The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
kiakahaaotearoa
Adam D
PenfroPete
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
rodders
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
Glas a du
MBTGOG
Kenny
perthshirepuma
KiaRose
prop_lyd
Suspicious lurker
Cari
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
Hound_of_Harrow
Dave.
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
Thomond
MrsP
Mrs Penfro
Gibson
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
33 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing picture of newly crowned IRB World Player of the year Thierry Dusautoir.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

guinness Ale Laugh mug Erm guinness RedWine Yahoo guinness Ale censored

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t17793-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:14 am

Why on earth would you want to watch Munster v Ulster? Two anti-rugby teams waiting to see who snores first.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mickado Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:14 am

Stag, why not come up for Leinster v Montpellier in January.

Munster will be away that weekend so you won’t miss the match, plus it will be in the RDS and we can have loike a few points of preparation H afterwards in special K.

I’m currently reading the “Oh my god delusion” by RO’CK so you’ll have to excuse the Rossisms. Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:18 am

Right ticket booked, Welford Road on Saturday it is!!

I reckon Ulster have a great chance this weekend, a purring rather than roaring tiger against an Ulster team on a high from last week, should be a cracker
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

Mick I think the worst part is the fact I understood that sentence fully.

Can;t committ to anything yet though. I'm already heading to 6 Heineken/Amlin Cup games and I'm going to 5 Six Nations games so it will have to see. I'd ambitious hopes to get to Ravenhill at New Years; its being revised now.

Can't get to them all.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:54 am

Morning pub. I'm in the recovery position after a belter of a weekend. Walked blydi miles in Bordeaux after we got lost a couple of times. I blame de guinness - it wrecks my navigation system.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:58 am

That's what I like to hear Hound, sounded like a great weekend
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:06 am

Just saw this on our intranet site:

Starting in January, tobacco products (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, and pipes) and/or the use of smokeless tobacco (chew, dip, and snuff) can no longer be used in [the company] buildings or on [the company] property in the U.S.

If they bring it in over here, i'll quit. My job.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:07 am

hughie1986 wrote:Right ticket booked, Welford Road on Saturday it is!!

I reckon Ulster have a great chance this weekend, a purring rather than roaring tiger against an Ulster team on a high from last week, should be a cracker

Yahoo Yahoo guinness guinness OK OK

I will get back to you shortly re. our travel arrangements.

Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

Sound rava
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:09 am

Mickado - can they bring that in another country though? I wonder if that reflects US policy - they're really anti-tobacco in some states.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

Hound, there are worse places to walk around lost than Bordeaux!

Mickado, a few years ago I stopped in the lobby of where I worked to roll a fag before leaving work. The security guard told me to stop. I explained I was only rolling it in the lobby and I didn't intend to smoke it there. He said it didn't matter and that I had to go outside to roll it.

So anyway, I kicked him square in the nuts and finished rolling my fag.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

red_stag wrote:Mick I think the worst part is the fact I understood that sentence fully.

Can;t committ to anything yet though. I'm already heading to 6 Heineken/Amlin Cup games and I'm going to 5 Six Nations games so it will have to see. I'd ambitious hopes to get to Ravenhill at New Years; its being revised now.

Can't get to them all.

Sad Sad I was looking forward to your visit.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

Its not a non runner yet Rava just money and time talk.

I am already going to:

November:
Munster v Northampton
Munster v Edinburgh

December:
Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh
Scarlets v Munster
Bath v Leinster
Chiefs v Dragons
Munster v Scarlets

January:
Munster v Castres

February:
Ireland v Wales
France v Ireland
Ireland v Italy

March:
Wales v France

So while I hope to get to Ravenhill I'll have to see. Decisions to be made in early Dec.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

They're doing a one-off Jim'll Fix It for this Xmas on telly. You have to be 14 or under to apply. Think I might give it a go though... Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Rava - allow for a bit of a wait getting through border control at Luton. They have tightened up security, as we found out yesterday. If you're heading for the train station get the First Capital Connect bus outside the terminal. It's a purple bendy bus thing - £1.50 single fare.

Oh, and don't stop for a drink in Luton thumbsup

But do head for either The Vaults or the Swan and Rushes in Leicester.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/18/18386/Out_of_the_Vaults/Leicester

http://www.swanandrushes.co.uk/

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:30 am

Seriously Hound your knowledge of pubs in England never fails to astound me
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:34 am

Good man Luckless, hope you ashed your smoke on him when you were done.

Cari, this rule will apply across every site in the US, some states haven't even banned smoking in bars so this isn't to do with the law, it's just a company rule, which is why I'm worried they'll try it here.

Can anyone remember the moment when it became fashionable to marginalise smokers? I saw a comedian before talking about a dinner party he was at, someone there was a smoker and they were getting lecutred about how bad it is for you, so they started talking about how obese people were just as bad for harming themselves and the conversation went all awkward.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

I didn't actually kick him square in the nuts, I just went outside meekly and finished rolling my fag. But it was ridiculous really. Surely there's no harm in rolling a cigarette indoors?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:39 am

Mick difference is smoking is harmful to others and smoke makes other peoples clothes smell and stains furniture. It also leads to a large amount of litter.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:42 am

That's another thing, Stag: when places don't provide anywhere for you to put your cigarette ends. The Millennium Centre in Cardiff is a huge place but last time I went there were no wall ashtray things anywhere, nor any bins. Discouraging smoking is one thing, but compelling people to litter is something else.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:48 am

Yes, all fair points stag, which is why smokers have to go outside. Totally fair enough. Every company has somewhere that a smoker can go, even if it's just outside the front door, so it's no extra effort to accomodate them, just leave an ashtray there and there's no litter.

The reason i bring up obesity is only because non smokers sometimes lecture people about the harm their doing to themselves.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:48 am

Agree with that Lucky - either ban smoking there or put adequate bins or ashtrays there.

BTW Im on your side re: the rolling.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

Mickado wrote:Yes, all fair points stag, which is why smokers have to go outside. Totally fair enough. Every company has somewhere that a smoker can go, even if it's just outside the front door, so it's no extra effort to accomodate them, just leave an ashtray there and there's no litter.

The reason i bring up obesity is only because non smokers sometimes lecture people about the harm their doing to themselves.

Agree so do heavy drinks, kebab eaters and Munster rugby fans (heart conditions).

I know at my old company you couldn't smoke outside front of building only back of it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

I really hate seeing people litter so it was horrible having to just drop my cigarette end on the floor. But that was a good year or so ago so they might have bins there now.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

Front of the building, back of the building, it’s all good. But off the property?! Just madness.

If they do it over here I’ll be 10 mins walk for every smoke I have, and out of spite I wouldn’t cut down. If there’s one thing that annoys me more than anything in the world it’s being told I can’t do something.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

Thats fair enough they'll probably just fire you though.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

Mickado - probably around the the time of the ban I would've thought. I gave up in 2008, just over a year after the ban came in here. I remember being at a gig and trying to have a fag outside the Millennium Stadium....it was like smoking in a wind tunnel. Even though I gave up myself, I don't have a problem with people smoking. I'm happy to sit outside in the smoking area whilst others have a fag, doesn't bother me at all.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:09 pm

Does my heed in as well.

I smoke, its my choice, don't make me feel like a lepper just because you don't agree with it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:09 pm

Chillax Hugh - you can smoke but only where we say you can. Accept it. Simples!!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Does my heed in as well.

I smoke, its my choice, don't make me feel like a lepper just because you don't agree with it
But you really are a lepper?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

Putting smoking areas right by the main entrance to buildings isn't clever, really. Non-smokers have to walk through cigarette smoke to get in and out of the building, which they shouldn't have to do.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

Afternoon all....well that meeting was a massive head fry!! Felt like I was being interrogated by pete about a crime or something!! Luckily had my a.d and manager there and now they're just talking numbers so i was excused!!

Cheers for the good luck messages....think I need a lie down!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:13 pm

hughie1986 wrote:
...don't make me feel like a lepper just because you don't agree with it

Welcome to the world of the teetotaller Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Rava - allow for a bit of a wait getting through border control at Luton. They have tightened up security, as we found out yesterday. If you're heading for the train station get the First Capital Connect bus outside the terminal. It's a purple bendy bus thing - £1.50 single fare.

Oh, and don't stop for a drink in Luton thumbsup

But do head for either The Vaults or the Swan and Rushes in Leicester.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/18/18386/Out_of_the_Vaults/Leicester

http://www.swanandrushes.co.uk/

Hound, cheers for the info. I have been through Luton recently when I was over to see you and Asbo. We don't have to go through Border control TF. Picking up a hire car at the airport although I believe there is a requirement to travel in a bus to the Car Hire depot.

I will check out those pubs for sure thumbsup
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

I think the Swan & Rushes was the one all the regs went to when they met Portnoy in Leicester? That's a point Rava - are you going to meet Portnoy? Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:22 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:Does my heed in as well.

But you really are a lepper?

Just cause your in a huff today because C is on a date tonight, no need to take it out on me. I would have dropped up myself but Im busy..........
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:31 pm

Feic, you know more about my life than me! Yikes

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:36 pm

Haha scary shoite, got a date myself you see Laugh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Feic, you know more about my wife than me! Yikes

Just corrected that typo Asbo Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

With Hairy Palm and her 5 daughters?

Might be able to get some more tickets for Bath vs Leinster - will know more the Mon/Tues before the game OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

Rava wrote:

Yikes Civil partner, pls!! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:42 pm

Rava wrote:

YYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! ACTUALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD AT THAT!!

Classic
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:43 pm

Ah, that RugbyDreamer she keeps bumping into the best people. Last week Stephen "The Count" Jones and just now a Rugby World Cup Legend Wink
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:43 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:With Hairy Palm and her 5 daughters?

Might be able to get some more tickets for Bath vs Leinster - will know more the Mon/Tues before the game OK

29 year old blonde actually
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

Cari, I PM'd Portnoy to see if he was going to the game. I haven't had a reply yet.

He's probably still hurting after the savaging of the AP teams at the weekend, particularly by the Scots Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm

hughie1986 wrote: 29 year old blonde actually
- didn't know Labradors could live that long Whistle
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Ah, that RugbyDreamer she keeps bumping into the best people. Last week Stephen "The Count" Jones and just now a Rugby World Cup Legend Wink

ha, who's that then Penfro? Whistle Hug

Asbo - just seen your post from earlier, not quite sure why I put down Blues v Edinburgh, when I know tis LI, brain was quite clearly still half asleep!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm

That's good of you Rava - I was jesting Smile

Penfro - Alain Rolland? censored

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

Wouldn't call her a dog, she's a good looking woman, however she is actually a massive bitch!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

hughie1986 wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:

Wouldn't call her a dog, she's a good looking woman, however she is actually a massive bitch!!
+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next