The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick Your Semi Finalists

+28
wales606
Luckless Pedestrian
Shifty
asoreleftshoulder
welshy824
GunsGerms
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
andy powells minder
Boyne
Rob B
nganboy
Feckless Rogue
kiakahaaotearoa
Artful_Dodger
Jenifer McLadyboy
robbo277
pete (buachaill on eirne)
LondonTiger
BlueMuff
OzT
Biltong
mckay1402
RubyGuby
dogtooth
BlueNote
rodders
beshocked
maestegmafia
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Semi Finalists

Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 5 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 42 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 2 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 77 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 56 ]
[ 2 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 79 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 115 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 8 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 85 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 34 ]

Total Votes : 512

Poll closed

Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Empty Pick Your Semi Finalists

Post by maestegmafia Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Pick four teams that you think will make the semis...

Current experts thoughts of likely quarter-finalists are:

Ireland v Wales

England v France

South Africa v Australia

New Zealand v Argentina/Scotland

Possible upsets would be France beating New Zealand swapping one for the other at the quarters. Italy beating Ireland meaning Ireland likely to swap with Australia at the quarters stage. Whether Samoa can beat SA and Wales loose to Fiji meaning that SA and Samoa go through or if Wales beat Fiji by a cricket score and SA loose whether SA wont qualify. Another permutation is whether England or Scotland will go through top of their pool, and for that matter whether England, Scotland or Argentina would go through as second place quarter-finalists from their pool.

Variations could possibly be:

Australia v Samoa

Scotland v France

Wales/SA v Ireland

New Zealand v England

Last edited by maestegmafia on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Pick Your Semi Finalists - Page 2 Empty Re: Pick Your Semi Finalists

Post by GunsGerms Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Rob B wrote:
nganboy wrote:The real Ireland are the team that play one great game - per tournament.

And I'm not sure that Aus defence is that poor. Have they leaked tries against many teams lower ranked (or even higher ranked) recently?

They haven't conceded a try this tournament and look well placed to maintain that at pool level.

My picks are:

Australia v England

SA v New Zealand

Well Ireland have only conceded one try and I can't see us losing to Italy as they have never beaten us in a competitive match. Plus our record v Wales is very good. Australia are fairly unlikely to finish top of the group so I think they might get taught another lesson by SA.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:I'd be interested to know if any of the people who voted for Wales aren't welsh...

Hi

are you saying you voted for Wales? I did but I'm biased
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:52 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:
Rob B wrote:
nganboy wrote:The real Ireland are the team that play one great game - per tournament.

And I'm not sure that Aus defence is that poor. Have they leaked tries against many teams lower ranked (or even higher ranked) recently?

They haven't conceded a try this tournament and look well placed to maintain that at pool level.

My picks are:

Australia v England

SA v New Zealand

Well Ireland have only conceded one try and I can't see us losing to Italy as they have never beaten us in a competitive match. Plus our record v Wales is very good. Australia are fairly unlikely to finish top of the group so I think they might get taught another lesson by SA.

All I got on this site before last Sat was that form and histroy are meaningless - as it is a unique event it is what happens on the day. Now you argue form and history in relation to Italy and Wales. Which is it?

It's an intersting tightrope though - beat Italy and you finish top; lose to Italy and you may miss out on a QF. Italy looked pretty good the other day in attack - the game against Ireland is their grand final.

If OZ get their players back on deck and forwards front up, not sure they will lose a lot sleep over SA - beaten them in their last 3 tests I think.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Rob B wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:
Rob B wrote:

My picks are:

Australia v England

SA v New Zealand

All I got on this site before last Sat was that form and histroy are meaningless - as it is a unique event it is what happens on the day. Now you argue form and history in relation to Italy and Wales. Which is it?

It's an intersting tightrope though - beat Italy and you finish top; lose to Italy and you may miss out on a QF. Italy looked pretty good the other day in attack - the game against Ireland is their grand final.

If OZ get their players back on deck and forwards front up, not sure they will lose a lot sleep over SA - beaten them in their last 3 tests I think.

But actual playing ability is meaningful.

If you think Ireland are the better side its not unreasoanable to think they are more likely to win. As for Ireland vs Italy, they should win comfortably.
The 3Ns this year was used as a warm up and squad tester, I wouldnt read any more into that than the Pisland nations cup which Japan won...the same Japan who just got spanked by a better Tonga side.Dont go talking anbout history and form the citeing hhistory taken out of context.
Australia and SA are tightly matched sides, and either could win. Im favouring SA simply because it tends to be the more pragmatic and physical sides that win world cup knockouts. Its certainly ridiculous to suggest, as you seem to, that Australia would see SA as an easy tie.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 pm

"that Australia would see SA as an easy tie"...

no way!!! Until the loss to Ireland, the 2 sides I was not keen on the Ws meeting was England and SA, both who are fairly forward dominated sides.

So defo no way I would have thought an aussie see SA as an easy tie. winning in the 3Ns, whilst very good and difficult, will not be the same in a RWC knockout game. Only played SA twice, once was in 95's opening game, and we lost that quite badly, considering we went into that game as champs, and the 2nd with the great drop from Larkham that won us the game, but no way was that easy!! The final after against France was easy!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:20 pm

SA will certainly be buoyed by the Irish effort and will be confident they have the game to beat Australia. Some welcome additions to the Wallaby lineup will be welcome and they will be praying for a dry deck as well to further help their chances. But these are two top sides. Australia have done well this year over SA and got 2 out of 3 the previous year. Australia might think they have the edge over NZ as well but they only won the second match. They´ll certainly, and rightly, believe they can beat them but they´ll have a huge game against SA beforehand.

Ireland have a good record against Wales but they lost this year´s 6N match and that was not like the 3N this year. So Ireland have every right to be confident but this is a match against Wales away from home for both of them and both sides look to be in good nick.

Such even quarter finals ahead that will make the semi finalists not only tough to pick but tough to play for the teams who get there. This week´s game against France is another crucial game for shaping the knockout phases of the tournament. Who will have the puff, match fitness, form and the least injuries to get to the final. Some great rugby awaits. If you wanted a tournament that brought the best out of the NH and SH sides, then you´ve certainly got it.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 pm

The Aussie pack will probably up their game considerably after that loss. They'll feel humiliated. Here's a link to Bob Dwyer's view of the game. Since he's an Aussie his analysis is entirely on the Wallabies and their failings. He doesn't really say anything about Ireland.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Well, Bob said nothing any Wallaby supporter would have disagreed with.

Not till the last 5-10 minutes was any passion shown by the players, or sense of urgency. Unlike the Irish, who did the correct thing, i.e. passion and urgency form the 1st whistle.

The bit about 'flukey play', the ones that may give you a score without working hard for it, damn how true!! To me smacks of lack of respect even maybe, as if training ground moves wil have worked against a side that was out to play hard rugby. It hurts as a W supporter to say so, but our attack was berrift of quality.

No patience, looking for the offload and flashy breaks, same as I said about our loose forwards earlier, why didn't they get their heads down and shove!!! No, they had their heads up, looking for the quick attack... all that meant was the pack was shoved backwards. As a forward myself how depressing it was to win hard balls and watch the backs fluff it, for us to go back 5 metres to help win the ball back, or to scrum down without the head.

I think we have an awesome back line, with some dazzling individual moves, but lack the coherent intricate back plays that we used to have as a squad. Even in the dire days of Eddie's reign there was always excitment when the backs get the ball, eventually. Now we rely on individual skills. Yes that does work, and we have won a few games from it, but a side needs well rehersed plays when things are not going right, just to get some momentum and confidence back, then let's take the flashy stuff out and show the world.

Maybe his last paragraph was true, did the Wallabies treat the Irish with less respect than Elsom seems to have implied they would have?

But we're not out of it yet, so whilst we're in it I still think we will win the cup, but let's get the basic and intensity right forst.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:11 pm

If you think Ireland are the better side its not unreasoanable to think they are more likely to win. As for Ireland vs Italy, they should win comfortably.
The 3Ns this year was used as a warm up and squad tester, I wouldnt read any more into that than the Pisland nations cup which Japan won...the same Japan who just got spanked by a better Tonga side.Dont go talking anbout history and form the citeing hhistory taken out of context.
Australia and SA are tightly matched sides, and either could win. Im favouring SA simply because it tends to be the more pragmatic and physical sides that win world cup knockouts. Its certainly ridiculous to suggest, as you seem to, that Australia would see SA as an easy tie.

No idea what you mean by using history taken out of context. Anyway, it is irrelevant. Read the post. Not saying Ireland will not beat Italy. Not saying Italy will beat Ireland. Not sure it will be comfortable though - the last game between the 2 pretty close I recall and the pressure of a potential all or nothing last pool game might be very interesting to watch.
Anyway, I did not say (either) it would be an easy game for W against SA. But I don't think they fear them or would be as anxious about playing them as some other teams would be. They played and beat them twice this year and beat them twice last year.

As for the comment that this year's 3N being a squad tester and warm ups, that is rubbish. Have a look at the teams W and AB fielded when they played each other twice - they were their strongest sides. Only SA took the proverbial in their first 2 matches with an understrength team. They fielded their best side against W and were beaten as well.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:30 pm

I do think Australia were complacent. I don't know that for sure but it's just the impression I got. It's a mistake most teams make at some stage. It happened to Ireland against Scotland in 2010. We hadn't lost to them in ages. We were at home. We expected to another triple crown. Scotland came with ferocious intensity. By the time we realized we were in a real battle, all the momentum was with them. They had wind in their sails and we couldn't turn it around. We lost.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:54 pm

imo i would say Wales (hopeful and believe we have the confidence to take ireland) france (both france and england have been poor but i think the french have shown alot more potential than england) New zealand (no disrespect but as long as things go to plan they face scotland/argentina in quarters and who wouldnt go for NZ?) and SA (just believe after watching the aus ireland match that SA would dominate up front)

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 pm

England vs Ireland

New Zealand vs South Africa looks like the popular vote.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Does that make us unpopular Mafia? Crying or Very sad

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Rob B wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:
Rob B wrote:

My picks are:

Australia v England

SA v New Zealand

Agreed. I think it will be Irelands toughest pool game. Italy were worryingly good v Russia. I think we will scrape through with a few heart attacks.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Rob B wrote:

No idea what you mean by using history taken out of context. Anyway, it is irrelevant. Read the post. Not saying Ireland will not beat Italy. Not saying Italy will beat Ireland. Not sure it will be comfortable though - the last game between the 2 pretty close I recall and the pressure of a potential all or nothing last pool game might be very interesting to watch.
Anyway, I did not say (either) it would be an easy game for W against SA. But I don't think they fear them or would be as anxious about playing them as some other teams would be. They played and beat them twice this year and beat them twice last year.

As for the comment that this year's 3N being a squad tester and warm ups, that is rubbish. Have a look at the teams W and AB fielded when they played each other twice - they were their strongest sides. Only SA took the proverbial in their first 2 matches with an understrength team. They fielded their best side against W and were beaten as well.

The ABs rested players though v SA Oz didn't which was the difference really.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:The Aussie pack will probably up their game considerably after that loss. They'll feel humiliated. Here's a link to Bob Dwyer's view of the game. Since he's an Aussie his analysis is entirely on the Wallabies and their failings. He doesn't really say anything about Ireland.

Had to laugh when I read the bit about looking forward to Alan Gaffney returning to Australia.In both Leinster and Ireland over the last 4 years I have hardly seen anything impressive from a Gaffney coached backline,I feel he's very over rated.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:Had to laugh when I read the bit about looking forward to Alan Gaffney returning to Australia.In both Leinster and Ireland over the last 4 years I have hardly seen anything impressive from a Gaffney coached backline,I feel he's very over rated.

I laughed at that part too. Maybe he was once a brilliant backs coach. I think he does have a big reputation in Australia which must have been earned somehow. But he doesn't have much of one here. Leinster were much better attackers before he arrived and straight after he left. Ireland's backs have gotten progressively more anonymous in attack the longer he's been coaching them.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:04 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:The Aussie pack will probably up their game considerably after that loss. They'll feel humiliated. Here's a link to Bob Dwyer's view of the game. Since he's an Aussie his analysis is entirely on the Wallabies and their failings. He doesn't really say anything about Ireland.

Had to laugh when I read the bit about looking forward to Alan Gaffney returning to Australia.In both Leinster and Ireland over the last 4 years I have hardly seen anything impressive from a Gaffney coached backline,I feel he's very over rated.

Gaffney Aparently has very little input in the Ireland squad. The Leinster backs have looked pretty good to be fair.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Wales Vs England
South Africa Vs New Zealand
This would be great semi finals. Yahoo

Though a Final of Wales Vs Namibia would suit me quite nicely thanks thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 pm

They looked good last year when Schmidt took over,the 2 years before that were pretty uninspiring.We won the Heineken on the back of a grizzled forward pack,a strong defence and a bit of luck.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:22 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Does that make us unpopular Mafia? Crying or Very sad
makes us underdogs...! Very Happy

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:07 am

it would seem that wales are unpopular. nobody wants wales to get to the final...except wales
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:50 am

mckay1402 wrote:it would seem that wales are unpopular. nobody wants wales to get to the final...except wales

Where does that come from? Thinking they wont is different to wanting.

In a popularity contest its pretty obvious who would lose between Wales and England, even SA can get as widely despised as us no matter how hard they try.
Hands up any Australians, Welsh, Irish, Scotts, Argentinians, French or Greyghosts that would be happy to see "our Jonny" win another world cup so we can get two 15 minute documentaires about him at the start of every 6 nations arther than just the one?

You can take away our freedom, but you can never take our unpopularity!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:50 am

Ireland clear favourites against Wales, just look at the recent history Mun!!!! Hug

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 am

[quote="Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler"]
mckay1402 wrote:
Hands up any Australians, Welsh, Irish, Scotts, Argentinians, French or Greyghosts that would be happy to see "our Jonny" win another world cup so we can get two 15 minute documentaires about him at the start of every 6 nations arther than just the one?

Well not me!!!

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 am

[quote="OzT"]
mckay1402 wrote:

Well not me!!!

Smile

Perish the thought, you lot have worked too hard for it....... Whistle

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Feck off. guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:In a popularity contest its pretty obvious who would lose between Wales and England, even SA can get as widely despised as us no matter how hard they try. You can take away our freedom, but you can never take our unpopularity!

It only seems you are more unpopular because the Celtic nations are well represented by their posters. Rolling Eyes

You couldn't have had that borefest in 2007 without us. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey roddersm, been told today's Arthur's birthday, thus being given coupons for 2 free guinesses.... you be joining in the celebrations of your national drinks's father??

guinness

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 pm

OzT wrote:Hey roddersm, been told today's Arthur's birthday, thus being given coupons for 2 free guinesses.... you be joining in the celebrations of your national drinks's father??

guinness

Smile

By jeebus I forgot it was today! Might see if I can get out for a few sneaky ones later guinness guinness thumbsup
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:You can take away our freedom, but you can never take our unpopularity!

Laugh Hug

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:46 pm

It's funny how Guinness just introduced this "Arthurs Day" as a marketing ploy a few years ago to promote and sell Guinness, and already Irish people are treating it as if it's a real day in the calendar, like Christmas or Easter.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 pm

It isn't?? I was told it was!! Bit like the other grog maker, Mr Daniel, Jack's birthday.....

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Ireland clear favourites against Wales, just look at the recent history Mun!!!! Hug

Recent history?

Like Wales beating Ireland in the 6Ns?

Or more recent, like Wales beating England at home with no possession only for England to crush Ireland at home?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:47 pm

wales606 wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Ireland clear favourites against Wales, just look at the recent history Mun!!!! Hug

Recent history?

Or more recent, like Wales beating England at home with no possession only for England to crush Ireland at home?

Well there you have it. Ireland have no chance. None. They are massive underdogs for this one. guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:10 pm

wales606 wrote:

Recent history?

Wales didn't beat Ireland Jonathan Kaplan beat Ireland in the six nations. Would love if he was ref for the Ireland Wales quarter.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Wales didn't beat Ireland Jonathan Kaplan beat Ireland in the six nations. Would love if he was ref for the Ireland Wales quarter. laughing Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Wales didn't beat Ireland Jonathan Kaplan beat Ireland in the six nations. Would love if he was ref for the Ireland Wales quarter. laughing Yahoo

No Wales beat Ireland.

Shame I went the way it did. Bit Ireland didn't have it in them to better Wales unfortunately unfair try.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:53 pm

A win is a win. Yous are cheatin feckers but a win is win Wink Leprechaun
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:49 am

roddersm wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Recent history?

Well there you have it. Ireland have no chance. None. They are massive underdogs for this one. guinness

Thats not what I was saying. Thats what RG was saying about Wales Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:16 pm

I think...

Ita v Wal

SA v Aus

Eng v NZ

Fra v Age

With Wales, Australia, France and erm, England going through (not really, its a rwc too soon for most of that squad).

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:53 pm

You think Italy are going to finish above Ireland and Australia to top the group?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:You think Italy are going to finish above Ireland and Australia to top the group?

Don't you????? Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:58 pm

damage_13 wrote:I think...

Ita v Wal

SA v Aus

Eng v NZ

Fra v Age

With Wales, Australia, France and erm, England going through (not really, its a rwc too soon for most of that squad).

Italy are going to finish above Ireland and Australia are they?

That my friend is why you should never, ever go near a bookies.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Just figured it out by the way, for Italy to finish ahead of Australia, Australia would have to lose to Russia....

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 pm

oh crap... far too much coffee and not enough time lol

Italy and Australia to go through in pool C, for reasons I explained in the other thread

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:16 pm

In case any Interest OZ 67 USA 5. 11 tries. Bonus point secured after 28 mins.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Rob B wrote:In case any Interest OZ 67 USA 5. 11 tries. Bonus point secured after 28 mins.

Pretty good for a second in the pool team.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:04 pm

They´re not second at the end though leinsterbaby according to some. Apparently Italy are going to be the big movers and shakers. Shocked

That game for Australia did nothing for them really. They did what they have to but the result is pretty much a head banging against the wall exercise. It doesn´t bring back the last game against Ireland. They have to focus now on their lineup. Faingaa had a sickening collision and Beale walked off at halftime.

Australia have Russia to repair their wounded and then face a huge physical battle with SA. Don´t see how Faingaa can come back so will AAC move to centre and hope Ioane or JOC are back to go on the wing? Robbie Deans was confident of the depth of Australia before the tournament. Now he realises he needs his top players back as the cover is not so flash.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:06 pm

RubyGuby wrote:It's not a prediction Mckay - I had a vision last night Smile

I also saw into the future on 606V2 and all I could pick up in the year 2037 was a lot of english fans on here asking the Wales fans not to keep going on about 2011 thumbsup

Whatever it is that you are taking olease tell me, i could do with it and the missus definitely could

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next