The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

+75
Goosestepper
lostinwales
Tenez
Breadvan
Hookisms and Hyperbole
John Cregan
BlueNote
welshy824
offload
Dave.
mpc28
Pot Hale
robbo277
Notch
Taffineastbourne
EnglishReign
faraway
Standulstermen
walesworldcup
wales606
dublin_dave
fa0019
BATH_BTGOG
Don Alfonso
valjester
R!skysports
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
trebellbobaggins
nathan
dubh_linn
Davie
LuvSports!
Thomond
Cowshot
Mad for Chelsea
RDW
21st Century Schizoid Man
Taylorman
rodders
eirebilly
PJHolybloke
manofgwent
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
wonder_man
Oxford Welsh
lauriehow
GunsGerms
gavstar
Knowsit17
Smirnoffpriest
TheGreyGhost
Rory_Gallagher
mckay1402
Ozzy3213
Astonal
ystradosprey
HERSH
Higher_Ground
Shifty
brennomac
The Gramlin
bedfordwelsh
JDandfries
RubyGuby
Luckless Pedestrian
whocares
deadfred
Portnoy
TycroesOsprey
Cymroglan
Gatts
Biltong
Adam D
maestegmafia
79 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who will win Wales or France?

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 32 ]
Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 52

Poll closed

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Empty Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Well played France a deserved winner... great effort by Wales but silly mistakes cost us a better result...

Good luck to Australia and New Zealand tomorrow

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:56 am; edited 7 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Empty Re: Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

RubyGuby wrote:The game remains a 50/50 the rest that you lot are spouting out is emotional drivel fuelled by i) emotional pain after defeat and ii) some balanced opinion driven by delusions of grandeur with regard to this efficient welsh team. This game is similar to SA v Aus in that popular opinion suggested SA - Now popular and informed opinion suggests Wales but like SA it guarantees you nothing thumbsup

Fxck I'm good - Next please thumbsup

Delusions of grandeur....pourquoi? Why are Welsh fans not allowed to be optimistic ffs?

Ruby, are you an English fan perchance?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France  - Page 2 Empty Re: Post MATCH discussion THREAD - Wales vs France

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:33 am

biltongbek wrote:Maybe a bit of everything mate. chin

Listen whoever you are, give biltong back.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 am

RubyGuby wrote:Why doesn't someone just ask Bilton who he wants to win thumbsup

This isn't rocket science lads
already fecking did and he won't answer. ba%^&*D

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 am

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Perhaps you should go read some of my other posts, in particular Wonderous Wales where I gave them all the accolades they deserved.

I didn't form my opinion about wales mental state on one persons thoughts either. It is my opinion.

If you do not wnat opinions that are contradictory to yours, then perhaps you should say so in your original post. thumbsup

I have read many of your posts, I have no problem with your opinion, if you can back it up, but you so far haven't other than that bizarre hocus locus thread about your mystic predictions.

A reasoning, some logic behind your decision that Wales can't go any further is all I asked.

I asked because having read many of your posts during and prior to this world cup it became apparent that you are one of these people who believes the world order of rugby in the professional era can not change. You expect the Tri nations to be top three in the rankings with France and England behind them.

Which is absolute bull...!!!
Teams like Wales are working very very hard, at club, youth and regional level to do all the right things. And this is apparently having it's reward.

Maesteg why are you getting so upset?

I expect nothing from the rankings, it hasn't come into any reasoning of mine.

What other reasoning would you like.

If I say France has a superior record to Wales in the pro era- you would say history doesn't matter.
If I question whether Wales will have the mental edge in this match - you dispute it.
If I say I have a feeling France will win - You say I said Wales can't win.
If I say I have a feeling - You don't like it.

Perhaps this will go no where.

Oh, and about the world order, perhaps your team can change the world order, then there is at least proof of that happening. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:39 am

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Perhaps you should go read some of my other posts, in particular Wonderous Wales where I gave them all the accolades they deserved.

I didn't form my opinion about wales mental state on one persons thoughts either. It is my opinion.

If you do not wnat opinions that are contradictory to yours, then perhaps you should say so in your original post. thumbsup

I have read many of your posts, I have no problem with your opinion, if you can back it up, but you so far haven't other than that bizarre hocus locus thread about your mystic predictions.

A reasoning, some logic behind your decision that Wales can't go any further is all I asked.

I asked because having read many of your posts during and prior to this world cup it became apparent that you are one of these people who believes the world order of rugby in the professional era can not change. You expect the Tri nations to be top three in the rankings with France and England behind them.

Which is absolute bull...!!!
Teams like Wales are working very very hard, at club, youth and regional level to do all the right things. And this is apparently having it's reward.

Maesteg why are you getting so upset?

I expect nothing from the rankings, it hasn't come into any reasoning of mine.

What other resoning would you like.

If I say France has a superior record to Wales in the pro era- you would say histroy doesn't matter.
If I question whether Wales will have the mental edge in this match - you dispute it.
If I say I have a feeling France will win - You say I said Wales can't win.
If I say I have a feeling - You don't like it.

Perhaps this will go no where.

Oh, and about the world order, perhaps your team can change the world order, then there is at least proof of that happening. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:39 am

Gatts wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Why doesn't someone just ask Bilton who he wants to win thumbsup

This isn't rocket science lads
already fecking did and he won't answer. ba%^&*D

I want New Zealand to win the final, i don't think it will matter who they play against.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:42 am

But surely the french will beat them? drumroll

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:43 am

Gatts wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:The game remains a 50/50 the rest that you lot are spouting out is emotional drivel fuelled by i) emotional pain after defeat and ii) some balanced opinion driven by delusions of grandeur with regard to this efficient welsh team. This game is similar to SA v Aus in that popular opinion suggested SA - Now popular and informed opinion suggests Wales but like SA it guarantees you nothing thumbsup

Delusions of grandeur....pourquoi? Why are Welsh fans not allowed to be optimistic ffs?

Gatts - this is a great welsh team in the making and I actually think we could go all the way here. Conversley we might lose to France which wouldn't be the disaster some think it might be. I guess I'm being a little more restrained with my euphoria here, as for "am I an English fan", I'll just take that as a compliment thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 am

Gatts - I also think Tonga play in red so we are gonna scare the Poopie out of them by just running on the field Yahoo Hug

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:45 am

I didn't say New Zealand will win, I said I want them to win.

If New Zealand wins it will make 2 RWC trophies for each of the SH Tri Nation teams.

If NZ doesn't win then i would prefer Wales or France to win it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:46 am

RubyGuby wrote:
Gatts wrote:

Gatts - this is a great welsh team in the making and I actually think we could go all the way here. Conversley we might lose to France which wouldn't be the disaster some think it might be. I guess I'm being a little more restrained with my euphoria here, as for "am I an English fan", I'll just take that as a compliment thumbsup

stop being so mature and circumspect and get on board, destination delusion! wales to win and then defend in 2015 after at least 2 slams in th emiddle

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:47 am

biltongbek wrote:You beleive your team is going to win, I believe France is going to win.

what's the problem?

France has been superior to Wales for the past decade. You can't dipute that.

Both teams have quality players.
Both have made the semi final.

If I didn't diagree with you on this thread, there would be nothing to discuss because everyone else would have agreed with one another.

At least I provide you some debate.

You said Wales don't have the belief to win this semi or the final because they don't believe they can beat southern hemisphere sides...!

biltongbek wrote:

Both you and Gatts asked for prrof about why I believe Wales doesn't have the belief they can beat the SH teams, and this is where I saw other posters said wales might not have the belief.

You claimed that your line of thought was because you had read other welsh posters stating that we are psyched out by the SH teams, you then quoted an Englishman one who always under values Wales, even after they have won.

Yes you believe one thing and I believe another but my beliefs I can back up, the world wide press agrees with, the pundits on all the sports shows agree with and most importantly that talented welsh team agree with.

I don't want to carry this on further unless you have something valid, factual and current you would like to add to the debate, but I would expect you to be a gentleman aft the out come of this game, not gloat if you are correct and be humble if you are wrong..?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:47 am

biltongbek wrote:I didn't say New Zealand will win, I said I want them to win.

If New Zealand wins it will make 2 RWC trophies for each of the SH Tri Nation teams.

surely you would want a SH team to win? Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:49 am

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:You beleive your team is going to win, I believe France is going to win.

what's the problem?

France has been superior to Wales for the past decade. You can't dipute that.

Both teams have quality players.
Both have made the semi final.

If I didn't diagree with you on this thread, there would be nothing to discuss because everyone else would have agreed with one another.

At least I provide you some debate.

You said Wales don't have the belief to win this semi or the final because they don't believe they can beat southern hemisphere sides...!

biltongbek wrote:

Both you and Gatts asked for prrof about why I believe Wales doesn't have the belief they can beat the SH teams, and this is where I saw other posters said wales might not have the belief.

You claimed that your line of thought was because you had read other welsh posters stating that we are psyched out by the SH teams, you then quoted an Englishman one who always under values Wales, even after they have won.

Yes you believe one thing and I believe another but my beliefs I can back up, the world wide press agrees with, the pundits on all the sports shows agree with and most importantly that talented welsh team agree with.

I don't want to carry this on further unless you have something valid, factual and current you would like to add to the debate, but I would expect you to be a gentleman aft the out come of this game, not gloat if you are correct and be humble if you are wrong..?

he should have to buy the drinks too Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

Gatts if you only knew how I was really feeling mate, if you only knew - I have to try to be restrained, I have to or I will fxxxing explode - I have lived in Saesland for 20 years and its like all my Xmas's have come at the same time - My mates are avoiding me like Bryce Lawrence avoids responsibility thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 am

Gatts wrote:

Amazing how psychic rugby fans only predict the future in hindsight...

Apologies bill, no disrespect but you left yourself wide open for a joke like that.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:53 am

thumbsup And the question to Bilton was actually who do you want to win out of France and Wales?, although I think we know the answer king

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:57 am

RubyGuby wrote:Gatts if you only knew how I was really feeling mate, if you only knew - I have to try to be restrained, I have to or I will fxxxing explode - I have lived in Saesland for 20 years and its like all my Xmas's have come at the same time - My mates are avoiding me like Bryce Lawrence avoids responsibility thumbsup

Ha ha ha...!

Very very funny especially the Bryce Lawrence bit, I read on a Gwlad thread that "Bryce Lawrence avoided responsibility like a juvenile parent, but that's rather harsh on my son who's doing a great job at 13 and a half"..!

The reaction of English friends is cringe worthy, I take massive pride in the fact that they are absolutely bamboozled as to how Wales are playing great rugby and deserve to be in a semis and that England were just plain awful and deserved to go home earlier than they were targeting.

It is amusing because the local english community and the mountain bikers etc who were in the pub last weekend received absolutely no barracking or "I told you so's" from any of the welsh lads. Just a sorrowful pat on the back.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 am

France will win, end of arguement!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 am

maestegmafia wrote:You said Wales don't have the belief to win this semi or the final because they don't believe they can beat southern hemisphere sides...!

I questioned whether Wales can lift mentally.
I didn't claim my belief of Wales mentality is because other posters believed it. Gatts asked for prrof and I showed another posters opinion.
The reason why I beleive Wales has a pshycological problem with SH teams are because of this. Wales haven't beaten NZ in 50+ years, Wales hasn't beaten SA in 12 years, Wales have only beaten OZ twice in the pro era. Or would you prefer if I said Wales are not good enough?
You back your belief up with the wolrd wide press? some confirmation that is.
The facts i have provided thus far you have ignored, what other facts would you like me to provide? One of those endlessly debated comparisons of team members?
I don't gloat, I never do, I challenge you to find me a post where i have ever gloated.
Just as I said before the match against Ireland that Wales would lose, I wrote an article about congratulating Wales on theri win and in the thread admitted that I thought they would lose, I don't have a problem ever admitting when I am wrong, do you?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 am

JDandfries wrote:France will win, end of arguement!

Ha ha...it must kill that element of english fans who whine about being disliked and got their butts kicked last week by the french that now they to back les bleus in order to satiate their anti welshness......do you intend to elaborate and offer any coherent and cogent theory why France will win or is your hit and run indicative of the impotence of your 'arguement (sic)'

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:05 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Gatts wrote:

Apologies bill, no disrespect but you left yourself wide open for a joke like that.

Maesteg, I jokingly referred to be a psychic, if you are taking that serious then you are further gone than I expected my friend.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 am

Hang on biltong...we are going for stats not psychics....your stats are right but France is very much in the NH and in your other post you offer statistical evidence that suggest we will beat france...je suis confused (tres!)

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:13 am

Gatts in my original post I said France has the belief they can win against a SH nation, for the purpose of motivation to win the semi.

Perhaps I weren't clear on why I brought the SH thing into it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 am

Cymroglan wrote:Wales - 4/5
France - 11/10

I'm not a betting man so if I put a tenner on France or Wales what would I win ?

If those odds are still available you would get the following:

Wales win at 4/5 - if you put on £10 - you multiply by 4 and then divide by 5 which gives you winnings of £8. You also get the money you staked back. So in other words, your returns would be your winnings plus your original bet (the stake) - £18

France win at 11/10 - if you put on £10 - you multiply by 11 and then divide by 10 which gives you winnings of £11. You also get the money you staked back. So in other words, your returns would be your winnings plus your original bet (the stake) - £21

If you bet through the links here (for new customers only) - you can also get a free bet for joining up - https://www.606v2.com/t15795-semi-final-betting-you-cant-lose

The free bet is of the same value of your initial deposit - ie if you bet £10 you would get a £10 free bet, if you bet £25 you would get a £25 free bet

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:18 am

biltongbek wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Gatts wrote:

Maesteg, I jokingly referred to be a psychic, if you are taking that serious then you are further gone than I expected my friend.
And I jokingly made fun of you...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:19 am

1 key thing i want to impress on you. these Weslh guys have no fear of anyone. Most of them are so young they weren't more than babies when RWC started. They aren't thinking about ifs and buts and the hoodoo around the NH/SH...if we have learned one thing from this rwc it is to expect the unexpected...look at how the minnows pushed the established sides, ireland beating Aus, Tonga, Argentina pushing NZ, Wales forcing the boks so clsoe. they play what is in front of them and what they have achieved so far gives them a mental strength based on success and self confidence, free of the outrageous fortunes they have been subjected to in the past.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 am

Anyway back to match discussion rather than metaphysics.

The big worry I have is how Allain Rolland refs the breakdown. The Samoa game was one where we struggled to impose ourselves against a team flooding the breakown. I know we lost Lydiate early on in that game but were going to have to be careful.

If priestland is out and I think they will do everything possible to get him fit then Hook and Wellies are not too bad as understudies but making sure Roberts and North can run at the 9-10-12 channel is key.

As long as our line speed and disciline on the blitz is good then I expect the French to wilt under pressure, start griping at each other and suffer even more.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 am

I'm pretty confident that come Saturday lunchtime that some of the following opinions will be posted:

The ref was at fault

Gatland is a genius

Gatland should be sacked

How do Wales prevent Gatland leaving?

The French players took control of the asylum

The whole RWC process should be reviewed

Wales should press its youth policy faster and further

Wales should be more conservative in its youth policy.

All with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight - unless they come in with quotes from previous posts.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:28 am

Gatts wrote:
JDandfries wrote:France will win, end of arguement!

Ha ha...it must kill that element of english fans who whine about being disliked and got their butts kicked last week by the french that now they to back les bleus in order to satiate their anti welshness......do you intend to elaborate and offer any coherent and cogent theory why France will win or is your hit and run indicative of the impotence of your 'arguement (sic)'

Well, to start with, I am Scottish, so it would be appreciated if you could take back your wild assumption (the one about me being and England Fan) as a start off.

I thought since you were basing your 'opinion' that Wales would win, on the worlds press and the bookies, then no reasoning was needed.

However just to humour you for a second.

IN MY OPINION (sorry if that isnt allowed) France have better players, they have history (the last 15 years anyway) on their side and they beat you comprehensively last time out. I also feel the enormity of the situation may get the better, of what is in truth, a very young Welsh team - and add to that, the fact France always play well once, and they havent yet, I feel the end result could be as comprehensive as it was in March!

My opinion though !!

PS - you will also note that I picked France to win the RWC from the start.

Now.... have you come up with a better reason than the press??

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:33 am

have you come up with a better reason than the press??

Yeah - How about Tonga Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:34 am

I have no doubt that the welsh team will not let us down.

They are a great bunch of lads, the young guys want this to prove themselves the old guys want to prove everyone wrong that doubted their abilities.

The French may pull themselves together, they didn't have to play well to beat England, they will have to play very well to beat Wales. France have some great players, many of whom are in their last world cup too.

Wales appear favourites for this game, due to France's inconsistencies more than their reputation. I believe this welsh team can deal with that pressure.

I still adamantly believe that Wales not only have to win, but they have to win very well.

They should be aiming to nil France. To not give away the soft tries by making momentary lapses in our defence, like we did against Ireland, Namibia and SA.

We need to concentrate on scoring a handful of tries to.

If we put more tries on France than the ABs did it would scare the bejeeebas out of whoever we might meet in the final.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:34 am

RubyGuby wrote:have you come up with a better reason than the press??

Yeah - How about Tonga Yahoo

and vice versa, how about England??? didnt they beat wales a few weeks ago?? kiss

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:35 am

No they lost 19-9 - Next thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:35 am

maestegmafia wrote:I have no doubt that the welsh team will not let us down.

They are a great bunch of lads, the young guys want this to prove themselves the old guys want to prove everyone wrong that doubted their abilities.

The French may pull themselves together, they didn't have to play well to beat England, they will have to play very well to beat Wales. France have some great players, many of whom are in their last world cup too.

Wales appear favourites for this game, due to France's inconsistencies more than their reputation. I believe this welsh team can deal with that pressure.

I still adamantly believe that Wales not only have to win, but they have to win very well.

They should be aiming to nil France. To not give away the soft tries by making momentary lapses in our defence, like we did against Ireland, Namibia and SA.

We need to concentrate on scoring a handful of tries to.

If we put more tries on France than the ABs did it would scare the bejeeebas out of whoever we might meet in the final.

Well, I'll give you one thing, at least you aren't unrealistic!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 am

have you come up with a better reason than the press??

Since the start of the tournament we have better stats in

Games won
points scored,
points conceded,
tries scored,
tries conceded
turnovers made,
penalties conceded,
Tackle completion,
clean breaks,

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:39 am

Little article with vincent clerk in the telegraph...

France are favourites, third semi final in three world cups, players are turning it all around...!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/france/8821780/Rugby-World-Cup-2011-we-love-playing-against-Wales-says-France-wing-Vincent-Clerc-ahead-of-semi-final.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 am

RubyGuby wrote:No they lost 19-9 - Next thumbsup

Are you sure about that??

Doh

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 am

TycroesOsprey wrote:have you come up with a better reason than the press??

Since the start of the tournament we have better stats in

Games won
points scored,
points conceded,
tries scored,
tries conceded
turnovers made,
penalties conceded,
Tackle completion,
clean breaks,

Did we forget to mention those above ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am

JD are you on the Orkneys or something of course I'm blxxdy sure. We let England have 90% posession to sharpen their try scoring skills but they seemed to struggle so we just put them to sleep after that.

We also mullered Argentina as well. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:52 am

NZ. 273 points 38 tries
  Wales 202 points 26 tries
  Australia 184 points 26 tries
  S A. 175 points 21 tries
  England 149 points 20 tries
  Ireland 145 points 16 tries
  France 143 points 15 tries

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:04 am

I am though surprised in the amount of people on this thread who don't think Wales can progress from the quarters.

The previous POLL suggested Wales were likely losing finalists to the ABs.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:06 am

Maesteg, thinking Wales won't progress from the semi final (I presume you meant the semi final) and thinking they can't are two different things.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:14 am

For those that didn't know, I am thinking, that just maybe, but not too likely if everything goes their way, and wales has a really, really bad day, France could just perhaps sneak this by the smallest of margins.

I have no facts, feelings r opinions about this.

This to be correct at the time of going to print. This is not necessarily the view or opinion of the staff of 606v2.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:25 am

This is worth sharing:

'For a team which is said to be inconsistent, it will be France's fifth successive appearance in the semi-finals, a record New Zealand and Australia cannot match, never mind South Africa and England. Only once, in 1991, have they failed to make the last four. They have played Australia once in the knockout stage and New Zealand twice, winning each time.'

(from Paul Rees's article in today's Guardian.)

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am

biltongbek wrote:For those that didn't know, I am thinking, that just maybe, but not too likely if everything goes their way, and wales has a really, really bad day, France could just perhaps sneak this by the smallest of margins.

I have no facts, feelings r opinions about this.

This to be correct at the time of going to print. This is not necessarily the view or opinion of the staff of 606v2.

So what you're saying is it'll be close but France might win, something like 11-9 to France thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 am

No not by that much, 10-9
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:38 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:This is worth sharing:

'For a team which is said to be inconsistent, it will be France's fifth successive appearance in the semi-finals, a record New Zealand and Australia cannot match, never mind South Africa and England. Only once, in 1991, have they failed to make the last four. They have played Australia once in the knockout stage and New Zealand twice, winning each time.'

(from Paul Rees's article in today's Guardian.)

This backs up Shaun Edwarads' comments on the Beeb about France not being inconsistant. They have a brilliant WC record as you've highlighted and they are consitstently in the top 2 or 3 of the 6N's. They may not always perform brilliantly, but when it matters, they've gotten the result. This is by far the toughest task this Welsh side has faced, but I think if they stick to their game plan they can do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:40 am

RubyGuby wrote:JD are you on the Orkneys or something of course I'm blxxdy sure. We let England have 90% posession to sharpen their try scoring skills but they seemed to struggle so we just put them to sleep after that.

We also mullered Argentina as well. thumbsup

You are really sure?

August 2011 - England 23 - 19 Wales? Or does that not count for some reason?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

It doeszn't count because its not the last time we played them - The last time we played them we won 19-9!!! Have you had a bang on the head or are the deep fried mars bars getting to you - Munn!!!!! furious thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next