The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI

5 posters

Go down

Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI Empty Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

Sahara Force India have announced reserve driver Nico Hulkenberg will step up to join Scotland's Paul di Resta in their 2012 team.

Hulkenberg, 24, will replace German compatriot Adrian Sutil, who has been tipped to join Williams.

The Silverstone-based team tweeted: "It's official! One of the most exciting pairings on the grid."

Di Resta enjoyed a promising debut season as Force India finished sixth in the 2011 Constructors' Championship.

It seems to be stupid season in f1 Alguersuari replaced at Toro Rosso by a worse driver in Ricciardo got outpaced by Liuzzi and now Sutil being replaced at FI by a worse driver in hulkenburg never been impressed by him.

Source:bbc

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI Empty Re: Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

Relatively old news if your a serious F1 fan, Hulkenberg's had been practically giving it away at Brazil and ever since. I Must admit these changes are strange but they cannot be judged as good or bad decisions until next season. Would be a shame to lose Sutil, however a Williams seat must surely be his now. The driver market has been relatively exciting, even though its been dominated by mid-to-lower ranked teams. I can't wait for this time next year when there is a possibility of driver changes at Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari & Mercedes in respective of Webber, Hamilton, Massa & Schumacher's futures. Also don't rule out Kubica!

Back to top Go down

Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI Empty Re: Di Resta and Hulkenburg confirmed at Sahara FI

Post by The Special Juan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

No, we can't rule out Kubica, but it will take him at least one full season to get back up to speed. Then again, he is a great talent so it might be quicker than that.

Hamilton will not leave McLaren. Even said himself he wanted a long-term contract. Webber will probably be booted out at some point, same with Massa. Schumacher's fate will be in his own hands. Would you fire him? Even though he's not what he was, his experience and know-how is still pretty valuable.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:05 pm

Worst kept secret in Formula One has been confirmed! feel a little gutted for Sutil..was a great servant for that team and I feel Mallya was a bit disrespectful towards Adrian. Lets not forget, Kovalainen has managed to save his career with a step back so if Adrian were to go somewhere like HRT, he could salvage his career. However I see him being confirmed at Williams pretty soon.

Good move for Hulkenburg, would be nice seeing him back. Would like to see how he has developed with a year on the sidelines, sure he and paul are going to have a enormous battle in 2012

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm

yeah happy to see the Hulk get a seat as well as Paul , suprised though Sutil did not get a seat so that leaves..??

Sutil

Rubens

Senna

Petrov

Buemi

Alguersauri

for the seat at Williams and the back markers by the look of things

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Dec 2011, 2:40 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:suprised though Sutil did not get a seat

I think Hulkenberg deserved another opportunity, however keeping Di Resta has allowed Force India to continue using Engines & the Mercedes KERS power sytem, which for other teams apparently costs £5m! Sutil was in a lose/lose situation in my opinion at FI and he looks Williams bound.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:56 pm

At first glance, it looks like they're replacing one average driver with another. Can't see it making much of a difference, to be honest.

That said I think Sutil could still do a job for someone...Williams, Virgin, HRT or even Caterham (assuming they get rid of Trulli).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down