The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article

+3
Crimey
Brady12
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article  Empty WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article

Post by Fernando Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:25 pm

WWE.com has pulled last week's controversial Thanksgiving-themed slideshow article counting down the seven biggest "turkeys" to ever trot the squared circle. The page is now inaccessible.

The list was heavily scrutinized by fans and former talent alike who felt it was hurtful as well as hypocritical. Former WWE performers Vito LoGrasso (a/k/a Vito) and Nick Cvjetkovich (a/k/a Kizarny) both took to social media outlets to respond to being labeled turkeys. Vito stated the following Friday on Facebook:

"A lot of people are upset with the WWE today. They spoke of me in a negative way which put the fans in shock. How would they post something like this on a holiday?! I have a family and the kids are all upset. I thought they had an anti-bullying policy."

LoGrasso stated in a subsequent interview that he planned to take the matter to GLAAD and TMZ, pointing out the hypocrisy in WWE bullying him when they have an anti-bullying campaign in place.

Cvjetkovich shared similar sentiments regarding his former employer's demeaning piece as he called it "a dick move" in a YouTube video. He added on Twitter, "So much for anti-bullying @WWE @JoeyStyles. Receiving tons of positive messages is the only thing that saved my Thanksgiving that u wrecked!"

Source: nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article  Empty Re: WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article

Post by Brady12 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm

Any ideas on the full list.... Great over it!!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article  Empty Re: WWE take down controversial Thanks-giving article

Post by Crimey Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:52 am

It is ridiculous that they are happy to wear a dress on national television, or be a carnival performer where they look completely stupid, but then get offended when their characters (not them!) are called turkeys.

Clearly just trying to hang on to some form of publicity because they know they are completely irrelevant.

Since when was being called a turkey that offensive anyway? And it was calling their characters turkeys! And their characters were stupid!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:54 am

Seriously... The www calling you a turkey has ruined your thanks giving, has your kids upset and makes you feel bullied...really? I thought us Brits were a sensitive bunch but this takes the biscuit! This should be water off a ducks back for a (former) pro wrestler. Sounds Luke sour grapes to me!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

Sounds like their trying to grab any publicity they can. Neither had impressive careers, and most fans these days will never have heard of them.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

What a bunch of Turkeys...

I think it was meant in a lighthearted way, and I don't see it as bullying. They were poking fun at a character, not the people behind them.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorch The Dragon Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:58 am

Bullying is the sustained and persistent action intended to hurt, upset or devalue an individual. according to the anti bully policy at the schol I work at.

If a kid came to me everytime someone said a nasty thing about them claiming to be bullied, my job would be impossible, these grown men need to get a grip.

To be honest I'd have laughed and been thankful that the WWE still remembered me, who knows, they might have rehired all 7 top turkeys and had them form some kind of faction knowing creative, all wearing full on turkey costumes, bet they wouldnt have complained then!

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down