The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International backline with the most goal kickers?

+8
D24tress
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Rollmeister
OzT
Comfort
formerly known as Sam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
walesworldcup
12 posters

Go down

International backline with the most goal kickers? Empty International backline with the most goal kickers?

Post by walesworldcup Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:37 am

Possible Wales one?

10. Stephen Jones (Mr Reliable, but not got the distance)
11. Shane Williams (took a lot of goal kicks for Neath people may have forgotten this)
12. James Hook (seems to kick his best in pressure matches, England 2008 perfect example)
13. Gavin Henson (monster boot very accurate)
14. Leigh Halfpenny (monster boot)
15. Rhys Priestland

Even Lee Byrne can goal kick. Wales have many options!

walesworldcup

Back to top Go down

International backline with the most goal kickers? Empty Re: International backline with the most goal kickers?

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

NZ could (subject to fitness, and using Carter or Slade at 12) have fielded a backline including Weepu, Carter, Slade, Jane and Dagg who're all useful enough kickers.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

International backline with the most goal kickers? Empty Re: International backline with the most goal kickers?

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

I think most sides could do it if, like the OP, you pick players out of position or bring in players that shouldn't be in the side etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

England could field;

9.Wigglesworth (kicked for Sarries and Sale on occasions)
10.Wilkinson
12.Flood
13.Twelvetrees (half way line is no issue for him)
14.D Armitage (has previously taken kicks for England)
15.Homer (future interntional and kicks for LI)

Struggling for the last winger berth, could put Twelvetrees there and Owen Farrell in at centre I suppose. To make a more useable backline Youngs kicked against SA in a friendly a couple of years ago and Flood at ten and Farrell at 12 would maybe flow better but in terms of kicking ability that isn't bad.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:12 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:I think most sides could do it if, like the OP, you pick players out of position or bring in players that shouldn't be in the side etc.

laughing

That made me chuckle, Im with SAM though, I thought you meant most kickers on the basis of what were the recognised current first choice international backlines.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

Comfort wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I think most sides could do it if, like the OP, you pick players out of position or bring in players that shouldn't be in the side etc.

laughing

That made me chuckle, Im with SAM though, I thought you meant most kickers on the basis of what were the recognised current first choice international backlines.
It was the sight of good old Gav in there that made me wonder Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

Cept the Wallabies, struggle to find ONE reliable kicker from any position!!!!

I know, we had O'C and Beale did the odd monster pressure kick for us, but a reliable kicker? Nope.

So any sides got a spare one to lend us??

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

You can have Tangoman. May need to wait for some of his reality tv contracts first though Whistle
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

9 Barnes
10 Cooper
12 Giteau
14 JOC
15 Beale

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

Ireland could have

9.TOL
10. rog
12. sexton
13. darcy
15.kearney

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:30 am

Surely France and Australia could do it?
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

D24tress wrote:Ireland could have

9.TOL
10. rog
12. sexton
13. darcy
15.kearney

Surely you mean McFadden at 13

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Comfort wrote:

laughing

It was the sight of good old Gav in there that made me wonder Very Happy

Gotta give it to the gavmeister, he may be an absolutle tart, but.....

....well no, he actually is just a trifle these days.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:38 am

McFadden on the wing and Wallace at 13

9: Yachvilli
10: O'Gara
11: Bergamasco
12: Wilkinson
13: O'Connor
14: Halfpenny
15: Paterson

That's a full backline of first choice kickers (kind of: Halfpenny is debatable but he takes them from distance, and JOC isn't usually aat 13 but has been before)

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:14 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:McFadden on the wing and Wallace at 13

9: Yachvilli
10: O'Gara
11: Bergamasco
12: Wilkinson
13: O'Connor
14: Halfpenny
15: Paterson

That's a full backline of first choice kickers (kind of: Halfpenny is debatable but he takes them from distance, and JOC isn't usually aat 13 but has been before)

But if you want accurate kickers id drop Wilkinson for Flood Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:21 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:England could field;

9.Wigglesworth (kicked for Sarries and Sale on occasions)
10.Wilkinson
12.Flood
13.Twelvetrees (half way line is no issue for him)
14.D Armitage (has previously taken kicks for England)
15.Homer (future interntional and kicks for LI)

Struggling for the last winger berth, could put Twelvetrees there and Owen Farrell in at centre I suppose. To make a more useable backline Youngs kicked against SA in a friendly a couple of years ago and Flood at ten and Farrell at 12 would maybe flow better but in terms of kicking ability that isn't bad.

Homer's played a lot on the wing when Armitage is there so you could stick Goode in (Alex)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down