The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Argentina - match thread.

+44
G2
RuggerRadge2611
RDW
offload
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
maestegmafia
Breadvan
Notch
paulscholes
perand25
disneychilly
Adam D
Taffineastbourne
MMC
TheGreyGhost
Standulstermen
EnglishReign
rodders
valjester
DaDubs1
HammerofThunor
nathan
Cymroglan
Pal Joey
TBJ9625
fa0019
doctor_grey
B91212
Artful_Dodger
Dai Tryin
narmstrong
Gatts
lostinwales
mrzimmerman
Mad for Chelsea
Taylorman
eirebilly
nottins
Cari
majesticimperialman
Thomond
dubh_linn
Davie
Biltong
48 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 10 Empty England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by Biltong Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

My prediction was England by 10, so hopefully the Argentinians give a good account of themselves.

This will have to be a great match to live up to the one we have just seen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by nathan Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:43 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
welshy824 wrote:england no way deserved to win that, ref should have been much stricter at the breakdown, england players off their feet slowing the ball down, whereas argentine players on their feet jackaling but get penalised.

hate listening to english biased Cr*p on itv, acting in the last 5 mintues as if england were in control all along- AND STOP GOING ON ABOUT 2003, its 8 BLOODY YEARS AGO, theres been another world cup which england didnt win, seriously stop going on.
What a nasty, bitter post Rolling Eyes

Well done England. A slow start, but a win that England deserved in the end. It was a tough first game but I think we'll be well warmed up to beat Scotland in the final pool match.

just ignore him, he's just giving the welsh a bad name...

nathan

Back to top Go down

England vs Argentina - match thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: England vs Argentina - match thread.

Post by Cymroglan Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 pm

I think that they should have gone to the TMO first half the Argentinians thought it was over.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Wow great analysis from Pienaar there! Who'd of thought having quick ball was important!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 pm

biltongbek wrote:In Argentina! Doh

PUMAS EAT SPRINGBOKS FOR BREAKFAST...SEE YOU ANON BILTONG FOR SOME REAL RUGBY

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by perand25 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

welshy824 wrote:no not nasty and bitter, its just as a non england supporter itv is complete rubbish, they keep on talking about 2003, get over it you won, you deserved it, if you had any modesty you would stop going on about it, then the fact that the commentators act as if england were always in control for the last 10 minutes, its infuriating to listen to.

For an England suppoter Itv are also rubbish . Its not the fans going on about 2003 .its the pundits ahh but dont forget we were rubbish in the pool games then too

perand25

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

welshy824 wrote:no not nasty and bitter, its just as a non england supporter itv is complete rubbish, they keep on talking about 2003, get over it you won, you deserved it, if you had any modesty you would stop going on about it, then the fact that the commentators act as if england were always in control for the last 10 minutes, its infuriating to listen to.

you mean there infuriating because there opinion doesnt align with yours? Not sure how old you are, but you'll find in life that many people won't have the same opinion and the spouting nasty bitty comments isnt the answer!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Yeah, the LIONS tried to eat us as well, and they are the king of the african jungle. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:45 pm

England will definitely qualify now even if they lose to Scotland. They play more expansively than either Argentina or Scotland so if it comes down to points differential they will have the advantage.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

welshy824 wrote:its infuriating to listen to.
I would imagine it is if you're absolutely, pant-wettingly desperate for England to lose as you obviously were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

People calling England's display grim, turgid, etc. but ultimately their biggest mistake was in not getting enough possesion, thus allowing most of the game to be played at Argentina's "pace" of choice.

PS: that's the third or fourth time I've watched Bryce Lawrence referee a game, and I'm yet to be convinced. So inconsistent in his calls (for both sides may I hasten to add).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Have been speaking to a ref friend this morning and if the Pumas so wish then Lawes could be in trouble for dropping the knee.

He reckons if they raise it the citing commisiion will have to look at it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Dragons v Springboks...best get that braii warmed up for bok steaks!!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Mad for Chelsea - I dont think England dominated the scrum until the last 20 mins. Stephens and Hartley made a huge difference. In this group with Georgia and Romania to come - still needs work for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Standulstermen wrote:
So you're hoping Haskell made it up?
Did I miss off the right smiley to show I wasn't serious? Perhaps Very Happy or Hug or maybe even a leaf out of Thompson's book kiss

I would much rather Haskell made it up than someone actually stuck fingers in his eyes. If it happened and seems intentional then a season at least.

I'd rather it was accidental to be honest with you. Then I'd prefer it being unintentional but reckless then Haskell making it before lastly deliberate.

Given that the football programmes go on about 66 I think it's wishful thinking they'll stop mentioning 2003 until at least 2050 (unless we manage another one somehow and then they'll talk about that instead)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Night fellas, going to get into my dinghy and wait for the big wave

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:so for England, what are the positives?

1) They didn't concede a try, so decent defending from close range (though awful tackling at times, that needs to improve).

2) James Haskell. On a one-man mission to compete at the breakdown, and did a pretty good job of it.

3) Ben Youngs. Injected some pace into the game, much needed. MUST start from now on, Wigglesworth isn't good enough.

4) The scrum. England dominated here, gaining three penalties to Argentina's one. Given the reputation of their opponents, England did well.

5) We won! Yahoo

Any others?
Tuilagi provided some nice go forwards.

The addition of Hartley and Stevens were critical. I would like to see them on from the start.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:48 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:sadly not Gatts.

Welshy - that may be the case, but it's not too difficult to say a simple well done is it?

i would say well done if england deserved to win like i congratulated england for winning the 6n as they deserved it, however they didnt deserve to win that at all, i wouldnt mind so much if it wasnt for the complete incompetance of the commentators not being able to realise that some non english supporters would be watching, and i understand phil vickery will be slow (he is a prop after all) but just a bit of unbiased deceant commentry please, and no mention of 2003???

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm

lol 2nd time Ryder has said that ENg won by a single point....

Maths obviously not his strong point

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Gatts - hope no wave reaches you!

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Why does this guy keep saying we only won by one point?

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Gatts wrote:Dragons v Springboks...best get that braii warmed up for bok steaks!!

you do know that Dragons are extinct?

Otherwise we could fill our bellies with some fine Welsh Dragon belly. laughing

You better warm up your brain my friend, I can do this all day. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Because he asleep just after the try

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm

welshy824 wrote:

Welshy - that may be the case, but it's not too difficult to say a simple well done is it?

i would say well done if england deserved to win like i congratulated england for winning the 6n as they deserved it, however they didnt deserve to win that at all, i wouldnt mind so much if it wasnt for the complete incompetance of the commentators not being able to realise that some non english supporters would be watching, and i understand phil vickery will be slow (he is a prop after all) but just a bit of unbiased deceant commentry please, and no mention of 2003???
Welshy, given that someone had to win, who then did 'deserve' to win. Both teams were lethargic in attack. Both teams kicked like cows. One team scored a try.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Mad for Chelsea - I dont think England dominated the scrum until the last 20 mins. Stephens and Hartley made a huge difference. In this group with Georgia and Romania to come - still needs work for me.

Ah but we were matching them at least until then, which is no mean feat...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm

welshy824 wrote:

you're making us Welsh look bad, reign it in will you?

Even English posters have commented that they didn't like the coverage. Just because ITV are rubbish shouldn't mean you begrudge England winning. They had one chance for a try and they took it. Argentina didn't take theirs. It's as simple as that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Mad for Chelsea - I dont think England dominated the scrum until the last 20 mins. Stephens and Hartley made a huge difference. In this group with Georgia and Romania to come - still needs work for me.

Ture, but hardly dominated them all the match Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

During the England games I have no problem with them talking about England all the time I would be disappointed if they did not.

It's when other teams are playing that I want them to shut up about them.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

doctor_grey wrote:

1) They didn't concede a try, so decent defending from close range (though awful tackling at times, that needs to improve).

2) James Haskell. On a one-man mission to compete at the breakdown, and did a pretty good job of it.

3) Ben Youngs. Injected some pace into the game, much needed. MUST start from now on, Wigglesworth isn't good enough.

4) The scrum. England dominated here, gaining three penalties to Argentina's one. Given the reputation of their opponents, England did well.

5) We won! Yahoo

Any others?

The addition of Hartley and Stevens were critical. I would like to see them on from the start.

True, the bench made a real impact. Would also like to see Hartley at least start. Not too sure about Tuilagi, he did OK, but nothing brilliant...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

lol Scotland nearly lost to Romania...pretty sure England will be more confident of humping the Scottish.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:53 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:

Ture, but hardly dominated them all the match Wink

Matched them for 60 + dominated for 20 = dominated, in the sense that on the whole we had the upper hand in that area Wink

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:nottins Headscratch think you might need to watch that again, but I doubt you'll be able to see anything different to what you've claimed.

Cari - agree with you on that!

Mad for Chelsea - agree with you on Haskell, thought he played well today, one of the few England forwards to do so.

I suggest you watch it againas Tuilagi had his hands on the player before he kicked. But I doubt you'll be able to see anything different to what you've claimed.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Looks like that Romania pack gave Scotland a tough time. I'd imagine they'll be no pushovers for England either.

Good luck guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Gatts wrote:Dragons v Springboks...best get that braii warmed up for bok steaks!!

the great advantage of being stupid is that you think you are funny even when the evidence does not support it.....as far as i know dragons are mythical creatures, the imaginings of fearful travellers and thus can never be extinct..... because they never existed other than in the dreams of those poor colonials that believed in their legend, on ancient maps the lands uncharted were marked

'There Be Dragons'

Consider your 22 as those uncharted lands

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I'd give Argentina the 1st half and England the 2nd. Simples.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

5) We won! Yahoo

Any others?

True, the bench made a real impact. Would also like to see Hartley at least start. Not too sure about Tuilagi, he did OK, but nothing brilliant...
You want Banahan?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:55 pm

....not sure i agree with that MfC!!

Josiah - did you watch the whole match? Romania were superb. Ferocious scrum, immaculate lineout and aggressive at the breakdown. At least Scotland were actually able to string together some flowing moves and score some brilliant tries. 4 I belive they got the TBP, I wouldn't be so dismissive of them OK

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Gatts wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

the great advantage of being stupid is that you think you are funny even when the evidence does not support it.....as far as i know dragons are mythical creatures, the imaginings of fearful travellers and thus can never be extinct..... because they never existed other than in the dreams of those poor colonials that believed in their legend, on ancient maps the lands uncharted were marked

'There Be Dragons'

what exactly does this have to do with the game? keep on topic please (mods?)

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:57 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

5) We won! Yahoo

Any others?

You want Banahan?

Hey I'm not saying drop the guy, just that he was solid today, not great...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Gatts wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

'There Be Dragons'

Shocked errrrr .................................. laughing

About as mythical as the Welsh record against us, oops, sorry.................. Crying or Very sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:58 pm

nathan wrote:
Gatts wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

'There Be Dragons'

seriously nathan, do one

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:59 pm

nathan wrote:

you mean there infuriating because there opinion doesnt align with yours? Not sure how old you are, but you'll find in life that many people won't have the same opinion and the spouting nasty bitty comments isnt the answer!

no infuriating due to the english biased, my age is of no concern to you, and i am well aware that people have different opinions, otherwise sites like this would be pointless, or there would always be the same government in the houses of parliment and there would be no riots or wars as everyone would agree. i am not having a go at english supporters i just wish ITV would take into consideration other countries, (i know english supporters must dread listening to JD on bbc likewise) and i understand that there will always be a difference of opinion but i just found the fact that phil vickery didnt comment on argentina but praised england- the other commentator wasnt so bad and thought he was ok.

and nathan i do not give the welsh a bad name, i take it you a pretty receant on these forums and i have always tried to be balanced while still voicing my opinion which i believe i am allowed to do (unless this is a communist site) and perhaps the commentry for the other matches will be better, i shall watch them and find out. but please dont ever say i give my country or countrymen/women a bad name simply because i voice my opinons.

and to whoever said i wanted england to lose- it was more the case of wanting argentina to win as it would make that group so much more interesting.

and sorry if i annoyed anyone just my opinion

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Gatts, seriously, pack it in. That reaction isn't necessary. Consider yourself on a final warning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:59 pm

I thought Ashton was very poor today.

Last edited by Cymroglan on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm

nathan wrote:
Gatts wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

'There Be Dragons'

It has everything to do with rugby, we are looking forward to the match of the weekend, Yahoo take a chill pill. Cool

It is called pre match banter.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Gatts, seriously, pack it in. That reaction isn't necessary. Consider yourself on a final warning.

yeah ok sorry (what happens to me next...detention?)

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:01 pm

maybe a bit harsh in saying you're giving us a bad name Welshy, but it's pretty ungracious to not even say well done to England is all. Some would call it poor form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Do people need to quote everything ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Gatts wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Gatts, seriously, pack it in. That reaction isn't necessary. Consider yourself on a final warning.

yeah ok sorry (what happens to me next...detention?)

no, you'll get a temporary ban from the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Do people need to quote everything ?

i support you totally

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Cymro - if they're replying to a certain poster then yes. They can edit out some of the text of the quote if they want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next