The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC.

+30
Cumbrian
TheGreyGhost
Geordie
mystiroakey
hawalsh
Bazzer79
Comfort
fa0019
HERSH
damage_13
tomhughesnice
lostinwales
BATH_BTGOG
rodders
Islingtonv2
EnglishReign
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
Metal Tiger
Toadfish
Breadvan
beshocked
HammerofThunor
Bitter Beer
maestegmafia
SneakySideStep
westisbest
Biltong
dubh_linn
manofgwent
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC. - Page 3 Empty French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC.

Post by manofgwent Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I'm not sure how the average England fan feels about tomorrow mornings quarter final against the French, but the English media are already eyeing up the winner of the Wales, Ireland game.
Out of all the teams to be written off, France are surely the team you can never take for granted. Ask new Zealand. Brian Moore and the rest of the awful talksport WC team are soooooo confident, as are several former players.
Ok. France look in disarray. They lost to tonga. They have a scrum half playing 10. They also have a fantastic back row and class out wide. This game is a one-off and if englands confidence is just coming from how poor France look, they are in for a big fall. I mean England don't even know wholl be taking their place kicks. They give away penalties for fun and only just got past Argentina and Scotland.
The most predictable team in world rugby against the least predictable.
This is going to be a cracker and I fancy France to get off to a flyer and SHOCK the not so mighty English.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC. - Page 3 Empty Re: French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC.

Post by manofgwent Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 am

Oh dd dear dear!!!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC. - Page 3 Empty Re: French written off.... Heard that one before in a WC.

Post by senghenydd1913 Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:03 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:"Not because England have offered anything in this tournament so far."

Similar to 2007....and we made the final. Maybe we're just a boring side thats very good at knock out competitions - a less successful copy of South Africa.

ouch!
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Yeah, I recall pulling up that post at the time. I think Geordie was still trying to argue they had some special magical ability in knock out competitions. I have always maintained it is just a quirk of statistics in an immature competition that will even out to match the long term rankings over time.

If this competition has done nothing but put that tired myth to bed, then all the better.

No disrespect to anyone.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3