The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+31
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
whocares
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
Notch
IanBru
Beer
Adam D
Cari
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
rodders
perthshirepuma
MBTGOG
Mickado
prop_lyd
Thomond
PenfroPete
Ozzy3213
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
MrsP
red_stag
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
offload
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
35 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec - 17:33

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Doug Howlett above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t19461p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#757012

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 7 Dec - 17:36; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec - 9:36

The Dragons were poor weren't they? They lost that one rather than Exeter winning it I thought. Why didn't Evans and Tovey start? Lack of respect to the Chiefs?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 13 Dec - 9:39

I don't know, Glas, but it was a poor display from what we saw (we missed the first half). I don't know what's happened to us over the last few weeks.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 Dec - 9:43

Congratulations to Stag, Dreamer and Lucky for completing the 'Grand Slam' of all 4 games, or was it actually all 3.5 games Whistle .... Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 13 Dec - 9:45

Jasus penfro, don't mention the war
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 9:48

ha, no comment Penfro!

Ah amazing, just been reminded its our team Christmas buffet today! Have totally forgotten to bring my stuff in for it, but we always have tons of stuff left over so should be okay.

Roll on 12 o'clock and food!

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 13 Dec - 9:54

You managed to fit 3.5 games and a war all into one weekend!!!!

Crikey!

Shocked

Was there any sense of biting off more than you could comfortably enjoy chewing?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 9:57

perhaps slightly MrsP! transport timings were a bit of a problem but we all got there in the end Smile

aha, just checked my SG picks. Thought I'd picked Leinster by 9, turns out I did have them by 5, so got theirs and the Treviso score spot on! Penfro, I know you'll be happy about that Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 13 Dec - 10:13

Shocked

Just read back!!!

Kia,

When you said,

"Taking Gibson to the vet in the morning (don't ask ) and then will send him on his way."

You didn't mean....

Well...I know Gibson's a very old dog (about 370 in doggy years) but he still has some quality of life.

Don't you think it's a wee bit premature to get the vet to...you know...send him on his way????

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 13 Dec - 10:16

Also I see I got a mention on the Scarlets forum Laugh

Right lads if you stop moaning about EVERYTHING, ill shut up. Neither happened
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 Dec - 10:22

rugbydreamer wrote: aha, just checked my SG picks. Thought I'd picked Leinster by 9, turns out I did have them by 5, so got theirs and the Treviso score spot on! Penfro, I know you'll be happy about that Wink

clap I had Leinster by 5 and Treviso by 3 Crying or Very sad
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 13 Dec - 10:29

PenfroPete wrote:Congratulations to Stag, Dreamer and Lucky for completing the 'Grand Slam' of all 4 games, or was it actually all 3.5 games

It wasn't really the full Tour of Four because Dreamer and I didn't go to the Rec. We had to watch the match in that horrible pub with lousy beer and rubbish food. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 Dec - 10:31

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Congratulations to Stag, Dreamer and Lucky for completing the 'Grand Slam' of all 4 games, or was it actually all 3.5 games

It wasn't really the full Tour of Four because Dreamer and I didn't go to the Rec. We had to watch the match in that horrible pub with lousy beer and rubbish food. Wink

and sh!te company thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 13 Dec - 10:36

Hi all. Having a.co.ffee killing time in Diff I believe I was.only one who did the Grandslam this weekend
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 10:37

hughie1986 wrote:Also I see I got a mention on the Scarlets forum Laugh

Right lads if you stop moaning about EVERYTHING, ill shut up. Neither happened

ah but now Hughie, if they were speaking 'klingon' as you kept insisting, how could you even understand what they were saying anyway? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 Dec - 10:42

luckless_pedestrian wrote: It wasn't really the full Tour of Four

I understood it was the “Tour of Four” though, wasn’t it ? 4 blydi counties Laugh
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 13 Dec - 10:45

True story I saw dozens of Scarlet fans.buying Munster shirts after the game. Apparently like like sechxy rugby and dont like how boring Scarlets are. .

Anyone know of an internet caff in diff?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 10:48

erm...no I don't actually Stag Headscratch Loads of places have got wifi access though. The library will have loads of computers to use too.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 13 Dec - 10:49

STAG - the nearest to the centre
Talk & Surf
62 Tudor Street, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF11 6AJ

From the Castle go to the back of the Millennium Stadium, walk on the boardwalk along the river. Then turn right when you get to the bridge (10 minutes walk ??)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 13 Dec - 10:51

Will do. Its a nightmare trying to use phone. You joining me and penfro for lunch dreamer?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 10:55

no no Stag, got my Christmas Lunch in work today so sticking around for that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 13 Dec - 10:58

Very nice its chucking down so may just hang about here.instead of a.10 min walk anywhere
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 13 Dec - 10:59

Morning all. Nice sunny morning in Belshaft Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 13 Dec - 11:03

Morning all.

Sunny now in London too Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 13 Dec - 11:06

Lovely clear skies here but I don't trust it.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 11:07

Morning Kiwi, morning Rava, hope you're both well.

Looks set to pish down again here in the Diff in a moment. Horrible day today.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 13 Dec - 11:09

That's the Irish in you Munsty.

Never trust the English, even their sky!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec - 11:11

and sh!te company

Yeah, sorry I couldn't make it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 11:12

we have Christmas emoticons??

Ha, not sure I like there being a The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 767733566 though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec - 11:13

bah
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 13 Dec - 11:15

MrsP wrote:That's the Irish in you Munsty.

Never trust the English, even their sky!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 3602195817

Laugh

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 13 Dec - 11:16

Rain, hail and strong winds here on the docks...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Dec - 11:19

Kiwireddevil wrote:Morning all.

Mate, I need to congratulate you on the maaarvellous victory in Hobart. That must have felt real good. OK A pity there wasn't a third one.
Even if you're not a huge cricket fan... you have some decent young talent there in Bracewell, Brownlie and Boult. guinness

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 13 Dec - 11:30

Oh dear,

Struggling to keep from laughing my head off here.

Our youngest is off school today with a temperature and a cough.

She is clearly feeling a good bit better as she has found a "Cheerleaders" out fit in the dressing up box and is performing her own Cheers, croaky voice and all!

It's hilarious!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 13 Dec - 11:33

Linebreaker wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:Morning all.

Mate, I need to congratulate you on the maaarvellous victory in Hobart. That must have felt real good. OK A pity there wasn't a third one.
Even if you're not a huge cricket fan... you have some decent young talent there in Bracewell, Brownlie and Boult. guinness

Cheers buddy. I'd written us off on Sunday, so reading the news yesterday made the train trip back to London much more pleasant. And thanks to Australia for training Brownlie up for us too appletini
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 13 Dec - 11:36

Our pleasure....

Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec - 12:36

Right, anybody know how far Hilltown is from Belfast airport and what the transport between the two is like? There is a sale there on the 29th, a day before the Munster match at Ravenhill on the 30th. I'm trying to find out when the sale is. If it's an evening sale and afternoon kick off on the 30th, I may be able to make a trip of it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 13 Dec - 12:38

Afternoon pub. Well, after 30C heat in the desert of Dubai, it's welcome to winter this week.

Sounds like most people survived the weekend exertions without too much mishap. Maybe nt the Hoog though.

Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec - 12:46

Huw was fine. he just looked The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 3754190863 all the time.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 13 Dec - 12:52

Glas a du wrote:Right, anybody know how far Hilltown is from Belfast airport and what the transport between the two is like? There is a sale there on the 29th, a day before the Munster match at Ravenhill on the 30th. I'm trying to find out when the sale is. If it's an evening sale and afternoon kick off on the 30th, I may be able to make a trip of it.

Hilltown Farmers Attested Sales Co
14 Rathfriland Road, Hilltown, Newry, Co. Down, BT34 5UR
028-40630287

Its about 40 miles from Belfast City (Georgie Best) Airport. Hire a car if you are going, or a Norn Iron guide Very Happy

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1C1GGGE_en-gbGB448GB448&gcx=c&q=hilltown+livestock+market&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 13 Dec - 13:02

Glas the Ulster v Munster game on the 30th December is an evening (19.05) kick off.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 13 Dec - 13:02

Things I learned this weekend

Devon is class.
Beware of Tricky Cider
It's very hard to cook breakfast when your trying not to get sick
Cross Country and First great Western will both let me travel for free.
You can't call it a train if its only one carriage
Ray Gravell played for Scarlets (he didn't really)
Parc y Scarlets looks like a warehouse
The Barn is a great idea
The 18:15 shuttle bus doesn't exist
Llanelli is a shoitehole
Status Quo still have it

Never go to Westbury station. You'll only be disappointed
Barf is beautiful
Never EVER trust a back seat driver
Shovey Lovey is afraid of bridges

You dont need an instrument to play music. grab a spoon and play the roof
Pukey Prop cannot handle his cider
Magic exists

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 13:05

Fair play Hughie, that's a pretty darn good list (one or two points aside!) clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 13 Dec - 13:09

hughie1986 wrote:Things I learned this weekend

Beware of Tricky Cider

Status Quo still have it

Hughie, would it be worth ordering some Tricky Cider?

Is Shovey Lovey who I think she is?

What have Status Quo still got?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 13 Dec - 13:11

hughie1986 wrote:You dont need an instrument to play music. grab a spoon and play the roof

Laugh It's true!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 13 Dec - 13:13

Rava wrote:

Beware of Tricky Cider

Status Quo still have it

Hughie, would it be worth ordering some Tricky Cider?

Is Shovey Lovey who I think she is?

What have Status Quo still got?

Q1. Yes, unless your a prop.

Q2. Probably

Q3. It
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 13 Dec - 13:15

That was the weirdest pub I've ever been to. I was expecting Lord Summerisle to walk in any moment.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec - 13:16

It was a very, very strange pub. I blydi loved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 13 Dec - 13:34

Devon is class.
Beware of Tricky Cider
It's very hard to cook breakfast when your trying not to get sick
Cross Country and First great Western will both let me travel for free.
You can't call it a train if its only one carriage
Ray Gravell played for Scarlets (he didn't really)
Parc y Scarlets looks like a warehouse
The Barn is a great idea
The 18:15 shuttle bus doesn't exist
Llanelli is a shoitehole
Status Quo still have it

Never go to Westbury station. You'll only be disappointed
Barf is beautiful
Never EVER trust a back seat driver

You dont need an instrument to play music. grab a spoon and play the roof
Pukey Prop cannot handle his cider
Magic exists

And they were calling me Sickado! I didn't even get sick, i had a shot and 10 minutes later i needed a whiz!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 13 Dec - 13:36

And what did the Scarlets fans make of you hoog Laugh

Sounds like a blast folks. What is this strange pub then?

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 13 Dec - 13:37

Sickado, could also be used after the incident with a Mars bar...

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next