The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where will you be watching the Wales v France show down

+7
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
WelshinEdinburgh
Cari
Huwball
maestegmafia
slartibartfast
player1
11 posters

Go down

where will you be watching the Wales v France show down Empty where will you be watching the Wales v France show down

Post by player1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:33 pm

60,000 Free tickets to watch wales v france in the millenium stadium

Last edited by player1 on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

where will you be watching the Wales v France show down Empty Re: where will you be watching the Wales v France show down

Post by slartibartfast Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

le stadium with beer goggles on
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

where will you be watching the Wales v France show down Empty Re: where will you be watching the Wales v France show down

Post by player1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:37 pm

I heard if you hold on to the ticket you can get in to the millenium stadium to watch the Final for free ..
Is this true ??? anyone ???
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

slartibartfast

I hope you have a great day Very Happy
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:42 pm

player1 wrote:I heard if you hold on to the ticket you can get in to the millenium stadium to watch the Final for free ..
Yep, it's true. If you scratch off the silver strip it reads:

Come back in a week's time see the final.

Also valid for Wales v Australia (in the 3rd/4th playoff)

Seriously, have fun. Should be a great event!

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

player1 wrote:slartibartfast

I hope you have a great day Very Happy

I will post back how it goes. Like Wales I've been on a self disciplined beer excile - if they win Saturday, like Wales, my kidneys will take a week to recover.

I feel sick already...
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

oh yes ,,,
and it says New Zealand v Wales
Hug
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

[quote="SafeAsMilk"]
player1 wrote:I heard if you hold on to the ticket you can get in to the millenium stadium to watch the Final for free ..
Yep, it's true. If you scratch off the silver strip it reads:

Come back in a week's time see the final.

Also valid for Wales v Australia (in the 3rd/4th playoff)

Seriously, have fun. Should be a great event![/q oh yes ,,,
and it says New Zealand v Wales RWC FINAL quote]
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

I'll be watching it in the pub, again.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:13 am

There will be more people watching Wales on Saturday morning at the Millennium Stadium than at Eden Park.
Fifty-one thousand tickets have been claimed for the free event at the national stadium with expectations of meeting the capacity set at 62,000.
The stadium had 50,000 for a Michael Jackson tribute concert last weekend: living heroes rather than deceased icons are bigger business in Wales these days. The past is now another country.
“You’d love to be able to nip home for an hour or two to take it all in,” said Adam Jones. “It’s gone crazy, eh?”

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Huwball Fri 14 Oct 2011, 6:57 am

I'll be in the pub - again, probably on pint no.2 by kick off Ale

This world cup has lowered my street cred no end - drunk by 11am - you'd swear I was one of the High street crowd Erm

C'mon lads, give me another weekend of drinking, even if it is on Sunday!

Huwball

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:25 am

I'll be on the 4th floor at the stadium Very Happy coffee

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:30 am

have a great day Cari ,, Smile
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:34 am

I will Player. Starting the celebration early....I'm wearing my Welsh jersey to work, brought in some Welsh cakes to munch on and I even bought a Western Mail. I don't normally get a paper at all, but it's a special time Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:35 am

From the Western Mail Poll

Where will you be watching the match?

At home

61.2%

At the rugby club

5.9%

At the pub

11.8%

At the Millennium Stadium

14.8%

Eden Park, Auckland

6.3%

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:38 am

we are on level 6 row 25,, 18 0f us sat together ,,should be a blast ,, enjoy your early start and your welsh cakes Smile
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

Wow! 18 of you!? Are you all dressing up or anything? I'll have to keep an eye out Smile I'm going with my friend. She's not normally into rugby as much, but it's such a big occasion, she decided to drive down from Ponty Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:04 am

some of us are dressing up its going to be a great day ,, we have a few in other seats too ,, so about 24 all together Very Happy look out for us
One big Parrrtyyy
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

THE Welsh Rugby Union has issued a “thank you” message to the tens of thousands of fans who will pack the Millennium Stadium to watch a free live screening of the Wales vs France Rugby World Cup semi-final tomorrow
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

More than 60,000 fans have already registered their intention to turn up, with the attendance swelling towards the 67,000 capacity at Eden Park in Auckland where supporters will watch the match itself.
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshinEdinburgh Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

At home in Edinburgh - cup of tea and bacon rolls, would love to be in Cardiff, even better Auckland - not long now - butterfly time!

WelshinEdinburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

I booked 62,000 free tickets for the millenium stadium but Im not going

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

WelshinEdinburgh wrote:At home in Edinburgh - cup of tea and bacon rolls, would love to be in Cardiff, even better Auckland - not long now - butterfly time!
Have a great day Very Happy
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:I booked 62,000 free tickets for the millenium stadium but Im not going
where will you be watching it then ??
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:39 am

maestegmafia wrote:From the Western Mail Poll

At home

61.2%

At the rugby club

5.9%

At the pub

11.8%

14.8%

Eden Park, Auckland

6.3%

At the absolute top end theres goign to be 20,000 welshers at Eden Park, if thats 6% of the audience then only 120000 are bothering to watch?

Either rugby is massivley unpopular in Wales or that poll is utterly meaningless.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:From the Western Mail Poll

At home

61.2%

At the rugby club

5.9%

At the pub
Doh

11.8%

14.8%

Eden Park, Auckland

6.3%

At the absolute top end theres goign to be 20,000 welshers at Eden Park, if thats 6% of the audience then only 120000 are bothering to watch?

Either rugby is massivley unpopular in Wales or that poll is utterly meaningless.
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:46 am

For those driving into Cardiff tomorrow - just a heads up...the roads around the stadium will be closed from 7:30am until 11:30am. OK

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:47 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Fifty-one thousand tickets have been claimed for the free event at the national stadium with expectations of meeting the capacity set at 62,000.
The stadium had 50,000 for a Michael Jackson tribute concert last weekend: living heroes rather than deceased icons are bigger business in Wales these days. The past is now another country.

I assume the Michael Jackson tribute concert was free then, or maybe this journalist is full of rubbish too. Id love to see a Wales rugby team tribute act pull 50,000 fans when the real side cant even always fill the stadium for home games.
Seriously is there anyone in the media with anything worthwhile to say about this game?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

Cari wrote:For those driving into Cardiff tomorrow - just a heads up...the roads around the stadium will be closed from 7:30am until 11:30am. OK
Smile Park and ride Cardiff Bay £3 Very Happy
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:59 am

Be watching it in my halls' common room, got a few welsh lads (and few others with whom I have placed bets) coming over to watch/drink/shout with. Depending on the mood, might make a move to the pub at halftime.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

Looseheaded wrote:Be watching it in my halls' common room, got a few welsh lads (and few others with whom I have placed bets) coming over to watch/drink/shout with. Depending on the mood, might make a move to the pub at halftime.
Have a great day i hope you make to the pub Ale
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Messymesina Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:14 pm

We're driving from Norfolk to Cardiff. We're trying to think of the worst possible people to replace Richard Burton or Anthony Hopkins in Under Milk Wood. So far we have Robert Peston and Gareth Gates.
Any suggestions?

Messymesina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

Graham Gooch and David Beckham

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by player1 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:22 pm

Messymesina wrote:We're driving from Norfolk to Cardiff. We're trying to think of the worst possible people to replace Richard Burton or Anthony Hopkins in Under Milk Wood. So far we have Robert Peston and Gareth Gates.
Any suggestions?
wow long drive be careful ,,, but have a great day Smile
player1
player1

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

Messymesina wrote:We're driving from Norfolk to Cardiff. We're trying to think of the worst possible people to replace Richard Burton or Anthony Hopkins in Under Milk Wood. So far we have Robert Peston and Gareth Gates.
Any suggestions?

Mike Tindall and Sontayne Hape?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 14 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

Messy - thats one fair old drive mate (my wifes is from norwich), hopefully you won't be too tired to be up in time for the rugby tomorrow.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Messymesina Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

Cheers guys thanks for your support, I think David Beckham would be brilliant!!

Phil Vickery for the deaf.

Messymesina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down