The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane

+9
Mad for Chelsea
msp83
chewed_mintie
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
kiakahaaotearoa
Demon Racer
skyeman
Fists of Fury
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane Empty Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:06 am

December 1-5, 2011 at Woolloongabba Ground, Brisbane

Start time: 1000 (0000 GMT, 1100 EDT)

So it's all about to start here tomorrow morning with Australia still favourites; despite the fact that there will be at least 3 debutants and New Zealand believing they have a very good chance of winning in Australia for the first time in 26 years. Either way it should be an entertaining match given Australia's series levelling performance in Johannesburg and New Zealand's slightly more settled line-up since their recent tour to Zimbabwe.

Pitch & Conditions:
There's always plenty of seam and bounce at the Gabba, and captains can be tempted to send the opposition in. The forecast is for thunder and rain on the opening day, while showers could also fall on the final two days.

Australia:
1 David Warner, 2 Phillip Hughes, 3 Usman Khawaja, 4 Ricky Ponting, 5 Michael Clarke (capt), 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Brad Haddin (wk),
8 Peter Siddle, 9 James Pattinson, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Mitchell Starc

New Zealand:
1 Martin Guptill, 2 Brendon McCullum, 3 Kane Williamson, 4 Ross Taylor (capt), 5 Jesse Ryder, 6 Dean Brownlie, 7 Daniel Vettori,
8 Reece Young (wk), 9 Doug Bracewell, 10 Tim Southee, 11 Chris Martin

Last edited by Linebreaker on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : team update)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane Empty Re: Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 pm

I'll be interested to see how Warner plays, and whether he reins in his attacking instinct at all, or whether he shows a bit too much of it.

I suspect he will do well against the New Zealand bowlers, but a decent mini-bite of this Test for sure.

Predictions? Can NZ do it? Think this first Test will be close.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane Empty Re: Australia v New Zealand: First Test, Brisbane

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 pm

it starts at midnight english time, i will be up wtaching it. Looking forward to this game

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Be sure to watch James Bond - Diamonds Are Forever on ITV4 or whatever it is first, cf Wink Finishes 11.30ish.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:00 pm

doing a spot of advertising there are ya fists?

are itv4 our next lot to come on here and start debates? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Haha! Fair play.

I'd love some James Bond debates...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:26 pm

well if this game is a let down then we can start some lol Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Plenty of run's to be had at the Gabba. Always bat first.
Gonna watch for the whole seven hours if i can make it. Far too addicted for my own good Very Happy

FoF - Is there any way that i can change my vote on the global SPOTY thread please?.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:16 pm

Please do not mind me guy's but i shall be posting a lot on this match (every boundary, incident and so on) just so we/I can return the Emancipator's kind post from the tennis section that he recently sent.
Should be able to do so in about a month, especially with the tennis season ending soon. Wink

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 pm

so will i skyeman i will be staying up for the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:so will i skyeman i will be staying up for the game.

Great Cf, catch you at midnight Very Happy Let's hope the predicted thunderstorms do not materalise for the mornings start of play. Fingers crossed.

Fine at the moment.

Last edited by skyeman on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Really looking forward to seeing Warner smash it in Test cricket. I remember last year when Sehwag said Warner is a Test player, and the majority of the cricketing media laughed/slaughtered Sehwag. How times have changed. Also really looking forward to see how Pattinson fairs, if he gets a game.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:55 pm

Just reminded me of the days before sky sports when we would not have been able to watch this match.
If it were England away to Aus/NZ I would be under my blanket listening to my wee radio at 3 or 4am. Aaaaahh good old days. Yahoo

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Demon Racer wrote:Really looking forward to seeing Warner smash it in Test cricket. I remember last year when Sehwag said Warner is a Test player, and the majority of the cricketing media laughed/slaughtered Sehwag. How times have changed. Also really looking forward to see how Pattinson fairs, if he gets a game.

Definitely better than his brother when he played for England i should think. Very Happy

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:02 pm

skyeman wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:Really looking forward to seeing Warner smash it in Test cricket. I remember last year when Sehwag said Warner is a Test player, and the majority of the cricketing media laughed/slaughtered Sehwag. How times have changed. Also really looking forward to see how Pattinson fairs, if he gets a game.

Definitely better than his brother when he played for England i should think. Very Happy
Darren Pattinson did the job asked of him, not his fault he was selected. Plus he had a really good season for Victoria prior to his Test call up.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Demon Racer wrote:
skyeman wrote:

Darren Pattinson did the job asked of him, not his fault he was selected. Plus he had a really good season for Victoria prior to his Test call up.

True, he was not treated too well. One Test and out.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:11 pm

skyeman wrote:
cricketfan90 wrote:so will i skyeman i will be staying up for the game.

Great Cf, catch you at midnight Very Happy Let's hope the predicted thunderstorms do not materalise for the mornings start of play. Fingers crossed.

Fine at the moment.

catch ya then. i hope it dont rain or will be p****d off, for waiting up for it to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:01 pm

It looks like Ben Cutting will be carrying the drinks... and Mitchell Starc will earn his first Test Cap.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/starc-reality-blue-could-be-in-for-the-long-haul-20111130-1o72a.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Last edited by skyeman on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:20 pm

The weather is cloudy but not raining yet censored

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:23 pm

skyeman wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:It looks like Ben Cutting will be carrying the drinks... and Mitchell Starc will earn his first Test Cap.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/starc-reality-blue-could-be-in-for-the-long-haul-20111130-1o72a.html

Starc definitely playing, he just got his baggy green.

Three debut's in this game, forced in to it quite a bit, but still rare.

Some Aus supporters saying that cutting should have played (ave 14 at the Gabba), and that with Starc in, the NSW bias is alive and well.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Kiwis won the toss and will bat.

Yeah, Cutting was very unlucky to miss out.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 pm

If there is anything in this pitch for the bowlers, they will not get a better chance than with these overcast conditions.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:00 am

Very good crowd in, nice to see Very Happy

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:01 am

It looks packed with all those coloured seats doesn't it? Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 am

Watching on Channel 9, Richie Benaud and Tony Greig, Heaven Very Happy

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:08 am

McCullum with a drive for four, then a four over the slips and then another drive for four in the 1st over. 13-0. T20 lol

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 am

Not the debut 1st over Pattinson would have wanted.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

A 1st ball wide from Siddle, are they nervous?

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 am

Wow, this new hot spot they are using is impressive, you can even see the veins in the batsmans arms. WOW.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:17 am

Upstairs for a run out, Not out, but NZ fortunate.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 am

much better 2nd over for Pattinson.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 am

Plenty of movement for the bowlers.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 am

A McCullum slash to the 3rd man boundary, he looks like he is in an ODI.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:26 am

4 for Guptil, 29-0, 5 overs

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:31 am

Back to normality, just 1 from the 6th over.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 am

McCullum smacks a 4 through the covers 28 from 28 balls.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:54 am

NZ 44-0, 10 overs.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:56 am

At last a wicket.
Guptill goes for 13, caught Haddin bowled Siddle.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:56 am

Guptil gone, caught by Haddin. Siddle gets his man. NZ 44-1

Last edited by skyeman on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:58 am

The 1st hour was looking like NZ's. Aus needed that.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:03 am

A gloved streaky 4 for Wiilliamson to get off the mark.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:09 am

The 50 is up, NZ 50-1, 13th over.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:15 am

McCullum pulls Siddle for a cracking 4, beautiful shot.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 am

Starc gets McCullum, soft dismissal 56-2

clap Starc on your 1st Test wicket.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 am

Williamson smacks a long hop from Lyon through point for 4.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:40 am

Taylor whacks it to short leg, staight in, straight out. tough one.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:41 am

Next ball he flicks one to the ropes.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:43 am

Aussies session now, Williamson gone, c Khawaja b Lyon

NZ now on the back foot.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 am

Kane Williamson pops one up to Khawaja off the bowling of Lyon.

78/3 now as Jesse strides to the crease.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next