The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tree of the 'E

+17
TheUnknownOne.
NickisBHAFC
psycho-gooner
Gregers
Bull
President Trump
Dx Dan.
sodhat
JoshSansom
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
statiksupernova
Buzzman
MIG
ADMIN
theundisputedY2D2
TwisT
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Tree of the 'E - Page 3 Empty The Tree of the 'E

Post by TwisT Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:03 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a group opinion on how the wwe views its roster (I have not included the Diva's), at the moment, in terms of importance to the company. It is based upon the following criteria:

Level 1 - Vital to the company and PPV headliners with proven drawing ability
Level 2 - Important to the top story lines but cannot main event successfully without it being alongside a Level 1 competitor
Level 3 - Strong upper card / mid carder with regular and logical TV time - appear at all / nearly all PPV's
Level 4 - Solid mid carder with regular TV time and story lines - appear at most PPV's
Level 5 - Mid carders who appear on TV most weeks - occasional PPV appearances
Level 6 - Superstars / lower card talent who may be put into story lines as enhancement talent - get their annual run at the Rumble
Level 7 - Superstars / lower card talent with no obvious story line at present, any TV time will be as a jobber

Based upon current standings, the tree looks like this: (NB:Italics shows inactivity at present).

Level 1: --- HHH --- Cena --- Undertaker --- Orton --- Punk ---

Level 2: --- Nash --- Del Rio --- Miz --- Henry --- Big Show ---

Level 3: --- Mysterio --- Christian --- R Truth --- Sheamus --- Rhodes ---Ziggler ---

Level 4: --- Ryder --- Kane --- Swagger ---

Level 5: --- Bourne --- Kingston --- Otunga --- Bryan --- Sin Cara's --- Barrett ---

Level 6: --- Clay --- Morrison --- Ryan --- Jackson --- Santino --- DiBiase --- Riley ---

Level 7: --- Slater --- Reks --- Tatsu --- Mahal --- Gabriel --- Rest of the Roster ---

Please feel free to comment on standings within the tree. More than 3 votes constitutes a change in standing.

I will be updated the tree based on comments after each PPV. The tree will be based upon the time leading to that PPV in question, and the PPV results itself. Therefore, you can comment at anytime and the opinions will be counted after the PPV in question, and any changes made.

Next Edit will be after: Survivor Series

Last edited by xTwisTx on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 22 times in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The Tree of the 'E - Page 3 Empty Re: The Tree of the 'E

Post by TwisT Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 am

Sorry ED, but beating someone on his own level, doesn't really constitute a move up in my opinion. The things that hold him down are:

1. It was on Superstars yes?

2. I wouldn't bet against Mahal beating him on the next edition, as that is how haphazard SuperStars is.

3. I would not bet on him beating anyone in the level above him, AT THE MOMENT.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 am

I like the emphasis on AT THE MOMENT. It hints at you thinking Gabriel and Slater will be climbing the tree soon.

I think he would beat Santino, Riley or DiBiase. None of the others though, sure. At the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:50 am

It actually hints to me being open to the fact so you don't blow a gasket. Santino was on RAW recently, even if it was for comic effect. Riley and DiBiase have gone AWOL, but I would be more inclined to move them down, then Gabriel up.

Like I said, after Surivior Series we can look at this again.

You never know, Gabriel might make a 5v5 team or something, or even have a dark match. If he doesn't feature in at least that, I don't really think you can grumble.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:54 am

xTwisTx - I think that this Tree of 'E concept is great and if you going to be able to continue this it would be great.

What I think would be a good idea though would be to define the levels somewhat. My interpretation would be as follows though feel free to change things! :

Level 2 - Important to the top story lines but cannot main event successfully without it being alongside a Level 1 competitor
Level 3 - Strong upper card / mid carder with regular and logical TV time - appear at all / nearly all PPV's
Level 4 - Solid mid carder with regular TV time and story lines - appear at most PPV's
Level 6 - Superstars / lower card talent who may be put into story lines as enhancement talent - get their annual run on Sky Box Office at the Rumble
Level 7 - Superstars / lower card talent with no obvious story line at present, any TV time will be as a jobber

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah Josh totally agree with you. The concept itself is sound but like you say it needs tweeks that I hope you guys would help me with.

Maybe in the time before Survivor Series we can totally nail down some definitions that we agree on. I think my original ones were too vague.

I think the definitions that you have placed there are really well thought out and work, so I may nick that idea if that is ok?!

Guys, based upon Josh's suggestion, does the tree now need a shake up?

I am going to keep the tree's in a document after every PPV so we have a history of the movers and shakers, so it would be good if I can get something solid down now, update after Surivior Series, and then update after every PPV. I would only update it between time with additions to the roster (Nash) or if someone gets FE'ed.

Last edited by xTwisTx on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Agreed Twist. If neither feature at SS, then for now they are in the right place. But then if on Raw or Smackdown, Slater and Gabriel beat like, 3 7ers or even 2 6ers or gets some ringtime with a 3er or 4er then we need to be reconsidering.

I think Slater will make a 5 v 5 team.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:14 pm

Only change I would make would be to swap Rhodes and Mark Henry around as the Rhodes/Orton feud *seems* to be over.

Also, if one of the Admins/Mods are on here it would be great to get this as a sticky on the wrestling page so that it can become a regular part of the forum. Please. Smile

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Dunno if they are listening Josh Very Happy

I would really like more feedback from the regulars based on Josh's level ranking. That way we can scrub this, I can post a new tree with the solid level rules, which can then be sticky-ed. Then we can look at it again after each PPV and adjust accordingly.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 pm

At the start it was mentioned that this could be done for TNA aswell. This is my attempt for TNA. Feel free to move to another thread if you think its more appropriate to go in there.

A.J. Styles
Hulk Hogan*
Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
Sting

Abyss
Bobby Roode
James Storm
Samoa Joe
Ric Flair*
Mr. Anderson
Matt Morgan

Bully Ray
Crimson
D'Angelo Dinero
Jeff Jarrett
Scott Steiner

Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Anarquia
Hernandez
Austin Aries
Brian Kendrick
Gunner

Christopher Daniels
Kazarian
Robbie E

Level 6 - Superstars / lower card talent who may be put into story lines as enhancement talent

Devon
Douglas Williams
Eric Young
Jesse Neal
Jesse Sorensen
Kid Kash
Rob Terry
Magnus
Shannon Moore
Jerry Lynn
Garett Bischoff

Anthony Nese
Zema Ion
Mark Haskins

* Not sure if Hulk Hogan and Rick Flair count as “wrestlers” anymore but if so then these would be the categories for them.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Mort if you want to start your TNA tree in another thread then that be great. Reason being is then you can edit your original post to move wrestlers up or down depending on comments. (This is what I do) Very Happy

There wasn't any feedback, so I have changed the original post and will keep it to an "after PPV" post. I won't be changing the order until after Surivivor Series now. Please comment however, and any votes to change positions will be counted after each PPV

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Just realised how low John Morrison is, I'd have him at 3 or the very top of group four

He's on TV every week, although he has been on the receiving end of a punishment for a few months he generally only loses to guys on a roll, he appears at almost all PPV's too, also, the fact that WWE.com where making such an issue with his losing streak also tells me that they've got plans for him, the bigger picture as Eric Bischoff would say if any you bunch of idiotic marks would read his twitter Smile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Its bound to be a heel turn isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Think its time Barrett moves up the pecking order.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:14 pm

Agree with Josh the tree of E should def be sticky, the whole concept is to track and chart the progress and order of the roster so making it a main part of the board makes sense.

Josh's definitions seam pretty spot on, maybe there could be a level for legends like the undertaker, rock and Mick Foley who are involved and vital to the 'e' yet not exactly active. They are obviously important but not in the same way as say punk and cena etc

Just a thought

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3