The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+28
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
greybeard
maestegmafia
KiaRose
Mrs Penfro
perthshirepuma
Hound_of_Harrow
Kenny
Gibson
Smirnoffpriest
WillyGilly
PenfroPete
rodders
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
MBTGOG
prop_lyd
Glas a du
Mickado
Ozzy3213
red_stag
Rava
Suspicious lurker
littleswannygirl
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
32 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pal Joey Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing picture of newly retired Gareth 'Alfie' Thomas.

Also a special picture of Thomas Domingo and wishing him all the best on a speedy recovery.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

guinness Ale Laugh mug Erm guinness RedWine Yahoo guinness Ale censored

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t17283-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

Ah I'll have to do it so Cari. I also have ambitious plans to flood the UK with advertising flyers for my job. Really aiming to smash into the UK market.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:25 pm

Guys don't quote me on this but I think Asbo has sufficient Exeter tickets sorted for you. I seem to remember him posting about a week ago.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

Rava - I'm sure Kia said she had some tickets for the Leinster game as well - I'd recommend checking the Facebook event everyone, just to make sure.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

prop_lyd wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:

I've just realised that I know very few street names in Cardiff. But ask me where a pub is and I'll know exactly where it is! Think I've got that a bit wrong somehow....

That's how I navigate round Cardiff!! Ok so I have 3 free spaces to Exeter and 1 free space back! I guess Satg get's to ride shotgun as he has a return ticket Ok!

Yes, but does he have a complimation cd!!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

ooo that's a good point!! He's going to have to make 2!! Although my music's great anyway Erm
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

Dreamer - tag along with Staggy on the MS tour - you're part of a larger group anyway.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

If he decides to go on the Monday I might Cari, am stuck in horrid work though on the Thurs and Friday!

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

Where is the Fat Controller when you need him?! Hoog is supposed to be co-ordinating tickets furious - that lad! Just to be clear I have sorted Exe tickets for all. But I need a Scarlets-Munster one and a Bath-Leinster one and don't care too much where I sit or stand OK

Munsty, just to reiterate the many comments on here yesterday, in my personal experience watching you with my little two, you are absolutely made for teaching at junior school level. But Hoog, wouldn't let him anywhere near them!!! Wink

And swanny, was thinking bout your predicament too and as left-field as this may sound, I think you'd make an amazing non-exec director type, sitting in board meetings sorting out the wheat from the chaff, bringing the pie-in-the-sky strategy types back down to earth - just what they need. It needn't be boring corporate work either, most charities have boards too OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:52 pm

Asbo he told me he's having no role in the organising.

Monday it is Dreamer. My train isn't til tuesday to munsty
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

Sound, Stag. I'll see if I can look into what times the tours are on etc.

Right that's Asbo that needs a ticket as well. Will ring the ticket office after work and see how many I'm actually allowed to get. Then Glas if you're about?? I might PM you later to try and sort out details. (also hope your back is feeling a bit better).

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:59 pm

Heading to the gym for the first time in a fortnight. This is going to be painful.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

Well, if the Exe ticks are sorted, then I have the same requirements as Asbo re,Scarlets'n' Barf;in fact I would prefer to stand,do it at Agen,although it doesn't rain much.Is the standing bit covered at PyS?
Gibbo may need a Scarlets ticket as well. thumbsup

Last edited by Mick(TEFC) on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm

I haven't been to the gym for ages. But I cycle to and from work, so I'm buff as f_ck anyway. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

red_stag wrote:
Monday it is Dreamer.

I'm hoping your ok with lunchtime/afternoon seeing as the alcohol will have to evaporate from my system!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

STAG - Tiger Tiger is no more than a 10 minute walk from the stadium OK and my bus stop is right across the road Smile
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:04 pm

Thomond wrote:Kado, the rugby club will probably have it on otherwise Grange Tavern will more than likely have it on but that's outside Bandon. Poacher's Inn is a decent shout, my family have a summer house 20 minutes drive from Bandon actually.

Did you type that with a Downton Abbey accent?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

PenfroPete wrote:STAG - Tiger Tiger is no more than a 10 minute walk from the stadium...

Ten minutes?! Well if he's ambling along with the olds in tow... Whistle Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

Rava wrote:Ulster fans, another positive move (I hope)

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/9820.php

clap
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

Mick - usually the terracing is pretty sheltered ( definitely if you stand near the back like I do), but on the last 2 occasions when it's been raining there, the wind has played havoc, so you're dry for a couple of minutes, then get a blast of rain in your face for a while. So wet weather gear would be advised just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:15 pm

dreamer, wet weather gear and wellies in honour of my namesake is all panned.Also want to get one of these before the game

http://shop.scarlets.co.uk/Beanie-hat-with-ear-flaps.html
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

Good news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/15629017.stm

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Well no great loss there Lucky if they have to stay away. We can sufficiently cover all three.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

Ah yeah that's a nice hat Mick Smile

They had a really good sale down at the Scarlets shop on the weekend actually, was gutted I couldn't make it down there to get really good deals.

In the shop you'll also get to see the famous scoreboard from when Llanelli beat NZ. I love they've put that in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

PenfroPete wrote:STAG - Tiger Tiger is no more than a 10 minute walk from the stadium OK and my bus stop is right across the road Smile
Ooh, hark at that, he's got his own bus stop?! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:22 pm

Prop I assumed we would be afternoon we'll take our time. The train is 3pm so I decided wait til Tuesday rather than rush on Monday.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:24 pm

What do you expect Asbo, he's from Pembrokeshire. I'm surprised he doesn't have his own bus.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

I recommend the terrace as we can all stand together and the banter will be excellent. thumbsup

Last edited by Glas a du on Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

Mick I prefer the sheep hats they have with flaps over the ears and sheep ears on top with a Scarlets tag on.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

Glas a du wrote:

I recommend the terrace as we can all stand together and the banter will be excellent. thumbsup
Glas, don't worry, Gibbo really is Hoog's dad - its in the jeans apparently

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:39 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Mick I prefer the sheep hats they have with flaps over the ears and sheep ears on top with a Scarlets tag on.

They don't have any online,although there's a photo of one steam

Thing is, it doesn't get Siberian down here,so I'd rarely wear it Laugh
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:44 pm

True unless your in the freezer that is the S Wales coast then there's no need for a sheep hat lol.

Still looks funny

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:49 pm

Toulon are busily searching for a ground to play their Amlin match vs Petrarca on Thursday,perhaps Nimes, Monaco or Lyon;Mayol is still waterlogged, and more rain is forecast,and if they declare forfeit...
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

In other news:

I have my official Ulster supporters badge

Noy then!

Yahoo

Notch, you are a star thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

Is that a sticky back one,Glas?I'm starting to get a collection on the back of my van.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

No, it's a rather fetching pin. Photo up in FB pub.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

Will that travel to the meet Glas?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

Crikey! I don't want to risk losing it!

It may...

Smile
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

By the way folks, 2 weeks in a row i've been the top scorer in the Pro12 Fantasy league. Johnny Sexton has 44 points in 2 games, an essential buy!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:31 pm

Go and tell Sin E
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

Bout ye then Glas mucker mo2 (Also know as a Ballymurphy tashe)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:39 pm

I was at a meeting last night with some guy from sport ni (not rugby related) but he mentioned something about a new programme Ulster rugby are planning to indentify players who are over 6'3(?) in clubs, schools etc. and try and fast track them or something.

Sounds like they are planning a new coaching and talent identification program up this way too.

Anyone know anything about it?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm

Ulster have been running with that for some time now Rodders. They announced something last season but didn't have the same publicity in here as the Leinster one Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

Ah ok Rava. I probably didn't know as I missed the criteria by about a foot Smile

Sounds like there is a new programme up here as they are training up coaches I think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:04 pm

Glas read what I read after that show some cope on next time.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:36 pm

Wow,
rodders is 7'3 Erm
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

I could tell he was tall from the way he typed.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

Glas - PM i ti.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

Anyone remember the good old daya when P.Wallace referred to Paul.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:20 pm

Culchie
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

P Wallace is the answer to all lifes questions
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next