The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky PPV 21st May

+2
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Scottrf
6 posters

Go down

Sky PPV 21st May Empty Sky PPV 21st May

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

From Wembley:
Cleverly vs Braemer
DeGale vs Groves

With Froch vs Johnson from America later on, nice to see Froch finally looking likely to feature on Sky.

Seems like a decent value PPV to me. Would people be willing to pay for this?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Sky PPV 21st May Empty Re: Sky PPV 21st May

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 11 Mar 2011, 12:18 pm

Where did you see this scott?

I'd buy it provided the degale v groves fight actually went ahead. These cards with tasty looking domestic fights have a habit of seeing the best fights called off at the last minte. Clev v Braemer is not ppv quality. Definitely wont be paying for khan v mckloskey if there's a good ppv card a few weeks later, with haye v wlad to follow a few weeks after that. Can only be raped so many times by Sky in a 3 month period before my arris hurts to much to actually sit down and enjoy the boxing.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Mar 2011, 12:20 pm

Editor of Boxing Monthly wrote the following. "Groves-DeGale won't be at Olympia on 9 April anyway, it seems — that was just the date and venue Dave Coldwell gave to the Board in order to stay inside the get specific inside 28-days stipulation. From what I've been led to understand, the fight will be part of FW's Cleverly PPV, with Sky covering the £400,000+ purse bid for Groves-DeGale — I'm told they'll be doing the same with Frochy's purse for the Johnson fight, which will take place in America later that night and be on the same PPV. Should be a damned good night's boxing, well done Sky."

Makes sense as Froch and Cleverly are both scheduled for May 21st.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

There are rumours that Sky have rejected Froch vs Johnson.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:Editor of Boxing Monthly wrote the following. "Groves-DeGale won't be at Olympia on 9 April anyway, it seems — that was just the date and venue Dave Coldwell gave to the Board in order to stay inside the get specific inside 28-days stipulation. From what I've been led to understand, the fight will be part of FW's Cleverly PPV, with Sky covering the £400,000+ purse bid for Groves-DeGale — I'm told they'll be doing the same with Frochy's purse for the Johnson fight, which will take place in America later that night and be on the same PPV. Should be a damned good night's boxing, well done Sky."

Makes sense as Froch and Cleverly are both scheduled for May 21st.

Where is that gona be mate? Cheers.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:18 pm

Froch vs Johnson? Venue undecided so far, but the post you quoted seems to be out of date if true that Sky have rejected the Froch fight.

The other fights are at the O2.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:20 pm

Cheers mate. Bit too far for me to travel!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:38 pm

Isnt the Super 6 tied down to a contract with Primetime

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Mar 2011, 4:40 pm

No, I don't believe it is. They may have a contract with Showtime in the US, but outside of that it's highest bidder AFAIK.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 25 Mar 2011, 6:17 pm

Scottrf wrote:No, I don't believe it is. They may have a contract with Showtime in the US, but outside of that it's highest bidder AFAIK.

Are you sure because primetime advertised the super six as live and exclusive to primetime and have done since the start. Hope your right though save a few quid ky need to start giving better value foe money. The Magnificent 7 and Kng Khan and the Brit pack PPVs were good value for money. Stacked cards are the way to go boxing for the recession.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 25 Mar 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm not totally sure, but people who should know substantiated the plan for him to move to Sky so I don't believe they are tied to Primetime. Should here something concrete once Froch gets a date sorted.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 25 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:I'm not totally sure, but people who should know substantiated the plan for him to move to Sky so I don't believe they are tied to Primetime. Should here something concrete once Froch gets a date sorted.

I always thought that Sky weren't keen on having 3 PPV fighters especially during the recession. Froch mentioned this in an interview a few months ago. I would rather pay to watch Froch vs Johnson than Khan vs McCloskey.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 25 Mar 2011, 9:28 pm

A grudge match between two of britains best prospects and two british world title fights sounds good!
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down