The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul di Resta gets his first point....

+3
Mad for Chelsea
Slyboogy
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
7 posters

Go down

Paul di Resta gets his first point.... Empty Paul di Resta gets his first point....

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sun 27 Mar 2011, 5:57 pm

... in his first race. Not bad, huh? Paul di Resta gets his first point.... 732107

He had a fairly solid race, and looks a good driver for the future. OK, he benefited from the Sauber DQ today, but he deserves credit for easily keeping up with Sutil. Sergio Perez looks decent, too, despite his back wing being dodgy.

We only saw Maldonado for 9 laps today, and it's early days, but really, what were Williams thinking replacing Hulkenberg with him?! Paul di Resta gets his first point.... 56390

Any other drivers really stand out for you today?

Back to top Go down

Paul di Resta gets his first point.... Empty Re: Paul di Resta gets his first point....

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011, 6:18 pm

Perez stood out for me. An excellent show of tyre management with only one pit stop. Petrov was solid, Hamilton handled his broken floor well and Vettel showed the speed of the Red Bull without even having KERS on his car.

Back to top Go down

Paul di Resta gets his first point.... Empty Re: Paul di Resta gets his first point....

Post by Slyboogy Sun 27 Mar 2011, 6:31 pm

Petrov is worth a mention...don't know how quick the actual car is. But he got it up there nevertheless

Slyboogy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 27 Mar 2011, 6:58 pm

Perez did very well considering it was his first start, getting through the race with just one tyre change is impressive. Di Resta was solid if unspectacular, and Petrov drove very nicely to get third.

The top two were a cut above the field, and it seemed to me that before his problems Hamilton was more or less able to keep up with Vettel once his tyres had heated, but he lost upto two seconds a lap for the first couple of laps each time. Of course Vettel may have been cruising round slightly... He was certainly impressive throughout and produced a nice move to overtake Button. Hamilton managed his damaged car well and should be delighted with second place.

Mixed bag for Alonso and Button. Alonso had a poor start and recovered pretty well, without producing anything particularly outstanding. Button had a dodgy start and struggled to pass Massa which landed him a penalty. His race pace was good though and he produced some nice moves to battle back to sixth.

Disapointments were Webber, well off the pace (Hamilton was much quicker than him), Massa who looked really slow out on track, and Barichello who had a bit of a mare.

Another interesting point is that the "n°1" drivers from the top three teams (RBR, Ferrari and McLaren) seem much quicker than their teammates, Webber and Button finished four places below their teammates, while Massa finished five places lower than Alonso (though he picked up a couple of places when the Saubers were DQed).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Mon 28 Mar 2011, 6:52 am

Paul di Resta did a solid job; exactly as planned. - Rather fortunate to benefit from Sauber's double disqualification though…

Speaking of he Sauber's: I don't believe we saw the full potential from Kobayashi, who is clearly very concerned with the tragic events in his country. But this takes nothing away from the scintillating début performance by Sergio Perez. - That drive was nothing short of stunning with just one stop from these tyres!

Peter Sauber must be very very pleased with his driver line-up, which could (perhaps should) bear fruit in the long term.

©

Last edited by cosicave on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 28 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

Kobayashi must surely be catching the attention of the 'bigger' teams now mustn't he?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:01 pm

Gregers wrote:Kobayashi must surely be catching the attention of the 'bigger' teams now mustn't he?

Absolutely. Having said that, this drive was not one of his best; particularly when one bears in mind that he was beaten by a rookie on his début drive!

However, it was pretty clear that Koby's focus was not entirely without distraction this time, which I think all concerned find quite understandable.
cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Wed 30 Mar 2011, 10:31 pm

Gregers wrote:Kobayashi must surely be catching the attention of the 'bigger' teams now mustn't he?

Question is though, does he have the cash behind him? Look at what a lack of it does for the likes of Hulkenberg. I'm assuming that's the only reason Williams got rid.

A lot of these guys tend to get in on how much sponsorship they have rather than actual talent these days, but it's nice to see Sauber bucking the trend; looks like it could be a solid line-up he's got.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 31 Mar 2011, 9:37 am

Paul Di Resta did well, probably more than was expected of him at this stage of his F1 career, obviously gaining a point is the icing on the cake even if it came through others' misfortune.

Sergio Perez looked excellent, think Jenson's got a new rival in the 'tyre management' stakes! He must be absolutely gutted with the disqualification but it bodes well for the future. Hopefully Kobayashi will be more like his old self soon, but it's understandable that his mind might be elsewhere just now.

Rubens had one of those days where he looks like he has no idea of the concept of a Formula 1 car or racing in general! When it goes wrong for him it's never just one thing, it's usually a spectacular series of unfortunate events! I have to admit that even though I'm a huge Rubens fan, it is kind of fun to watch him trying to recover from a mistake or catch up with a pack, you can almost see the red mist descend and you can imagine him belting around the track whooping and hollering as he attempts to rectify the situation Smile

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

THIS_IS_THE_NEWS wrote:
Question is though, does he have the cash
behind him? Look at what a lack of it does for the likes of Hulkenberg.
I'm assuming that's the only reason Williams got rid. …

I don't fully agree with this. Hulkenberg did not impress me enough for
me to feel he warranted another season. Quite a number of mistakes and
not enough quality to cut it with the big boys. Not as reckless as Ralf
Scumacher but similarly inconsistent with his feedback and personal
performances.

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Paul Di Resta did well, probably more than was expected of him at this stage of his F1 career, obviously gaining a point is the icing on the cake even if it came through others' misfortune.

Sergio Perez looked excellent, think Jenson's got a new rival in the 'tyre management' stakes! He must be absolutely gutted with the disqualification but it bodes well for the future. Hopefully Kobayashi will be more like his old self soon, but it's understandable that his mind might be elsewhere just now.

Rubens had one of those days where he looks like he has no idea of the concept of a Formula 1 car or racing in general! When it goes wrong for him it's never just one thing, it's usually a spectacular series of unfortunate events! I have to admit that even though I'm a huge Rubens fan, it is kind of fun to watch him trying to recover from a mistake or catch up with a pack, you can almost see the red mist descend and you can imagine him belting around the track whooping and hollering as he attempts to rectify the situation Smile

Yes, I'd agree with all of this.

Re: Barrichello
He sometimes allows emotion to get in the way of his considerable ability, which interferes with his concentration.
cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramxel Thu 31 Mar 2011, 1:05 pm

It was nice to see Di Resta score some points, i'm sure he (and me for that matter) would have preferred to do so based soley on his merit rather than the misforunte of others.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see more of a "killer instinct" in button as well, last season he seemed far too gentlemanly and this i felt contributed to his lacklustre performance. I hope we see more of this, this season as well.

Kramxel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down