The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
MBTGOG
Suspicious lurker
Gibson
Irish Curry
Mrs Penfro
Adam D
Thomond
Glas a du
Dave.
MrsP
Rava
SimonofSurrey
Breadvan
Pal Joey
littleswannygirl
Ozzy3213
Cymroglan
Notch
WillyGilly
Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
Cari
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
31 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 08 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of pub regulars. We've got the big group pic from the HEC final in Cardiff, plus insets of ll those who couldn't make it

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale Hug guinness cider furious coffee Bubbly RedWine guinness mug Ale Laugh Erm laughing guinness Yahoo Ale

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t15430p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#560300
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

Scrum V is on later. Quite late on I think.

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by prop_lyd Sun 09 Oct 2011, 5:28 pm

Afternoon/evening all! Somehow got up for NZ match, been to Ikea and my sisters and now time to crash!!!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 09 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

Evening. I've been in bed most of the day. Not feeling well at all. I hope it's not going to get any worse. Still, better to get illness out of the way now if I need to go sick. Going to watch Pobl, then back to bed for me.

Scrum V is on BBC1 at 10:25. There's a good U2 documentary on straight afterwards I'd recommend as well. Hope I can wake up for that, I really want to see it. Typical BBC stick good programmes on late on a school night Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:05 pm

Well I personally didn't awake until after noon and I don't regret a thing about it. I've been up before 8 the last three weeks and I'll be up same time for another five days.

(I'm sure some farmer is going to come in now and say "you know I blah blah etc." But I'm not actually complaining. I'm not a martyr to the routine I myself have imposed. Its just nice to have a lie-in for once thats all.)

Rugby vs Sleep has been the defining match in this World Cup for me. Rugby started very strongly, but now sleep is making a good comeback. Pundits are dumbfounded trying to pick the winner but the absence of Ireland and the continuing influence of ITV player could be decisive factors in the last moments.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

That's fair enough Notch. I slept in this morning myself rather than set the alarm. I did catch the tail end of the game. I'm glad the semi's are on at a more sociable hour.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:12 pm

I had a lay in this morning, twenty past seven!!!

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

I managed to get up for the rugby today but I had a bit of a lie down on my bed earlier and before I knew it I'd been asleep for almost 2 hrs. Really hope I can still get to sleep later now Smile

Hope you're feeling a bit better Cari OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:17 pm

Still aching a bit Dreamer, and have a bad chest, but I'll be OK. Just drinking some hot orange juice to dose myself up.

I'm wide awake too, so I'll probably watch the U2 documentary later if I'm up.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

ah well that'll be good then Smile

I'm actually really looking forward to Scrum V later, hopefully they've got some more up to date news on the injuries etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:33 pm

I was listening to the AB game on talksport this morning and they had Brian Moore as the co commentator. He was talking about Wales as being a potentially great side, and said that he felt that they were the only NH team who could match the SH sides intensity. He said that if France beat Wales they would not be able to beat NZ or Aus, whereas Wales could beat them in the final.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:36 pm

ah that Brian Moore, I always knew I liked him Wink

(in all seriousness I actually do like him).

With the intensity thing I was a bit worried that it was a one off thing against SA but we backed that up against Ireland. We've got to do it again with interest against France now before we even start thinking of the final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:36 pm

I think if Wales reached the final I would support them against Australia, but not New Zealand. I think my order of preference for winners now is this;

1. New Zealand
2. Wales
3. France
4. Australia.

But I'm not sure whether I want France or Wales to win more? 2 and 3 are interchangable. I'm not a good neutral. I always have to pick sides. Sometimes it's difficult and so quite arbitrary.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

Either way if New Zealand are in the Final I'll support them, otherwise I'll support the NH team.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

Notch wrote:Well I personally didn't awake until after noon and I don't regret a thing about it. I've been up before 8 the last three weeks and I'll be up same time for another five days.

(I'm sure some farmer is going to come in now and say "you know I blah blah etc." But I'm not actually complaining. I'm not a martyr to the routine I myself have imposed. Its just nice to have a lie-in for once thats all.)

Rugby vs Sleep has been the defining match in this World Cup for me. Rugby started very strongly, but now sleep is making a good comeback. Pundits are dumbfounded trying to pick the winner but the absence of Ireland and the continuing influence of ITV player could be decisive factors in the last moments.

Laugh Yup, that will get him up and running. Baaaaaaaaaaaa.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:57 pm

Evening all,

Oh dear.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15234032.stm

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:58 pm

ah yeah there's a thread on that on the international section MrsP, all I can say is:

Doh

what's wrong with them?!

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm

I just imagine the England management like a group of school teachers that have taken a crowd of unruly school kids on a trip and can't control them.

I bet they just can't wait to get home and hand them back over to their parents.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:34 pm

I didn't need to open the link to know that would be about England.

Cymro - 3 games out, 3 losses. Robinson back and we win; he does make a huge difference to us. He missed a sitter of a penalty at the end, but it was the last kick of a game already won.We missed Wentzel too, and he was back to add to the set piece.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

the title of this article just game me a shiver of fear:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/wales/8816952/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-Wales-must-now-deal-with-the-pressure-of-expectation-after-victory-over-Ireland.html

I blydi hate the word expectation when it comes to Wales and rugby.

Not sure why it's taken this long for journalists to realise that Wales would benefit from playing outside of the goldfishbowl that is Wales though, it's always seemed so obvious to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:42 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:27-24 to my lot. Relieved!

Went for a spin in the car to listen to that one on the radio. Robinson played well according to the commentators.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

Evening all, good rugby day today. I was up at 6 for Aus vs SA, then watched the ABs then out to Wycombe to watch Wasps with Hound and Andy. Bed time isn't far off.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

sounds like a fab day Kiwi OK

Tis almost Downton Abbey time for me, I love that programme. Lovely ending to the day too, I've really enjoyed all the rugby today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

thumbsup I am quite often amazed by your rugby watching stamina Kiwi.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

Nos da. Miss G in bed and I've hit the wall.

P.S. Notch, don't think I didn't see that.

P.P.S. Nor you Gibbo!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm

Glas a du wrote:thumbsup I am quite often amazed by your rugby watching stamina Kiwi.

He fits in a fair few games of netball too.

Good to have you with us today kiwi thumbsup

Actually, for 'rugby stamina', dreamer has benn up and posting on most of the 6am games. Fair play!

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm

I don't quite know how I've managed it Hound, I'm usually rubbish in the mornings. Tis a running joke with my friends that I'm never really fully functional until it's about 12 noon.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Cities of Gold Yahoo been over a month, only 10 episodes left.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:16 pm

Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

Evening people cuppa

I'm the same Dreamer, definitely a night owl. But when I do have reason to get up early I can do it and I love it. Guess it means you're rather more motivated by rugby than you are by work! Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

ha, who'd have thought it eh Swanny? Wink cuppa

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:25 pm

Laugh Bizarre indeed Dreamer Wink
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

Ligind dreamer, for your stamina. And at least you have two more games in the competition.

Considered opinion amongst Wasps fans was that England did't deserve to go any further (and I spoke to a fair few today), but Johnson should stay. Then get shot of the coaches bar Rowntree.

Did a couple of posts get deleted back there. I'm sure I responded to (yet another negative) story about England. We are hounded incessantly by the press, no need to rub it in ok!

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

Hug ah you know what the press is like, they're just as bad here when Welsh players do something stupid. Just think back to when Phillips was excluded from the squad just a few months back!

And my Dad is of the wame opinion as those Wasps fans. He's just pretty disappointed with the whole thing really bless him Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

I think Johnno should go. He seems stuck in the past, and has made some very poor decisions in terms of team selection.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

I wonder what they will talk about on Scrum V tonight chin

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I wonder what they will talk about on Scrum V tonight chin

Sheep Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:14 pm

he has a bit I guess Pete, that was one of the things my Dad wasn't so sure on. I think what baffled him most was that England changed their game plan from what was working for them so well. Just couldn't understand what happened. Is it more down to the players, or the coaches?

Don't think any rushed decisions should be made anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

American football can make you a lot more frustrated than rugby. I feel like ripping up my Wembley tickets!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

Pete my understanding is that his contract is up in December anyway so not extending it may be the best option for him and the RU.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:18 pm

He spent 18 months selecting Hape at 12 despite it being clear he is not an international class 12 (decent AP player though), took him to the World Cup and then decided to play Tindall at 12, and when Tindall was injured played Flood there, who has not played there for England for about 3 years.

That makes no sense.

Matt Stevens got his head shoved up his arse in the scrum by Scotland and is a tighthead, whereas in the 6 Nations Alex Corbisiero took Mas to the cleaners, so he plays Stevens at loosehead against Mas and wonders why he again gets his head shoved up his arse.

It is not rocket science.

I could go on, but we would be here all night. Johnno has to go.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

well. when you put it like that....

I dunno, there's lots of things for England do decide I guess.

Ooo Scrum V time. I think I'm going to get annoyed with this, they're going to say we can blydi win the thing when we haven't even played France yet! I hate looking ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

What song, influenced you, affected you, altered your view - more than any other in your Life?

And why? guinness

This is one of a few for me.

It has resonance for a reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSZcK48cTiU&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

dreamer, I agree with your dad. England's coaches seem to have stifled the players. We can play good rugby, and have shown that.

To see us not using our attacking threats to maximum effect was disappointing. Our lack of respect for possession - with high risk offloads- was not professional.

I'm over the fact that we're out, but am massively fecked off that we should have done better.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

you and my Dad need to meet for a Ale Hound.

Aaah Gibbo, that's an impossible question for me to answer. Too many songs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:50 pm

Come on girl. You probably have 100's. But, give us one anyway. cider

This one's for adolescent Lueerve. This is a filim and song moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-3lKbMBab18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bE1dz6_u2JI

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

I'm torn on the Johnson issue. I have 2 conflicting views on it.

1 - I think Johnson with the right coaching team can deliver for England. I think he is a man manager, a delegator, a decision maker, a selector and a motivator. He is neither a coach nor tactician and is only as good as the men he surrounds himself with. I think there is still large scope to utilise these skills in the future.

2 - Johnson has made some serious blunders in personnel selection and has not developed any real leaders in the team. He has failed to instill a big game temperament in his side and has not made good on the skills he has. Why should he get another chance?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

Could we not not also say that about Kidney?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:12 pm

Gibbo - I was waiting for someone to say it and I agree 1 million per cent.

However, I think that Kidney has already surrounded him with the right team and I believe this is only going to improve with a new backs coach. For now Kidney is still the right choice. Maybe in two years he may step aside.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:20 pm

http://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup/2011/matches/new-zealand-v-argentina/

Click on the Felipe gracious vid. Sad

I love Felipe.

"Rugby gives you values. They aren't written, but they are for life. " zen guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 09 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm

Agree with you Gibbo. He was always happy to be the pantomine villain when it came to Munster and we loved to hate him. He was so eager to play the role we wanted him to. But when asked this year about Munster (before Toulon played them in HEC) he said:

"The key to Munster Rugby is that they don't have one crucial player whom you can target. Whoever gets into that red jersey does the job. That is what makes them a very good team; it is not about one player you can name. For example if Paul O'Connell is not there, Mick O'Driscoll can play and will produce an outstanding performance. That is what makes them so very special.

Whenever I played against them, it was always the biggest game you could get. It didn't matter whether it was the Heineken Cup or Magners League; it cannot get bigger than a match against them. Playing against them has been one of the best things I have experienced in my rugby career. They are the best memories. Those were very happy times for me."

Hug
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next