The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tree of the 'E

+17
TheUnknownOne.
NickisBHAFC
psycho-gooner
Gregers
Bull
President Trump
Dx Dan.
sodhat
JoshSansom
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
statiksupernova
Buzzman
MIG
ADMIN
theundisputedY2D2
TwisT
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Tree of the 'E Empty The Tree of the 'E

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 11:03

This is a group opinion on how the wwe views its roster (I have not included the Diva's), at the moment, in terms of importance to the company. It is based upon the following criteria:

Level 1 - Vital to the company and PPV headliners with proven drawing ability
Level 2 - Important to the top story lines but cannot main event successfully without it being alongside a Level 1 competitor
Level 3 - Strong upper card / mid carder with regular and logical TV time - appear at all / nearly all PPV's
Level 4 - Solid mid carder with regular TV time and story lines - appear at most PPV's
Level 5 - Mid carders who appear on TV most weeks - occasional PPV appearances
Level 6 - Superstars / lower card talent who may be put into story lines as enhancement talent - get their annual run at the Rumble
Level 7 - Superstars / lower card talent with no obvious story line at present, any TV time will be as a jobber

Based upon current standings, the tree looks like this: (NB:Italics shows inactivity at present).

Level 1: --- HHH --- Cena --- Undertaker --- Orton --- Punk ---

Level 2: --- Nash --- Del Rio --- Miz --- Henry --- Big Show ---

Level 3: --- Mysterio --- Christian --- R Truth --- Sheamus --- Rhodes ---Ziggler ---

Level 4: --- Ryder --- Kane --- Swagger ---

Level 5: --- Bourne --- Kingston --- Otunga --- Bryan --- Sin Cara's --- Barrett ---

Level 6: --- Clay --- Morrison --- Ryan --- Jackson --- Santino --- DiBiase --- Riley ---

Level 7: --- Slater --- Reks --- Tatsu --- Mahal --- Gabriel --- Rest of the Roster ---

Please feel free to comment on standings within the tree. More than 3 votes constitutes a change in standing.

I will be updated the tree based on comments after each PPV. The tree will be based upon the time leading to that PPV in question, and the PPV results itself. Therefore, you can comment at anytime and the opinions will be counted after the PPV in question, and any changes made.

Next Edit will be after: Survivor Series

Last edited by xTwisTx on Wed 9 Nov - 16:07; edited 22 times in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

The Tree of the 'E Empty Re: The Tree of the 'E

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Oct - 11:09

I'm liking this idea xTwisTx OK

I think you should definitely make it a semi-regular feature, updating it every now and again.

Looking at what you've got, the only changes I'd make (apart from TATSU! TATSU! BAH GAWD TATSU! above HHH, Cena and the Undertaker of course Smile ) would be to put Orton on the top row. I'd keep Punk where he is for just now.

I wouldn't have Brodus Clay in where he is - for now - simply because we don't know how he'll be used in the coming weeks/months. It looks pretty good for him so far because he's getting a decent build-up but Mordecai got a decent build-up too.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 11:23

Thinking that if a lot of you feel a position is wrong, then I would edit the original post to fit the majority views, so it would be our own tree rather than just my opinion. For instance if you agree with Y2D2 about Orton, I will move him up.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 21 Oct - 11:28

Miz I would have higher, I would say his stock in WWE is pretty good and he's thought of hugely by the people that matter.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 21 Oct - 11:38

I would have Orton higher and possibly Miz, Christian and Sheamus higher as well?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 11:44

Ok so do you feel Miz, Christian and Sheamus should have their own level?

Because I think they are below the current Level 3's in importance.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Fri 21 Oct - 11:48

Sheamus up a level, Orton up a level and del rio up a level Very Happy Clay should be lower though!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 13:41

EDIT: I have moved Orton, Miz, Sheamus and Rio up a level, and Clay down a level.

Agreement? Or Not?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by statiksupernova Fri 21 Oct - 14:01

shouldnt cole be on this seems as hes wrestled more than taker this year?

statiksupernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 14:35

CM Punk would definitely be level one, main evented the last for PPV's, his merch is out selling Cena and he is in the hottest feud at the momentg with HHH Miz and Truth

I'd also say Miz is level 2 while Del Rio would be fortunate to be level two

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 14:40

EDIT:

That makes Miz two levels up from his partner Truth. I think that's about right. For example I believe that Ziggler is carrying Swagger to a certain extent, hence why I placed him higher.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by statiksupernova Fri 21 Oct - 14:42

mahal and morrison to be swapped seems as mahal is getting a min push and morrison is jobbing to practically everyone

statiksupernova

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 14:45

Has morrison really fallen that far? I mean at least he is still on the flag ship show, even if he is jobbing. Maybe Mahal on the same level, but I don't think you can say Morrison is on the level of Slater yet.

Last edited by xTwisTx on Fri 21 Oct - 14:47; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by statiksupernova Fri 21 Oct - 14:45

when was last time he won a match clean

statiksupernova

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 14:50

Mahal is truly awful, I think Morrion should be level four or five, he is jobbing all over the shop just now but it's in title matches an to World Champions

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 15:00

I agree, mahal isn't of that level now. However in terms of future pushes, one of the criteria i based the original tree on, I can't see where Morrison goes from here.

Every wrestler in the level above morrison has a storyline going on, or at least involved in important matches. Ryder and Otunga are getting screen time. Bryan has cashin in the case to look forward to. Odd one out is Kane. That is why I think morrison is the level below.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 15:04

I wouldn't have Slater in the bottom group - that's ridiculous. You've only done that to wind me up. With Reks and Tatsu - you're having a laugh.

I'd put him and Gabriel in at level 5.

Apart from that I think your tree is quite astute.

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 15:09

Lol I haven't. I truely believe he is that level. He is non existant at the moment and some of the level above him, like Ryan, Clay, Morrison and Jackson have had TV time on the big two shows.

Maybe they deserve a level of their own

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by statiksupernova Fri 21 Oct - 15:09

Reading you opinion I see what you mean now

statiksupernova

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 21 Oct - 15:10

I'd have an exclusive level 9 just for Slater, not even have anyone on level 8 either.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Oct - 15:11

I think that is looking fairly accurate, I would probably have Sheamus a level higher though. His presence alongside HHH, Cena and Punk on the Raw episode would tell me that they see him in that bracket.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 15:12

Possibly - if Slater and Gabriel were in Level 7, and Reks, Tatsu and Co. were in Level 8, I'd reluctantly compromise with you. But personally I'd throw them in Level 6

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 21 Oct - 15:13

I think as others said that Christian should be level three. He has held the WHC twice in the last year and had a long feud with Orton main eventing SmackDown and PPV's for months. His role in the HHH angle was also fairly prominent so I definitely think he is being a little underrated here.

I'd also suggest Kane go up to level four. But that's because he's my favourite.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 15:14

Slater is lucky he made level 7, I see that Gabriel beat him in a pre show dark match, getting ready for the sack me thinks

Smoking spice and attacking female hotel staff over Mania weekend, someone like him offers more problems than his talents worth

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Fri 21 Oct - 15:14

Gabriel should definitely be moved up a level.
Otunga a level above Barrett, really?
Swap them round, or move Barrett up at least.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 15:17

the-gaffer wrote:Slater is lucky he made level 7, I see that Gabriel beat him in a pre show dark match, getting ready for the sack me thinks

Smoking spice and attacking female hotel staff over Mania weekend, someone like him offers more problems than his talents worth

That's probably just the start of a feud isn't it? Gabriel and Slater could have an immense feud over 2 or 3 PPV's given their history together. They were probably testing the waters.

And Wrestlemania was ages ago Gaff, you can't keep harking back to that to Slater-Hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Oct - 15:18

Dx Dan. wrote:Gabriel should definitely be moved up a level.
Otunga a level above Barrett, really?
Swap them round, or move Barrett up at least.

But, this isn't about their abilities, it is about their current status and simply put Otunga has a storyline and Barrett doesn't (at the moment).

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 21 Oct - 15:20

I think if based on this very moment in time then the likes of Taker shouldn't be in it. When they return fair enough but at present it's more likely that Foley, Rock and Jericho will be getting airtime before Taker

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 15:20

I don't hate the guy, he generates nothing bu contempt in me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 15:22

If there is a genuinw gripe with the WWE then I think the answer lies in level one, there is five guys in it and everyone of them has the same major thing in common

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 15:23

Then you need to smoke some Spice, Gaff... whatever that is... and chill out a bit. I've never seen such unreasonable hatred towards what is a fairly innocuous, very talented wrestler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 15:33

I've watched him for probably a bit longer than you, the first time I saw him was about 2007/08 as classy Sebastian Miller, I thought he had potential to make it up to the big leagues, it was obvious he was ripping off Edge, I watched him and for me he's never improved, you might think he's orgasmic, that's your perogative, mines is to way up what I've saw of him over four years and for me he is a diddy who got very lucky

NXT was about getting a couple of people over (Slater wasn't one of them) but thanks to an idea Nexus where born and at least half of NXT, Slater included got a move up to the main roster that was never planned

Danielson, Barrett, Gabriel (for his 450) and Tarver where the guys they wanted to push

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 15:37

Notmany rookies get to go onto main event, live programming like that though - they must have had a lot of faith in Slater to let him be one of the chosen few.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Oct - 15:42

Electric Demon wrote:Notmany rookies get to go onto main event, live programming like that though - they must have had a lot of faith in Slater to let him be one of the chosen few.

To be honest, that was more about the concept of the Nexus rather than any of the individual personnel. He could have been replaced by Ronald McDonald and the outcome would have been the same. There are times when the individual is more important than the gimmick and times when a gimmick is more important than the individual and this is a case of the latter.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 16:02

EDIT:

I have moved Christian up a level. Don't think there is justification, based on general consesus, to move Slater up.

Hero - I understand your point about Taker. Therefore I will place him and Rey in italics, as they are still part of the roster. And even though the Rock, Jericho and Foley might get more airtime soon...they aren't on the roster.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Oct - 16:04

Electric Demon wrote:Then you need to smoke some Spice, Gaff... whatever that is...

What is Spice? Well, it has an active ingredient which is a dangerous psychoactive compound known as dimesmeric andersonphosphate. It stimulates the part of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon. And that's the bit of the brain that deals with time perception. So, a second feels like a month. Well, it almost sounds like fun...unless you're the Prague schoolboy who walked out into the street straight in front of a tram. He thought he'd got a month to cross the street.

One young kiddie on Spice cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a f**king disgrace.

Spice is a made-up drug. It's not made from plants, it's made from chemicals.....by.....sick barstewards.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Oct - 16:06

That sounds serious Y2D2... think I better stick to taking cake ... that sounds safer! Smile

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 16:08

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
One young kiddie on Spice cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a f**king disgrace.

Is that a joke? I can't tell.

Twist - you're just winding me up. There is no justification for Slater and Gabriel to be in with Tatsu and Reks - no justification at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Oct - 16:09

Electric Demon wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

Twist - you're just winding me up. There is no justification for Slater and Gabriel to be in with Tatsu and Reks - no justification at all!

Its a paraphrase from Brass Eye.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 16:12

I thought it must have been due to the scentific impossibility - but I didn't want to put a Laugh in case it was a true story mis-presented

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 16:15

Electric Demon wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

I'm not. If the people feel that Gabriel and Slater should have their own level above Tatsu and Reks etc, then I will do it. However I don't think they deserve, based on airtime, current and possible storylines, to go up to be with those on level 6.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 16:17

Gaffer said they should have their own level above Tatsu and Reks - he said they were just about to start a feud against each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 16:21

No I didn't, are you on spice?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 21 Oct - 16:21

Electric Demon wrote:Gaffer said they should have their own level above Tatsu and Reks - he said they were just about to start a feud against each other.

Shocked I have read his responses and I think the telling thing was he said he was lucky to get Level 7!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 21 Oct - 16:23

I honestly thought it was a joke too Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct - 16:24

Hmm.

It's interesting to see you put Ziggler above Swagger, Bourne, Kingston, Ryder and Ryan - all the people he is currently in a feud with. What is the justification for him being a level higher?

I don't disagree with it - I think he's the best out of that bunch, but should he be higher than them? Is that a potential thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 21 Oct - 16:25

i think Gabrial should be higher his quite talented but wwe dont use him well

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 21 Oct - 16:26

Electric Demon wrote:Gaffer said they should have their own level above Tatsu and Reks - he said they were just about to start a feud against each other.

I think he actually said:

Slater is lucky he made level 7, I see that Gabriel beat him in a pre show dark match, getting ready for the sack me thinks

I suggested a level 9 so on the votes of the majority so far he needs to be moved down.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Oct - 16:29

Ziggler, God yes, Dolph Ziggler is on course for a move up to a main event run, he is well higher up than Swagger, Bourne and Kingston, his promo's have been excellent and it looks like he's going to get a feud with Cena over Christmas and New Year and probably a place in the RAW Chamber

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 21 Oct - 16:31

i agree with gaffer on Ziggler

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next