The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28

+19
crippledtart
talkingpoint
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
bretmeharty
101%
longrangeeffort
Mr H
Crimey
Mister
liverbnz
Samo
robbo277
Kay Fabe
Stonee21
TwisT
The Best in the World
NickisBHAFC
TopoftheChops
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28 - Page 2 Empty Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 25 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets hear all of your predictions and also how the fued will build up.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28

Post by talkingpoint Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:26 pm

I for one have no problem with Punk taking the Streak purely because I'm a Punk mark and would love to see one of my favourite wrestlers take the Streak. However, I want Punk to turn face (in the anti-hero mould) and as there's no way Taker will turn heel, especially not for Mania I don't want Punk to be turned heel again. I also think the storyline would have to be water tight about Punk's reasons for facing Taker and at the moment I just can't see the logic in a feud between them.

Sheamus could take the Streak - he could use the simple angle of wanting to challenge one of the greatest wrestlers of all time with the greatest streak of all time because of his proud celtic warrior tradition. He wants to push himself to become the greatest Celtic warrior of all time and secure his legacy in the WWE forever. As long as they continue to build him up - going over credible upper mid carders or even main eventers then they could easily put together a very convincing vignette of Sheamus as a serious contender and threat to Taker's streak and they would have the added bonus of fan investment as Sheamus grows as a draw.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do you think will face the Undertaker at WM 28

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:02 pm

The only way I'd see a Punk/Taker program working would be Punk dropping Pipe bombs again like he did in the Summer and talk about how Taker went cap 'n' hand to Vince about how Punk doesn't carry himself as a Champion but that would be blurring the lines again and possibly even worse than inthe Summer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Rey and Sin Cara have been pencilled in if Rey is fit but I doubt either will be heel, the WWE are looking at getting in the Guinness Book of records by having the most people with masks on in one arena and they think Rey/Cara could be the best way to do that

Seriously??? Just give out free masks to everyone at a raw if there that bothered! What's the record? Some baseball game or The Mexician Football team?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Nov 2011, 11:29 pm

I've got no idea what the record is, I'm not sure if they can just hand out masks if it's an official record attempt

Mania is usually a 60,000+ type of attendance though so I doubt they could just do it at raw

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:18 am

Rey v Cara would be a Botchamania spotfest at its finest.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

Perhaps they will sell the mask's with no eyeholes in that case.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

the-gaffer wrote:No offence but that card absoluely sucks, you've made what could b a great WrestleMania and turned it into a one match show

Rock/Cena - WWE Title
Punk/HHH
Taker/Jericho
Orton vs Miz vs Bryan - WHC
ADR/Sheamus
Rey/Sin Cara
Ziggler/Rhodes - IC/US Title Unification

Perhaps I ought to re-word that- it's not really what I think SHOULD happen, but more what I think WILL happen (except maybe the triple threat). I agree that Kane/Taker and HHH/Nash would be terrible, but I can see WWE going with them, especially if it's Taker's last Mania. I'd add Rey/Sin Cara to my card as well. By the way, I think Del Rio/Sheamus would be terrible, I quite like Del Rio but am not really a fan of a Sheamus, wasn't keen on him as a heel and, while I prefer him slightly now, I'm still not entirely convinced.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 07 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

Ok I've given this some thought and think the following promo would be amazing!

Sheamus comes to the ring with a microphone and begins to speak; he says how he joined the WWE to prove himself as the greatest Celtic Warrior of all time. He explains that he is a former X2 WWE champion, US champion, Break out superstar of the year winner and KOTR. He says that one day he wants to become WHC champion but that he knows he can earn a title shot at any time because he is the most dominant force in all of the WWE. However, there is one accolade that can only be achieved on the Grandest Stage of them all and that is being the One to end Taker's Streak. He says that once he defeats the Undertaker at WM he will automatically become the greatest Superstar of all time and so he challenges Taker to a match. Sheamus says that he wants to make his ancestors proud and that means he has to prove himself against the toughest opponent the WWE has to offer.

Suddenly the gong sounds and the lights dim as Taker's music hits. Slowly, deathly Taker makes his way to the ring and summons the lights to come back on. Taker gets in the ring and responds to Sheamus' challenge. Taker explains how he respects Sheamus' achievements but that many great WWE champions have tried - and failed - to defeat him at WM and that he would be no different. He says that many times he has died and risen again; that once his power came from Paul Bearer's urn but now his power comes from WM itself! The Undertaker explains how the essence of WM is what strengthens him and that as long as WM lives his Streak will never end. Then Taker looks coldly into Sheamus' eyes and says just like his ancestors at WM28 Sheamus will rest. in. peace.

The two men have an intense staredown before Taker ghostly makes his way back up the ramp. Sheamus watches as the Undertaker exits the arena when Taker pauses at the top of the ramp, turns his torso and raises his right arm. A wry smile spreads across Sheamus' face as he savours the prospect of facing Taker at Mania.

The next week Sheamus returns to say that he wasn't intimidated by the Undertaker's threat the previous week. He says that Taker is not the only one who can draw upon higher powers at WM and that the spirit of his people lives inside of him - that come WM he will call upon the proud warrior tradition of his people and prove to the world once and for all that the Undertaker is indeed mortal. He says how no one expected him to put John Cena through a table and become the WWE champion but he did. He says that he will shock the WWE universe again at WM28.

Then from the titontron a vignette plays of Taker with a hammer and chisel, he is sculpting a piece of stone. With every bang on his hammer there is a flash back to one of his 19 victories each time the moment of impact when he tombstone's his opponents. Taker moves outside of his cabin to a freshly dug open grave with his monks all in dark robes lowering a coffin into the grave. Then Taker produces the tombstone in the shape of a Celtic cross with the words RIP on it. The camera fixes on the tombstone over the grave before fading to black with the date of WM28 appearing in gothic font.

Sheamus looks disturbed by the video trying to compose himself before summoning the strength to laugh and nods in respect for the Undertaker.

What do you think? I'm not a great booker but that all looked pretty cool in my head as I imagined it. Very Happy

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2