The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Di Resta Hamilton Snr Split

3 posters

Go down

Di Resta Hamilton Snr Split Empty Di Resta Hamilton Snr Split

Post by Critical_mass Thu 02 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Paul di Resta's split with Anthony Hamilton has taken a turn for the worse after the latter filed a case for 'wrongful termination' and 'loss of earnings.'

The Scot and his manager, who is also the father of Lewis Hamilton, parted ways earlier this season although neither was willing at the time to give an explanation.

"I think everything's been said that had to be said. I'll confirm we're not working together," di Resta said in early July.

Asked to expand on that the Scot said: "I think it's been reported that we're no longer working together and that is the matter at the moment."

However, the dispute is now set to go public after Hamilton reportedly brought a case of "wrongful termination of contract and loss of earnings."

According to the Daily Telegraph, di Resta responded with defence papers in which he "alleges that he dismissed Hamilton after learning he had been misled over a multi-million pound deal with the Energy Drink company Go Fast, which never came to fruition."

The newspaper states that the Force India driver alleges that "he took the deal, set up by his friend Jordan Wise and worth €5.5 million (£4.3 million) less commission, to his former manager late last year."

"Hamilton allegedly said it would make sense to buy Di Resta's sports drink rights from Force India so that they could proceed with the deal, telling the 26-year-old they were worth €2 million (£1.56 million). After hearing nothing for some time, Di Resta allegedly went to his team at the Chinese Grand Prix earlier this year to ask them what the situation was.

"Force India allegedly told him that the rights were worth only €1 million (£800,000). At this point, Di Resta allegedly decided to terminate his contract with Hamilton."

----------------------

Planet-F1.com

Hopefully this will mean Anthony Hamilton will be returning to manage his son again. Thats what i want to see...

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Di Resta Hamilton Snr Split Empty Re: Di Resta Hamilton Snr Split

Post by monty junior Thu 02 Aug 2012, 11:54 pm

Paul should have went for someone with experience in the first place, Anthony is not a manager and does not know F1 enough to get talented young drivers in to top teams. Frankly if he messed up a 5 million deal then he's right to get the chop.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:06 am

The important part you said was "IF".

I think the split is due to Hamilton estimating the deal to be worth 5 million and the team 1 million. Sounds like he's sacked him for guess the worth of a deal and the team disagreeing with it.

I think Anthony knows enough about racing and team etc to manage someone. He's looked after lewis since karting and even in F1 so i think he'll have picked up some skill / knowledge.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

i would like to see anthony manage lewis again, lewis appeared to lose his way a little after they split. it can only help lewis i suppose especially as lewis is talking up his WC hopes again !!

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 07 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

daraghj82 wrote:
i would like to see anthony manage lewis again, lewis appeared to lose his way a little after they split. it can only help lewis i suppose especially as lewis is talking up his WC hopes again !!

Yes, them splitting seemed to rock the boat some what.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down