The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
ME-109
greybeard
poissonrouge
Rava
Breadvan
Feckless Rogue
perthshirepuma
Notch
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
red_stag
Cymroglan
Mick(TEFC)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
MrsP
Hound_of_Harrow
Gibson
WillyGilly
Thomond
Mickado
Suspicious lurker
prop_lyd
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
MBTGOG
Cari
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of the captains of the World Cup Quarter Finalists pictures on the bar. We've got Sam Warburton, Brian O'Driscoll, Lewis Moody, Thierry Dusautoir, John Smit, James Horwill, Felipe Contepomi and Richie McCaw.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale Hug guinness cider furious coffee Bubbly RedWine guinness mug Ale Laugh Erm laughing guinness Yahoo Ale
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

Notch wrote:Well done Wales. Much the better side and more deserving of a spot in the semi-final.

Disappointment for Ireland. Has the feeling of the end of an era.

Shut the Flip up notch, Mr. Flip Doom-monger, you beat this team down when ever you get the chance just be proud of the boys for doing what they did
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

Clerc is over! one of my fave French players kiss

Honestly don't know who i want to win this one, but for sure, France look like they are well up for actually playing good rugby today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

CLERC!!!!!!!!!
ALLE LE BLUE!! Yahoo
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

Haha Phil Vickery: they went through England like a tesco checkout!! He's obviously never used those blydi self service machines.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

Quelle essai!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

Clerc is dancing through them almost every time though
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

hughie1986 wrote:

Notch wrote:Well done Wales. Much the better side and more deserving of a spot in the semi-final.

Shut the Flip up notch, Mr. Flip Doom-monger, you beat this team down when ever you get the chance just be proud of the boys for doing what they did

Don't agree with this. Notch was one of the few Irish people I saw who said Ireland for a semi all along.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

Brilliant try!

Classic French turning it on now!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:05 am

Medard!! best facial hair in world rugby.

what a fabulous try, France really turning it on. Am not sure from a welsh pov if that's a good thing!!

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:05 am

Am I dreaming? Who are this French side and where have they come from.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:05 am

France really are on fire.

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Medard!! best facial hair in world rugby.

what a fabulous try, France really turning it on. Am not sure from a welsh pov if that's a good thing!!

It is. They'll be rubbish in the next game.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

Risca Rev wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:

Don't agree with this. Notch was one of the few Irish people I saw who said Ireland for a semi all along.

Me and munsty were the only ones who believed in our team, from the very start of the six nations
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

Its Ireland in disguise, the real France played Wales today laughing
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

I dunno, France absolutely beat us up int he 6N's after warbs went off after 10 mins. They utterly destroyed us. They win this, they're going to really believe they can do it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

I know we said France could pull a performance from nowhere but did anyone actually expect it?

Uncle Phil getting quite irate in the commentary.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

England need to hold out. France will turn off and England need to turn the screw then.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:10 am

This is a very good match, a France-Wales semi would be epic Very Happy
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:10 am

I did Willy. This is so typically French.

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:11 am

Idiotic from Foden there.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

I'm glad these quarters are showing the finer points of rugby.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

Worrying about the outcome isn't the same as not supporting a team.

Everyone has their own way of handling the ups and downs of sport. Just because it's not your way doesn't make it wrong.

I don't think anyone could doubt Notch's support of Ulster or Ireland.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:15 am

MBTGOG wrote:I'm glad these quarters are showing the finer points of rugby.

100% agree with this.

Fair enough Hughie. I'm sure it was Notch I was picking up on about this semi final chat, because I didn't think you would get there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:19 am

MrsP wrote:Worrying about the outcome isn't the same as not supporting a team.

Everyone has their own way of handling the ups and downs of sport. Just because it's not your way doesn't make it wrong.

I don't think anyone could doubt Notch's support of Ulster or Ireland.
+1
I don't see eye to eye with Notch all the time but I have never doubted his support for his region or country.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:20 am

prop_lyd wrote:Haha Phil Vickery: they went through England like a tesco checkout!! He's obviously never used those blydi self service machines.

Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

Words can't describe how disappointed and annoyed I am. Where was our intensity? Wales played very well but we were poor. Gave away 3 soft tries and our breakdown work was shocking. Nobody hit rucks with any sort of ferocity. I wonder did they believe some of their hype.

Wales defence was superb we didn't look like scoring for most of the match. ROG was the wrong call for this match, I felt that before the match and we actually looked decent in attack with Sexton there. I do think it is time to change the old guard,we have to back Sexton/Keatley now for the jersey. ROG was a great servant to Ireland but we have to move on. Think D'Arcy has to go too, 2nd time a big game he has missed a big tackle and it has cost us points.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:23 am

Cari wrote:
prop_lyd wrote:Haha Phil Vickery: they went through England like a tesco checkout!! He's obviously never used those blydi self service machines.

Laugh

One of the commentators had a Murray Mexted moment earlier - "interesting to see Flood inside Wilkonson there" laughing
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

Do you think ROG might retire afterall? He was on about it early on in the competition.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:27 am

Sad
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:28 am

I say he will.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:28 am

Pete Hug They can get something....need to score first to boost the confidence.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:29 am

I would not be suprised really. He could stay at Munster though another season or two, we need him to coach keatly a bit and I would say he wants another go at the HC
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

He will still play for Munster, I would be in favour of bringing Keatley through regardless of whether ROG retires or not. Anyone know who got MOTM. Could have been any Welsh player, really everyone played their part. In some ways it reminded me of Ireland's win against OZ. However we were OZ this time around!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

Curry - I agree, I think he will hang up his green jersey, but continue at Munster for about another year, and then maybe coach for them.

Thom - Mike Phillips

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:32 am

Thomond wrote:Words can't describe how disappointed and annoyed I am. Where was our intensity? Wales played very well but we were poor. Gave away 3 soft tries and our breakdown work was shocking. Nobody hit rucks with any sort of ferocity. I wonder did they believe some of their hype.

Wales defence was superb we didn't look like scoring for most of the match. ROG was the wrong call for this match, I felt that before the match and we actually looked decent in attack with Sexton there. I do think it is time to change the old guard,we have to back Sexton/Keatley now for the jersey. ROG was a great servant to Ireland but we have to move on. Think D'Arcy has to go too, 2nd time a big game he has missed a big tackle and it has cost us points.

We should have moved on from D'Arcy a while ago. Personally I thought ROG should have started given Sexton's form, but we gave up 6 points which you know ROG would have got. If we were going for tries Sexton should have been on.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:34 am

Not Roberets? I thought he played best really.
Its time for ROG to go its the right time and he has done everything and more for us. Just a pity if he goes out on this low. Many others should go too imo
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

No it was Mike Phillips. I thought he had a good game, but I wasn't sure about the MOTM.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:37 am

Halfpenny for me. Phillips is a wee Poopie. All he ever does is moan at the ref with his arms out.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

Alright better head off this now. Enjoy the rest of this game and I do hope England get back into this.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

To be fair Willy, he was unusually well behaved today. I was surprised.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

Your scrum half and outhalf should both be d!ckheads though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

Thomond - well MP certainly is a pain in the orse for the opponents, he's always in their faces.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

I personally would have given MotM to Bennett or AWJ, am so amazed with Bennett this world cup, can you remember when we were all calling for him to be dropped!? he's been incredible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

I said I thought ireland could do well in the World Cup and reach a semi-final since before the Six Nations. I feel like it's the end of an era because it unlikely that ROG, BOD and POC will play in 2015. I'm not doom mongering; by 2015 we'll have entered a new era in Irish rugby.

I must have missed the part where I said that was a bad thing anyway.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

990 posts, I'll set up a new pub
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

Can we have a regs xv as the pictures??!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

hughie1986 wrote:

Frankly I find this offensive. I don't beat this team down at all, I've spent quite a lot of money I don't have supporting them over the past four years and I'm very proud of them and what they have done.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

Prop - I don't know what position I'd be....13 I suppose, with Tommy behind me at 14 Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

I still think Mike Phillips was a little ponderous at the back of the ruck, but it was a super try. Great finish, so for that I'll let him off. After that then, you could see he was much zippier at getting the ball away. Probably high as a kite by then though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

Foden gets a try. They needed it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next