The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta rumor

5 posters

Go down

hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta  rumor  Empty hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta rumor

Post by Fernando Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

Nico Hulkenberg signed a contract this week to race with the Force India team in 2012, according to reports.

The 24-year-old made a promising grand prix debut in 2010, culminating in pole position in Brazil, but he was replaced by Williams with the well-backed Pastor Maldonado ostensibly for financial reasons.

Germany's motorsport-total.com reports that the German, who has been Force India's reserve and Friday practice driver in 2011, will make his return to racing in 2012, replacing his experienced countryman Adrian Sutil.

The report said Hulkenberg has inked a one-year deal with an option for 2013.

"We will make no comment on the driver issue until the team makes a statement," his manager Timo Gans is quoted by SID news agency.

"Already the current contract includes an option, so either way a new contract does not need to be signed," he added.

Team boss Vijay Mallya has said he will not announce Force India's next driver lineup until December.

Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann therefore denies that Hulkenberg will definitely be Paul di Resta's new teammate in 2012.

"That is not right. The team - Vijay Mallya and Rob Fernley - confirmed yesterday that this is a rumour in the press and not the truth," he insisted.

"We are in negotiations with the team," added Sutil's manager. "When they are concluded I cannot say, but we certainly will not wait until December the fifteenth."

source: motorsport

Who would you choose for the F.I 2012 seats?

Last edited by fernando on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta  rumor  Empty Re: hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta rumor

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

Di Resta and Sutil. Sutil is more experienced and is a given in the team. Ok, he's not spectacular, but he's solid and consistent.

Di Resta hasn't done anything wrong. Would Hulkenberg have scored many more points than him? I really doubt it.

I do feel sorry for Hulkenberg though. I know Maldonado was GP2 champion and came with oodles of cash last year but he shouldn't have replaced Nico.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta  rumor  Empty Re: hulk signs for F.I for 2012? where does it leave Di Resta rumor

Post by Fernando Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

I didn't really rate Hulkenburg that highly to be honest after all the promise he has outside F1 he never really lived up to that and F1 is a brutal sport if you don't perform you get axed and that's what happened at Williams

I actually think Pastor has great potential for F1 apart from his bucket of money.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

Seriously the title of the topic is wrong as there is no way Di Resta is getting dropped, although I fully expect Paul to join Mercedes in 2013. I think Hulkenburg is lucky to get this seat, however he will jump into a relatively strong Force India car next year, seeing as they are fully commited to succeeding and have recently increased their financial power. Sutil will clearly sign for Williams now alongside Maldonando and his mountain of cash. I think the Williams/Kimi deal is dead for another year, although I fully expect a host of drivers coming out of the woodwork this time next year including Kimi all wanting the Mark Webber/Red Bull seat in 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 21 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

What about a move to Mercedes Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:11 pm

This cant be right, Di Resta has done brilliantly - for his first year especially.

AND i thought Mercedes only wanted a German driver line up?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

Di Resta will get a seat no doubt

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

Yea it's a bit of a misleading title, the general consensus is Di Resta would be the one stayed alongside Hulkenburg. Who in my opinion was very average last season, certainly no worse than Maldonado has been in comparison to Rubens.

My hunch would be Hulkenburg to drive alongside Di Resta next season with Sutil going to Williams, perhaps beside Raikkonen though how they could afford his massive salary i've no idea.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

Red Bull - Vettel/Webber
Ferrari - Alonso/ that brazilian guy who is damn right awful
Mclaren - Hamilton/Button
Renault - Kubica/ toss of a coin between Senna/Petrov (financial backing will decide)
Mercedes - Schumacher/Rosberg - Di Resta to replace Schumacher 2013
Force India - Di Resta/Hulkenberg
Sauber - Kobayashi/Perez
Williams - Maldonado/Sutil
Toro Rosso - Alguersuari/Buemi (Riccardo hasnt impressed me enough for this seat, although HRT are shocking)

Not major changes for next season, however 2013 will lead to a major shakeup in my opinion with a seat available at Red Bull in replacing Webber, Di Resta joining Mercedes, Raikkonen re-entering the sport, Massa leaving Ferrari with Kubica possibly joining the Italian outfit. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:05 pm

I can't see Kubica and Alonso together. I think Kubica is right up there with Alonso and Hamilton on his day and we all know how Alonso and Hamilton got on together. Fact is Alonso, for all his talent, can't handle a competitive team mate.

I can see Di Resta at Mercedes actually. I know they love the all German thing but I don't think Schumacher will stay on after his contract. The Kimi to Red Bull rumour is a strange one. Yes, it would be interesting, but he's been quite petulant in the past and I don't know if Christian Horner will like that. Good racer though.

I can see HRT folding shortly. They are truly dreadful. The only think Ricciardo could do in it is do better than Liuzzi, which he probably will do, if he's not already doing it now. If Buemi's results don't improve he could be replaced. I think Alguersuari's done just about enough this season to keep his seat.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

Yer agree, the Kubica situation though is interesting. The major point to make is that Fernando Alonso & Robert Kubica are 'great friends'. It's no secret that before his crash he was being lined up to replace Massa at Ferrari. I know Alonso has history with competitive teammates but if Kubica has lost none of his racing ability and speed then he will no doubt wish to leave Renault and forge a career at a championship contending team before he gets the wrong side of 30.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Forget Kimi, Kubica in a Red Bull would be a terrifying sight to behold!!

If they're good friends (Alonso and Kubica) then it might work, but since when did Alonso have friends? Very Happy

I think Kubica could do with at least 1 season at Renault before he moves on, if he does. It wouldn't be wise to fling him into a decent car and expect him to win races immediately.

Related to this topic, if it's Di Resta and Hulkenberg, where does Sutil go? As I said, he's consistent if not spectacular, he's a better version of Heidfeld. I could see him being McLaren's 3rd driver seeing him and Lewis get on well.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

Kubica may not even return next season. But if he did.. if Alonso and Kubica are good friends it may work. I think part of the problems between Lewis and Fernando was a) Lewis was the new boy and b) he was Mclarens prodigcal driver.

Kubica is neither the new boy in HIS own team as it were. Im not saying there wouldnt be issues, especially if Kubica was able to match Fernando, but it certainly dont think it will be as intense.

As for Mercedes, i really cant see Di Resta moving there, i thnk he'll be happy at FI and will stay there for another season. Also really cant see Sutil going to Williams unless its a forced move - it would be a step backwards imo. Though i could see Sutil going to Mercedes, i dont think we've seen Sutils full potential.

As much as id like it, i dont think Kimi will come back to F1

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

It was Alonso who was the first F1 driver to be at Kubica's bedside after his initial operation after the crash. Alonso also cancelled the rest of his holiday to rush to Kubica's location upon hearing of the crash. They are great friends who have raced together through Karting and other racing formula, they also are 'poker' buddies. . They are great friends and I think Ferrari wouldnt hesitate to make this partnership a reality. There's no way Red Bull will ever put a competitive, young racer in the mould of Hamilton or Kubica along Vettel. They have built that team into a force in F1 and have single handely nurtured Vettel through their young driver program to dominate F1. There is no way they will jeopardise the success of Seb or the 'untouchable' reputation he has created with a driver who is more competitive than Webber. I expect Sutil to join Williams alongside Maldonado, especially after that visit to their factory. Kimi could turn up at anytime and/or anywhere...thats the unpredictable nature of Kimi, although if there's no post-race ice creams on offer then I doubt he will sign.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

Sutil to Mercedes... that's a good call!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 22 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

I doubt that would happen if he's getting matched and beaten by a rookie. I've always thought he was a good driver but maybe not one of the very top ones, as Fisichella was often better than him and he was hardly anything great.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down