The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourtie poster from 606

+18
SAHARA STALLION
lydian
sportslover
Marcus
Tenez
mthierry
bradman99.94
time please
polished_man
carrieg4
barrystar
JuliusHMarx
bogbrush
legendkillar
Mad for Chelsea
laverfan
Positively 4th Street
wow
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Favourtie poster from 606 - Page 2 Empty Favourtie poster from 606

Post by wow Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

As there is not much significant tennis activity going on at the moment and as per tenez this forum is going downhill, so I thought of posting this lighthearted post.

We all have (most of us) come from 606. This is the version 2 of 606. Pretty much everything similar but we cannot rate the posts here. I remember that CP, UE were jostling for the one star ratings.

I really liked Duggie from 606, initially I had a tiff with him but later I realised that he was a very sound and logical poster. I too had mu shares of arguments and discord on 606 but it was fun. Although tenez did do a post on 606 pseudo but the new members are not aware of it. If the new members who are not using the same pseudo from 606, they can also take this opportunity to let us know about their past Smile

Share your thoughts please. Long live the 606 community.!

wow

Back to top Go down

Favourtie poster from 606 - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourtie poster from 606

Post by legendkillar Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey TP,

Where have you been hiding???? kiss

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:51 pm

wow wrote:I agree with emancipator that you didn't chase those posters but Tenez there must be something wrong that u got banned at all the sites except this one

Cp was a wum and very annoying one

stop it wow - you are responding to someone else's assertion about Tenez - you can't just go around throwing accusations when you have no proof and you weren't involved in the argument (if there was one) on another forum.

There is definitely something wrong here, that so many presumed adults think it is acceptable to 'gang up' on one poster in this fashion.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm

legendkillar wrote:Hey TP,

Underneath piles and piles of work (and piles of ironing too!) - threads have got very lively since last visit Wink

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:If opinions are balanced, that doesn't necessarily mean a poster is trying to please all sides.

Did you recoginise yourself there, JHM? Wink

What do you mean by balanced? Sitting between Fed and Nadal? liking both? Saying both are physical and talented players? Then you may as well say that of the other 1000 ATP players.

The only thing I say is that one is more talented than the other and likewise, one is more physical than the other. Can you be more balanced than that without being wrong?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:56 pm

time please wrote:

Underneath piles and piles of work (and piles of ironing too!) - threads have got very lively since last visit Wink

Train Mr TP to Iron chin

Things have kind of exploded.

A lot of it could be boredem, I don't know. I can say hand on heart I have been very blunt and stubborn and frustrated.

Reduce the schedule? I say increase it so we have tennis to discuss constructively Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:03 pm

legendkillar wrote:
time please wrote:

Train Mr TP to Iron chin

Things have kind of exploded.

A lot of it could be boredem, I don't know. I can say hand on heart I have been very blunt and stubborn and frustrated.

Reduce the schedule? I say increase it so we have tennis to discuss constructively Smile

Mr TP trained, but away with work for a few days Shocked ! (no inconsiderate smiley Wink )

I can feel myself becoming very blunt, stubborn and frustrated too, so think it is time to prise open that cork! zen

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:15 pm

time please wrote:mthierry - I will miss Lydian too, but s/he gave every bit as good as s/he got in exchanges with Tenez. S/he decided to leave on their own account, prob cos they were fed up with same argument - but that was Lydian's choice to engage with it continually or not - Lydian was not chased away, s/he could have easily decided to start own threads (I begged L too, but s/he wasn't interested enough in the forum to do so).

Lydian questioned Tenez as robustly as he did L, and in fact usually began the more pointed responses.

Tbh, if you're a fan of Nadal, it's nigh on impossible to get along with Tenez except you have a mile-long fuse. For those that say "why not post your own articles about Nadal", you just know Tenez would eventually overrun it with his sheer dogged persistence (a trait he has in common with his most hated player ironically).

And I've followed Tenez and Lydian's exchanges since the old 606 and I can assure you the one likely to abuse or contemptuously dismiss the other's opinion and knowledge is Tenez. In this very article, he compared Lydian's knowledge unfavourably with CP.

Even taking me as an example, Tenez' first comment to me on this forum when I refutted a comment about Rafa was to tell me to stick to the football.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Don't tell me about Tenez mthierry - I'm here to discuss the tennis and I object to having to listen to all of you Tenez bashers clog up the threads with relentless bitching.

If you have a problem with what someone says to you, then tell them and shut up about it.

Perhaps you could all find a nice little playground clique, cluster together somewhere and bitch and glower over your shoulders to your heart's content away from the rest of us

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm

time please wrote:
wow wrote:I agree with emancipator that you didn't chase those posters but Tenez there must be something wrong that u got banned at all the sites except this one

Cp was a wum and very annoying one

stop it wow - you are responding to someone else's assertion about Tenez - you can't just go around throwing accusations when you have no proof and you weren't involved in the argument (if there was one) on another forum.

There is definitely something wrong here, that so many presumed adults think it is acceptable to 'gang up' on one poster in this fashion.

TP, I have seen the links shown my Lydian and tenez himself accepts that he got banned at various forms.

I picked up on it as I do believe that tenez just keep playing one record most of the time. But this does not mean that I think what tenez says is illogical. I like tenez's arguments and I dont believe that lydian or nitb left because of him.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 pm

wow - you are better than this, please don't join in with the whiners in the corner of the playground.

Good thread until this last bit btw Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

[quote="time please"]wow - you are better than this, please don't join in with the whiners in the corner of the playground.

Good thread until this last bit btw Very Happy [/quote

The links provided by BB are hilarious. You must read them if you get some time.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:28 pm

I have wow - they are really funny some of them. Just going to pour myself a long glass of cool wine and sit back and enjoy Wink

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 pm

But look at this way that people at 606 only knew each other by their pseudos and all those posters who have kept the same pseudos like yourself are still recognisable in this virtual world and have friends too Smile

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Tenez wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:If opinions are balanced, that doesn't necessarily mean a poster is trying to please all sides.

Did you recoginise yourself there, JHM? Wink

What do you mean by balanced? Sitting between Fed and Nadal? liking both? Saying both are physical and talented players? Then you may as well say that of the other 1000 ATP players.

The only thing I say is that one is more talented than the other and likewise, one is more physical than the other. Can you be more balanced than that without being wrong?

That seems pretty balanced to me, which is why I've always pretty much agreed with that.
But I like watching both of them play - for different reasons. Doesn't mean I try to please both sides, I just enjoy the different aspects of their games.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:11 pm

time please wrote:Don't tell me about Tenez mthierry - I'm here to discuss the tennis and I object to having to listen to all of you Tenez bashers clog up the threads with relentless bitching.

If you have a problem with what someone says to you, then tell them and shut up about it.

Perhaps you could all find a nice little playground clique, cluster together somewhere and bitch and glower over your shoulders to your heart's content away from the rest of us
You know, Tenez is an articulate poster more than capable of fighting his corner and more. Being a suck-up defending him from the big, bad, whining bullies is absurd. You could have ignored my initial ramblings rather than addressing it and subsequently throwing your toys out of the pram when addressing your naive defence of a poster probably unperturbed by it all.

For someone irritated by all the -in your own words- "b!tching and whining" on here, you've sure done a lot of it and can't appreciate the irony of trying to dissuade it. Desist from commenting on what you don't have a clue about.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:23 pm

mthierry wrote:Desist from commenting on what you don't have a clue about.

Crikey, that would rule me out of commenting on just about everything! Unless we turn this into a Marx Brothers forum Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Bring back Dr Sincere laughing

I fancy a laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 pm

legendkillar wrote:Bring back Dr Sincere laughing

I fancy a laugh

I don't know if his/her posts were intend to be funny or they just turned out to be funny.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 pm

legendkillar wrote:Bring back Dr Sincere laughing

I fancy a laugh

Yes indeed - less sensitivity and more laughs would do us all good. I love the phrase 'premature specjaculation' Laugh Laugh That was the thing about 606 on the best days - everyone fed off each other and some marvellous one liners and responses were coined.

Salutations Bubbly wherever you all are Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Had Dr. had his ways then Djoko mmight have won 10 slams including 4 us open titles Smile

How many slams for Nalbandian in the next year? laughing

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm

I love a good bit of humour and I have no doubt wow that the Dr didn't think he would be such a laugh. If he toured I would go and see him laughing

Especially if it was Dr_Sincere - Nostradamus Tour

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Dr Sincerre writes
David Ferrer eats hamburgers
"However, nowadays it seems to be accepted as standard, as though there is nothing wrong with it. Ferrer's revelation has further fueled claims that the world number one, Roger Federer, is playing in an era of opponents with Elvis-like eating habits. "

Federalexpress comments
posted Sep 7, 2007

"Of course, in the era of lions, they were all feeding off raw antelope
Now it's just served up on a bap...".
Laugh

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Me

Very Happy

Anyways, its good to have an article like this where you can have a bit banter. Its been getting a bit far too serious in the tennis section so more silly articles are needed please to keep us from going insane. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Y I Man wrote:
Me

Very Happy

Anyways, its good to have an article like this where you can have a bit banter. Its been getting a bit far too serious in the tennis section so more silly articles are needed please to keep us from going insane. OK

Silly article steam

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 pm

mthierry wrote:
time please wrote:Don't tell me about Tenez mthierry - I'm here to discuss the tennis and I object to having to listen to all of you Tenez bashers clog up the threads with relentless bitching.

You know, Tenez is an articulate poster more than capable of fighting his corner and more. Being a suck-up defending him from the big, bad, whining bullies is absurd. You could have ignored my initial ramblings rather than addressing it and subsequently throwing your toys out of the pram when addressing your naive defence of a poster probably unperturbed by it all.

For someone irritated by all the -in your own words- "b!tching and whining" on here, you've sure done a lot of it and can't appreciate the irony of trying to dissuade it. Desist from commenting on what you don't have a clue about.

Please don't tell me to desist from commenting on what is put in front of me on a public forum. Your first paragraph encapsulates the tone of so much of what I have seen you write - I can't be bothered to respond in kind because I am just not that angry a person, and I am also well into a bottle of wine.

I am neither a suck-up as you so quaintly put it, nor am I especially naive - and I think you miss the point, I am protesting against yours and others bullying of a poster and it is immaterial to me who the poster is, or what all their opinions are. Strangely enough I would also feel the same if you broke free of the baying mob and were under attack yourself.

Actually I don't think I am bitching or whining, although I accept it is your prerogative to disagree, I am being perhaps combatively blunt and saying what I think directly to other posters but I am not talking about you on other threads, or joining in with others to attack another poster - that is the difference between my behaviour and yours imo.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:12 pm

How can anyone call this article silly??? laughing

It's great!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Can I share some of my favourite articles from 606 also? (They might not be tennis related though)

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Y I Man wrote:Can I share some of my favourite articles from 606 also? (They might not be tennis related though)

Y not Y I man Smile

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 pm

come on Liverpool oops, wrong forum Rolling Eyes

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:55 pm

One of the oddest posters I ever encountered was known as "WTGL", who posted simply thousands of articles denigrating people across a range of sports, professions and fora using exactly the same choice of words. As soon as he was banned he would pop up on another forum or latter on the same forum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65703756

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A68339460

Last edited by Y I Man on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry, but we dont allow links to other forums.)

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 pm

wow wrote:Dr Sincerre writes
David Ferrer eats hamburgers
"However, nowadays it seems to be accepted as standard, as though there is nothing wrong with it. Ferrer's revelation has further fueled claims that the world number one, Roger Federer, is playing in an era of opponents with Elvis-like eating habits. "

Federalexpress comments
posted Sep 7, 2007

"Of course, in the era of lions, they were all feeding off raw antelope
Now it's just served up on a bap...".
Laugh

Laugh Priceless!!! Love it! Some days I just remember crying with laughter over various threads - it was always sensible not to take a hot gulp of coffee before reading certain posters.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Nore Staat wrote:One of the oddest posters I ever encountered was known as "WTGL", who posted simply thousands of articles denigrating people across a range of sports, professions and fora using exactly the same choice of words. As soon as he was banned he would pop up on another forum or latter on the same forum:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65703756

http://news.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A68339460
seems like rant rant rant and some more rant.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 pm

BTW, Pottiella, Biscuits, KiG (Knowledge is Good) are on MTL. So is Bourne (Chumba).

After Cogen stopped the PointsSpy, TITN (This is the News) did PointSpyThingy, which LionelHutz (Roger Federer's attorney) continues.

I do try some cross-border (MTL and 606v2) infiltration, but it has met with a lukewarm reception.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 pm

I could try and sort the points thingy for here in a pretty table Laverfan.
What info is needed, current points and what else?

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 pm

laverfan wrote:BTW, Pottiella, Biscuits, KiG (Knowledge is Good) are on MTL. So is Bourne (Chumba).

After Cogen stopped the PointsSpy, TITN (This is the News) did PointSpyThingy, which LionelHutz (Roger Federer's attorney) continues.

I do try some cross-border (MTL and 606v2) infiltration, but it has met with a lukewarm reception.

2 very different forums. It feels like that MTL is only for the knowledgeable posters. That's why I do not go there a lot Wink

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:32 pm

wow wrote:

2 very different forums. It feels like that MTL is only for the knowledgeable posters. That's why I do not go there a lot Wink

Are you calling me the village idiot for hanging out on 606v2? Whistle Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Y I Man wrote:I could try and sort the points thingy for here in a pretty table Laverfan.

You may be able to take a look at Cogen's original PointsSpy on 606. He used to do it for Masters and Slams. Tracking 250s and 500s was quite a bit of work.

Here is an example. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A50522276

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 pm

laverfan wrote:
wow wrote:

Are you calling me the village idiot for hanging out on 606v2? Whistle Hug

not really as you frequent on MTL as well. I feel more comfortable here. At MTL discussions end very abruptly at times. I have particiapted there recently but at times I find myself less resourceful in commenting there.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 pm

MTL has been a bit dead over the last few weeks though, not much chat going on at all. I go there to do some suicide picking, and for the andymoaners thread, but that's about it.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:59 pm

WoW... I mentioned MTL without any malicious or dishonourable intentions.

MfC... yes, it has been pretty quiet.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Y I Man wrote:I could try and sort the points thingy for here in a pretty table Laverfan.
You should be able to find this same information elsewhere e.g.
http://tennislive.free.fr/
http://tennislive.free.fr/race
http://tennislive.free.fr/playersSchedule

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:08 pm

laverfan wrote:WoW... I mentioned MTL without any malicious or dishonourable intentions.

Sorry I might have sounded serious in my earlier message. Cool

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
You should be able to find this same information elsewhere e.g.
http://tennislive.free.fr/
http://tennislive.free.fr/race
http://tennislive.free.fr/playersSchedule

Yes, someone does maintain that site very religiously and very well. OK

This is the official version.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

The fun part about Cogen's articles was the ensuing discussions and the what-if analysis, which does require a bit of work. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:14 pm

wow wrote:
laverfan wrote:WoW... I mentioned MTL without any malicious or dishonourable intentions.

Sorry I might have sounded serious in my earlier message. Cool

Hug No need to feel apologetic about it, you are fine. Cool

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:58 pm

I would not go on any forum that thinks it's just there for calm debate. Most of the fun comes when you get someone who lets their heart overrule their head (like socal did on here with the Fognini conspiracy thing) and you can have loads of fun.

I used to love jousting with Dr_Sincere and his team, though I freely admit Impartial_Lion never lost his cool, he was a truly formidable opponent and maintained a logical thread. They all made mad predictions about Fed though and almost every event would have some prediction that somebody outside the top 100 was sending a "chilling warning" to the "discombobulated Swiss"
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:03 am

Fognini-gate censored

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:05 am

I miss a good Fognini debate Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 am

Bb you had quite a banter with duggie as well?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:56 am

I miss Duggie. :tears:

Another poster on 606v1 who I liked was TaranToes. He still posts on h2g2.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:22 am

Juan Marcus Del Poirot was an excellent poster on 606. I learnt a lot about tennis from him. Always balanced and knowledgeable, and he never got annoyed by some of the more idiotic posters on there.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next