The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Harrison released from prison

+13
Nico the gman
skidd1
coxy0001
TwisT
Michaels, Sean
Imperial Ghosty
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Scottrf
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
huw
Adam D
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scott Harrison released from prison Empty Scott Harrison released from prison

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

Scott Harrison is out of prison and has vowed to make a comeback. I don't think it will be very successful but he does look in good shape.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3808995/Shamed-Harrison-walks-free-from-Spanish-prison.html
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Scott Harrison released from prison Empty Re: Scott Harrison released from prison

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

And the star, who has battled a booze problem, vowed: "I will be World Champ again. Nobody's going to stop me. One thousand per cent.
I hate it when people say anything over 100%

Its just stupid!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Scott Harrison released from prison Empty Re: Scott Harrison released from prison

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
And the star, who has battled a booze problem, vowed: "I will be World Champ again. Nobody's going to stop me. One thousand per cent.

Its just stupid!

I agree with you 110%

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

One of the better British boxing champs of modern years talent wise....

Shame his demons have ruined to a good extent his career...Liked to watch him as he was a good technician..

But alcohol doesn't care if you are a top lawyer, roadsweeper, sportsman etc it'll take anybody who shows great weakness for it..

Wish him well and hope he finds happiness...

Not sure it'll be in Boxing though.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:26 am

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:

Its just stupid!

I agree Adam I hate it almost as much as the misuse of the word literally which is rife. Remember as work once a girl said I literally can't stop eating. No, you choose not to or lack the self discipline not to but you can if you either choose or show more willpower. I literally hope everyone who misuses this word on a regular basis dies a horrible painful death.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

Tend to agree Truss in that I am not sure his peace, if it is to come will come through boxing. The guy clearly has issues and an illness, boxing may give him a focus for a while but as a boxer you're a long time retired. Really hope he can get himself sorted with or without boxing but hope he is not hoping boxing is the answer to all his prayers because you would have to think the demons will resurface once boxing is taken away from him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

You must love Ortiz then rowley: "When you're talking to me, you're literally talking to a tree, dude".

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

Not goin to read the article as its in the scum but he is a wasted talent.

He's got no chance of makin a comeback now.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Maybe you don't get passionnate people at Mcdonalds........

Alcohol is a terrible thing........breaks up families and is like a pebble hitting water...the ripples spread out wide...

If he's a binge drinker he'll have less chance.....But you're right if alcoholics haven't got huge inner strength or a goal to fight for then they will fail..

People assume it's much easier to conquer alcohol than it is..

Sometimes loving family and friends isn't enough..

Got to wish him well...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

He gets punched in the head for a living Scott, perhaps has an excuse.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

I have moved general things that annoy people to the "that really grinds my gears thread in off topic" .

This thread is actually a newsworthy article on a former British Champion - lets stick to that topic and the newspaper report please.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

Or stick to your own sections, we have our boxing admin team thank you

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Or stick to your own sections, we have our boxing admin team thank you

Ouch. I can see it going off today......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

Nah, can't see that happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm

If you see anything, let me know as its been too quiet for my liking.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

I only come over to the "dark" side for all revelations.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

I hope Harrison stays out of trouble he's a decent guy. Prison may be the best thing that has happened to him because if it wasn't for prison he might not be with us just now.

Their are some similarities between him and Benny Lynch and it would be tragic for another of Scotlands greatest fighters to end in such a manner.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 17 Sep 2011, 12:40 am

Alex Morrison asks British Boxing Board to allow Scott Harrison back into the ring

Source: Daily Record

TOP promoter Alex Morrison last night called for the British Boxing Board of Control to hand Scott Harrison his licence back.
Former WBO featherweight champ Harrison is adamant he will return to the top stage after being released from a Spanish jail at the weekend.
Fight chiefs are blocking his return but Morrison said: "Scott has served his time so he should be allowed to get into the ring again. You see a lot worse than what Scott has done every weekend up and down Scotland so why shouldn't he get his licence back?
"There are a lot of people out there who have done something they regret and there are not too many who haven't made mistakes.
"Scott should be given a new chance because he is a good fighter and he is a big loss to Scotland.
"He has trained hard and looks the business so he should be allowed back into the ring."

I also read somewhere that Harrison said their was a chance he could fight at 130lbs but 135lbs was more likely he would wait and see how he felt in training. Can't remember where I read it though so no link sorry!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

Refused his licence.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

Scottrf wrote:Refused his licence.

Well theres a surpise!

Got got a source?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

Hows the BBC?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15288115.stm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

He's alright

Thanks

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:44 pm

I meant the British Broadcasting Company Shocked

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:48 pm

Rather than whinge the degenerative disgrace and brown stain to society should maybe look in the f***ing mirror and ask himself why his life and family are so much in the s**t.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Rather than whinge the degenerative disgrace and brown stain to society should maybe look in the f***ing mirror and ask himself why his life and family are so much in the s**t.

Such compassion Coxy, he has an illness, he has made mistakes and has paid for them. Deserves a chance to get his life back on track.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

rowley wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Rather than whinge the degenerative disgrace and brown stain to society should maybe look in the f***ing mirror and ask himself why his life and family are so much in the s**t.

Such compassion Coxy, he has an illness, he has made mistakes and has paid for them. Deserves a chance to get his life back on track.
How are things TRUSSY?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:10 pm

Guess you are an expert on rehabilitating alcoholics?
Refusing him his boxing licence and a chance to honestly earn a living is going to help him and society in which positive way?
He has served his time and if his licence was issued with stringent conditions then i'm all for that.

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

skidd1 wrote:

Expert on everything else so is likely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:26 pm

Just maybe he might have got his head right in prison,giving him time to reflect on his life and how he allowed his career to go down the pan.
Going to have to convince the British Boxing board his heads straight though,but can he still be the fighter he once was,one things for sure gonna need some strong no nonsense people round him to keep him focused.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

Take away your job,the ability to provide for yourself and your family.Probably your self esteem.
Hit the bottle and end up back in prison .It all makes sense now.

coxy0001......A future Home Secretary in the making

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:31 pm

skidd1 wrote:Take away your job,the ability to provide for yourself and your family.Probably your self esteem.
Hit the bottle and end up back in prison .It all makes sense now.

And then listen to people say this proves you were a wrong un all along, what I believe Becker would call a self fulfilling prophecy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

skidd1 wrote:coxy0001......A future Home Secretary in the making
It might clash with the Pro Tour or The Ashes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Or replacing Steve Jobs at Apple, there really are not enough hours in the day.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:

I hear the Welsh fly-half is injured. Coxy must have a Welsh relative somewhere. He can step in to the breach, boyo. He is an excellant rugger player.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:35 pm

Yeah Scott should be given his chance, Flip the board of control, bumholes.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

skidd1 wrote:

Refusing him his boxing licence and a chance to honestly earn a living is going to help him and society in which positive way?
He has served his time and if his licence was issued with stringent conditions then i'm all for that.

He had numerous chances. Is it his fault or not that he didn't learn after his first massive indiscretion?

No, he didn't.

He now has a string of offences - who's fault is that? This wasn't one strike and you're out, he had chance after chance to change himself, to make a new start but instead he screwed things up all by himself.

He is in no position to whine about not having another. I'm sorry, but i don't have time for degenerate s**ts who think life owes them something after making big mistake after big mistake. The highlight being the riots recently where there were little idiots being quoted that there aren't any jobs - there would be jobs for you if you studied at school, worked hard and tried to make something of yourself you f***ing stains on society.

I give it 12 months before he's back in prison to be honest.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

He's not asking anybody to give him anything but a license, so he can earn a living, or else he'll be leading riots soon.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I hear the Welsh fly-half is injured. Coxy must have a Welsh relative somewhere. He can step in to the breach, boyo. He is an excellant rugger player.

Never liked playing #10, i hear they've taken Hook to #15 though so i can slot into my natural position there!

Fortunately i have no Welsh in my blood, thank god.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
skidd1 wrote:

He had numerous chances. Is it his fault or not that he didn't learn after his first massive indiscretion?

No, he didn't.

He now has a string of offences - who's fault is that? This wasn't one strike and you're out, he had chance after chance to change himself, to make a new start but instead he screwed things up all by himself.

He is in no position to whine about not having another. I'm sorry, but i don't have time for degenerate s**ts who think life owes them something after making big mistake after big mistake. The highlight being the riots recently where there were little idiots being quoted that there aren't any jobs - there would be jobs for you if you studied at school, worked hard and tried to make something of yourself you f***ing stains on society.

I give it 12 months before he's back in prison to be honest.

Good grief Coxy!!!

Cancel your life subscription to The Daily Mail your going to give yourself thrombosis!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:41 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:He's not asking anybody to give him anything but a license, so he can earn a living, or else he'll be leading riots soon.

I never said he shouldn't be allowed one, but with his past is it much surprise the board aren't allowing him one?

And who was in control when he was spending his time being a rather naughty boy? Wasn't possessed was he?

For every action there is a reaction, not understanding consequence is also another reason i have zero sympathy for him although i do feel bad for his family, more so kids, as they're the ones who are suffering because of his various misdeamenours.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

Wasn't aware there was a limit on the number of chances a person got, who decides this limit. Coxy seems to be putting himself forward for the job. If he is now clean and can satisfy the board of this and his general physical and mental health no reason he should not be granted a licence.

If pre fight the board want to check him more stringently than they would another fighter then so be it, but boxing is his living, his past discretions, which he has paid for, should not stop him getting his licence back. Good luck to him, hope he can rebuild and find some peace in his life.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

And now with maybe no chance to go back to his trade and earn money the kids will suffer more.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Good grief Coxy!!!

Cancel your life subscription to The Daily Mail your going to give yourself thrombosis!!

He cancelled it years ago, they have gone far too liberal for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:48 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:And now with maybe no chance to go back to his trade and earn money the kids will suffer more.

I never said it was the right or wrong decision, but he is the one who placed himself in that position.

Life is all about living and dying by ones actions. I do actually hope the board give him it back and he comes back clean, firing and gets to a half decent level again. But on the flipside if he's not allowed to then he only has himself to blame and cannot level anything at the BBBoC.

That's my point, i maybe came across somewhat vitriolic as i cast my mind to an interview with some idiots about why they were rioting and looting.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

rowley wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Good grief Coxy!!!

I haven't read it for years, you may have caught me on a bad afternoon though as i'm not quite as central as i'd normally be.... maybe erring sliiiiightly to another wing.....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

rowley wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Good grief Coxy!!!

laughing

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:57 pm

Shameful not letting him box again he's payed the price for what he has done. They let Kell Brook box when he was charged with assault. It's double standards.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

Perhaps Kell Brook handed all his forms in. We really don't know why he was rejected yet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

Why do you think he was rejected? It looks like double standards. If Harrison was English they wouldn't have declined it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:02 pm

Are you Billy Nelson? Typical Scottish crying.

They said he didn't supply all the relevant paperwork.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next