The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+28
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
greybeard
maestegmafia
KiaRose
Mrs Penfro
perthshirepuma
Hound_of_Harrow
Kenny
Gibson
Smirnoffpriest
WillyGilly
PenfroPete
rodders
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
MBTGOG
prop_lyd
Glas a du
Mickado
Ozzy3213
red_stag
Rava
Suspicious lurker
littleswannygirl
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
32 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pal Joey Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing picture of newly retired Gareth 'Alfie' Thomas.

Also a special picture of Thomas Domingo and wishing him all the best on a speedy recovery.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

guinness Ale Laugh mug Erm guinness RedWine Yahoo guinness Ale censored

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t17283-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

Just had a look now £19 for Monday the 12th from Exeter to Cardiff.

Sound like you'd be much better off going Exeter to Cardiff then Cardiff to Chester, Stag.

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

I thought Prop was driving back to Cardiff on the Monday? I may be incorrect though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:58 am

I definitely will Dreamer. I don't think I'll be back in times for the train Monday so I'll head to Munsty on Tuesday.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

Stag: I'm driving back on the Monday...so far I have Chef and Lucky in my car going back....can fit 2 more in.

Rava: cheers for that i'll get my Glos winning predictions done.

Dreamer: I had a chat with my sister about the same thing on Sunday when we went for a walk......pondering a new area to work in as I feel the employment area is moving away from what I really want to do so going to look after Christmas!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:22 pm

Dreamer and myself ProP?? Can we squeeze in.

I;m all sorted now. Serious amount of topsy turvy changing but its fine. I'll get to take in Cardiff, Lanelli, Exeter, Devon, Bath, Liverpool and Chester.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

Think I got good bargain. Flight to Cardiff, train to Chester, Flight to Shannon for just €101
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:34 pm

Stag: that's fine and if Dreamer wants a space it's cool too so that now means for my car:

Saturday to Exeter Stag, 3 free spaces.

Sunday to Cardiff Chef, Lucky, Stag and Dreamer(?)

Guess I best get to work on some cd's for the drive, although that could be a condition...everyone who has a lift has to bring a complimation cd!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 08 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

I don't think I have one of those.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:03 pm

I'm really looking forward to that weekend

Story with tickets now anyone?? I need two for each game if that's alright
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Glas a du wrote:I don't think I have one of those.

You'll just have to go out and get one then Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

Hughie - I think Kia has Bath/Leinster tickets? Try contacting her first. Not sure about the others.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

Waow,prop,
Plans have changed,I won't be coming...

...back up with you thumbsup Cos of silly train time tables(that's hughie,for you), I've rented a car to get from Soton to Exeter to Blagdon to Soton.So you havespace
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:15 pm

I laughed so much when I read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2058921/19st-rugby-player-Chris-Birch-stroke-gym-accident-wakes-gay.html?ITO=1490

Laugh
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

Not Exeter St David's, but Tiverton Parkway is the nearest station OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

Staggy - I saw that. It's got to be a WUM...especially coming from The Mail.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:19 pm

Kado, the rugby club will probably have it on otherwise Grange Tavern will more than likely have it on but that's outside Bandon. Poacher's Inn is a decent shout, my family have a summer house 20 minutes drive from Bandon actually.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

Ulster fans, another positive move (I hope)

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/9820.php
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:23 pm

Rava wrote:Ulster fans, another positive move (I hope)

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/9820.php

Haven't clicked on the link yet but I'm betting its another South African.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

Care to tell us what it is rava? I can't open that link at work.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

Copied and pasted

The purpose of the All-Party Group on Rugby is to engage with the Northern Ireland Assembly at a strategic level and to examine issues impacting upon the development of rugby, stadia and specific issues affecting the game in Ulster at both club and professional levels.

“We have ambitious goals to becoming a leading force in World Rugby within 10-15 years and support from the Assembly will be crucial to reaching that goal.” said Ulster Rugby Chief Executive Shane Logan

“There is a richness to rugby that can, if harnessed properly, make the game a huge power for good in our society and we are very interested in engaging with our elected representatives and government departments to ensure that rugby is at the heart of decision making in Northern Ireland.

The values of respect, discipline and hard-work that are an intrinsic part of the game provide a useful code in terms of educating our young people. Rugby has the ability to bring communities together, deter from anti-social behaviour and our clubs provide excellent bases for their local communities. Through the game we can promote the benefits of active living, encourage children and young people to take part in enjoyable and sociable physical activity and tackle health issues.

And there’s an economic angle as well – with rugby played in Belfast for 9 or 10 months of the year it accounts for a substantial number of bed nights in Belfast as our hotels accommodate travelling teams and their supporters who are all spending in the city.”

The APG is chaired by Alastair Ross, MLA for East Antrim.

“The Assembly shares many of the aims of Ulster Rugby, and certainly recognises the positive contribution that rugby can play in the community, whether that be in terms of promoting a healthier way of life, teaching discipline or as a means of enjoying the social side of the game in clubs across the Province.

We also recognise the specific challenges that lie ahead if the sport is to grow and attract greater participation amongst sections of the community who have not traditionally identified with rugby football.

I would hope that through the APG we can play our part in helping to grow rugby in Northern Ireland and ensure that Ulster continue to be recognised as one of the leading professional teams in Europe.”

Click here to see more pics from the launch

Members of the All-Party Group on Rugby

Chairperson: Alastair Ross MLA (East Antrim)
Vice-Chairperson: Judith Cochrane MLA (Belfast East)

Members: Barry McElduff MLA (West Tyrone)
Conall McDevitt MLA (Belfast South)
Simon Hamilton MLA (Strangford)
Basil McCrea MLA (Lagan Valley)
John McCallister MLA (South Down)
Chris Lyttle MLA (Belfast East)
Michelle McIlveen MLA (Strangford)
Colum Eastwood MLA (Foyle)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

Nope. Just checked the list and all 10 are IQ.

A working group has been set up in the Assembly: -

The purpose of the All-Party Group on Rugby is to engage with the Northern Ireland Assembly at a strategic level and to examine issues impacting upon the development of rugby, stadia and specific issues affecting the game in Ulster at both club and professional levels.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

Thomond wrote:Kado, the rugby club will probably have it on otherwise Grange Tavern will more than likely have it on but that's outside Bandon. Poacher's Inn is a decent shout, my family have a summer house 20 minutes drive from Bandon actually.

Ah ye call Leinster fans posh! Laugh

Ah i'm sure i'll find it somewhere, her Step Brother in law (i know, figure that one out!) owns a pub in the town, Bradys I think it's called, good spot, I seem to remember they had sky last time so I should be sorted, thanks! thumbsup

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

To be fair now, my grandad lived there until he did and my dad inherited it. Grange Tavern is where it's at though. Great food and sound people, you would most likely meet my uncle there if he is not heading to Thomond.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

I’ll say it to herself, but we don’t drive, so a five minute walk to Brady’s is more likely to be on the cards.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

I like the statements being made. Just hope we can deliver.

Thomond wrote:Copied and pasted

“We have ambitious goals to becoming a leading force in World Rugby within 10-15 years and support from the Assembly will be crucial to reaching that goal.” said Ulster Rugby Chief Executive Shane Logan

“There is a richness to rugby that can, if harnessed properly, make the game a huge power for good in our society and we are very interested in engaging with our elected representatives and government departments to ensure that rugby is at the heart of decision making in Northern Ireland.

The values of respect, discipline and hard-work that are an intrinsic part of the game provide a useful code in terms of educating our young people. Rugby has the ability to bring communities together, deter from anti-social behaviour and our clubs provide excellent bases for their local communities. Through the game we can promote the benefits of active living, encourage children and young people to take part in enjoyable and sociable physical activity and tackle health issues.

And there’s an economic angle as well – with rugby played in Belfast for 9 or 10 months of the year it accounts for a substantial number of bed nights in Belfast as our hotels accommodate travelling teams and their supporters who are all spending in the city.”

The APG is chaired by Alastair Ross, MLA for East Antrim.

“The Assembly shares many of the aims of Ulster Rugby, and certainly recognises the positive contribution that rugby can play in the community, whether that be in terms of promoting a healthier way of life, teaching discipline or as a means of enjoying the social side of the game in clubs across the Province.

We also recognise the specific challenges that lie ahead if the sport is to grow and attract greater participation amongst sections of the community who have not traditionally identified with rugby football.

I would hope that through the APG we can play our part in helping to grow rugby in Northern Ireland and ensure that Ulster continue to be recognised as one of the leading professional teams in Europe.”

Click here to see more pics from the launch

Members of the All-Party Group on Rugby

Chairperson: Alastair Ross MLA (East Antrim)
Vice-Chairperson: Judith Cochrane MLA (Belfast East)

Members: Barry McElduff MLA (West Tyrone)
Conall McDevitt MLA (Belfast South)
Simon Hamilton MLA (Strangford)
Basil McCrea MLA (Lagan Valley)
John McCallister MLA (South Down)
Chris Lyttle MLA (Belfast East)
Michelle McIlveen MLA (Strangford)
Colum Eastwood MLA (Foyle)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

Ok cool Chef obviously don't trust my driving Wink so I've got 1/2 free spaces depending on whether dreamer wants a lift back?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

OK Good stuff rava. Not sure about this 10-15 year stuff. I was hoping we'd be a leading force in world rugby by the end of the season. Typical MLA's always trying to drag things out Wink.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

prop - aye, count me in for a space in the car on the way back if that's okay.

With regards to tickets, I know Kia wanted about 3-4, Hughie wants 2, and I think Penfro and Mrs Penfro need about 4?

I'll try and contact the ticket office this week to see how many tickets I'll be able to get, but can people please let me know where they want their tickets, or will they be happy with terracing??

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

Please note I have 1 spare Scarlets v Munster ticket.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

prop_lyd wrote:everyone who has a lift has to bring a complimation cd!!

It's a deal! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

DREAMER - we'll need 4 in the standif that's OK, as Mam & Dad won't be up to standing on the terrace thumbsup

WHO NEEDS TICKETS FOR BLUES v EDINBURGH ON THE FRIDAY ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

Are you talking about tickets for Scarlets v Munster, Dreamer? I thought Glas was getting hold of those.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

Yea Lucky. I have two tickets to the game from Munster Rugby.

Pete I do I do I do
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:52 pm

Stag - where about in PyS are your tickets for btw?

Penfro - North or South stand? North is the side nearer to the Barn and the one with the terracing in front just so you know. And yes please for a ticket for Blues v Edinburgh Smile

Lucky - I know he was going to get some, but not sure how many. And I'm not sure how many I'll be able to get from the ticket office, so thought I'd best find out now, so that way we can split them between us if we have to Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

Not a clue Dreamer. I won't know til much closer the time.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:55 pm

Ah okay, well you get a good view from anywhere really. Although if you end up in the South Stand you shall have to let me know what it's like. I've never ventured over to that side of the stadium before.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:56 pm

Cool so dreamer's in too.....is that to and from exeter?

Ticket wise I need: Blues, Bath and Exeter pleaseeeee!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:01 pm

DREAMER - North it is then, if that's the Barn side. OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

No that's just from Exeter, Prop.

Penfro - okay, noted, will do my very best Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:03 pm

And ticket-wise for me, I need Blues, Scarlets, Bath and Exeter. Of those I'm happy enough to watch the Bath - Leinster match in the pub.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

Im the same. I have my Munser ticket.

Pete seems to be able to sort Blues.

Just need to sort exeter and bath.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

I'm the same as you Stag, seems I just need tickets for Bath and Exeter, but like Lucky, I'm okay to watch the Bath v Leinster one in a pub (loads of lovely pubs in Bath!)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:10 pm

Agree on the pub front re: Bath.

Dreamer I'll have Book 4 of Fire/Ice finished at that stage. I may bring Book 5 with me on this trip.

I'll have loads of time in Cardiff it seems. I want to find out where Tiger Tiger is in Cardiff when Im there.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

Can't miss it Staggy because it's next to the tallest building in the city centre - Capital Tower on Greyfriars Road.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

ha! why on earth do you want to go there? It's on the street with loads of clubs/pubs though, so I can show you/direct you there if ya like.

I've just realised that I know very few street names in Cardiff. But ask me where a pub is and I'll know exactly where it is! Think I've got that a bit wrong somehow....

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:17 pm

Dreamer - not surprisingly, ask me where a pub is I won't know, but tell me what street it's on and I'll know where it is.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

Wales v France is one of our busiest tours. We have 300 French travelling and staying in Cardiff and this is a stop. I need to check the distance.

I also might do Mill Stad tour when Im there. I've got 3 days in Cardiff (Thur, Fri, Mon)
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

I'd highly recommend the MS tour Staggy. Gibbo and I really enjoyed it when we went, and it was only £6 I think.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:

I've just realised that I know very few street names in Cardiff. But ask me where a pub is and I'll know exactly where it is! Think I've got that a bit wrong somehow....

That's how I navigate round Cardiff!! Ok so I have 3 free spaces to Exeter and 1 free space back! I guess Satg get's to ride shotgun as he has a return ticket Ok!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

Go for the tour Stag, I've never been on it but I've heard it's really good. I really should do that at some point myself really.

The good thing about the centre of Cardiff is that all the pubs are close together really, or about a 5-10 min walk from the Stadium. Where abouts in the city are they thinking of staying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next