The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
kiakahaaotearoa
Adam D
PenfroPete
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
rodders
Mickado
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
Glas a du
MBTGOG
Kenny
perthshirepuma
KiaRose
prop_lyd
Suspicious lurker
Cari
Notch
RuggerRadge2611
Hound_of_Harrow
Dave.
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
Thomond
MrsP
Mrs Penfro
Gibson
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
33 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 12 Nov - 17:42

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing picture of newly crowned IRB World Player of the year Thierry Dusautoir.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

guinness Ale Laugh mug Erm guinness RedWine Yahoo guinness Ale censored

Last Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t17793-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PenfroPete Thu 17 Nov - 12:39

UP TO DATE - Listings thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 17 Nov - 12:44

MBTGOG wrote:Still a little bit drunk to be honest. Hughie is a terrible influence! And that isn't said in a jokey sense!

Before my good reputation gets ruined ill have you know all I did was convince him to kiss a girl. BIG FOCKING DEAL
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 Nov - 12:46

I'm gobsmacked Hughie Shocked

Why on earth had he to be convinced to kiss this girl?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 17 Nov - 12:50

Stag: me and you can compare business cards on the drive down to Exeter!!

Afternoon all: rather posh buffet with thick ham slices, fresh fruit and pasta with olives and herbs Smile plus my boss has mentioned to me that I may be getting a student to mentor Yahoo

Yeah why would he have to be persuaded...surely he would have to be pulled off women?! Uless it's true and he only has eyes for hoog!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 17 Nov - 13:07

hughie1986 wrote:
MBTGOG wrote:Still a little bit drunk to be honest. Hughie is a terrible influence! And that isn't said in a jokey sense!

Before my good reputation gets ruined ill have you know all I did was convince him to kiss a girl. BIG FOCKING DEAL

I hope you advised him to take precautions if things got out of hand.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 17 Nov - 13:14

At least they didn't hold hands. That's when it really gets out of hand.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 13:16

I kissed a girl and I liked it.

Afternoon all. the misus going away tomorrow to the Edinburgh until Monday night.

and while the cats away, the mouse will play lots of xbox in his jocks.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 Nov - 13:19

roddersm wrote:Whats the plan at Ravenhill Rava and when's it due from completion?

Rodders, and anyone else who is interested: - here is a little synopsis of what is happening.

IRFU Ulster Branch proposes to increase the capacity of Ravenhill in Belfast from its current capacity of 11,712 to a venue capable of holding approximately 18,000 spectators by 2015. The total projected cost of this proposal is estimated at between £13 and £14 Million.
The construction of these facilities and ground improvements is subject to European Procurement Policy and must be fully commissioned for operation by 31st May 2014.

Construction of the two new stands at either end of the ground will commence December 2012 and will be completed in time for the start of the 2013/14 Season.
Construction of the new Stand to replace the existing is due to commence at the end of the 2012/13 season and be completed in 13 months. Other work includes the reconfiguration of existing entrances and new turnstiles. The War Memorial is to be relocated but will remain within the grounds.

Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 17 Nov - 13:19

Did it taste of cherry chapstick? If you're playing plenty of Xbox get Modern Warfare if you don't have it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 13:31

It tasted a bit of cherry chapstick and a little bit like of onions. she never brushed her Teeth.

Thom, I do like MW3 and have been playing it a good bit when I am playing it on my own. But when some of my mates are online, it's all about the battlefield. we have a well oiled machine of a squad going.

See, I only ever play online. don't really play single player mode in games unless my internet is gone kaput
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 17 Nov - 13:32

I don't have it yet but games like that are about the online play rather than single player story mode.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 13:35

Hey all. Back from a lovely lunch. My colleagues (excluding our top manager who didn't contribute) are so generous, they did a collection a while back for me and I got £55. Smile My pal here liked what I got her as a parting gift as well, so that's a relief.

I also saw Derwyn (bald rugby pundit off S4C) - he's massive!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 13:42

Yeh exactly. I would recommend it. I am able to play both Thom. so it's not a case of picking one over the other.

you're a ps3 kind of guy aren't ye?

nice few quid Cari. when are you finishing up? I ain't been in much so is it a completely new job or moving to a different department (sorry for not knowing )
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 13:49

Micky Tikka! Long time no chinwag. Miss your face Very Happy I've been redeployed to another office - still under the same organisation but another department. I'm finishing tomorrow at noon and going for drinkies with my pal who works across the road. My colleague here is off tomorrow so we say our ta-ra's today Crying or Very sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 13:55

ah right. makes sense.. well best of luck with it all Smile

I know it was something that needed to be sorted by yourself. so that's good that you have it all sorted...

Yeh, it sure has been a long time. I don't get in as often. I should make more time. as I have said many a time before, if this "mobile" version ever came out of testing then I would certainly be more active on the forum.

Just at home, the Ipad or Iphone gets more use than my laptop so the site doesn't lend itself too easy navigating with mobile devices.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 13:57

Everything all right with you though Micky? I bet you'll miss Herself when she goes away. What's she up to in Edinburgh, anything exciting?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 Nov - 14:03

Cari, I remember my dad telling me years ago that he'd been in a newsagents and heard a voice that sounded like it was coming from the ceiling. It was Derwyn Jones, standing behind him (and above him!).

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Nov - 14:05

Afternoon all - got some exciting news (its been a while since I had something positive to say!).

I have just managed to get us a brilliant Q&A arranged.

My only clues are - he has a beard and played in the Semi Final of the RWC!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 14:08

Lucky - I'm not surprised, he looked like he stood at about 6'8!

Hobo - Well it's not Tommy! raspberry Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 17 Nov - 14:09

Adam Jones then. Good work!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 Nov - 14:11

Adam Jones, really? That is good work!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Nov - 14:11

Cari wrote:

are you sure?

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Nov - 14:12

Mickado wrote:Adam Jones then. Good work!
thumbsup just finalising the details but it looks like it might happen.

Also might get something exclusive with Glasgow Warriors but not sure what yet.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 14:13

Laugh Now that is the worst attempt at a mo/Grav I have ever seen!

Adam Jones!? That would be awesome.

Q. Mr Jones, is your hair naturally curly and is Frizzeze any good for it?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 17 Nov - 14:13

By the way, Hobo. I can't believe you gave 'Surf's Up' five out of ten. For shame! Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Nov - 14:16

Can I ask a favour of you all please.

Could you all just take 5 minutes to vote in a couple of the award polls we have going, especially the 3 following ones:

https://www.606v2.com/t18303-606v2-awards-2011-male-grooming
https://www.606v2.com/t18339-606v2-awards-2011-tv-personality
https://www.606v2.com/t18297-606v2-awards-2011-film

(and if you are unsure, just vote Bulldog, Derren Brown and Hobo with a shotgun!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 14:18

Hobo - am I allowed to vote on the male grooming? I haven't groomed a male for a wee while... Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Nov - 14:19

Just imagine your sitting astride Tommy. Which of those products would you like to rub into his skin? (Answer - Bulldog!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 14:20

What's Bulldog when it's at home? Or did you mean a bulldog? Is that like a new grooming ritual, get a bulldog to lick your face? Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 14:20

Hobo, that is literally the worst photo shop jobby I have witnessed. that said, I appreciate the effort made Smile

Cari, all good here. I tend not to miss people I am going to see again. we are together 5 and a half years on Saturday. (which isn't significiant other than she will officially become my longest girlfriend)

Anyway, I briefly tried to make her feel guilty about that to bring me back a present. But this backfired when it was duely noted that I was in Cardiff for the HC final when our 5 year Anniversary cameon by..

She is just going over with her best friend. a weekend break with a wee bit of shopping I believe.

I have asked her to try get me back my bus fair money I gave to a damzel in distress when we were at the HC cup final in 09. Only for her to get on the bus with her fella. ha

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 14:26

Awh congratulations to you both Micky. I hope you got her a lovely treat to celebrate! Smile Perhaps she'll bring you back a wee bottle of whisky (is it Scottish without the "e" I can't remember...?).

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 14:29

Hope not Cari. I am more or less off the beer until Christmas.

had a few binges the last while (Mickado helped with one) that resulted in weight watchers not going as well so just knuckle down until Christmas apart from a mates 30th and a possible christmas sing song night with Gibbo when he is over.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 17 Nov - 14:31

Good to hear with the money cari!!

Hobo: think I did a few of them yesterday.

So I've come to this training with my boss, he's just left and I've ended up with someone taking my details about running drama workshops for children with disabilities....close to dream job Yahoo fingers crossed this comes off!!

Tempted to skip the plenary and get home early.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 17 Nov - 14:33

Hobo

Great work on the Q & A, just seen it on twitter. OK

Am royally pished off right now, just heard that Shontayne Hape has been given a 4 week ban for his tackle on David Denton.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 14:34

Is that a potential new job with a new company Prop? or is it under the umbrella of your current place?

Either way, best of luck with it chief.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 14:35

Didn't see the tackle Oz, but I presume you feel it a bit harsh?
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 17 Nov - 14:42

I'll put it this way Mick, the referee (Mr Poite) was 2 metres away and gave a scrum to Irish for Denton knocking the ball on.

It was a massive hit, which personally I don't feel warranted a citing, but having been cited, to then get more than the low entry level ban of 2 weeks is just staggering to me.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 14:46

Oh Right. I must look up the clip of it. see what it was about.

he going to appeal I take it?
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 17 Nov - 14:48

No idea to be honest. It's not come out officially that he's got 4 weeks yet, but I have it from a reliable source.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 14:56

Awh Micky, I know you've done really well on the WW, but Christmas is coming and you're allowed to fall off the wagon a bit Smile

Hobo - that's really good news about getting AJ on board for the Q & A. Just don't forward my question about the hairdo...I was taking the pish Wink

Off early for a coffee with my other pal soon. I should leave more often! Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 17 Nov - 15:08

...and I just got offered a breakfast in the canteen tomorrow. Boom! Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 Nov - 15:14

Cari wrote:...and I just got offered a breakfast in the canteen tomorrow. Boom! Smile

Is this a breakfast worth getting or will you be in some worthwhile company Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 15:17

Jesus they pull out all the stops when you're leaving ha.

Yeh Cari, plan is to get to the 3 stone mark by xMAS and then from there eat and drink rings around myself Smile
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 17 Nov - 15:20

You want to only weigh 3 stone. Modelling are you?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 Nov - 15:23

You haven't reached the 3 stone mark yet? What's keeping you? Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 17 Nov - 15:24

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
Cari wrote:

are you sure?

Spoiler:

Sorry Hobo, founder or not, the rules in here are clear - no graffiti on Tommy's photo. Ban for you - sine die I'm afraid.

Sad but there we are, there can be no exceptions to the rules
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 17 Nov - 15:26

Rava wrote:You haven't reached the 3 stone mark yet? What's keeping you? Whistle

Beer and food Rava.. apparently you eat and then some times the weight stays on you.

it's a bloody fix I tells ya Smile

Yeh, I raced to 2 and a half stone. but the last 6 weeks have been hit and miss..

But sure what's the rush I guess. spent my life putting it on. what's a little bit longer getting it off.

Last edited by mickyt on Thu 17 Nov - 15:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops. spelt someones real name)
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 17 Nov - 15:50

And Cox, after pinning Hape to the ground and forearm smashing him in the face gets 1 week as he's a nice boy really and is very sorry about the whole thing…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15734892.stm

Absolute joke!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 17 Nov - 15:58

Ozzy3213 wrote:And Cox, after pinning Hape to the ground and forearm smashing him in the face gets 1 week as he's a nice boy really and is very sorry about the whole thing…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15734892.stm

Absolute joke!

A poor Pete. Life's never fair mate Hug

Take a chill pill. Sure it will be better if we meet in the Amlin Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 17 Nov - 16:04

You look like a roysh roide now though Micky. (Not that you didnt before) Look really good in that noody pose pic ya sent me. OK Ale

Seriously man, well done you. Looking great Michael.

This means new jerseys for Christmas?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next