The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+31
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
whocares
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
Notch
IanBru
Beer
Adam D
Cari
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
rodders
perthshirepuma
MBTGOG
Mickado
prop_lyd
Thomond
PenfroPete
Ozzy3213
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
MrsP
red_stag
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
offload
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
35 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Doug Howlett above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t19461p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#757012

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:04 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:stag, dreamer knows nothing about soccer, of course she supports ManU...Allez Bale!!

boxing I know plenty about football thank you! Wink

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:05 pm

Check out this list.

http://www.squidoo.com/100songs

Some great Songs on there
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:06 pm

What aboot this one Chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:08 pm

Rava wrote:What aboot this one Chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIhh9nFYv4

BIG OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:15 pm

Take time to appreciate this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4jXfMEu1YY
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:15 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Ah Gibbo, I have what one would call old fashioned taste in music, not a fan of the more modern stuff, well not the "mainstream" stuff anway.

Never ask me band names/song titles though, I can never retain that information! You've no idea how much I love youtube for being able to find songs for me, just by me typing in a line from a song.

Heared this song live this year twas amazing (although obviously not sung by Sandy Denny!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1it7BP5PckI

Sandy Denny! Oh yes. Chef, this girl needs recruiting. Sure its already done. You, me, Dreamer and Cari at the Diff. What a day. What a magnificent day, spent with beautiful people.

Its all I want in Life. Not much to ask really.

Tomorrow is the date Lennon left this mortal coil. One year later, 8th December - my 2nd son was born. We (well I was) were having a hippy-type Lennon party in London and MrsG said.. "errm John... time to go now" 2 hours later, Liam came into our lives... He is 30 tomorrow. I love him and his bro more than Life.

It snowed, little bugger shat on me before I left the hospital. I went home on the bus next morn, smelling of baby-Poopie and I was never as happy in my Life. Before or since. zen

For all the regs... thank you all for enhancing my Life. Hug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzqQupzzmA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:19 pm

aww Gibbo, that's a lovely post Hug kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:Take time to appreciate this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4jXfMEu1YY

Sorry Chef,couldn't be harsed.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:21 pm

Best ever Album Cover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q&NR=1&feature=endscreen
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm

Tomorrow is the date Lennon left this mortal coil. One year later, 8th December - my 2nd son was born. We (well I was) were having a hippy-type Lennon party in London and MrsG said.. "errm John... time to go now" 2 hours later, Liam came into our lives...

Thank flip for that, I thought you were going to describe the conception for a minute! Whistle
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm

This article might not appeal to everyone (fairynuff). I think it shows the human side to big bulky rugby players. I think it is a brilliant article.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/1203/1224308521989.html
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:Best ever Album Cover?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q&NR=1&feature=endscreen

What a coincidence! I have just finished listening to that. Did you get it off the list I posted?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:27 pm

ah no, disaster! Vidic down hurt and I think he's going to be stretchered off Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

I can believe that Rava, Silesi Finau was a devout Christian, but a harder (and occasionally dirty) rugby player you could not find.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

Glas a du wrote:
Tomorrow is the date Lennon left this mortal coil. One year later, 8th December - my 2nd son was born. We (well I was) were having a hippy-type Lennon party in London and MrsG said.. "errm John... time to go now" 2 hours later, Liam came into our lives...

Thank flip for that, I thought you were going to describe the conception for a minute! Whistle

Errm ok Glas mo chara... it went like this...

Nah, after the messy bit, I cut the cord between him and his Mam. Big, burly Irish, country, Hattie Jacques type Matron said "ok, you did yer 5 seconds(sic) of damage young man, now make some proper use of yerself" Brilliant! I'll never forget it. Since been rejoined like. Ma's Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXsyXjZPvGU

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

ah Finau, loved him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

Rava,

Nope
Was this on your list,cos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM8urU11sHY&feature=related
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:38 pm

Rava, I wasn't going to say anything, but why not, I love that one minute you post a 'Black Sabbath' song and within minutes an article on devout Christian rugby players!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:38 pm

Glas a chara,
Ill educate you here for free. No charge.

The 8th of December is the Feast Of The Immaculate Conception. When God was conceived. I dont phhook around like.

Oh how we laffed. (Mo didnt - for some reason)

Ah well. Dems de breaks.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

Gibson wrote: Sandy Denny! Oh yes. Chef, this girl needs recruiting. Sure its already done. You, me, Dreamer and Cari at the Diff. What a day. What a magnificent day, spent with beautiful people.

Its all I want in Life. Not much to ask really.

Tomorrow is the date Lennon left this mortal coil. One year later, 8th December - my 2nd son was born. We (well I was) were having a hippy-type Lennon party in London and MrsG said.. "errm John... time to go now" 2 hours later, Liam came into our lives... He is 30 tomorrow. I love him and his bro more than Life.

It snowed, little bugger shat on me before I left the hospital. I went home on the bus next morn, smelling of baby-Poopie and I was never as happy in my Life. Before or since. zen

For all the regs... thank you all for enhancing my Life. Hug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg

Hug OK guinness
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

Glas a du wrote:Rava, I wasn't going to say anything, but why not, I love that one minute you post a 'Black Sabbath' song and within minutes an article on devout Christian rugby players!

No problem Glas. It's just like a rugby player swearing on the pitch thumbsup

Chef, no. But this one is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfR_HWMzgyc
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:46 pm

Immaculate? You can say that again! 0-60 in 17 days? Kinell!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:47 pm

Glas a du wrote:Rava, I wasn't going to say anything, but why not, I love that one minute you post a 'Black Sabbath' song and within minutes an article on devout Christian rugby players!

De Rav is a multi-faceted man. A minder. A silent carer. A person who always makes it nicer wherever he goes. I make no bones about it. I want his babies.

TOUR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TD_pSeNelU
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:49 pm

and when someone has a spare ticket...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Amu_6fziUE&feature=fvsr
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:49 pm

Glas a du wrote:Immaculate? You can say that again! 0-60 in 17 days? Kinell!

Laugh

I think I am slowly falling in love with you. Your Irreverence. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:51 pm

Yes Gibbo! Perfect! Stag has left, the meet is at the prologue stage!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:51 pm

Thanks Gibbo. Sad .

Sure your man got the message alright on Friday night Hug
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:54 pm

Chef, Mrs P's favourite lyric "drop off the quay Lee..." Laugh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

Come on Basel, knock those feckers out! Bale is pretty average, Mick. Giggs, United's best player, Nani getting the ball to the byline but like Aidan McGeady can't cross it. No use having a winger if he can't put it in.

Most of you know about one of the hit songs of the year, Party Rock Anthem. Now it's in Irish! http://vimeo.com/33217795

Last edited by Thomond on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

Thomond wrote:Come on Basel, knock those feckers out! Bale is pretty average, Mick. Giggs, United's best player, Nani getting the ball to the byline but like Aidan McGeady.

Most of you know about one of the hit songs of the year, Party Rock Anthem. Now it's in Irish! http://vimeo.com/33217795

boxing

how mean! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:00 pm

Dreamer, I can't stand United and all of the big 4, it's the reason Irish soccer is in the doldrums. I support them the odd time like in the final against Man City but they anger the blood. What's wrong with supporting your local team?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

Cheer yourself up Dreamer - FROZEN PLANET !!!
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

Party Rock Anthem

saw it at the gym, is it important?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:03 pm

No use having a winger if he can't put it in.

That's a philosophy we could all live by.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

Not really Mick, I think it's a good way to modernise a language and attract young people sorry I mentioned it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

Thomond wrote:Dreamer, I can't stand United and all of the big 4, it's the reason Irish soccer is in the doldrums. I support them the odd time like in the final against Man City but they anger the blood. What's wrong with supporting your local team?

How so? not sure I follow.

Also, what local team? no local footy teams near me that I know of.

Penfro you are amazing, I'd forgotten it was on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:09 pm

Ha! Yeah Rav, he wanted mine(and i dont get many offers at this stage) . But we were bethrothed.... in a manly way. So much fun. Cool

Munsty was right. I'm an over-nostalgic hippy trying to spread the love.

Not changing. Ever.

As for de begrudgers, who never had a cuddle and are trying to phhok it all up - come on in. Its warm. Dont be afraid. Its grand.

BEEB docu on about Iceland and how it handled its financial crisis. Threw out the feicers out who messed it all up and pressed reset.
Now, they are growing solidly.

Ireland are ye watching?

Dont become long-term German, French banking slaves. Default and go back to the spirit of 1916.

Those lads who fought for our Braveheart - deserve it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Cardiff City? Wrexham? Swansea?
Dreamer, Irish people follow the Premiership instead of attending League of Ireland games. It means the Irish game is starved of money and teams are in constant financial trouble. There's also Welsh Premiership teams.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:14 pm

okay but how is that the top 4 clubs' fault? surely it's the whole of the premiership then?? Headscratch

I keep an eye on the footy results for the Welsh clubs and like to see them do well, Thomond, but I could never go and support them. I have no affinity with Cardiff, Wrexham or Swansea. Would just feel weird to go and actively support them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:14 pm

the words and sentiments conjure up,for me, this coming weekend(ok Gibbo may not fit in Physically Wink )but listen to the words, it was one of the first LPs I bought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHtuwsUeRw
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

Thomond wrote:Dreamer, I can't stand United and all of the big 4, it's the reason Irish soccer is in the doldrums. I support them the odd time like in the final against Man City but they anger the blood. What's wrong with supporting your local team?

clap guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

That's a conundrum though Thomond. There have been modern Welsh language bands since the 60's but they all have the sane problem, their influences are all English bands. Every successful Welsh language band has a readily identifiable English counterpart who are better at it. Take those influences away and you take away the pop/rock element completely. For a language to survive kids have to be able to live their life through it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

Dreamer, how are you linked to United? I support American Football as you might know and you might find it weird how I can find an affinity with a team. I picked the team as I had spent a good few months and years there as a kid and teen. Tampa is a lovely spot.

It's mainly the Premier League's fault yes but the kids and adult barstoolers all support the big 4. You're not going to find a 10 year old supporting Wigan like.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:22 pm

Awesome training session tonight Yahoo bring on the weekend match!!

AND it looks like both Manchester teams are going out.......only thing to top this would be if Gibbo and Rava knocked on my door with a barrel of cider and 6 buxom irish ladies!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

Man U? because I grew up watching Ryan Giggs at his very best, everyone where I'm from loved him. Forget Beckham, he was nothing to Giggs. It was just so amazing to see a Welsh player at the top of their game, playing for such a great club. Then I grew to love the likes of Schmeicel, Soljkar etc and I've just carried on from there.

I'm not an avid follower of Man U but I've supported them since I was about 7 or 8. Not easy to move away from that.

Welsh football didn't even cause a blip on my radar until I went to Uni.

And I understand completely that you have a point about the Premier league detracting from Irish football, the same happens in Wales, but I hardly see that it's the only reason, seems a bit of a cop out excuse to me, even if it does have truth to it. (and I'm not on a WUM or anything, I just don't like just one thing being blamed, when there'll be numerous factors contributing)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

Fair enough I take your point. The standard in Irish soccer is pretty good it's just there is a mentality there which is partially blamed on Sky Sports hyping the league to be the best when it's not. If you took a look at just the fellas who have left my local club in the last 5 years. 4 are Irish internationals, 2 are in the premier league, I think 5 or 6 in the Championship. Around another 5/6 in League 1 or 2.

2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheerio cheerio cheerio

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

2-0 Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:28 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:the words and sentiments conjure up,for me, this coming weekend(ok Gibbo may not fit in Physically Wink )but listen to the words, it was one of the first LPs I bought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeHtuwsUeRw

Love ya Chef. Love the very mish-mashed English/French funk of ya. Really do.

BTW Im not pished or stoned. Yet. On a Lemsip Max high. Bless im.

Phhokin hate feelin ill before a weekend that matters.

Man-flu. DIE ya basterd!

For de Chef. For Lucky. Something for the weekend good Sirs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roLFgBDIS6s

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:28 pm

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next