The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter

+6
ONETWOFOREVER
Nico the gman
88Chris05
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
Daz
10 posters

Go down

Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter Empty Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:39 pm

London (December 2, 2011) – Hennessy Sports have been advised this morning by the BBBofC that Frankie Gavin has withdrawn from his December 9 British welterweight elimination bout against Junior Witter.

The bout was scheduled to take place at Hull City Hall, with the winner to have become the mandatory challenger to BBBofC welterweight champion Colin Lynes.

Witter was gutted by Gavin’s decision to pull out, and now awaits his next move.

“It’s disappointing that Gavin has pulled out of our fight next week,” said the former WBC world super lightweight champion. “Him being a former amateur star and me being a former world champion, it would have been one hell of a fight, but one that I know I would have own.

“Now I have to wait for a decision from the board on when I’m going to get my British title shot.”

Source: http://www.boxingscene.com/uk-news-gavin-witter-off-arron-prepares-rose--46712

What the hell is Frankie playing at? Such a waste of talent. Didnt he pull out of his last fight as well?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter Empty Re: Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:40 pm

He's playing at depression.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter Empty Re: Frankie Gavin pulls out of Eliminator against Witter

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

Already put this in the news thread. Keep up son. Wink

Hows the business going?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

Getting a little tedious the way Gavin's professional career seems to be permanently stalling, now. The depression may well be legitimate and from the outset he's blameless in this particular instance, but when it's always him having to pull out for whatever reason, always him apparently neglecting his training and diet, always him struggling to get past opponents he should be despatching with comfort, you begin to wonder how many more time he can be given the benefit of the doubt.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

I just saw it! I really need to start look at that thread! Laugh
It's going well mate! Keeping me busy! (and out of trouble!)

Don't really get much time for anything else.

Can't believe Frankie. What the hell is the matter with him. He was the world in his hands!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

His problems are serious enough at the moment though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:45 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Getting a little tedious the way Gavin's professional career seems to be permanently stalling, now. The depression may well be legitimate and from the outset he's blameless in this particular instance, but when it's always him having to pull out for whatever reason, always him apparently neglecting his training and diet, always him struggling to get past opponents he should be despatching with comfort, you begin to wonder how many more time he can be given the benefit of the doubt.

I'm surprised he hasnt been dropped yet! They must have lost some money on promotions only for him to pull out.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:His problems are serious enough at the moment though.

Has he mentioned what the problem is Scott?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:47 pm

Chris their has been a lot of stuff going on in his private life since he turned pro to do with his son and his mum was unwell. He is in the gym so he's at least keeping in shape.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:47 pm

Dazstarr wrote:
Scottrf wrote:His problems are serious enough at the moment though.

Has he mentioned what the problem is Scott?
He has a few but I'm not sure if any of the articles have mentioned his main one re his kid, so I'd rather not say.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

He may need to just take a year or so off - sort his family life out and then come back and refocus.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

His kid he has been raising for three years may not be his and his mother was suffering from cancer. The guy deserves a break not many people could cope with that let alone cope with it and box.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:54 pm

As I said, Kev, I'm not suggesting that his reasons for pulling out here aren't valid. Just highlighting that people are bound to be less accommodating to him given his past disappointing performances, pull outs and liberties taken.

If he's not in the right state of mind to be boxing, as said above perhaps it would be best to declare that he's having a fixed period away from the sport, not to return until all these problems have been dealt with. At least that way there will be no more disappointing and late announcements such as this.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:55 pm

How disappointed were you this was called off Chris? Laugh

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:55 pm

prettyboykev wrote:His kid he has been raising for three years may not be his and his mother was suffering from cancer. The guy deserves a break not many people could cope with that let alone cope with it and box.

DAMN!!! Hope it all works out for him.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

He was never going to go through with this fight. Warren said two weeks ago Frankie wouldn't fight again this year. It only got announced to make it official and it was Hennessey that announced it obviously hoping Witter gets made the mandatory challenger for Colin Lynes.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:59 pm

prettyboykev wrote:He was never going to go through with this fight. Warren said two weeks ago Frankie wouldn't fight again this year. It only got announced to make it official and it was Hennessey that announced it obviously hoping Witter gets made the mandatory challenger for Junior Witter.
That would be a good fight. Evenly matched.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:01 pm

Scottrf wrote:How disappointed were you this was called off Chris? Laugh

Alright, you got me there. mad
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

Scottrf wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:He was never going to go through with this fight. Warren said two weeks ago Frankie wouldn't fight again this year. It only got announced to make it official and it was Hennessey that announced it obviously hoping Witter gets made the mandatory challenger for Junior Witter.

That would be a good fight. Evenly matched.

How dull would that be!

I was trying to type this and tweet Kevin McIntyre about the same thing telling him to see if he can get in as Gavins replacement. He's been calling out Colin Lynes but won't get a shot unless he's mandatory.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:07 pm

Witter needs to call it a day.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

prettyboykev wrote:His kid he has been raising for three years may not be his and his mother was suffering from cancer. The guy deserves a break not many people could cope with that let alone cope with it and box.
Didn't know that Kev explains a hell of a lot and I hope in 12 months time the topic of conversation is how good is Frankie Gavin,hope everything works out for him in his personal life and in the ring.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
Didn't know that Kev explains a hell of a lot and I hope in 12 months time the topic of conversation is how good is Frankie Gavin,hope everything works out for him in his personal life and in the ring.

Well said. Hope so too.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

I think a year off might do more harm then good.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

He's back in Birmingham with his old amateur trainer so spending a bit more time with his friends and family should do him good.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 02 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I think a year off might do more harm then good.

As long as he keeps in shape it might not be too bad. Will need to sharpen up his timing with lots of sparring before he returns to the ring though.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 02 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

What a shame. He shouldn't even be fighting at WW. LWW at best. The boy has all the talent with sharp and accurate punching. Always rated him. Pity that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

Chris did you buy tickets too?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:15 pm

When did you buy the tickets?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:20 pm

I didn't someone else did - but I was going to pay him when I met up with him in wakefield once. He'll prob still go anyway and i'll be obliged to as well. Can't stand the f***** but we are related Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:25 pm

That's the problem with family mate you can't pick them.

Warren said a few weeks ago that Frankie wouldn't fight before Christmas so it should have been announced then and not a week before.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

I'll have to put up with the f***** for 24 hours so i'm not feeling charitable towards Frankie right now. With the frequency of his pull outs he should have bloody well known that something was up. AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH mad

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:08 pm

If there are other factors affecting his mindset, particularly his homelife or the health of his family, then that's more important than boxing, and we ought to be getting behind him.

He's a great prospect and could be one of our best fighters. Hopefully his management will be giving him the support he needs during what must be a tough time.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:53 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:I'll have to put up with the f***** for 24 hours so i'm not feeling charitable towards Frankie right now. With the frequency of his pull outs he should have bloody well known that something was up. AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH mad

Er..thats in reference to my relative - not a tasteless joke about his kid.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:58 pm

monzon wrote:If there are other factors affecting his mindset, particularly his homelife or the health of his family, then that's more important than boxing, and we ought to be getting behind him.

He's a great prospect and could be one of our best fighters. Hopefully his management will be giving him the support he needs during what must be a tough time.

His management will help him now they know what is going on. The problem Warren had was that he knew very little about what was going on because Frankie never told him anything.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sat 03 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

I would consider him truthful, I don't think anyone with the determination to get to the olympics and have success there would all of a sudden give up his chance of being very rich and successful through just having a bad attitude. Something has to be wrong it is just a shame that he keeps pulling out last minute which will eventually turn people against him, or at best just not purchasing a ticket to watch him fight as they feel he will not turn up anyway.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down