The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

+75
Goosestepper
lostinwales
Tenez
Breadvan
Hookisms and Hyperbole
John Cregan
BlueNote
welshy824
offload
Dave.
mpc28
Pot Hale
robbo277
Notch
Taffineastbourne
EnglishReign
faraway
Standulstermen
walesworldcup
wales606
dublin_dave
fa0019
BATH_BTGOG
Don Alfonso
valjester
R!skysports
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
trebellbobaggins
nathan
dubh_linn
Davie
LuvSports!
Thomond
Cowshot
Mad for Chelsea
RDW
21st Century Schizoid Man
Taylorman
rodders
eirebilly
PJHolybloke
manofgwent
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
wonder_man
Oxford Welsh
lauriehow
GunsGerms
gavstar
Knowsit17
Smirnoffpriest
TheGreyGhost
Rory_Gallagher
mckay1402
Ozzy3213
Astonal
ystradosprey
HERSH
Higher_Ground
Shifty
brennomac
The Gramlin
bedfordwelsh
JDandfries
RubyGuby
Luckless Pedestrian
whocares
deadfred
Portnoy
TycroesOsprey
Cymroglan
Gatts
Biltong
Adam D
maestegmafia
79 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who will win Wales or France?

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Vote_lcap62%Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 32 ]
Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Vote_lcap38%Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 52

Poll closed

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Empty Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

Well played France a deserved winner... great effort by Wales but silly mistakes cost us a better result...

Good luck to Australia and New Zealand tomorrow

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:56 am; edited 7 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Empty Re: Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

Post by Adam D Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:02 am

just like to point out that the odds quoted there are for winning the WC not winning this game!

Odds for the game can be found here: https://www.606v2.com/t15795-semi-final-betting-you-cant-lose

Maesteg has now corrected the odds but if you still want a flutter check out the thread!

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  Empty Re: Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:13 am

Cheers

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

The betting odds seem to favour Wales by 2 points, it also did favour england, I am not a betting man but I think France will win, not by much, but they should pull it through.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:17 am

biltongbek wrote:The betting odds seem to favour Wales by 2 points, it also did favour england, I am not a betting man but I think France will win, not by much, but they should pull it through.
Why do you think that?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:22 am

biltongbek wrote:The betting odds seem to favour Wales by 2 points, it also did favour england, I am not a betting man but I think France will win, not by much, but they should pull it through.

yeah why you big bag of biltong?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:23 am

Wales has been playing knock out rugby since the match after South Africa, that means they have been playing the high mental edge matches for 4 consecutive matches now. Although they are playing well, I do not know whether they will be able to lift another gear.

France on the other hand has been poor so far, they only swithced on mentally in their quarter final and should in my opinion be able to lift themselves still higher, especially mentally.

Everyone wrote them off after the NZ match and crucially so after Tonga, England weren't at their best when they played France, but you could see the lift in intensity from France in that first half, very few teams can live with France when they play like that.

Both teams will see that as an opportunity on the weekend to get to the final for the first time in a while, but France will have the belief they can win it.

Whereas Wales do not yet possess that belief that they can beat a Tri Nation team.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

Wales - 4/5
France - 11/10

I'm not a betting man so if I put a tenner on France or Wales what would I win ?

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:29 am

biltongbek wrote:Wales has been playing knock out rugby since the match after South Africa, that means they have been playing the high mental edge matches for 4 consecutive matches now. Although they are playing well, I do not know whether they will be able to lift another gear.

France on the other hand has been poor so far, they only swithced on mentally in their quarter final and should in my opinion be able to lift themselves still higher, especially mentally.

Everyone wrote them off after the NZ match and crucially so after Tonga, England weren't at their best when they played France, but you could see the lift in intensity from France in that first half, very few teams can live with France when they play like that.

Both teams will see that as an opportunity on the weekend to get to the final for the first time in a while, but France will have the belief they can win it.

Whereas Wales do not yet possess that belief that they can beat a Tri Nation team.

That is some serious speculation but you have explained your point.

Bar the crux of your argument as to why you believe Wales (a) can't beat southern hemisphere teams ? or (b) why after having played and won every game they have played of "knock out" rugby you think they can't go one game further?

You just posted a thread that stated Wales longest winning streak was ten games. Even if you apply your historically based theories over present day facts that still shows Wales could well have enough in the tank to not only win the RWC but beat the Aussies in Cardiff in November to...

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:29 am

Entirely wrong bb .

The mental gear thing is a load of bunkum, they are youngsters thriving under the pressure and while you are right about the knockout stuff in my view it is that pressure that they are enjoying.

What is your evidence for Wales not having belief? Its a bold assertion. of course this is their biggest test. Will their nerve hold? Any assessment is really pure speculation but i have seen nothing but confidence
I think Wales have huge belief that they can beat anyone right now, on their day of course! But perhaps this saturday will be their day.

Key for me is the first 10 v Ireland. we normally come out and appear lacking in focus, as we did v SA, and ship a score or two. Against Ireland we were surgical in a way i have never seen before.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:33 am

Why do I beleive wales don't have the belief to beat a SH nation, I read that from welsh supporters on a number of threads, in fact I will go find the last one I read. and then copy it to here.

I am not saying they can't win on the weekend, I am saying I believe France will have enough to win.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:33 am

Gatts wrote:Entirely wrong bb .

The mental gear thing is a load of bunkum, they are youngsters thriving under the pressure and while you are right about the knockout stuff in my view it is that pressure that they are enjoying.

What is your evidence for Wales not having belief? Its a bold assertion. of course this is their biggest test. Will their nerve hold? Any assessment is really pure speculation but i have seen nothing but confidence
I think Wales have huge belief that they can beat anyone right now, on their day of course! But perhaps this saturday will be their day.

Key for me is the first 10 v Ireland. we normally come out and appear lacking in focus, as we did v SA, and ship a score or two. Against Ireland we were surgical in a way i have never seen before.

I agree as I'm sure you read above

Wales have thrived in this environment, they have improved where they needed to they have learned from defeats, they have been rightfully self critical of their mistakes and have made amends.

Wales are a better team ever game so far. There is nothing other than the other teams they face trying to stop them. Certainly not some mental barrier...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

Re: Do you believe that Wales can beat anyone on their day..?
by mystiroakey Yesterday at 9:38 pm

.i dont believe this old adage about what french team will turn up.

i think wales can beat all NH teams on there day including france on there day(at present) but not NZ or perhaps SA or AUS.
mystiroakey

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

Against Ireland I thought we went up and down gears as needed.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

biltongbek wrote: Re: Do you believe that Wales can beat anyone on their day..?

i think wales can beat all NH teams on there day including france on there day(at present) but not NZ or perhaps SA or AUS.
mystiroakey

Bill what has that copy and paste got to do with this thread?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

What is your evidence for Wales not having belief? Its a bold assertion. of course this is their biggest test. Will their nerve hold? Any assessment is really pure speculation but i have seen nothing but confidenceI think Wales have huge belief that they can beat anyone right now, on their day of course! But perhaps this saturday will be their day.

Gatts, my friend you are contradicting yourself.

You can't challenge my statement and then counter it with an opposite statement of belief and then disprove mine on that basis.

If you believe wales has the mental attitude nothing wrong with that, I am questioning whether after taxing themselves for 4 matches, whether they will be able to lift it another gear, as I believe france will.

On pure ability France has proven in the six Nations and against SH opposition apart from Oz in the last few years that they have more ability than Wales as well.

It is just my opinion, I could be wrong or you could be wrong, we are just putting across our opinions.

The same as my opinion was that france would beat england, and most disagreed then as well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

maestegmafia wrote:

mystiroakey

Yeah me curious too...

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

maestegmafia wrote:

mystiroakey

Both you and Gatts asked for prrof about why I believe Wales doesn't have the belief they can beat the SH teams, and this is where I saw other posters said wales might not have the belief.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

biltongbek wrote:

What is your evidence for Wales not having belief? Its a bold assertion. of course this is their biggest test. Will their nerve hold? Any assessment is really pure speculation but i have seen nothing but confidenceI think Wales have huge belief that they can beat anyone right now, on their day of course! But perhaps this saturday will be their day.

Gatts, my friend you are contradicting yourself.

You can't challenge my statement and then counter it with an opposite statement of belief and then disprove mine on that basis.

If you believe wales has the mental attitude nothing wrong with that, I am questioning whether after taxing themselves for 4 matches, whether they will be able to lift it another gear, as I believe france will.

On pure ability France has proven in the six Nations and against SH opposition apart from Oz in the last few years that they have more ability than Wales as well.

It is just my opinion, I could be wrong or you could be wrong, we are just putting across our opinions.

The same as my opinion was that france would beat england, and most disagreed then as well.

damn it knew you would spot that, of course i am and how very ungentlemanly of you to point it out....well, what's your evidence, lets be having ya!! I have no evidence myself of course except that colin meads thinks we will go to the final and that is good enough for me and my cat

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:51 am

biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

mystiroakey

Both you and Gatts asked for prrof about why I believe Wales doesn't have the belief they can beat the SH teams, and this is where I saw other posters said wales might not have the belief.

yeah but mate that is belief not fact.

Anyway i hear, of course we will have to agree to differ. I am surprised, thought you would back us.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

Hmmm escept France are not a tri nations side they are an Northern side we know we can beat.

If you have been playing and maintaining a higher level of intensity then I would suggest that is better than having no intensity throughout a tournament and relying on turning it on at a given point. As yet France have not played with the level of intensity that Wales have.

France were not great in victory against England and as for self belief, Wales have a history of going on a roll in tournaments and the belief builds, both times this has happened in the last 6 years the French have failed to beat Wales.

This whole self belief thing is just like Irelands "experience", Its not based on the rugby being played by the two teams involved. honestly biltong didnt you say the same thing vs Ireland? what was it against Samoa you thought would make us lose that one?

If Wales maintain their intensity they will win comfortably. The French are strong in teh line and use driving mauls a lot but the Welsh know exactly how to defend against that. Whislt the Welsh lineout is looking safer.

The scrum is about even. Wales should again dominate the breakdown despite Harinordiquays carrying ability. However a lot depends on Rollands reffing of that area and that was strange vs Samoa so Wales will have to adapt to that.

Wales kicking game was used to excellent effect against the Irish and has been good all tournament. Frances kicking from hand has been woeful even in the first half against England kicks went astray or failed to find touch or were sliced.

Wales defence has been much meaner than France all tournament conceding only 5 tries whilst the French have let in 11.

Wales' offence have been second only to the All blacks this tournament scoring 202 points and 26 tries. Frances offence have managed 143 and only 15 tries.

Come up with rugby reasons why we might lose and fair enough but to say wales dont have the self belief to beat a southern hemisphere side so they wont beat France is rubbish.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

mystiroakey

So you take your proof from a bitter England fan that like yourself can't see why Wales are where they are in this rugby world cup for hard work and clever rugby...?

I would re evaluate your sources bill, you are falling in my estimation as a worthy pundit very rapidly here

If you base your theories of the order of world rugby as above then you should read Nottins, safeasmilk (Cyril) or HERSH's posts, you'll find some real gems there.

Are those posters informed valid or even vaguely interesting? In my opinion no...!

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15270308.stm

Priestland out?

The Welsh mantra that they can beat anyone on their day is true enough (especially NH sides).

But equally the reverse is true.

As is the truism that it does matter which French team turns up. Although to expect them to turn up twice on the trot is pushing it a bit...
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:56 am

I think Biltong is an ABW candidate? Shocked

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

mystiroakey

So you take your proof from a bitter England fan that like yourself can't see why Wales are where they are in this rugby world cup for hard work and clever rugby...?

I would re evaluate your sources bill, you are falling in my estimation as a worthy pundit very rapidly here

If you base your theories of the order of world rugby as above then you should read Nottins, safeasmilk (Cyril) or HERSH's posts, you'll find some real gems there.

Are those posters informed valid or even vaguely interesting? In my opinion no...!

i would have to agree biltong

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Portnoy wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15270308.stm

Priestland out?

The Welsh mantra that they can beat anyone on their day is true enough (especially NH sides).

But equally the reverse is true.

As is the truism that it does matter which French team turns up. Although to expect them to turn up twice on the trot is pushing it a bit...

Correction...

He is not out

He is just likely to be out, read the post, it's a catchy headline.

They might as well have written Priestland out, Gav in...! For full value.

It's the same basic article that has been on BBC since the Sunday after the match.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

Gatts, on the NewZealand herlad, many believe believe Wales will make the final.

Those same Pundits believed France is a spent force.

Those same pundits believed Oz is going to run us ragged.

It is merely their opinion.

Again most are writing off France, not saying you are.

I am going to let you in on a secret. although I love my team, I had a bad feeling about our match vs OZ, the reason why is our last two matches against them before the quarter final we lost for simple stupid reasons.

The one we were leading and in the last minute we had possession, did the pick and drive and in the last few seconds were deemed to go off our feet, australia gets a 50 meter penalty and they win.

The test in durban this year, we attack and attack and attack, but knock ons, mistakes and the like see us not score one try.

What happened in the quarter, exactly those same mistakes and stupid penalties cost us the match.

I had that same feeling about France vs England and it turned out to be correct.

I have this feeling about France now and who knows, maybe I am a psychic wiithout knowing it.

To show you I am telling the truth, I predicted on Sport guru, OZ and FRance to win their quarter finals.

And the truth is it wasn't very pleasant knowing before hand what would happen to SA.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:04 am

biltongbek wrote:Gatts, on the NewZealand herlad, many believe believe Wales will make the final.

I am going to let you in on a secret. although I love my team, I had a bad feeling about our match vs OZ, the reason why is our last two matches against them before the quarter final we lost for simple stupid reasons.

The one we were leading and in the last minute we had possession, did the pick and drive and in the last few seconds were deemed to go off our feet, australia gets a 50 meter penalty and they win.

The test in durban this year, we attack and attack and attack, but knock ons, mistakes and the like see us not score one try.

What happened in the quarter, exactly those same mistakes and stupid penalties cost us the match.

I had that same feeling about France vs England and it turned out to be correct.

I have this feeling about France now and who knows, maybe I am a psychic wiithout knowing it.

To show you I am telling the truth, I predicted on Sport guru, OZ and FRance to win their quarter finals.

And the truth is it wasn't very pleasant knowing before hand what would happen to SA.

Tell you what, save us all the trouble of wasting our time on this interminable board and tell us who the feck wins the final will you?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

But you also said Ireland would beat Wales

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadfred Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Let's look at France in the WC. They were outplayed by NZ for all bar the first 10 minutes. They laboured against Japan. They lost to Tonga. Then they beat a very poor England team who for some crazy reason decide not to play a ball carrier at 12 to run at Para?? They also managed to loose the 2nd half to England and looked quite tired towards the end.

If we look at Wales. Wales outplayed SA in the opening game and should have won. They then had a massive do or die game against a very good Samoan team and did what they had to do to win. Then they put two teams to the sword playing good attacking rugby. Then they beat a very good Ireland team who hardly made any mistakes (apart from not taking their pens??) and were extremely physical. In all those games wales finished the stronger and fitter looking side.

There is only one winner of this game if you look at the recent results and form of the two teams.

Roberts and North to destroy the experiment of Para playing 10 at the weekend IMO

deadfred

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Cymroglan wrote:But you also said Ireland would beat Wales

did he? Biltong did you? et tu brutus?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Gatts wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

mystiroakey

i would have to agree biltong

Maesteg, firstly I didn't know he was English, and how would I know he is a bitter english fan?

At no point did I ever doubt that wales worked hard and aren't playing clever rugby.

Perhaps you should go read some of my other posts, in particular Wonderous Wales where I gave them all the accolades they deserved.

I didn't form my opinion about wales mental state on one persons thoughts either. It is my opinion.

If you do not wnat opinions that are contradictory to yours, then perhaps you should say so in your original post. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:08 am

Nice post Bill.

Can you change your name to zelda or mystic meg?

Sorry but your psychic abilities are not something I value as guideline to form.

France beating England and SA loosing to the issues was predictable, and certainly does nothing to justify your sound belief that Wales have no chance against the French this weekend mate.

I watch the matches and form my own opinions. I don't believe in the impact of history at world cups, or reputation going into matches. I believe that if one team is playing very very well and the other team is flawed, the good team will win unless a miracle happens.

Wales will not underestimate the french.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

Gatts wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:But you also said Ireland would beat Wales

did he? Biltong did you? et tu brutus?

As far as Wales and Ireland were concerned I went with the following reasons as I had no particular feeling either way.

I took the fact that Ireland beat Australia and Wales didn't beat SA.
I took the fact that Ireland had a superior record over Wales for the past 10 or so test matches.

And the betting odds gave Ireland a slight advantage.

So that is how I predicted Ireland would win.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

biltongbek wrote:Gatts, on the NewZealand herlad, many believe believe Wales will make the final.

Headscratch so nothing to do with rugby then just a "feelin" ghost

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

maestegmafia wrote:Nice post Bill.

Can you change your name to zelda or mystic meg?

Sorry but your psychic abilities are not something I value as guideline to form.

France beating England and SA loosing to the issues was predictable, and certainly does nothing to justify your sound belief that Wales have no chance against the French this weekend mate.

I watch the matches and form my own opinions. I don't believe in the impact of history at world cups, or reputation going into matches. I believe that if one team is playing very very well and the other team is flawed, the good team will win unless a miracle happens.

Wales will not underestimate the french.

I never said Wales can't beat France, I said I believe france will have enough to win.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

it is true that Wales will go into this game with confindence that they can easily dispatch France by just playing the rugby they have been playing so far.

now the first 10-20 minutes will be critical for both teams.

with all the self-belief and quality that Wales have in hand, will they cope if they are chasing the score in knock-out rugby game? this is where experience comes in and you will realise that a few of the french players were around in 2007...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

Flipping heck biltong?! Chill fella? Hug Its all just opinions and none of them are worth toffee. But i just don't get the mental argument...most welsh fans will tell you they are showing a vein of mental strength that hasn't been evident since 2005 even though we had another slam in 2008! Wales 'anyone on their day' moniker is founded in the fact that we could almost always win a game, we normally win the 2nd half, we almost always lose it in the first 1/3rd and on our day we have traditonally thrown away numerous chances of taking a scalp or two. Fact is we have been playing with a mental assurance and surgical precision that is clear for all to see. but you don't which is fine.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:12 am

deadfred wrote:Roberts and North to destroy the experiment of Para playing 10 at the weekend IMO

Yes, we need to get Roberts running at Parra, but we also need to be smart, realise that France will probably be committing at least one back row forward to stopping Roberts there, and use Roberts as a decoy more often.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

Gatts wrote:Flipping heck biltong?! Chill fella? Hug Its all just opinions and none of them are worth toffee. But i just don't get the mental argument...most welsh fans will tell you they are showing a vein of mental strength that hasn't been evident since 2005 even though we had another slam in 2008! Wales 'anyone on their day' moniker is founded in the fact that we could almost always win a game, we normally win the 2nd half, we almost always lose it in the first 1/3rd and on our day we have traditonally thrown away numerous chances of taking a scalp or two. Fact is we have been playing with a mental assurance and surgical precision that is clear for all to see. but you don't which is fine.

Gatts it is not just mental edge. france have shown to be the best NH nation for quite some time, they are not invincible, but on paper they are a good team, surely you can't dispute that.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:16 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
deadfred wrote:Roberts and North to destroy the experiment of Para playing 10 at the weekend IMO

Yes, we need to get Roberts running at Parra, but we also need to be smart, realise that France will probably be committing at least one back row forward to stopping Roberts there, and use Roberts as a decoy more often.

aye, roberts on the loop back to 10 and wide quick! i want us to attack the 13 channel from the back 3 and run that big old french tight five back and forth across the pitch

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:18 am

biltongbek wrote:
Gatts wrote:Flipping heck biltong?! Chill fella? Hug Its all just opinions and none of them are worth toffee. But i just don't get the mental argument...most welsh fans will tell you they are showing a vein of mental strength that hasn't been evident since 2005 even though we had another slam in 2008! Wales 'anyone on their day' moniker is founded in the fact that we could almost always win a game, we normally win the 2nd half, we almost always lose it in the first 1/3rd and on our day we have traditonally thrown away numerous chances of taking a scalp or two. Fact is we have been playing with a mental assurance and surgical precision that is clear for all to see. but you don't which is fine.

Gatts it is not just mental edge. france have shown to be the best NH nation for quite some time, they are not invincible, but on paper they are a good team, surely you can't dispute that.

apart form 2 Grand Slams in 6 years yes i suppose france England and ireland have dominated 6NS. Doesn't inform this debate though. well if you are psychic it doesn;t matter does it.anyway, I think you are ignoring form and while i respect your opinion I think you are wrong about both France and Wales. Can you tell me though...do we score any tries? Very Happy

Last edited by Gatts on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:18 am

biltongbek wrote:Perhaps you should go read some of my other posts, in particular Wonderous Wales where I gave them all the accolades they deserved.

I didn't form my opinion about wales mental state on one persons thoughts either. It is my opinion.

If you do not wnat opinions that are contradictory to yours, then perhaps you should say so in your original post. thumbsup

I have read many of your posts, I have no problem with your opinion, if you can back it up, but you so far haven't other than that bizarre hocus locus thread about your mystic predictions.

A reasoning, some logic behind your decision that Wales can't go any further is all I asked.

I asked because having read many of your posts during and prior to this world cup it became apparent that you are one of these people who believes the world order of rugby in the professional era can not change. You expect the Tri nations to be top three in the rankings with France and England behind them.

Which is absolute bull...!!!

Teams like Wales are working very very hard, at club, youth and regional level to do all the right things. And this is apparently having it's reward.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

The game remains a 50/50 the rest that you lot are spouting out is emotional drivel fuelled by i) emotional pain after defeat and ii) some balanced opinion driven by delusions of grandeur with regard to this efficient welsh team. This game is similar to SA v Aus in that popular opinion suggested SA - Now popular and informed opinion suggests Wales but like SA it guarantees you nothing thumbsup

Fxck I'm good - Next please thumbsup

Last edited by RubyGuby on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

You beleive your team is going to win, I believe France is going to win.

what's the problem?

France has been superior to Wales for the past decade. You can't dipute that.

Both teams have quality players.
Both have made the semi final.

If I didn't diagree with you on this thread, there would be nothing to discuss because everyone else would have agreed with one another.

At least I provide you some debate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

I'm quietly confident.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:28 am

whatever 'biltong'....is it psychic powers or stats or 6Ns form that your opinion is based on? Jesu man you're losing it. Where is Bryce when you need him!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

Maybe a bit of everything mate. chin
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:30 am

Gatts wrote:whatever 'biltong'....is it psychic powers or stats or 6Ns form that your opinion is based on?

It seems clear enough that it's based on France's recent record against Wales, the fact that they've got to the semi finals and the fact that they have a damn good squad of players.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:31 am

Why doesn't someone just ask Bilton who he wants to win thumbsup

This isn't rocket science lads

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next