The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Johnsons future.

+12
nathan
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Ozzy3213
DaveM
Dai Tryin
Runster
gelodge
mystiroakey
player1
englandglory4ever
Cymroglan
majesticimperialman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Martin Johnsons future. - Page 2 Empty Martin Johnsons future.

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I understand the apaprt from the RFU holding a meeting on Englands conduct in New Zealand , both on and off the field.

Also that Martin Johnson has 2 weeks in which to make his mind up, if he wants to keep the job or not.

If you was in Martin Johnsons shoes right now, what would you choose to do.

(A) try and fight to keep his job.

(B) cut his losses and walk away.

What do you think he should do?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Martin Johnsons future. - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin Johnsons future.

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:True they certainly weren't angelic but the papers were well over the top, for instance the England team were ridiculed for going bungey jumping ('it's dangerous', 'why aren't they training') yet the Welsh team go quad biking and not a word is mentioned. Just sensationalism by Journo's who found the England rugby team an easy target because of their previous successes.
Its how you present yourself on and of the field, Yes the welsh team has been out doing lots of things but have been gentlemen and have earned respect and thats what you need when the world is watching you ,,, Dont you English get that ....
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:48 pm

Come on iots pretty clear you two are just out to give us Welsh a bad name. It dsoenst take a genius to see that although England players havent helped themsleves that the media have exageratted and focusse don these inidents and create dthe idea of an England team out of contriol.

It could easily have been done to any side, what about the New Zelanders caught out drinking and smoking? Barely made the papers.

Cheap cliches like " no smoke without fire" are meaningless. Noones denying the fire, just how hot iot was and that other houses dont have hem as well.

Take the bungeegate that started it, repoted as a shock horror when the England players did it ...whereas Wales go out quad bikeing and the parers present it as a sign that the Welsh are enjoying the tournamnet and relaxed.

If you dont understand how the media works and how its helps create its own narative which whilst based on fact isnt always the whole truth of a suituation, and if you cant look beyond the headlines then you have a problem. But going back to my first point its pretty clear you both want a stick to bash England with and dont really care what the reality is behind the headline and negative impression.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Really i dont think England needed the press to make them look bad
and this is my last comment on Johnsons future because he has none ..
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Come on iots pretty clear you two are just out to give us Welsh a bad name. It dsoenst take a genius to see that although England players havent helped themsleves that the media have exageratted and focusse don these inidents and create dthe idea of an England team out of contriol.

It could easily have been done to any side, what about the New Zelanders caught out drinking and smoking? Barely made the papers.

Cheap cliches like " no smoke without fire" are meaningless. Noones denying the fire, just how hot iot was and that other houses dont have hem as well.

Take the bungeegate that started it, repoted as a shock horror when the England players did it ...whereas Wales go out quad bikeing and the parers present it as a sign that the Welsh are enjoying the tournamnet and relaxed.

If you dont understand how the media works and how its helps create its own narative which whilst based on fact isnt always the whole truth of a suituation, and if you cant look beyond the headlines then you have a problem. But going back to my first point its pretty clear you both want a stick to bash England with and dont really care what the reality is behind the headline and negative impression.
theres nothing that i ever done to give my beloved nation a bad name, i just say things as i see them The truth pity you cant do the same
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2