand - boo! (although I do understand Smile )

dreamy...you need to moderate yourself for going off message

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:23

Your wife and sister are are they sisters by law or in law ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:25

Argentina there till the last 10,then fadedwho was said a 30 points win for England.Rumania ,and Georgia are no push overs up front,so take them lightly at your peril.
Scotland were guilty of playing to much rugby,when a territorial game at times.Would have been better,but they upped there game when it matters.
This well could be the group of death,its billed as could well go to the wire.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:25

Standulstermen wrote:No bother Biltong. Just be sure to send Heinrich Brussouw our way next season

We will reciprocate in any way we can, but unfortunately we will need Brussow for yet another while, but i will make sure he consider you guys when he dicides to move. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:25

Enjoy the All black performance Alan?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:25

as long as they are not the same person.............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:26

I'm geared up for more rugby. It's weird having the last match of the day at 9.30am. Can't wait for Wales v SA, come on Welshies!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:26

welshy824 wrote:you have a WIFE?!?!?!?
only joking mate, should be a good match- i guess you are a bit shocked with our back row and fly half choices??

Yeah.how else would I have a kid, by adoption? Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:27

emack - agree, doesn't look like there are any easy games for anyone in this group now - going to make for some really tense and exciting rugby!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:28

Cymroglan wrote:Your wife and sister are are they sisters by law or in law ?

There are some places in SA where your wife is your wife by marriage but also your sister by blood. Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:29

Not just SA mate it goes on in many places.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:31

biltongbek wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:Your wife and sister are are they sisters by law or in law ?

There are some places in SA where your wife is your wife by marriage but also your sister by blood. Shocked
I was on holiday in the southern US for a couple of weeks. Same there. Thats why their eyes are sometimes a bit too close together or a bit too wide on the head, the necks too long. One big happy family.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:31

Cymroglan wrote:Not just SA mate it goes on in many places.

It's nice to see the Saffers and the Welsh finding some common ground here lads. Not so many differences after all Hug

music It's the world... in Union music

Run
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:32

I should add that St. Jared and St.Johnny A are awaiting canonisation. until such time i am not compelled to support the All Blacks

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next