The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!!

+23
Twitchey
JDandfries
manos de piedra
cave_man_KO
Soldier_Of_Fortune
joeyjojo618
Sir. badgerhands
DoubleD22
Mind the windows Tino.
sodhat
Valero's Conscience
DaveVDK
oxring
bellchees
Mr Bounce
bhb001
trottb
captain carrantuohil
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!! Empty Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 19:38

I imagine guys like Marciano, Dempsey, Sullivan, Cobb and Tyson would be a great handful if you fought them on the street......Dirty fighters all of them and all relentless with it.....

Now If I was a hooligan and could pick some heavyweights to back me up after the Meg Ryan rangers vs Trussman patriots derby had finished I would probably pick the above mentioned to accompany me...

However is there better guys to have in your team than these and who are they???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!! Empty Re: Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!!

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct - 19:42

i love this serious hardhitting boxing debate

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!! Empty Re: Best streetfighters in Heavyweight history!!!

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 17 Oct - 19:43

Didnt dempsey put two muggers in hospital at 60 something years old?

Ibeabuchi, Tua, Tyson, Larry Holmes can leap off limos! Frazier -.

To be honest any decent boxer with a big punch can hold his own in the street - especially body punchers. Heavyweights have the advantage of weight behind them - especially if they can put it behind a punch. Might not handle well in a grapple but all they have to do is land and land quick.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct - 19:47

think they would handle themselves better than the average man in terms of grappling

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 19:47

Terrible Tim Mcgoven

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 19:48

Think the guys I'm talking about were deadly with elbows, head etc and weren't exactly Marquis of Queensbury..

Hence their effectiveness...

Anyway thanks for your post Shah..and elevating the debate over the muppet above you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct - 19:49

if i had to pick one liston would be by my side

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 19:49

Who is Tim mcgovern????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Oct - 19:50

John L Sullivan would be a pretty good shout, was not averse to bar brawl, was more than experienced in fighting bare knuckled and could also knock a guy into next week.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 19:50

Bert Cooper was a decent scrapper in his time.

ignore last post about terrible Tim. He was feather weight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 17 Oct - 19:51

Ah - then the klitschko's - they were fairly handy kickboxers too and they spend half their time wrestling their opponents when they get close!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 19:52

Forgot about them...Think Vitali more than Vlad with his chin....

Maybe Vitali over Cobb..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Oct - 19:53

Duran, who was after all, precisely that, a street-fighter, before going respectable. Used to beat up sailors for a living in the docks of Panama City. Seem to remember that he was asked back in 1973 or so whether he reckoned he could beat Ali. No, said Duran, the guy is eighty pounds heavier than me. "I meant in a street fight," insisted the interviewer. "That's different," growled Duran. "In a street fight, I kill Ali."

Got to admire the confidence, I suppose.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Oct - 19:55

And just noticed that you wrote heavyweight history, truss. Oh well....Frazier would be pretty handy, I'd have thought.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 19:56

Funnily enough he'd be number 1 on my list If the opposition were of similar build and size...maybe Ketchel too!!

he is the king of the streetfighters.....

However thought i'd go for size and strength....me being a beefster and all!!!

What about Quarry and perhaps Tom Sharkey??? they could dish it out...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 19:58

Tyson was never really a streetfighter escept for THAT fight with Mitch Green.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 19:58

You don't have to stay on topic Captain.....

Hank armstrong, Fritzie and Saddler would certainly be in my p4p team

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:00

Tyson used elbows, head and hit people when they were down (just watch Bruno 1)..

However he's probably a bad choice as he didn't like taking it..but he happily dished it out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 20:00

Quarry is a good shout. He had the right style and physique for inside fighting. Remember watching his left hook knock down of Patteron. He had great hand speed and good power tough little Irishman.

I would hate to meet Shavers in a street fight. Sma Langford would also be a nightmare.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 17 Oct - 20:02

Max Baer would surely be pretty handy to have around in a brawl.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:03

Not sure Shavers was ruthless..which is what I'm kind of getting at...

Larry used to lean on guys and use his thumbs sometimes but he was too much of a gentleman really ...for Meg's ruthless army..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:04

Baer...Thought about him but In honesty apart from him throwing away the title against Braddock never really watched him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 17 Oct - 20:06

What bout the early big George. I would have run away from just looking at his face. Same with Liston.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:08

Good point......Stamina may be slightly lacking if the guy isn't already dead...

Maybe a 1st change guy.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 20:09

You may laugh but I always like Tommy Morrison's nasty side just ask Razor Rudduck.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:09

I won't laugh.... but It's not easy!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:10

Maybe if Golota had ball he'd be good..... especially if Ryan's army contained dwarves!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 20:11

How can I forget Tua.

just ask Ruiz.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Mon 17 Oct - 20:19

Mention of Liston reminds me of a story told by Hugh McIlvanney about Sonny and a Glaswegian bantamweight by the name of Peter Keenan, who became European champion eventually, I believe. For some reason, Liston was in Glasgow one time while he was world champ, and was invited to a party in one of the more salubrious areas of the city in a flat a few storeys up. Lot of cigar smoke and some pretty noisy music, and Liston took exception to the smoke that surrounded him and demanded that everyone extinguish their cigars before he lost his temper. Keenan walked up to him and apparently said "You may be the heavyweight champion, but I've never lost a fight in the street in my life. If anything's going out, it's not the cigar, it's you." Someone else then added: "Aye, and not by the door, but by the windie."

Sonny settles down and a good time is had by all.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:22

Love it...and hearing of some of the stories of the Rangers-Celtic soccer derby match fans..

I can believe it..

Sonny's shoulder probably began to bother him again... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:37

As for Tua i think he's probably too Marquez of Queens for the team....onetwo..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 17 Oct - 20:39

Valuev. Sod the ability, people won't get past the size!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:44

A good choice perhaps......Be like having NOSFERATU in your team...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 17 Oct - 20:49

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:As for Tua i think he's probably too Marquez of Queens for the team....onetwo..

Are you high?

there is nothing marquez of queensbury about the guy who took 1 of John Ruiz's 9 lives the way he did.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Oct - 20:55

But he did it in a boxing related way mate..

but he can be devastating you're right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 17 Oct - 22:33

I'd take Ibeabuchi - he's a proper nutter and not afraid to take a few punches either Shocked

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 17 Oct - 23:18

There would be no trouble if Vitali just asked people to quieten down and go about their business, he is a scary scary man. I've not seen him fight but wasn't Tony Galento a real hard case. Outside the heavyweights I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Benn, also Mayorga would be a good guy to have on your side in a fight although he would most likely be the cause of the crowd trouble. Also worth a mention would be Matt Skelton, pretty rubbish boxer but I think he has a long history Kickboxing so not to be messed with in a street fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 17 Oct - 23:48

Sullivan, Dempsey, Galento, Liston would all be good allies to have. As long as they didn't start fighting each other.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Tue 18 Oct - 7:22

Out of the smaller guys would have to pick Edwin Valero, Iron fists, and a very short fuse

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 18 Oct - 9:15

I would pick George Chuvalo because you're not knocking him out!

Mayorga would probably start the most fights with his tongue.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 18 Oct - 9:20

I'd also pick someone with a good chin, just so they'd take a shellacking and still be going, which is handy because I'd be out on the floor (or running).

Vitali is a good shout, no one wants to mess with an Eastern European, especially one that big.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Oct - 9:23

I would go for ONETWO.

He is a professional in close protection, very handy with a glock and "trained to kill".

What more do you need?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 18 Oct - 9:25

The boilermaker Jim Jeffries should not be discounted, can take one hell of a shellacking and also not short of a dig.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 18 Oct - 9:34

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I would go for ONETWO.

He is a professional in close protection, very handy with a glock and "trained to kill".

What more do you need?

Truss?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 18 Oct - 9:38

trottb wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I would go for ONETWO.

What more do you need?

Truss?

Handy man to have there if any acid heads turn up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Tue 18 Oct - 9:42

Rocky Marciano for me, loved a brawl, he wouldnt go down and would always have that KO power.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Tue 18 Oct - 9:44

I'd second OneTwo.

14 year old female hailing from Boston/Yorkshire who had a chance to work in the adult industry but chose instead to be trained in the art of killing!!

Sounds like a hero from Marvel Comics.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 18 Oct - 9:44

Oliver McCall would be tough to put down, and if he wasn't winning he could start crying and garner some pity to stop the fight.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 18 Oct - 9:45

Since the advent of modern nutrition, even the most weaselly hooligan could take apart Marciano.

Wheres az these days? Im doing his job for him.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct - 9:45

Not sure I'd pick Frazier. If the insults started flying around, I reckon by the time the fighting finished, Joe would only just realise he'd been insulted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next