The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Wales win the RWC...

+28
slartibartfast
Notch
Taffineastbourne
Gatts
Knowsit17
Messymesina
Looseheaded
Shifty
Smirnoffpriest
maestegmafia
Ozzy3213
Metal Tiger
TheGreyGhost
R!skysports
The Gramlin
Cymroglan
Bitter Beer
tomhughesnice
Luckless Pedestrian
nathan
andy powells minder
FerN
mystiroakey
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
mckay1402
HERSH
sirBiggles
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Wales win the RWC should they get the same honour as the England 2003 team

If Wales win the RWC... - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%If Wales win the RWC... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 39 ]
If Wales win the RWC... - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%If Wales win the RWC... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 55

If Wales win the RWC... - Page 2 Empty If Wales win the RWC...

Post by sirBiggles Thu 13 Oct - 12:12

First topic message reminder :

...and that is IF.

Do you think a precedent has now been set, and they should all get honours like the 2003 English side did.

If they dont, surely there is discrimination of sorts...

So if they win it is a minimum of MBEs for the Team, OBE for Sam Our Captain, and OBE for whoever kicks the winning drop goal (assuming it is won that way).

Not forgetting of course a Knighthood for Warren Gatland, who as a New Zealander, and part of the commonwealth can accept it....

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

If Wales win the RWC... - Page 2 Empty Re: If Wales win the RWC...

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 13 Oct - 16:06

Hersh just made me think of something - can you imagine If we had Henson in our team and we won the WC? We'd never hear the end of it - scores of young boys would be inspired to dye their skin orange and he would be raised to God like status in Wales, where we'd believe he could stop crop failure just by p***ing on the fields or make a barren woman pregnant by a mere splash of his branded aftershave on her stomach!

It would be awful!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Thu 13 Oct - 16:07

Jonny Wilkinson syndrome you mean?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Thu 13 Oct - 16:12

TheGreyGhost wrote:Jonny Wilkinson syndrome you mean?

He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

Anyway... weren't we supposed to be talking about Wales winning the RWC?
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Messymesina Thu 13 Oct - 17:34

Bitter Beer wrote:
sirBiggles wrote:
Bitter Beer wrote:Ah sirBiggles, pretend pilot, pretend knowledge of rugby. He hasn't changed.

and the purpose of this is...

sirBiggles - Yes, my title is made up... a nickname
pretend pilot - No, real one, but sticks and stones....
pretend knowledge of rugby - Again, a real knowledge of rugby, have played, have watched, have opinions, so pretend ?

You are a Very Bitter Beer arent you....

Ask a reasonable question, reasonable debate... and some people just act like morons....

I will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve... Tumbleweed

We've had this conversation. You couldn't and wouldn't prove your identity as pilot. You are a liar.

This was not a reasonable question, nor was it intended to instigate a reasonable debate. It was a thinly veiled WUM, you havent changed and so yes, you have behaved like a moron.

I will treat your comments with the contempt they deserve... Tumbleweed

I can confirm that Sir Biggles is a pilot, certainly not a liar, though admittedly some of his views on rugby can be a bit dodgy!

I think it's way too early to even be having this debate. England in 2003 were the best team in the world. Wales would have to beat NZ in the final, that is the number one ranking team at home(NZ) to be thought of as the world's best team and be talked of in the same breath as England 2003. If they do so and it's a great flippin big if, I for one wouldn't object to honours being doled out.

Messymesina

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu 13 Oct - 17:55

Yup the one and only - but in Wales GH is talked about as much as JW without having done much to earn it - I mean imagine if he did win a WC the bandwagon would be unstoppable!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 13 Oct - 18:03

They should certainly be offered the same imo but if I was the players I wouldn't want to accept OBE's, MBE's and the like. I don't agree with the existence of any monarchy anywhere, therefore accepting a monarchical award would be out of the question.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 13 Oct - 19:49

sirBiggles wrote:...and that is IF.

Do you think a precedent has now been set, and they should all get honours like the 2003 English side did.

If they dont, surely there is discrimination of sorts...

So if they win it is a minimum of MBEs for the Team, OBE for Sam Our Captain, and OBE for whoever kicks the winning drop goal (assuming it is won that way).

Not forgetting of course a Knighthood for Warren Gatland, who as a New Zealander, and part of the commonwealth can accept it....

ffs lets win the thing first not start banging on about honours..jesus

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Thu 13 Oct - 19:55

Messymesina wrote:

I can confirm that Sir Biggles is a pilot, certainly not a liar, though admittedly some of his views on rugby can be a bit dodgy!

Thanks Messy Hug

.... Headscratch I think...

Messy - Well I said I was only coming back on the boards for the RWC, so only 2 more weekends before I sign off again.... But what a few weeks eh... Fingers & toes crossed, a big ask, but I have faith... Wales

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 13 Oct - 20:00

Did you hear that the NZ airlines pilot thanked the English Team for their 'entertainment' at the RWC and apparently economy class booed them ....hilarious. Best review travel arrangements too.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 13 Oct - 20:17

If we win these lads will be hailed by their compatriots which counts as a whole lot more than some Anglo-Germanic bit of smokescreen.Bruce Forsyth has just been knighted for living a long time.Both my Mam & Dad are older than him.What is going on?They were not recognised but some fella who is minted picks up a gong,despite being crap at what he does.Funny old world.
Bet Tindall gets a knighthood for services to the distillery/brewery industry!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Thu 13 Oct - 20:26

Leave Tindall alone, he has his fair share of knockers.....

....as the pictures in the Sun proved Whistle

...wow what a boob that was... ooops pardon me vicar Wink

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Oct - 20:29

Why on earth would you want a pat on the head from the English Queen like the good provincials you are?

Wales is a proud nation, you don't need that nonsense.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Thu 13 Oct - 20:30

No wales shouldn't get anything, neither should have England 2003

There are people who are willing to die for our country who get less. It's a game of rugby mun
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitter Beer Fri 14 Oct - 8:32

sirBiggles wrote:Fingers & toes crossed

All 25 of them.

Bitter Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct - 8:35

slartibartfast wrote:No wales shouldn't get anything, neither should have England 2003

There are people who are willing to die for our country

If only someone had told steve borthwick that

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 14 Oct - 9:40

Well I agree the precedent has been established. If Wales win the RWC their honours should be exactly the same as England's in 2003. Although, I agree with other posters that sportsmen/sportswomen and celebrities shouldn't earn honours for doing what they do. In a kind of romantic notion, I still look at royal honours as for people who have done something extraordinary or sacrificed something unique for our countries.

But, then again, if Wales win the RWC, that would shake the pillars of heaven, would it not? And I could certainly be pursuaded in their favour.......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 14 Oct - 10:24

If, and its a big if, but if Wales win the World cup all pigs will be airbourne and Hell may well experience an exceedingly cold snap, and i'll be leaving these isles.

Because no-way can i stand a Welshman with something to brag about, because they've been bad enough when they've had nothing in their holster. But looks like i'll be safe because Wales are going out, and i'll have everything crossed tomorrow for a French win!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Fri 14 Oct - 14:25

english warrior wrote:

no-way can i stand a Welshman with something to brag about, because they've been bad enough when they've had nothing in their holster.

Erm clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap

1966 and every 4 years since.....
2003 and every 4 years since.....

Kettle ... Pot comes to mind....

clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap slow clap raspberry

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct - 14:34

doctor_grey wrote:Well I agree the precedent has been established. If Wales win the RWC their honours should be exactly the same as England's in 2003. Although, I agree with other posters that sportsmen/sportswomen and celebrities shouldn't earn honours for doing what they do. In a kind of romantic notion, I still look at royal honours as for people who have done something extraordinary or sacrificed something unique for our countries.

But, then again, if Wales win the RWC, that would shake the pillars of heaven, would it not? And I could certainly be pursuaded in their favour.......

What did the england women get for reaching teh world cup last 4?

Nothing but the BBC website headline " England women face massive semi"

Stick that in your precedent.

At least all this has made the Welsh forget they already have a rugby world cup.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 14 Oct - 14:44

but I would have thought the English women would have had enough on their hands facing a massive semi without needing it shouted from the roof tops and getting a medal for it!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Messymesina Fri 14 Oct - 14:47

Gotta ask yourself the question, is it a semi by the sea?

Messymesina

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 14 Oct - 18:02

Does anyone really care about supposed Honours these days in our egalitarian, meritocracy, because i couldn't care less if the England players got their so called Honours on a weekly basis, because i don't care? and i'm very surprised that anyone gives a tom teet about whether their team gets them,or not.
The whole Honours thing seems a little childish to me, or is it a great big WUM? whatever, i hope Wales DON'T win, but if they do, all power and glory to them, but surely, winning the Webb-Ellis is honour enough!! so grow up!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct - 19:52

english warrior wrote:Does anyone really care about supposed Honours these days in our egalitarian, meritocracy, because i couldn't care less if the England players got their so called Honours on a weekly basis, because i don't care? and i'm very surprised that anyone gives a tom teet about whether their team gets them,or not.
The whole Honours thing seems a little childish to me, or is it a great big WUM? whatever, i hope Wales DON'T win, but if they do, all power and glory to them, but surely, winning the Webb-Ellis is honour enough!! so grow up!!
Isn't it past your bedtime?I am sorry your lot werent professional nor English enough to reach this stage of the competition and you have to attempt very lame wums.Take heart,it is only 4 years til the next one and you may find 15 Englishmen by then to represent you unless they choose Welshness by residency!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 14 Oct - 22:13

If Wales win the damn thing by beating NZ in the final then it should be a least a peerage for Gatland ! Yahoo

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 14 Oct - 22:43

TheGreyGhost wrote:
HERSH wrote:
The IRB are out to get you by appointing poor Refs to award penalty after penalty at the breakdown despite not doing anything wrong, don’t even mention the TMO’s.

Surely not the English whinging about the referees after being dumped out in the 1/4 final? I thought we just listened to 4 years of English fans telling NZ to man up and get over it.

"You should have been good enough to win anyway" I think was the line most oft-heard.

"If you blame the refs and don't look at yourself, you'll never improve" was another.

"Not mentally strong enough" was a third.

Someone hacked your account yesterday TGG, they were pretending to be English - unfortunately they didn't have the natural arrogance to pull it off, so I knew straight away it wasn't you.

Welcome back. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2