The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
MBTGOG
Suspicious lurker
Gibson
Irish Curry
Mrs Penfro
Adam D
Thomond
Glas a du
Dave.
MrsP
Rava
SimonofSurrey
Breadvan
Pal Joey
littleswannygirl
Ozzy3213
Cymroglan
Notch
WillyGilly
Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
Cari
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
31 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of pub regulars. We've got the big group pic from the HEC final in Cardiff, plus insets of ll those who couldn't make it

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale Hug guinness cider furious coffee Bubbly RedWine guinness mug Ale Laugh Erm laughing guinness Yahoo Ale

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t15430p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#560300
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:09 pm

yeah really hard to take, but that's rugby I guess. Just so unlucky.

On a plus side at least anyway, Matthew Rees might be back playing by the end of Ocotber, that's a good few weeks sooner then expected.

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:23 pm

Bad luck for Payne and Ulster.

Right, I'm off to watch Ealing and to forget all about this morning (blydi French!)

Come on you Green Machine!!!

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

Ymlaen Ealing!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:42 pm

Glas a du wrote:Well, do you know a decent Solicitor?

I know a Solicitor Wink . I'm not sure if he's decent though Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

Does he play for Samoa and own a laptop ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:52 pm

F'noon All. Just been up the high street for some supplies. The Wales/Ireland match is repeated later on S4C at 5pm. Think I'll watch it again. Tommy did look lovely. Smile

I'm going to try and get Skype set up now.... Headscratch

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

Any problems with Skype just pm me

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

I don't think I will ever watch it again. It was one of the most gutless displays I have seen from this team. Wales were superb though,I'm torn betwen supporting them or the Kiwis( family over there)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

It was surprisingly limp from us. I expected more fire.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:59 pm

Ah Thom, you support whoever you like. As for next week you can support both anyway because they won't be against each other. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

The one positive of this is I was going to be in England for the final. That would have been torture!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

Afternoon all and long time no speak!

I was checking my sportsguru standing 5 minutes ago as I had done particularly well today (I had Wales by 12 and France by 5) however, I was second in this round.

So I thought to myself, who beat me?

http://www.sportguru.co.uk/rwc/player.asp?p=5019554

Who was he!? A man of his age should really know better!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:05 pm

Is that guy registered on here?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

Is that that Welsh John fella? He was Welsh and lived in NZ.

I can't remember a thread he posted on where he wasn't belligerent, unpleasant or rude- can't say its a great loss Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

oooooh! Get her! Stroppy so-and-so.

Figured out Skype, dead easy. Thanks for the offer of help Cymro.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

No problem Cari

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:25 pm

Notch wrote:Is that that Welsh John fella? He was Welsh and lived in NZ.

I can't remember a thread he posted on where he wasn't belligerent, unpleasant or rude- can't say its a great loss Smile

his name is John so its a good hunch Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

Was he that obvious!? laughing

Dreamer you should be in Canton, I can hear a chorus of men singing Sosban Fach music Must be in one of the pubs.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

aaaaah nice one Cari!

town is crazy busy now with that michael jackson concert on later.

Just finishing watching Persuasion on Itv 3, by far my favourite Austen book. Love love love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

I knew that Dr was innocent.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:14 pm

Did you know the CIA funded the film adaptation of Animal Farm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Farm_(1954_film)#Production
http://www.cracked.com/article_19460_5-classic-movies-that-were-made-possible-by-insane-schemes.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=newarticle&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

We are through the looking glass people.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

Afternoon all

How's everyone doing now that the dust has settled a bit on the mornings events? Am not as disappointed as I thought I would be about England. I guess maybe the knowledge that ultimately we did not perform very well means that I feel we got what we deserved.

France strangely looked a lot more composed than we did which surprised me. I just hope that after the inevitable RFU inquest changes are made, and not just in playing/coaching personel, but in outlook and philosophy too. We need to realise that times have moved on and the game is changing and we need to adapt our outlook to accomodate these changes whilst maintaining the traditional strengths of our game.

Was so impressed with Wales today. People will undoubtedly come up with 'Ireland were poor', but the reason they didn't look great was Wales did not let them play. I stand by what I said over a week ago now, we are looking at a Wales vs. South Africa final. Defence is key in tournament rugby like this, and those two sides have the best defences in the competition.

I never thought I would ever hear myself say these words, but I hope that Wales win the World Cup.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

Thank you Pete

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:33 pm

My dream final would be Wales or France versus New Zealand. Probably edging towards France vs New Zealand, but that should be a classic semi and I know I'll want the better team on that day to go through in the end anyway. I want Argentina to win now, but I've sort of mentally accepted that they will crash out tomorrow so I'm probably backing New Zealand. No country has gone through more World Cup pain than them, and after the earthquake- well, they have my sympathy. It would mean so much to whoever wins of course, but it would be a delight to see a nation who have put on such a good RWC be rewarded.

I'm not necessarily backing against Wales or France, another NH team winning would be great and another new name on the tropy would be awesome for the sport as well. And if they can beat whoever comes through the other side of the draw, they deserve everything they get.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

Pete - Hug , Hound's been calling a Wales v SA final for a while now too. Personally, I don't even want to look that far ahead. Got to deal with the French first.

I hope for Englands sake they really take this time to properly analyse themselves and not make and snap decisions. They've got the talent there, you only have to look at the players they churn out in the u20's 6N's every year, just need to find a way to bring them through to the senior side better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:38 pm

I've just realised I'm in a pretty good position in the wc now. Wales my no1 team, France my no2 team. Whilst I'll be gutted if Wales lose next week, at least my 2nd fave team will be in the final if that happens (it better blydi not!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:53 pm

Just watching the match again on the ITV highlights. It really was a great performance from the Welsh boys, and Francois Pienaar says that Warburton is the best 7 in the world cup at the moment. I trust his opinion Wink My only whinge is that one of the pundits (could've been Fitzpatrick) compared them to the Welsh team of the '70s. I hate it when they bang on about the '70s....

Last edited by Cari on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm

yeah Cari I'm watching it too, about to turn over to S4C to watch the game in full again. I'm even going to sacrifice watching Strictly for it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Warburton has been fantastic for Wales. The captaincy has suited him and has brought him even more to the fore as a player. The term 'World Class' is bandied about far too much when it is not deserved, but Warburton is getting very close to it.

McCaw, Brussow, Pocock. One of them will make the final and if Warburton gets there too, the stage will be set for him to take his place at the top table by usurping one of the men currently occupying those seats.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

Ha! The NZ producer obviously doesn't know what 'ti'n iawn cont. - y cofis' on that blokes flag means!

laughing
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

Still don't get the decision not to go for the posts early doors.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

I'm watching it again as well, just to make sure I was awake the first time! If anyone is going to meet up to watch the semi, can you let me know please. I promise I won't moan too much that I've come home!

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:40 pm

In the clubhouse at Ealing (win 29-22), and we have a contingent of London Welsh fans here. They have just sung a great rendition of Hen wlad fy nhadau. There are some very happy Welsh folk in here.

A very inclusive club is Ealing RFC. We fly the Patron saints' flags of all the 'home' nations in the clubhouse. And tGerald Davies used to coach the club back in the early 90's.

thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:44 pm

Glas a du wrote:Ha! The NZ producer obviously doesn't know what 'ti'n iawn cont. - y cofis' on that blokes flag means!

laughing

Yes I seen that Laugh

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:29 pm

Just downing an ice cold bottle of Heineken which is seriously hitting the spot!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

MrsPenfro - not sure exactly where we're meeting up, might be somewhere like Walkabout, but we'll let you know for sure, would be great to see you Smile

I'm really glad I watched the match again, it actually feels more real this time round, got a stupid Very Happy on my face.

Ireland played brilliantly for the first 55 minutes of the match, really really played well. Phillips' try really seemed to stun them though.

Hound - congrats on the win for Ealing! Ale

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:51 pm

Just in case, my 'Scrabble' question was a serious one but perhaps misphrased. What I meant was given that there is a total of 100 tiles, how many of each letter are there? I've never been able to work out which are the most common letters in Welsh.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

I'm still gutted anyway dreamer. Very raw. That's sport I guess- had we won it would have been one of the great historic days in Irish rugby. Wales wanted it more.

Connacht will be gutted today too; they went into the changing rooms at HT away against Leinster winning 20-8. But they ended up losing 30-20, an Ian Madigan drop goal in the final minutes denying them even the losing bonus point.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

Connacht lost?? How in gods name did they manage that??
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

Seems like a second half collapse/Leinster renaissance. I don't know because the TG4 player won't let people in Northern Ireland watch Rolling Eyes

It should- I can watch all the rugby in RTE.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

aaaaah I get you Simon. Erm, I'm not sure. obviously there would be lots of the vowels: a, e, i, o, u, w, y

sure there's be loads of the letter c, t and d.

I dunno though, never seen a Welsh version of scrabble.

Notch, I'd be feeling exactly the same if I were you, but still a lot of pride to take from the match though, I just don't want it to be all doom and gloom for Irish supporters is all, but I know that's a lot easier for me to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

Damn I was rather hoping that that connacht would win these types of ganes during the WC
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking of writing a positives and negatives article for Irelands World Cup campaign tomorrow. I think there are lots of positives for us to take away. The way Ferris, Healy, O'Brien, Best etc. came through shows we'll have a strong pack for the next four years. Our scrum is as good as it's ever been .Conor Murray looks like what we've been missing since Stringer retired. And we have lots of options in the back three who are getting better and better.

Main issues are replacing the locks and centres but we won't be easy to beat when we're re-building anyway.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

Dreamer, just now its still all doom and gloom. But wait until Monday when we sack the coach, retire the oldies and bring in the yoof. Then you'll see. 2012 Grand Slam, 2015 World Cup, countless Rabo and HC titles.........
Yes it'll be OK come Monday Cool
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

Evening All btw Ale guinness cider RedWine
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

I was just reading a blog about the Wales team on the Beeb and they were discussing Shaun Edwards and the tactics Wales brought into the match. They purposefully targetted tackling low against Ireland, especially your back row and that it was something they've been working on for months and I have to say it really paid dividends. Apart from once or twice, everytime one of SOB, Heaslip or Ferris got the ball we stopped them in their tracks, just took their feet from them. It was a superb effort.

Ooo and I've thought of another letter that would be really popular in welsh scrabble, L or Ll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

Evening Rava, I'm on the RedWine myself Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:17 pm

anyone watching the Munster v O's match? (I shall not talk about the match from earlier now I promise Smile )

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:21 pm

I am Dreamer. I'll be updating the match thread.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 08 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

Simon - this may help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrabble_letter_distributions#Welsh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next