The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
kiakahaaotearoa
Adam D
PenfroPete
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
rodders
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
Glas a du
MBTGOG
Kenny
perthshirepuma
KiaRose
prop_lyd
Suspicious lurker
Cari
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
Hound_of_Harrow
Dave.
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
Thomond
MrsP
Mrs Penfro
Gibson
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
33 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing picture of newly crowned IRB World Player of the year Thierry Dusautoir.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

guinness Ale Laugh mug Erm guinness RedWine Yahoo guinness Ale censored

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t17793-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 pm

I think the Amlin final is the day before my birthday Rava, so sounds good to me pal Ale Hug guinness
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 21 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by mickyt Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Gibbo, I have my jerseys for the season. I got some smaller that can be implemented into my jersey rotation soon enough ha

and that noody picture. I told you before, I am a grower not a show'r

Was I telling you Stag might be in a position to meet for us on the 2nd December. since he was at the sing song last year I thought it only right to invite him again.

Token Munster fan
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Ulster v L. Irish Amlin Final? That would be some craic. Where is it this year?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Heino is at twickers, so suspect the Amlin may be at The Stoop Gibbo.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 pm

mickyt wrote:Gibbo, I have my jerseys for the season. I got some smaller that can be implemented into my jersey rotation soon enough ha

Was I telling you Stag might be in a position to meet for us on the 2nd December. since he was at the sing song last year I thought it only right to invite him again.

Token Munster fan

Ah thats what Stag meant last night. Yeah. We had a great time last Christmas in Cassidys. Was just lovely. Singing songs and getting ver ver happy.

"I love you I do., yer me bestest mate... well... me bestest Leinster mate... "

Atmosphere was brilliant.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Stag is a great man for pints and a chat. Dying to see ye all over the Christmas and before. zen

Did you see there is a lovely woman giving out cuddles to 1000's in Alexandra Palace?

See? Cuddles are the cure. Hug

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15769467
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Gibson wrote:
mickyt wrote:Gibbo, I have my jerseys for the season. I got some smaller that can be implemented into my jersey rotation soon enough ha

Token Munster fan

Ah thats what Stag meant last night. Yeah. We had a great time last Christmas in Cassidys. Was just lovely. Singing songs and getting ver ver happy.

"I love you I do., yer me bestest mate... well... me bestest Leinster mate... "

Atmosphere was brilliant.

Whistle I only have Ulster v Scarlets in my diary that day. I could set Sky+. thumbsup Whistle Token Ulster fan
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:20 pm

What a legend of a woman. I love hugs me.

Gibbo, see you for pints soon man. Should be a cracker if last year is anything to go on...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Oh Rava

that would be pretty swell if you fancied a trek down. the more the merrier you know that.

Could turn into a proper meet this. Feels like haven't seen anyone in ages.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Yo Rav. Man, we are getting us a Cassidy's Chrstmas gig together. Grand.
2nd December is an early start, but what the feic. guinness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HwHyuraau4Q
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:26 pm

mickyt wrote:Oh Rava

that would be pretty swell if you fancied a trek down. the more the merrier you know that.

Just leave that one with me lads. Accommodation?? kiss
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Only way I'll make it up is to skip the Leinster match bring herself and do days Christmas shopping on the Saturday. Could be an option though.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I think the Amlin final is the day before my birthday Rava, so sounds good to me pal Ale Hug guinness

Oh Ozzy. That would be so cool. Specially if it was in The Stoop. Prayers devoted. I'll get the Ma to do a Novena. She's won us 2 x HC's and a SLAM so far. Not bad going. OK

Hoi Mickado. Yeah. Hugs are great. Handshakes are cold. People should always let each other know how they feel. Specially when its good. Spread de love.
Life is too short for stand-offishness(is that even a word?) guinness

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Rava wrote:
mickyt wrote:Oh Rava

Just leave that one with me lads. Accommodation?? kiss

Stay in de Ma's. She'd love to see you again. I'll even cook breakfast this time. Or will we go out to Howth again? That was nice. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm

It's a defo option.

Rava, hmm. we can sort something out on the accomodation front. that will be the least of the issues.

get involved.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm

red_stag wrote:Only way I'll make it up is to skip the Leinster match bring herself and do days Christmas shopping on the Saturday. Could be an option though.

Stag - and all others! - do any of you ever shop through amazon?

We are just about to launch a amazon affiliation in the next few days. The prices are the same as buying with them direct, the only difference is that we get a small commission payment for each purchase through our link.

So if any of you are buying Xmas presents (books, cds, blurays, Kindles), have a think about doing it through the link.

also some more great news - I have just been told that I have an invitation to go along to Glasgow Warriors for interviews and a article on their collective efforts for Movember!

Hitting the big time baby. Lets just hope they need high quality training....you know the rest.

If I could just turn my wins into money!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:33 pm

I do Hobo. Bought 4 things on Amazon last wee (Xmas)

Micky - yeh accommodation needs to be sorted. If we can nail that its on.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Gibbo, we'll talk about that next week. Might need you to swing it for me with Mrs R though Wink .

Hobo, thats great news. I do most online shopping through Amazon so I will be happy to go through this site. Anything that gets ye a buck or two thumbsup
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I am not 100% sure but my sister might be away that weekend.

if she is, we can defo crash in hers. il suss that out alright.

Il chat with Mickado as well see what options are available.

Hobo, might be an option alright. I will keep an eye out

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Hobo. De missus gets a lot of our books and sheet from Amazon & BOL.com. So, Im in man. We use it anyway. So, anything to help the cause. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:

Stag - and all others! - do any of you ever shop through amazon?

We are just about to launch a amazon affiliation in the next few days. The prices are the same as buying with them direct, the only difference is that we get a small commission payment for each purchase through our link.

So if any of you are buying Xmas presents (books, cds, blurays, Kindles), have a think about doing it through the link.

also some more great news - I have just been told that I have an invitation to go along to Glasgow Warriors for interviews and a article on their collective efforts for Movember!

Hitting the big time baby. Lets just hope they need high quality training....you know the rest.

If I could just turn my wins into money!
I swear I'm keeping Amazon afloat with my addiction to online shopping! - count me in OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Make sure you do plenty of daft stuff to store up the anecdote bank for the following weekend thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Hobo - If im buying again online I'll use it
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Glas a du wrote:Make sure you do plenty of daft stuff to store up the anecdote bank for the following weekend thumbsup

Thats a given mo chara.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:46 pm

regarding the amazon stuff, here are a few links we have already set up ready to go into the main article over the next 24 hours.

Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, 6" E Ink Display

Kindle Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

Ipad

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 X Box

Assassins Creed Revelations

Uncharted 3 : Drakes Deception

Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Although they may not be what you are intending on buying, I am led to believe that as long as you keep the session open after going via the link, anything you buy will be credited to us. In other words, if you click the Kindle link but then keep on browsing and end up buying a book, we would get credit.

However, i you clicked the link, then closed the window and opened up a new one through google later, we wouldnt. So make sure to go through one of the links and let me know if you buy anything as we would like to make sure its working!

Cheers!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:57 pm

For the London regulars (and PCPete if you can make it): https://www.606v2.com/t18507-meet-drink-mark-your-calendars

Any chance a mod could shove a 'sticky' on the OP? Ta

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:01 pm

done OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 pm

If you had only told me 3 hours ago Hobo?

Can I ask how the whole funding thing on here works?

Just tell me if it's none of my business like but I don't really know if anyone makes any money out of the site apart from the company that hosts it.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:done OK
Cheers thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:11 pm

at the moment, we pay a company to host it, pay for the domain name, and pay for adverts on the site to be removed.

This is funded in part by adverts that you see at the top.

We are hoping that these money making activities will pay for the above costs and also potentially leave money over which we plan to use for other activities such as advertising and promotion (and potentially moving to a better platform at a later date)

Hope that clears it up - I assure you, no one is getting rich of the site (althoguh I deserve to!) - well not yet anyway Wink

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 pm

thumbsup

Thanks Hobo!

Must say I wasn't meaning to imply that anyone was profiteering from this venture, just wasn't sure how it worked. You lot all do this just for the love of it then?

Apart from all the extra business you have raked in for your "High quality but affordable Training" of course!

Whistle

Seriously though. I think you are all doing a great job!

clap

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I think you all do a super job too - apart from the disaster that was "606 Rugby Awards" Smile

Hobo - do you think you could ever get 606 to level where you could earn from it.?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:32 pm

thats the dream!

I have got a second website I am launching anyday to do with amateur football - you will all be receiving an email in the next 24 hours about it. hopefully that will afford me a living off this.

Even if you are not interested, I would appreciate if you could join up - membership numbers and their perception are a powerful thing to prospective members if you know what I mean.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 pm

red_stag wrote:I think you all do a super job too - apart from the disaster that was "606 Rugby Awards" Smile

Hobo - do you think you could ever get 606 to level where you could earn from it.?

You couldn't let it lie could you!

Whistle
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Bit of Cry before I went home today. We'll keep in touch though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Cari - Hug

any requests for a pic in the bar in the next pub? Or can I leave the lovely Thierry up there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Micky T cause we miss his face Very Happy

Seriously, if you mean a rugby player....take your pick Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21