The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
Notch
Pal Joey
rhino-dragon
Mick(TEFC)
MBTGOG
Ozzy3213
littleswannygirl
WillyGilly
red_stag
Cari
Suspicious lurker
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cymroglan
Mrs Penfro
MrsP
KiaRose
Hound_of_Harrow
Thomond
prop_lyd
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
Rava
Glas a du
perthshirepuma
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Gibson
Mickado
31 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the life size photo of Thierry Dusautoir.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Pāparakāuta tawhito/Hen dafarn/Old pub:https://www.606v2.com/t16660p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#616819

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:07 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Nice to be back home

Hope you had a lovely chilled time Cymro. Welcome back pal. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:07 pm

When do they use the World Ranking points to decide on the seedings for the next RWC?

If it is some time away then it might not have any material consequences, no?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

That does make sense I suppose. Erm

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

Crikey they're showing the floods in Dublin on the news. It looks absolutely horrendous. It's at times like this I'm glad I live at the top of a hill.

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:10 pm

Gibson wrote:
Mrs Penfro wrote:How on earth can we finish 4th in the world cup and end up dropping in the rankings? It just doesn't make sense to me. We beat Ireland and you went up! Where's the logic in that?

I don't want an explanation, I just don't understand it Headscratch chin

Logic is MrsPenfro, we lost one game. Ye lost 3. Ya cant bate failure for moving up the table.

But we got to a 1/2 final running over you boyos in the process raspberry
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:11 pm

Cheers Mr G OK

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Wow, what a stunning sunset over the Somerset Levels. A bright orange sun cutting through the mist. Ethereal.

Thunder and heavy heavy rain on tother sid eof Mendip Hound

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

MrsP wrote:When do they use the World Ranking points to decide on the seedings for the next RWC?

Next year some point, I believe, so we better pull the finger out damn quick - need a good run in the 6Ns Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
MrsP wrote:When do they use the World Ranking points to decide on the seedings for the next RWC?

Next year some point, I believe, so we better pull the finger out damn quick - need a good run in the 6Ns Braveheart

laughing laughing laughing laughing

You know how to crack jokes!!

Run

Last edited by prop_lyd on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

Me too MrsPenfro.

Dinnertime!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

two peole have died in the floods in Ireland - a Garda who got out of his car to warn other motorists and a woman in a basement. RIP.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

Are you going to invest in the gold mine in Scotland Asbo? Apparently they're going to reopen one in the national park?

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

Supper calls Run

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

I think Notch said it and I agree. They should decide the rankings 3/6 months out from the RWC. Not next year. Thats where they make their mistake imo.

So much can change in 3 years. I mean. We'll be rid of Kidney by then and Home Free.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

+1, Kia.

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

Stop doubling the ranking points awarded/lost at the RWC and award points bssed on where teams finish.

The seedings are done early so that the IRB can sort out schedules I believe. It also gives teams plenty of time to sort out hotels and training facilities. Summat like that...

Headscratch

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:25 pm

Stop doubling the ranking points awarded/lost at the RWC and award points bssed on where teams finish.

The seedings are done early so that the IRB can sort out schedules I believe. It also gives teams plenty of time to sort out hotels and training facilities. Summat like that...

Headscratch

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

I can understand that Hound. It takes massive and coordinated organisation. For both the Host and the individual teams. So how about a year/18 months before? Surely, even the IRB could manage that? Maybe not. Maybe that the problem?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:36 pm

I've never understood the argument that we need a better seeding because that makes it easier to get out of our group, because if you are hood enough to be seeded higher you should qualify easier no? It's a circular argument.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

I suppose the lower your ranking the more "good" teams you are likely to face.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

Mrs Penfro wrote:Are you going to invest in the gold mine in Scotland Asbo? Apparently they're going to reopen one in the national park?
No, don't think they'll take chocolate buttons which is my currency of choice at the moment. Oddly the geologist behind it is my one of my ex-father-in-laws!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:11 pm

The simple fact of it all is, Wales didn't beat anyone ranked above them in the tournament, we did, simples
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

Hugh, were Ireland ahead of Wales at the time? I think they might have been.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

Is it worth destroying a beautiful area, in order to pick up a measly 200 mill?

I thought you would be going beserk when I saw it on the BEEB, As.

In its defence, they reckon it will help a dying Town thrive again.

Still.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

The simple fact of it all is, Wales didn't beat anyone ranked above them in the tournament, we did, simples
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:14 pm

hughie1986 wrote:The simple fact of it all is, Wales didn't beat anyone ranked above them in the tournament, we did, simples

I'm agreeing with you Hughie whether you are correct or not.

Asbo, serious question Wink . Are Scotland in danger of having to play 4 games in 16 days at the next WC, including mid-week games along with the rest of the emerging nations?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:16 pm

Storee Regs. Wet ain't it?

Some light relief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNgQTrv6pE&feature=share
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

Gibson wrote:Is it worth destroying a beautiful area, in order to pick up a measly 200 mill?

I thought you would be going beserk when I saw it on the BEEB, As.

In its defence, they reckon it will help a dying Town thrive again.

Still.
It's swings and roundabouts, Gib, the locals seem largely in favour given what it'll do for their community. I can only hope that the company is forced to put it all back as close to how they found it when they're finished digging OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:21 pm

Rava wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:The simple fact of it all is, Wales didn't beat anyone ranked above them in the tournament, we did, simples

I'm agreeing with you Hughie whether you are correct or not.

Asbo, serious question Wink . Are Scotland in danger of having to play 4 games in 16 days at the next WC, including mid-week games along with the rest of the emerging nations?
I reckon, Rav, we just might be furious Ale Yikes Ale zen

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:22 pm

Ireland were above Wales when they lost in the QF OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

Hugh has gone very quiet. He hates getting caught!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

Fair enough pal. I heard they had stringent controls in place, as part of the plan. Hope its adhered to. Love to get up to the Highlands someday. Ale

I see poor ol BP only made $5.14 Billion profit last quarter. Disaster! Wink

Hoi Rav & Huggie. guinness Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:32 pm

Gibson wrote:Fair enough pal. I heard they had stringent controls in place, as part of the plan. Hope its adhered to. Love to get up to the Highlands someday. Ale

My gut reaction would be similar to yours, my friend, but I think the folks closest to it and most affected should have the greatest say OK

guinness guinness

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:32 pm

Thomond,

It looks like you and I have arrived in the middle of the old folks convention!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

Whoever heard of a mining company leaving things as they found them?

There's the remnants of a mine in Wickow which has water leeching (leaching?) into the wayer table and it is highly toxic ... To be fair this was 19th century mining but even so.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

Hugs,
Get up outta dat
Ya impertinent brat

And let aul MrsP sit dowen! coffee

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to convert to Dublinese)
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:35 pm

MrsP, wouldn't be the first time in here. Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:37 pm

This is spooking me.

The last couple of times I have popped in here for a quiet lurk in the corner, the banner ad along the top has been advertising flights from London to Stockholm. How do I tell them to feic off - I have bought my tickets.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Gibson wrote:Fair enough pal. I heard they had stringent controls in place, as part of the plan. Hope its adhered to. Love to get up to the Highlands someday. Ale

My gut reaction would be similar to yours, my friend, but I think the folks closest to it and most affected should have the greatest say OK

guinness guinness

I agree. AsLongAsAtLeast100ofthem have been properly informed.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

I was just about to make the aul dears some cocoa.

How are you doing, gents?

Getting cold again, isn't it?

I said,

GETTING COLD AGAIN, ISN'T IT?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

KiaRose wrote:This is spooking me.

The last couple of times I have popped in here for a quiet lurk in the corner, the banner ad along the top has been advertising flights from London to Stockholm. How do I tell them to feic off - I have bought my tickets.

Welcome to Big Bruvver Kia. It knows that. It knows everything you do online. It has a profile of everything you do on the T'Internet.

More spooked now? RedWine
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:44 pm

Whist up the lot of ye, I'm trying to listen to the music box
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:49 pm

Ah sorry Hugs. Its all deese aulwans comin in from a hard days shoppin and yatterin on.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

When are you going to Stockholm Kia?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

My new girlfriend lets me lick anything off her and I love it.

Butter, jam, cheese, you name it she lets me lick it off her.

She's a cracker.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:52 pm

Marmite too?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Where's me cocoa?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

I was perfectly happy in Mississippi,
Then Mr Sippi came back early from a Flip business trip
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

It's scientifilly proven that too many birthdays can kill
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 25 Oct 2011, 7:55 pm

coffee

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next