The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Vengeance Spoiler!

+6
Mr H
HitmanOwl
ADMIN
Kay Fabe
Stonee21
The Best in the World
10 posters

Go down

Possible Vengeance Spoiler! Empty Possible Vengeance Spoiler!

Post by The Best in the World Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 7:39

Sources report that WWE's Vengeance pay-per-view will be the event where John Cena finally breaks away from the WWE Title picture. Cena will be facing Alberto Del Rio in a Last Man Standing Match for Del Rio's WWE Title.

This would indicate that Del Rio is retaining the title. After Vengeance, Cena will begin the build for Survivor Series and further his feud with The Rock. Del Rio is scheduled to go into a feud with CM Punk.

source: nodq
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Possible Vengeance Spoiler! Empty Re: Possible Vengeance Spoiler!

Post by Stonee21 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 8:18

Yahoo YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I really hope this happens, Cena will finally LOSE a feud, not only 1 but 2 heels will be champion and looking strong (hopefully) and Punk will get an extended main event run for the title firmly placing him with Orton and Cena with possibly ADR joining them as a top tier heel.

I really hope this happens now! Very Happy

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 8:59

Not got a clue why my post got deleted...Halloween's not to next week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 10:08

Had a look through all the deleted posts and cannot find any deletion of one of your posts Gaff.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 10:19

It's funny I had Cena down as a nailed on cert to win at vengeance.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 11:51

I was sure Cena would lose, Cena being advertised for a traditioal Survivor Series match convinced me of that, the only problem I could see was who are they going to use to help Del Rio cheat, I'd rather it was just Del Rio and Ricardo that outsmart Cena, instead of them debuting o re-debuting a new guy who will need to take a Cena beating sooner or later totally haulting his progress before it gets going

I've been thinking for a while now that HHH will turn heel at either Vengence or Survivor Series, I think witha potential team of Rock Cena and Punk at Survivor Series, HHH's star power would definitely be needed for that team, if he does turn heel at Vengence then I can't see Punk not being involved in that match, I'd hold the Punk/Del Rio match off until TLC and let them carry the feud over Christmas and New Year (although not onto the Rumble)

I wouldn't get to excited about Cena being out of the title picture, he'll be champ again by the Rumble or at Elimination Chamber at the very longest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 19:39

We saw how Cena taped Batista's feet to the ring post to win a LMS match and i expect something similar will happen at Vengeance.

I'll go for Del Rio locking Cena into the trunk of his car, making him unable to answer the 10 count.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:18

That actually makes sense, I like that idea

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:19

I'd go with that angle too, keep Cena looking strong while the belt remains with Del Rio.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:32

Mr H wrote:I'll go for Del Rio locking Cena into the trunk of his car, making him unable to answer the 10 count.

I was thinking that too, because I have a feeling that WWE will want to go for a 'creative' ending to the match that isn't necessarily the result of Cena being beaten up to the point he can't stand.

If they do go with Cena getting locked in the car boot though, I'm fully expecting him to burst through immediately after the 10 count, with biceps bulging and him being all "RAAAAAAAH!" then beating up Del Rio.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:36

i was thinking of del rio running cena over like ricardo did with big show and trapping him

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:40

The other finish i was thinking would be Del Rio calls out Brodus Clay and they both lay ontop of a table with Cena trapped underneath it who desperately tries to lift them but cant. Or keeping Cena looking strong he pushes them off at 9 but cant get to his feet in time.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:43

Maybe Del Rio will spike Cena's pre-match protein shake, and after about 10 minutes Cena will keel over, unable to answer the 10 count.

Then Jeff Hardy will have conniptions because Cena turned up 'in no condition to perform' and got away with it.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:47

JamesLincs wrote:i was thinking of del rio running cena over like ricardo did with big show and trapping him

Laugh I think attempt murder might must be a little to creative

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:00

Whats wrong with Cena passing out through the pain of a 10 minute Del Rio armbar?

Never happen will it.........

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:15

Who honestly wants to see them lying on the mat for 10 minutes, the announce team would fall asleep, also, is Del Rio the kind of guy you want to give that kind of rub too? Cena tapping or passing out through the pain will be huge, Del Rio IMO doesn't deserve that rub yet, the guys the World Champ and he's about 5 or 6 most important guy on RAW

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:23

10 minutes is over the top granted, but we are talking about Super Cena who has already powered out of the move in house shows between the pair. If that did happen, it has to be realistic time for Cena to pass out from.

What I am getting at is suggestions that keeps Cena looking strong. If anything I want the opposite. How can anyone look credible if they only beat Cena in screwy finishes. Maybe Rio hasn't earned his dues yet to be World Champion, but what is the harm in him going over strongly in a "lesser" PPV and then (if it has to happen) Cena winning strongly at Royal Rumble or another PPV? He would be too busy with the Rock in the future anyway. Let Rio have his chance to shine and show us what he is capable of, without the Cena shadow looming over him all the time.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:32

The WWE are pushing Rock/Cena as the biggest match in a decade, I don't think having Cena pass out to a submission move would be the best way to build that feud, this is more about Cena though, I do want to see him pass out or tap, but only to the right guy, if he does it to Del Rio at a so called lesser PPV it wouldn't have anywhere near the impact it would have against someone like Punk at say SummerSlam, yet it would steal all the stigma Cena's built up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:40

If submission is not the way to go then maybe have Del Rio smack Cena's head with the car door a few times like Vinnie Jones in Lock Stock.

Anything other than a screwy Del Rio finish. Del Rio needs to look strong more than Cena does. You can't protect him for the sake of the Rock match, because what ever is built for the undercard will be non-existant. I also think a strong Rio win will help the possible feud with Punk. We then have two guys that have beaten Cena in the past clean.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:05

I disagree, I like the heels cheating to win, Del Rio will get his fair share of cheers as it is since he's facing Cena, putting him over clean would garner him respect and cheers, something I'd want to shy away from, cheating to win helps build crowd heat and also shows that Del Rio has the smarts to hold onto the title, plus I'm pretty sure this match wont be the Main Event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:22

Regardless of it being main event or not, it is for a World Championship. I can't see how a screwy finish would end the Rio v Cena saga, unless the Rock comes into it. On the other side of the coin, what is a point of a Cena win, when, like you say, he has a survivor series match coming up?

If Rio cheats to win, what is Cena's excuse to now walk away from the feud? Basically screams of "the WC is not important as I now have bigger fish to fry".

Difference is what I want to see happen and what I think will happen. It probably will be a Rio win via some kind of interference (my money is on Clay). But it would be nice if the World title holder actually meant something, meaning he beats all comers. Not that he can only win with help.

I am just weary of the whole Super Cena thing now, especially when we can call the results of matches because we know that the WWE want to preserve Cena's aura above everything and everyone else.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:45

That can be solved by ADR merely saying to Cena that he has had his chances and won't be getting anymore. Cena can plead for one but be unsuccessful, therefore the title looks important by Cena can go onto other things.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:59

JoshSansom wrote:That can be solved by ADR merely saying to Cena that he has had his chances and won't be getting anymore. Cena can plead for one but be unsuccessful, therefore the title looks important by Cena can go onto other things.

Sounds plausible. Maybe the rock can do a pre-recorded video highlighting the fact that his WM match is not that far away.

I am still hoping Del Rio wins non-screwy.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:40

Has Cena ever lost a last man standing match? I just can't believe del Rio knocking Cena out for the 10.

I hope del Rio wins though.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:47

Hitman, he doesnt need to knock Cena out for the 10 count, he will cheat to win by either:

Del Rio, Ricardo and Brodus Clay bundle ontop of Cena for 10 seconds.

Or

Locking Cena in the boot of his car.

I bet it will be one of these finishes.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:51

Well if my guess for the Mania card is correct, then Del Rio wins and Cena moves on. I think a Punk fued is too early because I had him down as winning the Rumble and then fighting Del Rio for the title at WM.

Think it will be Rock v Cena, Orton (c) v Rhodes, Punk v Del Rio (c) and HHH v McMahon (either as a match or Mcmahon having someone fight HHH on his behalf). Then Taker v Henry (I hope not but this is my guess if Taker is fit).

This being said, I want a good Del Rio win to set him up as a credible champ. If it has to be screwy, get Rock involved to tee up Cena v Rock.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:52

Mr H wrote:Hitman, he doesnt need to knock Cena out for the 10 count, he will cheat to win by either:

Or

Locking Cena in the boot of his car.

I bet it will be one of these finishes.

I suppose we will know based on what car ADR drives out!! Smile It would be a good ending though given that Cena has hijacked ADR's car before.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:53

xTwisTx wrote:Well if my guess for the Mania card is correct, then Del Rio wins and Cena moves on. I think a Punk fued is too early because I had him down as winning the Rumble and then fighting Del Rio for the title at WM.

Think it will be Rock v Cena, Orton (c) v Rhodes, Punk v Del Rio (c) and HHH v McMahon (either as a match or Mcmahon having someone fight HHH on his behalf). Then Taker v Henry (I hope not but this is my guess if Taker is fit).

This being said, I want a good Del Rio win to set him up as a credible champ. If it has to be screwy, get Rock involved to tee up Cena v Rock.

I can't see Rock getting involved as I can't see them painting him to be a heel... also, I think ADR would look stronger if he or a member of his entourage were to screw over Cena. Look at how weak Miz looked with the Rock helping him to win at WM...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 23:59

How about del Rio running him over with the car? Then Cena pops back at survivor series?!

Or del Rio pays big kev to Do him? Gives Nash a reason to be on the ss team. Don't forget Nash is about the $$$$$

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 0:10

HitmanOwl wrote:How about del Rio running him over with the car?

Best idea so far. It is heel-ish and Rio is the reason for it....not a run in.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 0:55

Mr H wrote:Hitman, he doesnt need to knock Cena out for the 10 count, he will cheat to win by either:

But if Alberto lays on top of Cena for 10 seconds, won't he also be off his feet i.e. not standing for 10 seconds?

I'm guessing then it would be a draw and they'd have to do a rematch the next night on RAW.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 1:07

I guess Del Rio would be standing, pushing the other 2 down!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 1:10

He could stand on top of them both.

That would make for an awesome visual actually, Cena struggling to get out from underneath them and Del Rio standing 'at the top of the mountain' so to speak.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 2:16

HitmanOwl wrote:Has Cena ever lost a last man standing match? I just can't believe del Rio knocking Cena out for the 10.

I hope del Rio wins though.
Yes, Edge won the WHC at Backlash 09 when The Big Show came out and chokeslammed him through a big spot light, it was a brilliant bump

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 2:22

xTwisTx wrote:Regardless of it being main event or not, it is for a World Championship. I can't see how a screwy finish would end the Rio v Cena saga, unless the Rock comes into it. On the other side of the coin, what is a point of a Cena win, when, like you say, he has a survivor series match coming up?

If Rio cheats to win, what is Cena's excuse to now walk away from the feud? Basically screams of "the WC is not important as I now have bigger fish to fry".

Difference is what I want to see happen and what I think will happen. It probably will be a Rio win via some kind of interference (my money is on Clay). But it would be nice if the World title holder actually meant something, meaning he beats all comers. Not that he can only win with help.

I am just weary of the whole Super Cena thing now, especially when we can call the results of matches because we know that the WWE want to preserve Cena's aura above everything and everyone else.
If Del Rio locks him in his boot that wouldn't be considered cheating IMO, the aim is to keep the guy down by any means for the 10 count, all it is would be exploiting the rules, exactly what heels should do, I know you say you want Champions to take on all comers and win clean but when Cena does it he gets abuse

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 2:42

But when Cena wins clean against anyone and everyone, we think so what. We go into his matches thinking he is either going to win, or lose but not cleanly. Even MITB and Cena v Punk...even with all the factors in Punks favour.....we were still unsure whether he would win or not.

Like I said, I am weary of the whole Wrestler X can beat anyone but Cena. Hell, you could argue that when Punk did win, it only happened because of a distraction by John L. And whose betting that the Rock will win cleanly at WM?

Would one clean win over someone whose path is set for the next 6 months really cause that much damage? Being WWE Champion just seems pointless otherwise. Let Del Rio smack Cena in the head with a car jack or something. Smack his head in the door. I would even take him locking him in the boot at a push. Just please anything other than a run in.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 3:43

Would it cause much damage? Maybe not but if Del Rio beat Cena clean now then if Punk does it in 6 months time it wont feel anywhere near as special, you give big monumental wins to your top faces, you don't give big monumental clean wins to your heels, that gains them respect and the fans a reason to cheer for them, that's the exact opposite for what you want to aim for

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down