The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh clubs destroying oppossition

+13
Draigoch
SubsBench
Hound_of_Harrow
munkian
mrsuperclear
Knowsit17
BATH_BTGOG
Morgannwg
LordDowlais
maestegmafia
wales606
nathan
westernosprey
17 posters

Go down

Welsh clubs destroying oppossition Empty Welsh clubs destroying oppossition

Post by westernosprey Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:57 pm

Is this the best ever start to a European campaign for Welsh clubs?

If Wales can retain / improve on their world cup form then they should win the Six Nations. Wales must not underestimate an embarrassed Ireland or a battered England, but all Wales have to do is carry on like they have.

I believe Wales world cup was over when Priestland got injured. The Warburton incident was nowhere near as important as losing Priestland. He is awesome.

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Welsh clubs destroying oppossition Empty Re: Welsh clubs destroying oppossition

Post by nathan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

wasn't it the same story last year in the HC?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

If the Scarlets and Blues win today, then it will be an impressive record
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:19 pm

Well...

They won

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm

Let's give it a rest with the gloating. If and when it goes t*ts up then we'll look pretty stupid. I'm all for celebrating regional sucess, but rubbing peoples noses in it is pretty ungracious. Still a long way to go in this comp. I hate to say it but imagine how much we'd be complaining if the English posters were talking about 7 out of 7 and destroying the Welsh. My experience of these boards is that the recent European powerhouses, Munster and Leinster, have fans that are pretty gracious when winning and that's so much better than being bad winners.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

Blues really didn't destroy anything, in fact they cocked up most things, good team with a very poor flyhalf

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:45 pm

And scarlets may have got a bonus point four try win but they made some sloppy errors that let saints get an lbp...

Welsh rugby has improved this year but still a very long way to go before we can expect European success

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

Dan parks had mom last week, then he plays like a man lost in the fog this week. What is up with him ? The Blues need a decent 10 to get the likes of Cuthbert, James, Roberts, Lua La La, Halfpenny, running at the opposition. Not somebody who kicks or throws it like a hot potatoe as soon as he gets it. Surely out of all the clubs in the Blues "region" they should be able to find a decent 10. Perhaps they should try looking north of A470 and try to find a player from the valley's. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:08 pm

I agree ld

Though I didn't rate him last week. Flyhalf play is not just about goal kicking.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:19 pm

Dowlais, do Blues ever recruit player from Rhonnda? From what I've seen over the years that valley produces some exceptional players.

Also, don't think we should gloat until we actually win the thing. Although until then I'm happy with rubbing it in the noses of posters who tell us every weekend that Welsh teams will lose all their games, a la SafeAsMilk.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:33 pm

One thing is clear we're playing too much rugby in England, even the fit players are carrying injuries, as much as I hate to say it the whole structure of the English game needs to change, too many games, too many average Joe's and billy foreigners, too many people in charge of the game are killing it.

We need to re-look at regional rugby. Crying or Very sad

Well played the Welsh regions.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:One thing is clear we're playing too much rugby in England, even the fit players are carrying injuries, as much as I hate to say it the whole structure of the English game needs to change, too many games, too many average Joe's and billy foreigners, too many people in charge of the game are killing it.

We need to re-look at regional rugby. Crying or Very sad

Well played the Welsh regions.
Never thought I would read you write that?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

Not a fan of cocky threads like this... it's this sort of thing that encouraged the 'bad winners' stereotype on the old 606. Round 2 isn't even over yet and the Ospreys still have Treviso to travel to which is becoming anything but a given. Save some gloating for when we win the thing I say and even then keep it banter level OK

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:25 am

Well played Cardiff and particularly Scarlets....I'm much more worried about them now than I would have been yesterday! A bonus point win in Northampton? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that score. Brilliant. I'm sure the Ospreys will win tomorrow so all positive for ye....

Then again, Munster are going to beat Castres, Leinster will hammer Glasgow, Ulster will send the Tigers packing and Connacht will show Toulouse that graveyard of their's beside the Sportsground and bury them....awww that's going to be a great dream tonight king

Seriously, good for Cardiff and the Scarlets but it's only round two, they have plenty of work left to do to get to a quarter final stage. When was the last time Cardiff got to the 1/4's? 2009? And Scarlets in 2007? Not good enough, so less of the gloating until it's truly merited OP! And even then, it's just bad taste to rub salt into the wounds....

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:43 am

Good luck to the Irish teams ! thumbsup
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sat 19 Nov 2011, 8:37 am

Griff wrote:Let's give it a rest with the gloating. If and when it goes t*ts up then we'll look pretty stupid. I'm all for celebrating regional sucess, but rubbing peoples noses in it is pretty ungracious. Still a long way to go in this comp. I hate to say it but imagine how much we'd be complaining if the English posters were talking about 7 out of 7 and destroying the Welsh. My experience of these boards is that the recent European powerhouses, Munster and Leinster, have fans that are pretty gracious when winning and that's so much better than being bad winners.

+1

I have to say, at the moment the Welsh regions look to have brought back all the positive stuff from a good Welsh RWC campaign; and the English clubs have brought back all of England's bad stuff.

Well played the regions so far, and good luck.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

Griff wrote:Let's give it a rest with the gloating. If and when it goes t*ts up then we'll look pretty stupid. I'm all for celebrating regional sucess, but rubbing peoples noses in it is pretty ungracious. Still a long way to go in this comp. I hate to say it but imagine how much we'd be complaining if the English posters were talking about 7 out of 7 and destroying the Welsh. My experience of these boards is that the recent European powerhouses, Munster and Leinster, have fans that are pretty gracious when winning and that's so much better than being bad winners.

Spot on.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

SubsBench wrote:

Spot on.

Topman.

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

Fully supported the Welsh regions last night and Im really glad they are doing well in the HC.

But seriously some of these posts are absolutely cretinous. Maestegmafia made a post just after the Scarlets beat Saints about Northampton being the dirtiest team around and this post runs along similar lines.

Some people need to learn how to win, and lets be frank there still isn't a Welsh name on the HC so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet.

edit - Just seen griffs post above so sorry if I'm repeating. Smile

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:46 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:Fully supported the Welsh regions last night and Im really glad they are doing well in the HC.

But seriously some of these posts are absolutely cretinous. Maestegmafia made a post just after the Scarlets beat Saints about Northampton being the dirtiest team around and this post runs along similar lines.

Some people need to learn how to win, and lets be frank there still isn't a Welsh name on the HC so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet.

edit - Just seen griffs post above so sorry if I'm repeating. Smile

I stand by opinion on Saints. Their behaviour was appalling.. That has nothing to do with Welsh Regional success in Europe.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

maestegmafia wrote:That has nothing to do with Welsh Regional success in Europe.
What Welsh regional success in Europe exactly? Wink

Some dreadful comments by you on here recently maesteg. Be careful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 19 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:That has nothing to do with Welsh Regional success in Europe.

Exactly what the majority of us have already pointed out.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

Yes, but it sometimes needs to be repeated to stop fair weather fans getting over-excited, wouldn't you say?

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

Cyril/safeasmilk...!

This thread is on the fact that the regions have won all seven of their matches so far.

I think you predicted losses for all in the poll this week. Any comment on your surprise at how well the regions are doing and the great style and panache they are playing with.

Scarlett's four try bonus point win at franklins gardens was a wonderful game.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:14 pm

Why are you saying Cyril? I wonder what happened to him though. Was he banned or did he not join v2?

maesteg, stop trolling with your one-eyed spiteful comments about English sides please. It's just nasty vitriol that you seem to post on here. What's your problem with the English? It's bordering on greyghost and look what happened to him. Just calm down and think about what you post on all those threads where you're just having a nasty little dig all the time.

Yes, good start by the Welsh regions. Quite surprised actually. Fair play to them they're performing well above themselves at the moment. Well done [patshead]!

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 19 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Why are you saying Cyril? I wonder what happened to him though. Was he banned or did he not join v2?

maesteg, stop trolling with your one-eyed spiteful comments about English sides please. It's just nasty vitriol that you seem to post on here. What's your problem with the English? It's bordering on greyghost and look what happened to him. Just calm down and think about what you post on all those threads where you're just having a nasty little dig all the time.

Yes, good start by the Welsh regions. Quite surprised actually. Fair play to them they're performing well above themselves at the moment. Well done [patshead]!

+1
Is that pathead with a little tweak Wink

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by westernosprey Sat 19 Nov 2011, 2:35 pm

Cyril/Hersh/Nottins was on here, looks like he just went back under his rock.

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:42 pm

westernosprey wrote:Cyril/Hersh/Nottins was on here, looks like he just went back under his rock.

Instead of creating yet another username..... chin
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 19 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

Welsh teams often do well over the first few weeks then it all goes wrong at the end.
Lets pat ourselves on the back when we have 2-3 teams in the quarter finals.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Well, no Welsh team has lost yet... Whistle
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

Breadvan wrote:
westernosprey wrote:Cyril/Hersh/Nottins was on here, looks like he just went back under his rock.

Instead of creating yet another username..... chin

Don't worry I often get accused of being those 3 people also Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down