The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
ME-109
greybeard
poissonrouge
Rava
Breadvan
Feckless Rogue
perthshirepuma
Notch
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
red_stag
Cymroglan
Mick(TEFC)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
MrsP
Hound_of_Harrow
Gibson
WillyGilly
Thomond
Mickado
Suspicious lurker
prop_lyd
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
MBTGOG
Cari
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of the captains of the World Cup Quarter Finalists pictures on the bar. We've got Sam Warburton, Brian O'Driscoll, Lewis Moody, Thierry Dusautoir, John Smit, James Horwill, Felipe Contepomi and Richie McCaw.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale Hug guinness cider furious coffee Bubbly RedWine guinness mug Ale Laugh Erm laughing guinness Yahoo Ale
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

I'm 5'9 Linebreaker...so a three seater's ideal. Very Happy

Anyway, who knows where we'll all be by the time Lions tour comes around again....

Cari

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:14 am

Cari wrote:I'm 5'9 Linebreaker...so a three seater's ideal. Very Happy

Anyway, who knows where we'll all be by the time Lions tour comes around again....

on my blydi sofa.... that's where! Laugh

(would appreciate it if crisp crumbs were kept to a minimum...)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:16 am

I am getting nervous now. Wales will be our toughest Test yet.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:19 am

MBTGOG wrote:I am getting nervous now. Wales will be our toughest Test yet.

I was far less nervous about the Aus game, partially because there's more at stake now, but partially because Wales are on top top form and I prefer us when we're underdogs. I'm sure it doesn't matter much to the players but i much prefer it!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

I think though that if this Irish team can get at Philips, we'll stop Wales in their tracks. Get him ratty and involved in off the ball stuff and we will slow them down.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Yeah, I'm sort of nervous... but quietly confident. Just don't want to read BB's pre-game analysis... (if he's written one) because it only makes me think in more detail.

Trying to distract myself now - have an early-ish night (read my book), boxing in the morning, kill some bushes (gardening) after lunch tomorrow... then settle down for it around 3pm here.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Donnacha O'Callaghan come on down!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:24 am

Linebreaker wrote:It's a three-seater Cari... are you a long person? Laugh

Be sure to exchange details with me Mickado before you leave. Oz is a great place for 'resettling'.

Just realised - I do have space for a huge party.... outside on 'the green'.
6'4" in her undershnecks OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

MBTGOG wrote:I think though that if this Irish team can get at Philips, we'll stop Wales in their tracks. Get him ratty and involved in off the ball stuff and we will slow them down.

I remember DOC getting up his nose in the 2009 grand slam decider...hopefully Mr P. has learnt to keep a cool head. We can't afford to be giving away silly penalties with ROG about.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

MBTGOG wrote:I think though that if this Irish team can get at Philips, we'll stop Wales in their tracks. Get him ratty and involved in off the ball stuff and we will slow them down.

I'm always worried about this when we start with Mike Phillips. If I was an opposition coach I'd definitely want my players to give him a bit of verbal because he's one of the most likely players to get sidetracked by that kind of thing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

What has my hubby got to do with it?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

Asbo, she'll still have room to wriggle her toes I think...

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

Not that Mr P Mrs P, Mr P the Taffy scrum half...if you're married to him though, good work! thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

Nah.

My one is much nicer than Mike.

And he has the patience of a Saint!

Now now! Don't even think about making any jokes about that!

Yes, I'm looking at you Asbo!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:41 am

MrsP wrote:Nah.

That man IS a Saint Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:44 am

Aw shucks, Rav, didn't think you cared Whistle

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:45 am

MrsP wrote:Nah.

Spoilsport raspberry

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

laughing

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

Hi As. Wink Saint you certainly are not. But a good all round guy OK cider

Can Chiefs keep up the intensity this weekend?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

Rava wrote:Hi As. Wink Saint you certainly are not. But a good all round guy OK cider

Can Chiefs keep up the intensity this weekend?
Reckon it'll be close, Saints are wounded Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

Morning people cuppa

Pub trip to Oz?... You may just be able to twist my arm... Smile

Today is really dragging, I might actually have to do some work to try and speed it up! Yikes
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

Gibbo: when your lurking: i'm up for the Lions tour....just need to get a possible trip to Africa next July out of the way first!!

If he comes on, happy b.day Staggy cider

And it's friday!!! Can't wait for tomorrow: Wales, Sarries cup match, Leeds in the Grand Final....good times and 3 easy wins Wink

Oh and Ireland smells of my bathroom after Micky-T destroyed it!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

Sonny Wool, a 'psychic' sheep from New Zealand, has 'predicted' England will beat France in Saturday's quarter-final. He has been compared to Paul the Octopus from the 2010 football World Cup because he chooses which team will win by selecting one of two boxes of food put in front of him, each of which has a nation's flag on. Sonny, who has successfully chosen New Zealand to win its last four matches, also reckons the All Blacks will defeat Argentina, Ireland will triumph over Wales and South Africa will beat Australia.
However,Richie McCow,a New Zealand calf,choosing between two milk feeding bottles, has gone for Argentina,England,Australia and Ireland.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:18 am

Just had a fire evac drill here, 40 mins milling about outside - getting into a coffee shop was a mite tricky. There was a nice shot of our building on "Missing" last night - Philip Glenister's character met someone in the "Strand Hotel" (aka the Savoy).

I could be up for the Lions tour too - might have to do a wee hop over the Tasman somewhere during it though.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

Chef A sheep, an octopus, a cat, a cow....they've nothing on the Irish captain visiting you in your sleep! Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

Has anyone here been to Australia? How bad are the spiders? Honestly, now.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

I'm backing the sheep.

How ironic the welsh national animal chooses Ireland.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:34 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Has anyone here been to Australia? How bad are the spiders? Honestly, now.

Just remember to check the toilet seat for redbacks before sitting down, you'll be fine. Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:39 am

'Most bites occur in the warmer months between December and April and in the afternoon or evening.'

Well that's something, anyway!

They're much smaller than I expected them to be. As long as they keep themselves to themselves I have no problem with them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Has anyone here been to Australia? How bad are the spiders? Honestly, now.

lucky, they generally are out of sight but over the years I've had some freaky experiences. Even last Friday - closed the door to my dartboard and one huge monster huntsman (google it) was on the back of the door. It somehow sprinted to a crack between the dart board and the wall.

It's still there now... I can feel it! Because it's raining quite heavily now it will probably try to work it's way towards the warmth of my living room.
Funny - because I live 4 storeys up... but luckily funnel webs don't climb - at least not the Sydney species.

Had the first one of those last week too. We had one warm day (32) then it started raining. This one must have thought it was mid-summer. They look dead when you fish them out from a swimming pool (I nearly dived on one as a kid but at the last moment saw a shadow of it's legs on a large leaf) but they soon 'come back to life'. I use the brick technique - take no chances. Used to be many more 20-30 years ago... numbers seem down as more land gets concreted over.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rbuLn-Y8KM&feature=player_embedded

Classic!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Just remember to check the toilet seat for redbacks before sitting down, you'll be fine. Wink

Also the wheely-bins. We have all those different ones for paper, glass, household, garden, etc. I always check near the handles when wheeling them out. There are always webs around that part. They like dry, sheltered places as well.... like my huntsman friend out there.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

Huntsman?
Redback?

You might as well just call the SKULLVIPERS and get it over and done with. I love nature and all that, but spiders are icky wicky slippy micky. No thanks.

I can feel it in my hair AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Run

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:53 am

Jeez LB, I didn't think spiders bothered me over much but I'm having second thoughts now... and an attack of the wrigglies!! Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:58 am

Now let me get this straight... The Redback female eats her male lover while she's sh***ing him?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like a bit of fooling around while on the job... but Come On!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:59 am

Is there any way you can scare them off? If I went around clanging two saucepan lids together, would that work?

O M Freakin' G, look at the size of the feckers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

Laugh swanny

I haven't even started on the snakes yet...

I'm probably making it sound worse than it is but then again I've grown up with all sorts of wildlife around me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:03 pm

I think a lot of spiders do that sort of thing Gibbo... makes the orgasm more intense. Laugh

I'm not sure if they react to that frequency lucky... if you banged on my dartboard - it would probably make a dash for it though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

What a bunch of wusses! Spider schmider. I'm not scared of any creepy crawlies. Although I did scream when I found a slug in my bathroom once. It'd had come a long way up the garden wall and through the window so I was quite shocked.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:05 pm

Linebreaker wrote:I think a lot of spiders do that sort of thing Gibbo... makes the orgasm more intense. Laugh

There's a few humans into that sh*t as well....they usually end up accidentally killing themselves though. Erm Whatever rocks your boat....

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:06 pm

Gibson wrote:Now let me get this straight... The Redback female eats her male lover while she's sh***ing him?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I like a bit of fooling around while on the job... but Come On!

You should go to the Forest of Dean Gibbo....that's NOTHING!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:08 pm

Linebreaker wrote: Laugh swanny

I haven't even started on the snakes yet...

Don't even go there LB, pleeease! Spiders are (generally) ok, mice don't bother me, I'm not scared of heights, but snakes!... Yikes Run
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:11 pm

Trust me, Linebreaker, if I knew that huntsman was still hiding behind it, I wouldn't be going anywhere near your dartboard!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:15 pm

Question for you all, we were discussing this in work today. there’s a department in our company that secures online transactions, so when a company set itself up to sell on its website we have people check that they’re a legit business, that they own the domain name they sell under, that they are registered and legal blah blah blah, if they pass validation we give them a symbol to put on their site that says “secured by <our company>”. That’s all grand.

But do you ever see the day when individuals would want a service like that. So for example you set up a facebook page and FB validate that all of your details are correct, now they wouldn’t have to be publicly available but FB would give you some form of credential to say, yes this person is who they say they are, then you could use that credential to set up bank accounts, log ins on websites etc.

If you could be sure that everything was secure is that something that you’d like, or do you prefer the freedom of anonymity online?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:18 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:Jeez LB, I didn't think spiders bothered me over much but I'm having second thoughts now... and an attack of the wrigglies!! Laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR0qyslUeD8
(skip the 1st 45 seconds)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:22 pm

Gibson wrote:Now let me get this straight... The Redback female eats her male lover while she's sh***ing him?

I frequently get my head bitten off, but it's mever mid-coitus - strange that Headscratch

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:23 pm

I forgot to mention - I was bitten by a golden orb spider just on the fleshy bit below the elbow when I was a teenager.

I didn't actually feel the bite - but within minutes it got very itchy and a welt like swelling appeared. The bulge lasted a few days - got less and less itchy. I put all sorts of creams on it and it weeped a bit (when I squeezed the area), then it was gone in about 3-4 days.

Snakes are beautiful swanny. You should see them move through water!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:31 pm

Yeah I can see the beauty in them LB, I'm just emotionally scarred from discovering one in my house several years ago!

Belonged to my next door neighbour at the time and had escaped. I absolutely Flip Poopie myself when I saw it! Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:32 pm

Mickado, I'd quite like that - as long as you could produce the credential thing as and when you choose and not have it attached to you visibly wherever you browse.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

You mean similar to a personal digital seal Mickado?

I did create one for my google account - but haven't seen it being used. It said that my selected image would appear from time to time (to verify it was me using the account) but so far I haven't noticed it anywhere.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next