The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tree of TNA

+5
Kay Fabe
Aaronb33
westisbest
Stonee21
Mort
9 posters

Go down

Tree of TNA Empty Tree of TNA

Post by Mort Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

***UPDATE AFTER TURNING POINT****

Level 1 - Vital to the company and PPV headliners with proven drawing ability

Hulk Hogan*
Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
Sting
Samoa Joe
A.J. Styles +1 (Can be called into action to headline a PPV at the last minute. Still one of TNA's top draws)

Level 2 - Important to the top story lines but cannot main event successfully without it being alongside a Level 1 competitor

Abyss
Bobby Roode
James Storm
Ric Flair*
Mr. Anderson
Matt Morgan

Level 3 - Strong upper card / mid carder with regular and logical TV time - appear at all / nearly all PPV's

Bully Ray
Crimson
Jeff Jarrett
Scott Steiner
Austin Aries

Level 4 - Solid mid carder with regular TV time and story lines - appear at most PPV's

D'Angelo Dinero -1 (no PPV appearence and little TV time recently)
Alex Shelley**
Chris Sabin**
Anarquia
Hernandez
Brian Kendrick
Gunner
Christopher Daniels +1 (getting more TV time and becoming a regular at PPVs)

Level 5 - Mid carders who appear on TV most weeks - occasional PPV appearances

Kazarian
Robbie E
Jesse Sorensen
Shannon Moore +1
Jesse Neal +1
Eric Young +1

Level 6 - Superstars / lower card talent who may be put into story lines as enhancement talent

Devon
Douglas Williams
Kid Kash
Rob Terry
Magnus
Jerry Lynn
Garett Bischoff

Level 7 - Superstars / lower card talent with no obvious story line at present, any TV time will be as a jobber

Anthony Nese
Zema Ion
Mark Haskins

* Not full-time wrestler but still big draws
** Inactive

Last edited by Mort on Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Mort

Back to top Go down

Tree of TNA Empty Re: Tree of TNA

Post by Stonee21 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

I personally would move AJ down one as he is obviously not rated highly by Hogan and I think it will be awhile before he starts main eventing again and I would also move Aries up a place, he seems to be one of the only good things to of happened in TNA as of late.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

Magnus is better imo, not saying you're wrong, just think TNA should use him more.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

I'd move Sorenson up. Looks like he's getting the push out of all the X-Div guys, hopefully he'll go over Kash big time.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:32 pm

I think Samoa Joe is actually a proven draw in TNA terms, they did their best PPV numbers while he was the World Champion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

Have made some changes based on feedback.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Nov 2011, 4:57 pm

To be fair Mort, I wasn't really meaning Joe should be moved up, judging on how he has been used in TNA for the last 2+ years at least, I think you where generous enough with him in the second group, I was just responding to the group description and though Joe didn't deserve to be described like that.

My top group as it stands right now would probably look like this

Bobby Roode
Kurt Angle
Jeff Hardy
Mr Anderson
Sting
AJ Styles (only because he's at a point where he can just walk into an M-E)
*Hulk Hogan* (non Wrestler)

Second group

James Storm
Samoa Joe
Crimson
Bully Ray
RVD
Matt Morgan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:04 pm

the-gaffer

Thanks. I'll make more changes if I get more feedback.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:09 pm

I can't agree with stone21 on AJ or a second tier placement, the guys a grandslam champion he's won it all done it and is tna's go to guy, he headline destination x just a couple of months ago. Although he is not being pushed right now I don't think it undermines his importance to the company he will go down in history as TNA's most successful superstar. It would be like placing an active HBK in the wwe tree's second tier just because he isn't involved in the tittle picture. Joe's not receiving a push or been used anywhere near the way he should be yet he's made the top 'branch' based on previous accomplishments and for me AJ is ahead of Joe right now and in terms of his overall career! But hey that's just my opinion!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:13 pm

MtotheC

I'll move AJ back later on.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

MtotheC I am not saying that that is where I rate him but that is definitely where he seems to be in the eyes of the TNA management atm. Hogan is dumping all over him and you can tell AJ certainly isn't happy about it, I mean when was the last time we saw him involved in a decent storyline and not Styles vs Daniels part 117?

Like I said I personally think he is great but Hogan and Eric don't seem to feel the same

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

I enjoyed his feud with Bully Ray to be fair although I was amazed that after Bully Ray put him out of action and one upped him all the time that AJ didn't get the final bi win to end the feud

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 09 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

Have to agree with you on that stone21, the mind boggles why hogan/son of a Bischoff dont rate him, he is one of the best talents to emerge in pro wrestling in modern times. I guess it didn't help that he was coming to the end of his push when they joined and that there was new guys (to the company) such as hardy, Anderson and RVD that they wanted to give the ball to. Although the push of Roode is one of the things I've most enjoyed about the hogan era the mis use of Joe and AJ is a travesty!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

Given the amount of screen time they've had recently, I'd put Roode and Storm in Level 1. They make pretty solid main eventers IMHO.

Judging from his win over Austin Aries (I think) it looks like they're building Jesse Sorenson up for bigger and better things.

Also, Jeff Hardy's only just come back and lost his last match. He'll probably be huge in future but as of now I'd say he's Level 2 at most. I'd also class RVD and Samoa Joe as Level 2ers at most as they don't get that much screen time, commpared to some others.

Of course, that leaves Level 1 looking a tad bare, but then I don't feel TNA has that many established superstars yet. Titles swap hands on a regular basis and the majority of the names seem to come and go from week to week, getting fairly even amounts of screen time...with the exception of Hogan, Sting, Angle and the Beer Money dudes.

Of course, thats just my two cents' worth.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:42 pm

Crimson to level 2, as he's unbeaten and now the feud with Matt Morgan should be good.

I'd have Steiner level 4/5.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 11 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

id leave crimson where he is, he is still new and i rather joe or the other guys in 2nd tier ahead of him, hell i personally find eric young more of a draw.
its a shame Doug williams is where he is. Great wrestler and thought he was a great x division champ.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:47 am

Made some changes after Turning Point which I watched last night.

Still can't move Bobby Roode up to the top tier (even though I rate him very highly) as I don't think he can headline a PPV on his own, at the minute. This might change and if he continues to hold the title, in a month or so he will be tier 1 quality.

AJ gets moved up as he has done it all and showed that he can headline a PPV with very short notice.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 18 Nov 2011, 2:28 pm

I'd still put Matt Morgan in with Crimson at Level 3. Both have only recently returned from injury and are still re-asserting themselves. Again, I expect them both to be major players in future, but they ain't right now.

I've only seen Abyss in the ring once since I started watching (semi) regularly a few months back, so I'd put him at Level 4 at best.

You may also want to drop Gunner down a level as it looks like he could be on his way out.

I wouldn't expect Hogan or Flair to ever fight again, though obviously they're important for their work on the mic and outside the ring. I'd also suggest Sting's painted his face for the last time. He looks to be enjoying his new role and I couldn't see him getting in the ring with any of the newer guys for any reason (of course thats reckoning without TNA's sometimes bizarre storylines).

Agree with moving AJ up though.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Mon 23 Jan 2012, 12:27 pm

Random bumb i know

+2
Zema Ion

+ 1
Jesse sorosen
Devon