The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+31
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
whocares
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
Notch
IanBru
Beer
Adam D
Cari
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
rodders
perthshirepuma
MBTGOG
Mickado
prop_lyd
Thomond
PenfroPete
Ozzy3213
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
MrsP
red_stag
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
offload
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
35 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 17:33

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Doug Howlett above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t19461p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#757012

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 17:36; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:30

Glas and Welsh bands laughing thankfully certain learnt to be popular elsewhere,albeit in the english enunciating part of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGLFAxFMEXc&feature=related

Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Rava Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:31

Dreamer. Hug
I am not a fan but I know what it's like to lose.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:32

Diolch Rava Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:33

2-1. Oh sugar. Dreamer, it;s a tough time for United to lose. They paid the price in my view for fielding weakened teams earlier on who didn't get the job done. The league is still there for them though so cheer up! The FA Cup game with Man City in January is also a big one.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:35

ah it'll just be a disaster if Vidic is really badly injured. We've been defensively wobbly all season, we'll be even worse without him! Phil Jones has pretty much been our only shining light this season. Tis rebuilding time for us I think.

And the FA cups is going to be massive. Poopie to draw city in the 3rd round though. Revenge will be the only word on the players' minds I think Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:39

Ref gave a very soft free to United there, Smalling was all over him! The last 3-4 minutes showed why English football is behind. Your strength lies in keeping it on the deck and playing it through the middle so why the feck would you hoof it up the field when you have no one incredibly tall and your skills are best utilised on the ground? Other countries like Germany, Holland and Spain would have played to their strengths.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:39

Glas a du wrote:That's a conundrum though Thomond. There have been modern Welsh language bands since the 60's but they all have the sane problem, their influences are all English bands. Every successful Welsh language band has a readily identifiable English counterpart who are better at it. Take those influences away and you take away the pop/rock element completely. For a language to survive kids have to be able to live their life through it.

He's good ya know. Right to the source. Make Irish and Welsh sexy to the Yank X-Factor generation. They are selling their souls cheaply, to people who could not care a tosh about them.
A basterd, phooked-up, cash-influenced - race, who just want their attention to feed the insidious, Corporate - animal. And they dont know it. Yet.

As for the ancient Welsh & Irish languages. The stuff that makes us - US. Sing it. Talk it. Live it.

Or it will die. And another shining light.... will go out.

Dont sell your soul to the Company Goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5G8AJf4Xzw

Last edited by Gibson on Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:43; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:41

Gibbo, no need to play that song now. Wait for Euro 2012 and it will be blaring around the gaff!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:41

This'll be me for the next two days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E82ozXyNjk
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:42

Try this,feeling good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCI1IW1aRP0
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:43

English footy's problem is ever that the players don't have good brains. Been like it for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:45

Exactly, that was my point. Not having a brain to realise how to beat a team.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:46

Apologies in advance to dreamer for this Hug

but

Ho ho Flip ho Christmas has come early, both Manchester sides are gone from the Champions League.

I have put up with so much stick in recent years from all of the Manchester United supporters at work, being an Arsenal fan, and now it's time for payback.

laughing
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:48

FFS there is so much musical pleasure out hre, and we're just biding time.
Rava, how you doing? O'Leary still exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU93u7RhB-U
ManU out? ManC never capable. Marseille!!

Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:49

It'll only get worse.

All the talented kids get put into academies where all they hear is how great they are and it's like they'er being conditioned to play to orders. No thinking for themselves at all. This then get's transferred to club and then international level. You get occasional players like David James who actually have a brain, but tis becoming more and more rare. England need to go back to basics and really restructure the whole set up of their game, but it won't happen while the Premiership makes so much money, so England will continue to fall short.

That's how I see it anyway Smile (and I could be completely wrong! I know there are other factors as well)

Ha no worries Pete! My dad's an Arsenal fan too, I've no doubt he's going to be very happy this evening too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:52

Paul Scholes was the last English player to have a brain and they didn't play him for years. Dreamer there are positives, I was reading recently that there at some counties in England they won't be playing on full size pitches at u-11 but will play 9 a side on smaller pitches to work on technique. Training games are also supposed to be limited to 2 touch. The FA hope to bring this in across the board by 2014.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:55

Will be interesting to see if they actually go through with it Thomond. What I've noticed is that in the Premiership, the English players seem to be the dogged, hard working ones and rely on the flair players like RVP, Ronaldo (when he played here), Nani etc to add that bit of spark, then they fail to understand why England as a team don't play well, and can't seem to grasp the fact it's because England don't have any flair players of their own.

If this new skills and technique coaching does get rolled out, twill be interesting tos ee how it improves English football, will take years to see the benefits of it mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:56

I think there building a centre of excellence aswell,like France have in Clairefontaine

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 21:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc1364Ez5mI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:02

The 2 x massively, cash-rich, Manchester teams, are out of the very Cup that feeds them. O YES! Love it. Take that ye suckers. Money cant buy you love.

Deep Joy.

Ajax are rebuilding but went out on GD. Ajax 0 - Real 3. Phhoke em.

Mon AZ in the Europa League!

Anyone watching the reason people are losing their houses, their families and livelihoods? On BEEB now.

Complete and utter basterds.

Give me a big phhoking gun.

Last edited by Gibson on Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:05; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:03

glas, why do you persist in posting incomprehensible trivia? trying to increase Telewelli Harlechs ratings Rolling Eyes
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:05

STOKE ARE IN THE EUROPA et j'emmerde les fans de joli football Yahoo Yahoo
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:06

urgh God the news is so depressing, well that and I just want to throw my shoe at the tv whenever idiot Cameron is ont he screen.

Switching off the teledu now, getting my hot water bottle ready and amser gwely for me.

Have lovely evenings all, and safe trip over tomorrow Stag!

Nos da pawb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:09

dreamer,got your goodies from the chemists today thumbsup
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:09

Cheers Dreamer cant wait. Meeting Pete for lunch
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:09

Ozzy3213 wrote:Apologies in advance to dreamer for this Hug

but

Ho ho Flip ho Christmas has come early, both Manchester sides are gone from the Champions League.

I have put up with so much stick in recent years from all of the Manchester United supporters at work, being an Arsenal fan, and now it's time for payback.

laughing

All good things come to those who wait. And Believe. zen
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:17

Gibson wrote:

So! Ulster will win another HC in my lifetime then Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:18

Arsenal Wenger?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:20

Rava wrote:
Gibson wrote:

So! Ulster will win another HC in my lifetime then Whistle

Unfortunately not.....well not until Glos have anyway Wink

Aye safe trip Glas, if your staying in Cardiff tomorrow eve, my house are going down the local for a couple so your more than welcome.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:20

Rava,there are certain treatments, but you can always change affinity.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:25

Mick(TEFC) wrote:glas, why do you persist in posting incomprehensible trivia? trying to increase Telewelli Harlechs ratings Rolling Eyes

Because it's annoying you. thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:28

Not an option Chef.
Sure I've been a Leeds supporter since 1965. lots of opportunity to jump ship over the years.
But ditch Ulster? Na won't happen, ever. Like my Leinster buddy I remember standing at Ravenhill for interpros along with one man and his dog. For a small club we have been fairly successful in the Pro era. I would like to think we will be again soon.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:51

Rava wrote:Not an option Chef.
Sure I've been a Leeds supporter since 1965. lots of opportunity to jump ship over the years.
But ditch Ulster? Na won't happen, ever. Like my Leinster buddy I remember standing at Ravenhill for interpros along with one man and his dog. For a small club we have been fairly successful in the Pro era. I would like to think we will be again soon.

70's Leeds man meself. Feel the pain. Reap the joyous reward. What has happened in the last 3/4 years at Leinster, has had me in rapture. The new fans, like my bro and others, who just joined us recently- will never know that feeling. They expect it now. No way ready for the fact that we will dip and the pain will come. I am presently & actively enjoying the fact, that we expect to beat the best teams in Europe now. But, that counts for 10% of my time supporting my team.

The pain is so essential to really feel the joy.

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:40; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:59

Just home from work, time to chill out in front of the telly for a bit before bed.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:59

Gibbo: you should try being a Glos fan....always the nearly men then drop off for a few seasons then the nearly men then sell our potential!!

Ah listening to a bit of Tony Bennett fair play I really like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAmDULCVrU&ob=av2e
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 23:13

Prop darlin, saw Tony Bennett live in Las Vegas. Oh my. It was a Top 10 wish list. Forget the trannie Gaga.
Gaga, who rides on the coat-tails of a Master. But, its all good, if it promotes good music. So, Go Gaga. Nice one

Just sayin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EUcYw96us&feature=fvwrel

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 23:19

Nite all. Bedtime Smile
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 23:27

Fair enough rava, just love that song!!

Wondering if Quo'll top Flogging Molly for me....or The Mighty Wurzels!!

Night all till the 'morrow, fun afternoon in Swansea for me!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 23:51

Gaga......I would

Just saying
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:22

For the morning

Rog will get 100 caps this weekend but whats the most amount of points he's scored in one game??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:27

hughie1986 wrote:Gaga......I would

Just saying

Theres a surprise. Up there with; the Pope a Catholic.

P.S. Chef, the playlist in my car is mostly Welsh. thumbsup

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 0:31

Hugs... re Gaga. Neck of a bottle job man?

ROG. Only a 100 caps? Waster.

Felipe finished on more with Leinster and is building on it with Toulon. And will always be a class above. Player-wise and man-wise.

Raw culchie vs a multi-lingual, intellectual, sublimely-talented rugby speler? Tough choice.

I know who I'd roide. ROG. OK. Cos its a veritable virgin.

I dunno. 29 pts? Sexton missed a kick for the HC record in the Final.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 7:47

I think he means a 100 HC caps. ROG has a lot more than a 100 with Munster!
ROG showed up Felipe in the big games.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:01

Bore da.

bed sit in Limerick

"But darlin I have to go loike, it's for work."

"You no come back here with other womans perfume or lipstick on collar or I will break legs."

A man (we will call RS) pulls the ill-fitting door behind him. It squeaks in protest. Everybody has it in for me today he thought.

It's a cold morning in Limerick. A pale sun fails to quicken the frost. The excitement he has been choking back from showing his exotic but high maintenance Slavic Lover surges through his body like a postboy who is one of six postboys in an office who has been told four will loose their jobs at the end of the month trying to impress his boss. But now there is also trepidation. He has the responsibility of kicking of the "Meet". He will be on the road for 8 days. He will be drinking and in the company of people he's barely ever met. Feic it he tells himself, am I not a referee trained by the Munster branch? We are made of sterner stuff than this. Yahoo! World do your worst! I declare this show is on the road!...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:11

Glas, I've met her. She speaks with a perfect Munster accent Laugh
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:14

Bore da Pawb - cuppa & egg

Sure, yer man has texted me from da airport - "In airport can't wait. Got about 2 hours sleep, look & feel like a boiled sh!te. Have you stocked up on turnips loike ? " Only 8 more days to get through Staggy Erm
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:17

27 is my guess at points for ROG.

and bore da pawb, hope everyone has a lovely day, got to Run to the office now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:26

Glas and Penfro laughing

Penfro ill meet you at Cardiff Central. I shall wear a red ribbon in my lapel and be clutching a copy of the Irish Times and a bushels of turnips.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:26

Gibson wrote:Hugs... re Gaga. Neck of a bottle job man?

ROG. Only a 100 caps? Waster.

Felipe finished on more with Leinster and is building on it with Toulon. And will always be a class above. Player-wise and man-wise.

Raw culchie vs a multi-lingual, intellectual, sublimely-talented rugby speler? Tough choice.

I know who I'd roide. ROG. OK. Cos its a veritable virgin.

I dunno. 29 pts? Sexton missed a kick for the HC record in the Final.
Didn't the good Dr reunite with Czeika (sp?) at Stade F?

Morning all. Varsity match ths afternoon followed by fES's leaving drinks at the Ship Tavern in Holborn this evening - the makings of a cracking day mug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 8:27

I got a similar message from Staggy this morning

"In the airport after about 2 hours sleep this Poopie just got real"

Well this Poopie ain't getting real for me till I wake up tomorrow, working till half ten tonight
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next