The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Team for Six Nations

5 posters

Go down

England Team for Six Nations Empty England Team for Six Nations

Post by tom_watson Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:20 pm

This has probably been done before, but I'm relatively new to this and would like to share what I feel would be England's strongest squad for the six nations, starting with our first game away at Edinburgh against Scotland.

MY EPS

Ben Foden, Mike Brown, Tom Homer, Chris Ashton, Charlie Sharples, Matt Banahan, Manu Tuilagi, Dom Waldouck, Brad Barritt, Owen Farrell, Toby Flood, Danny Cipriani*, Ben Youngs, Danny Care, Joe Simpson.
Thomas Waldrom, Phil Dowson, David Seymour, Tom Wood, Chris Robshaw, Tom Croft, Dave Attwood, Courtney Lawes, George Robson, Tom Palmer*, Dan Cole, Dave Wilson, Dylan Hartley, Rob Webber, David Paice, Alex Corbisiero, Joe Marler.

*Exceptional Circumstances.

Flood, Cipriani, Homer and Farrell are all accomplished goal kickers.

Wood - captain, Robshaw - v.captain.

SAXONS

Alex Goode, Olly Morgan, Miles Benjamin, Adam Thompstone, Topsy Ojo, Christian Wade, Jonathan Joseph, Henry Trinder, Jordan Turner-Hall, Billy Twelvetrees, Freddie Burns, Ryan Lamb, Lee Dickson, Karl Dickson, Dave Lewis.
Carl Fearns, Luke Narraway, Matt Kvesic, James Gibson, Tom Johnson, Callum Clarke, Nick Kennedy, Joe Launchberry, Ed Slater, George Skirvington, Paul Doran-Jones, Henry Thomas, Joe Gray, Chris Brooker, Tom Youngs, Nathan Catt, Max Lahiff.

Narraway - captain, Trinder - v.captain.

Currently injured for Six Nations

Anthony Allen, Richard Wigglesworth, Tom Guest, Jordan Crane, Geoff Parling, Anthony Sheridan

High Profile Players Not Picked

Delon Armitage, Mark Cueto, Mike Tindall, Shontayne Hape, Riki Flutey, Charlie Hodgson, Jonny Wilkinson, Nick Easter, Hendre Fourie, Simon Shaw, Louis Deacon, Matt Stevens, Lee Mears.

What do you think? have I been too harsh to previous high profile players?

tom_watson

Back to top Go down

England Team for Six Nations Empty Re: England Team for Six Nations

Post by Looseheaded Sun 27 Nov 2011, 4:33 am

I'd have Lee Mears in there, and also Shawsy. Argree with Cipriani and the omission of Armitage, Cueto, Hape, Easter amd Deacon.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 27 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

I would be very suprised if Cipriani got a call up. He and the likes of Tom Palmer playing overseas is another one i dont tihink will get a call either.

Lee Dickson migth get a chance for the senior team come 6ns.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 27 Nov 2011, 11:46 am

If Dickson keeps up yesterday’s form for any length of time he is a shoe in for the squad. Care and Youngs are very alike, Dickson offers something different, like Simpson in a way, but he has more experience and can do something none of the others seem to do; boss the forwards.

It is no coincidence that Saints forwards play better when he is playing, he guides the riving mauls better than any 9 since Matt Dawson. He distribution is quick and he keeps up the momentum that Saints need to play their game. England have always looked good if they can get the momentum going, so Dickson should suit them very well.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:36 pm

Cant argue with the most of it....

If he is still playing so well i'd like to see Wade fast tracked to the Senior team....im also a big fan of Topsy Ojo and think he should be a Senior Squad member...but we are quite blessed with wingers to be honest...

And we have NO No.8's fit who have any experience....unless you want to start Alex gray...so i think Easter is our only option short term...

Wouldnt want Cipriani anywhere near either squad....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down