The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek

+12
Strongback
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hogey
BALTIMORA
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
6oldenbhoy
CJB
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
gab
Eric Da Cat
Fists of Fury
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek - Page 3 Empty Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Evening guys

Here is the thread to discuss all of tonight's action as it unfolds, in what promises to be a very entertaining night of boxing.

Feel free to post any early predictions.

Mine are: Frampton TKO7, McCloskey UD, Vitali KO8.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

Adam Smith is such a creep.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton vs Quon / McCloskey vs Prescott / Vitali vs Adamek

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:11 pm

Strongback wrote:Adamek would have done better against Wlad. Wlad just wouldn't have laid into Adamek the way Vitali did.

Comparing Haye v Wlad to Adamek v Vitali is just not comparing apples with apples. Vitali would hunt Haye down and I believe Haye would take a similar beating to Adamek. The straight right from Vitali would be too much for Haye as well.

Hat's off to Vitali's conditioning. He looked in fantastic shape, his best in a while. He was quicker tonight and didn't gas. I am always a bit suspicious though of how the Klitschko's get in such good condition.

Haven't you seen Rocky 4?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

Well there we are.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:Tyson Fury is the only fighter I think that stands the slightest chance against the Klitschkos. Anyone with a smaller height and reach than Wlad/Vitali and going to get punished.
laughing

What other fighter would a chance against them?

Povetkin- to small
Boystov- to small

Helenius and Fury are the only ones I would stay stand half a chance of beating them.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:17 pm

Liam_Main wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:Tyson Fury is the only fighter I think that stands the slightest chance against the Klitschkos. Anyone with a smaller height and reach than Wlad/Vitali and going to get punished.
laughing

What other fighter would a chance against them?

Povetkin- to small
Boystov- to small

Helenius and Fury are the only ones I would stay stand half a chance of beating them.

Not giving many a chance against them but Tyson is fat he was getting credit for coming in the ring weighing just over 18 stone!! K Bros are athletes their preparation is exceptional.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:52 pm

This is getting a bit silly now. A lot of you guys talk in previous threads about how the giants of the past have been slayed by smaller men. It's no different now except that maybe we just don't have good enough smaller men (and the K's are pretty decent).

I definitely think Foreman is on to something.. you need someone with a solid chin who can take some shots getting in and also, has the ability/skill to get in and land.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:01 am

I think the current crop of heavies is as poor as i can ever remember, but that doesnt detract for me the fact that Vitali is a very good champion who would be a handful for anyone down the years. Wladimir is different case for me i fear he would not be anywhere near the force he is in a stronger era, that chin would let him down against better opposition. I think its a shame that we have little brother holding multiple titles when its pretty clear big brother is the number one and would destoy him within a few rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:05 am

Vitali's definitely the brother who'd pose the bigger challenge to past greater. It's his willingness to get stuck in and trade which makes him the bigger threat. Wlad is too reluctant by comparison, and is more likely to be flustered if he's not allowed to fight his way.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:37 am

Vitali was out of the picture for several years and Wlad mostly cleaned-up in the meantime. Given their blood relation, I think it's unfair to expect them to fight each other. The bottom line is, better heavyweights need to produced.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3