The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
kiakahaaotearoa
Adam D
PenfroPete
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
rodders
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
Glas a du
MBTGOG
Kenny
perthshirepuma
KiaRose
prop_lyd
Suspicious lurker
Cari
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
Hound_of_Harrow
Dave.
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
Thomond
MrsP
Mrs Penfro
Gibson
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
33 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing picture of newly crowned IRB World Player of the year Thierry Dusautoir.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

guinness Ale Laugh mug Erm guinness RedWine Yahoo guinness Ale censored

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t17793-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:58 am

He must be mid-thirties at least by now I'd say, Dreamer. It's our front five who'll have their work cut out tonight - and Perpignan have Guirado and Nicolas Mas to come off the bench...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:00 am

Still a little bit drunk to be honest. Hughie is a terrible influence! And that isn't said in a jokey sense!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 am

red_stag wrote:Sounds like a hangover Munsty Very Happy

Surprisingly the girlfriend asked me where WE are watching the Castres v Munster game. Last weeks heroics has her hooked.

She appreciates the Art of Sealing Off! What a girl!

Run
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:He must be mid-thirties at least by now I'd say, Dreamer. It's our front five who'll have their work cut out tonight - and Perpignan have Guirado and Nicolas Mas to come off the bench...

Adam Jones and Lewis Evans have been playing well though. I rate the lad Coombes (notice I resisted mentioning his Ginger hair) as well.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 am

MBTGOG wrote:Still a little bit drunk to be honest. Hughie is a terrible influence! And that isn't said in a jokey sense!

guinness cider guinness RedWine guinness RedWine vomit
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:15 am

Glas a du wrote:
red_stag wrote:Sounds like a hangover Munsty Very Happy

Surprisingly the girlfriend asked me where WE are watching the Castres v Munster game. Last weeks heroics has her hooked.

She appreciates the Art of Sealing Off! What a girl!

Run

One in a million Glas.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:17 am

Andrew Coombes has been really good for us, Glas. It's good that he can play second row and back row and is a line-out option too. Adam Jones has been in great form this season, unrecognisable almost from previous seasons.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 am

(Try again Cari...) Morning coffee

Hope everyone's well. What's the news in the pub? It's my penultimate day.

I stayed up too late last night, but the film was worth it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 am

Cari wrote:(Try again Cari...) Morning coffee

Hope everyone's well. What's the news in the pub? It's my penultimate day.

I stayed up too late last night, but the film was worth it.

Sock it to em!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:23 am

Morning Munsty, Stag, Glas, Dreamer... have I forgotten anyone? Wink

It's worth a late night for a good film now and then, Cari - but it has to be a good film.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 am

Lucky - well it must've been to keep me interested I'm not a big film fan. Extraordinary. See the last film thead for details...

Glas - have you lost a sock?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 am

Morning all.

Cari, I say wreck the gaff. You’re already boxed off with a new job, you should leave a kipper in the air vent or something, a parting gift.

I stayed up watching a movie myself, “The Village” one of M Night Shamamamamlan’s abominations. Really terrible crap, but it was so bad that slagging it became entertaining, so it was worth the watch. Someone should tell him that not every movie has to have a “big twist” at the end, when you’re watching anything that he makes you’re watching out for every little thing and can spot the twist coming a mile off.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:29 am

I watched The Hangover on RTE last night. Cheap laughs but great as always.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am

No, what you should do is sprinkle cress seeds on the carpet and water them. You won't be around to see the results, but still!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:31 am

Mickado - I was thinking of a turd in the desk drawer, but I haven't had any All Bran. Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:35 am

I liked it Mickado - you have to suspend belief but it not a bad effort. Though I didn't know it was one of yer man films - I'd have been watching for the twists otherwise.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 am

I've just had an email from a senior manager and they've spelt probably as proberly Doh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 am

Oooh getting business cards today Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:43 am

red_stag wrote:Oooh getting business cards today Smile

Have you seen that bit in American Psycho when the guys are comparing business cards? Are you going to be like that? Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 am

Cari, does that mean the senior manager has overruled the Outlook spellchecker? Surely 'proberly' would bring up a red squiggly line?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 am

Cari wrote:
red_stag wrote:Oooh getting business cards today Smile

Have you seen that bit in American Psycho when the guys are comparing business cards? Are you going to be like that? Wink

Jesus I hope not, he'll go banana's if anyone has a better one!

Ha, I was reading in RO'CK yesterday when he joins his old man's shredding business called "Shred Focking Everything", his dad hands him a business card which says "Ross O'Carroll Kelly - managing partner" and he turns to his dad and says "isn't there supposed to be like an o in portner?" Laugh

Classic Ross, i'll finish it today and start on the latest one "NAMA Mia!" tomorrow. Bloddy love those books.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:16 am

Those books sound really funny Mick. I must admit, I'd never heard of him before you mentioned him. I'll have to have to have a look at one of his books one day. I haven't read anything fictional for ages...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 am

I was thinking about it Cari, I think that anyone could find them funny once they got to grips with what is being said (it’s all written phonetically and with loads of slang) but there are so many Irish references in there that it might be hard to figure out what’s going on. Even Amanda can’t get her head around what he’s talking about.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:24 am

They're a bit marmitey Cari. Either love em or hate em.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:25 am

I'll give it a go. Have you ever read anything by Irvine Welsh? He writes in Scottish dialect, and once I got into the book the accent came through in ma heid likes Smile

Do you read a lot, or just like that fella's books?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am

red_stag wrote:They're a bit marmitey Cari. Either love em or hate em.

Or don't understand them!

I don't read that much at all. Mainly non-fiction.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 am

Don't like non fiction. I really don't like sports biograhies and people always get them for me. I know I will get at least two of Donnacha O'Callaghans book this Christmas.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

Ugh, why is 'The Boxer,' my least favourite Simon and Garfunkel song, the one that gets played on the radio the most?!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 am

Just having a break in here guys - it's better than my Mum's book club. Smile

I now wish we had never beaten SA in that quarter final - just give the damn thing to Biltong... and then watch Wales exact revenge in the 3rd place play-off.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:55 am

Which reminds me... I need to get my hands on a copy of Matfield's autobiography. A few recent gems in there I hear.

White Lightning it's called. Anyone read it?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 am

guinness Burp... arrrggghhhh. Run

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:02 am

I don't know if we'd have beaten the 'Boks in the play-off, Breaker, we didn't play at all well until the last quarter of an hour or so.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:05 am

But you proberly had sufficient motivation to lift for them after the Group match,.... no?

I would have tipped SA which would have meant you'd have won. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 am

Ha, you have my knack of tipping the losing team!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 am

I love marmite... just saying.

Lucky, most of my utube links are done on the iPhone using cut and paste so maybe there is a problem doing that. OK

Morning all, very busy this morning. While we await the result of our tender submission for Ravenhill, we are now submitting one for Windsor Park (Football Stadium)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 am

I'm going to come in casuals tomorrow as I'm finishing at noon and then going for drinkies. Do I wear a sports jersey? If so, which one? Dubs? Wales? O's? or Ireland? Decisions decisions.... Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:14 am

Fingers crossed for both, Rava - and it's no big deal with the Youtube clips, I'm sure you have impeccable taste in music Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 am

Good luck with that Rava. Will you find out today?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:17 am

Wear the O's, Cari guinness

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 am

I think I will Breaker - my gold one. Haven't worn that one in a while.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:29 am

and enjoy the last day at work there.

Send your Seniour Magner the following:

Dear _____,

As you are proberly awear, today is my last day. I just wanted to let you know that its (no apostrophe) been very satisfying four me. I have throughorly enjoyed working with the team and wish you and them all the success in the near future. There's and your support has been trooly appreeciated.

I hope this finds you well...

Love Cari (the hottie in the gold Osprey's shirt)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:31 am

Laugh I'm pinching that. I think I might put it on my Out of Office message.....

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am

Morning pub cuppa

Cari, hope your last day with your colleague goes as well as it can Hug

Kiwi, that'd be great if you're free for a pint. I'm due to finish 5/5.30 and I'll be on Buckingham Palace Road. I could come and meet you from work. My train back is at 8.00 from St Pancras. Sure we'll be able to find a watering hole for a guinness Smile

Gorgeous day here, just awaiting the arrival of my sis and the whirlwind that is my niece. The ducks on the canal will be fed, whether they're hungry not! Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:44 am

Morning Swanny - Fattening ducks in the park sounds like a good day out enjoy it Smile

We're going out for dinner soon and then I'll have snooze when I get back to the office... Whistle

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:48 am

Don't forget to buy some cress seeds! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 pm

So apparently the people of Israel are not satisfied with MUI software and are looking for a bespoke autorun language selection.
I mean, sure if they had submitted the request back when the SKUs were in RPMM review, maybe then. But FCS was months ago and now I have to clean this up with a multiple media quick fix. I’m up to my eyes in PCCs and ECOs now today.

Bloody Israel.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:06 pm

All I undesrstood of that was 'Israel.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Cari wrote:Good luck with that Rava. Will you find out today?

Should know about Ravenhill some time next week. The submission for Windsor Park goes in this afternoon. It will be about three weeks before we get any news.

Cari, enjoy your dinner later and for sure wear the gold top tomorrow. Enjoy your last day. Very Happy

Hi Swanny, Enjoying yourself then Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Whats the plan at Ravenhill Rava and when's it due from completion?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Rava wrote:I love marmite... just saying.

Lucky, most of my utube links are done on the iPhone using cut and paste so maybe there is a problem doing that. OK

Morning all, very busy this morning. While we await the result of our tender submission for Ravenhill, we are now submitting one for Windsor Park (Football Stadium)

Best of luck with the submissions Rava, thumbsup

I know what you're going through. I was involved in the design/tenders for the RAS Showground, the Woodchop Arena (both part of Olympic Precinct-Sydney Royal Easter Show relocation), plus did some work on Stadium Australia, the proposed Bulldogs Stadium in Liverpool, NSW (never went ahead) and did some design work on the Batu Kawan National Stadium on Penang Island in Malaysia. The amount of documentation for some of those projects was immense... we often worked through the night.

If successful - I'm sure you will be even busier than you are now!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next