The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward v Froch prediction poll

+35
monzon
Duty281
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
trottb
Volcanicash
Wykey89
ShahenshahG
compelling and rich
Demon Racer
Nico the gman
oxring
tobbox
Mr Prefect
tunes666
Steffan
Captain Lucas
Fists of Fury
Mr Bounce
Gerflagenflople
J.Benson II
Pekchenko
spencerclarke
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
HumanWindmill
Waingro
88Chris05
KingMonkey
coxy0001
manos de piedra
joeyjojo618
JabMachine
AlexHuckerby
milkyboy
Rowley
azania
39 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who wins and how?

Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap3%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap28%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 24 ]
Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap21%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 18 ]
Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap23%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 20 ]
Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap19%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 16 ]
Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap2%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_lcap3%Ward v Froch prediction poll Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 86

Ward v Froch prediction poll Empty Re: Ward v Froch prediction poll

Post by azania Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

Ward by wide points margin in a very good fight. He simply edges most of the round.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

Heart ruling head on this one. Come on the Cobra.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:36 pm

froch's not a guy to write off, but head says ward in a hard worked, but comfrotable on the cards win. Hope i'm wrong

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

Personally I feel as though it will not be wide either way, I can only envisage a close fight, Ward cannot stop Froch I think we would all agree on that, the mans chin is something else, I think Froch could POSSIBLY stop Ward as Wards chin is relatively an unknown quantity.

I'm going with a close UD for Froch genuinely think he will pull this one off, but only just.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:45 pm

I hope Froch wins, Ward will do well in a war if Froch takes it there - but Froch I believe will make it his type of fight, unless Ward sticks to a gameplan to outbox Froch he won't win.

I do see Ward by points but I want a Froch win.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

I know its most likely to be a close but clear UD for Ward, but Im going for Froch by the width of a cigarette paper. Come on Frochy!

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

My expectation would be that the first 3/4 rounds will be close enough.

I think Froch will want to box behind the jab and control the pace of the fight. Keep Ward at the end of his jab and make Ward be the one to try and get inside where Froch can catch him with hoks and uppercuts then. I think this is where Froch is most comfortable in a fight. He doesnt like chasing, because hes not the quickest in handspeed or footwork. He has a good jab and throws good hooks and uppercuts too so he likes to sit on the outside of the pocket with the jab being in control - and the bring out the heavier punches and combinations as you get closer to him before moving out of range again. He doesnt like to be close quarters and isnt that comfortable there. So I think the early exchanges will pan out with Froch adopting this strategy and Ward probing and testing Frochs defences and style.

After the 3rd or 4th round I think Ward will start to take control. Hes good on the outside, probably as good as Froch and certainly quicker, so he could try a Dirrell style plan of taking Froch out of his rythm, beating him to the punch and then tieing him up on the inside effectively. I think that would seriously unsettle Froch who neither likes chasing nor being tied up close. I also think after a few of these kind of exchanges Ward will realise he has the clear advantage on the inside and will look to engage Froch there with increasing regularity and Froch will correspondingly become increasily frustrated. Ward has the speed and style to take control of the tempo of the fight and will make Froch do all the things he isnt comfortable with chase, grapple, beaten to the punch and by round 8/9 Ward will be the boss in the fight and Froch a frustrated figure.

I think for Froch to win he simply has to keep Ward on the end of the jab and stay incontrol of the tepo and range as he did with Abraham and Johnson. The problem is Abraham an Johnson have little other tactics other than walk you down which suits Froch. Ward has the speed to frustrate Froch from the outside and to inside the jab and beat him to the punch. He also has the inside game then beat Froch up at close quarters. So I see Froch getting increasinly angry and reckless by the championship rounds where Ward is dictating the kind of fight Ward wants to fight and Froch struggles out of his rythm.

Dont envisage a KO but see Ward by 117-111 or 116-112 possibly in a fight thats gripping but rather ugly.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:17 pm

Ward is 6/4 by UD, it's either that or Froch knocks him out. Will be doing a straddle bet with both.

So am expecting Froch by wide UD or Ward to knock him senseless inside 30 seconds.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:48 pm

I've gone with my heart and opted for a close win for the Cobra. His footwork has got better and better recently so I'm hoping he can use that and his jab to keep Ward at a decent range for the first few rounds and build up a bit of a lead. From there Ward will be forced to try and get inside and gain control of the fight but he'll be met by ferocious uppercuts and hooks.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

Whats Froch UD coxy? I dont see anyone getting knocked out in this one.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:00 pm

Haven't gone for what I want to happen, but what I think will happen - and that's a close-ish decision in Ward's favour. I think Froch can definitely win, but my fear is that he's just a bit too slow and easy to hit for Ward to not land the more eye-catching shots. Something like 116-113, given that I expect there to be some tough rounds to score.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:03 pm

You should add in Froch to get robbed that is my prediction. Lets be honest there is no way Froch is getting a win if it goes to cards over there he will need to win by KO no point betting on Froch to win by decision.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:04 pm

Waingro wrote:You should add in Froch to get robbed that is my prediction. Lets be honest there is no way Froch is getting a win if it goes to cards over there he will need to win by KO no point betting on Froch to win by decision.

There's a surprise.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:05 pm

Waingro wrote:You should add in Froch to get robbed that is my prediction. Lets be honest there is no way Froch is getting a win if it goes to cards over there he will need to win by KO no point betting on Froch to win by decision.

Yep only have to look at Hatton vs Collazo or Calzaghe Hopkins to see it is impossible for a Brit to win a close decision in the states.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Look at Kahn against Peterson and Hatton against Mayweather I am not saying Hatton was robbed by the way but the ref was biased taking points off him and blaming him for everything this made Hatton lose his cool. The ref in the Khan fight also took two points off and did not score the first knock down for Khan it was in Petersons home town so we should not be surprised.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

So you have provided examples of two fights where British fighters did not, in your opinion, get the rub of the green stateside. I have provided two where it could be argued they did, suggests robberies in the states are perhaps not as widespread as you would have us believe.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:29 pm

Waingro wrote:Look at Kahn against Peterson and Hatton against Mayweather I am not saying Hatton was robbed by the way but the ref was biased taking points off him and blaming him for everything this made Hatton lose his cool. The ref in the Khan fight also took two points off and did not score the first knock down for Khan it was in Petersons home town so we should not be surprised.

Did Hatton have points taken off him against Floyd? Regardless, it didn't have an effect on the outcome after Floyd sent him torpedoing into the ring post with a wonderful check hook.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:58 pm

Yeah in fairness to waingro Hatton did get a point deducted in rather dubious fashion against Mayweather. I actually do agree with waingro that Cortez wasnt good that night. Wouldnt have matter in that fight ultimately but in a close fight it would make a difference.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

I think ward is better than froch on the inside and on the outside. Despite froch's physical strength and ability to go to war, his best work is done with the straight punches as he has a long reach and some times struggles to get his punches on the inside given his speed. ward showed vs Green and kessler that he can box on the inside and most often in the pocket, he has quick hands and is accurate with short left. On the outside ward has a speed advantage and his right should land on carl all night long. Johnson landed that shot and he was a lot slower and his shots where telegraphed.

My hope is ward is wary of froch's power so retreats and gets caught on the ropes where froch can tee off on him. A wide UD for ward unfortunately

Although froch is the ouncher, you can see that as he has stepped up against world class opposition, i.e. pascal, he has only knocked out taylor since then. I don't think he hits as everyone suggests

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:54 pm

you know I'm wondering if the debatable results of late might actually help Froch. Judges will be consious of hearing about home decisions. I fancy Froch to have learnt enough to edge this. maybe a split decision. doubt it will be pretty but will be interesting

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

All this talk of Froch saying there is no way way he is going to get knocked out actually makes me think he's gonna get knocked out- reminds me of Hatton v Pacman to an extent. Would love it not to be the case, but ive become so accustomed to the fighters that i want to win being on the receiving end of the exact opposite that when it comes to boxing im a glass half empty kind of guy.

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:59 pm

cant see ward having enough to hurt froch that way. not been many straight ko's in the comp so far. doubt it will start now

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:03 pm

Maybe not knocked out but stopped on his feet- just me being massively pessamistic. On the other side of the coin, i think Froch is only saying it because he wants Ward to try to knock him out- this also worries me in that Froch is already worried about getting outboxed- could just be mindgames but could be genuine worry from the Froch camp

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

Mate the only way Ward will win this by KO is if he headbutts Froch and causes cuts like he did to Kessler. He does not have the power to knock Froch out who has a great chin.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:33 am

Agree with spencer re the recent decisions possibly helping Froch. We saw it with Sturm and Murray after all.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:52 am

Ward by a tough but clear 116-112 UD.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:55 am

What time are ring walks gonna be? Coverage starts at midnight on Sky but got zero idea if they're pandering to the west coast so it'll start at silly o'clock?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

Ah, just seen it's 9pm eastern time... Which i make out to be around 2pm our time

Least it's not Vegas

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerflagenflople Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:59 am

I am going purely with my heart here and voting Froch by KO as it's christmas and wishes really do come true!!! either that or Hollywood has been lying to me for years....

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

I also think that Froch is going to pull this one out of the bag and KO Ward. Ward maybe slippery but he only likes a fight on his terms and I don't believe that Froch will allow him to do that.

I think there will be a few surprises on Saturday.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

coxy0001 wrote:Ah, just seen it's 9pm eastern time... Which i make out to be around 2pm our time

Least it's not Vegas

Kell Brook due to enter the ring about 2.15am UK time, with Froch around 3.30am UK time, according to Eddie Hearn.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Ah, just seen it's 9pm eastern time... Which i make out to be around 2pm our time

Least it's not Vegas

Kell Brook due to enter the ring about 2.15am UK time, with Froch around 3.30am UK time, according to Eddie Hearn.

Ah bugger that's their start time isn't it, not fight time.

Oh well, will come on here and misbehave during the warm up.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Lucas Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:52 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Personally I feel as though it will not be wide either way, I can only envisage a close fight, Ward cannot stop Froch I think we would all agree on that, the mans chin is something else, I think Froch could POSSIBLY stop Ward as Wards chin is relatively an unknown quantity.

I'm going with a close UD for Froch genuinely think he will pull this one off, but only just.

Ward can't stop Froch? I think he'll do exactly that if Froch tries to bring it. Froch was scrambled by Taylor. Dirrell also buzzed him. Froch needs to keep this fight at range and box Ward behind his jab - then, and then only, he can try and mix it up.

Ward wins.

Captain Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

This fight will go the distance with hopefully Ward winning by a shutout decision. That way Froch wont be able to whinge when about the result (which he probably will anyway). Come on Andre OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

I have a feeling Froch is going to stop him late rounds.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Prefect Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:24 pm

I'm going the other way. I've got a feeling Ward stops, or the ref stops Froch by the 9th. Looking over their records, I don't think Froch has much more power than Ward. Throw in Ward's use of his head, I think it will be Ward by TKO.

Mr Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

I see Ward winning a messy fight on points.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:

Least it's not Vegas

Good luck Kell thumbsup

Is he still chatting to you on twitter Fists?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Lucas Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

Steffan wrote:This fight will go the distance with hopefully Ward winning by a shutout decision. That way Froch wont be able to whinge when about the result (which he probably will anyway). Come on Andre OK

You want Froch to lose because he threatens Calzaghe's topspot at 168. I'm going for Ward by KO/TKO - 9-1 odds, that's the bet.

Captain Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

Whoever wins you can guarentee someone will manage to describe it somehow with the word "Robbery" that's a gimme.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:49 pm

I think the last thing we need is another close SD... A few of us might implode as we've been a little bit arguementative recently.... not mentioning names

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

Yeah Coxy, some fall for the bait consistently however... Whistle

Anywho ladies and gents, stupidly long day at work and now I'm off to get drunk, hopefully see you all on Sunday to talk about the disgrace of a decision.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

Captain Lucas wrote:
Steffan wrote:This fight will go the distance with hopefully Ward winning by a shutout decision. That way Froch wont be able to whinge when about the result (which he probably will anyway). Come on Andre OK

You want Froch to lose because he threatens Calzaghe's topspot at 168. I'm going for Ward by KO/TKO - 9-1 odds, that's the bet.

If anyone takes Calzaghes SMW top spot it will be Ward not Froch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

Steffan wrote:
Captain Lucas wrote:

If anyone takes Calzaghes SMW top spot it will be Ward not Froch

When Froch beats Ward he will..... And will cement it when he beats Bute thumbsup

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:When Froch beats Ward he will..... And will cement it when he beats Bute thumbsup

Good for you...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:58 pm

Steffan wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:When Froch beats Ward he will..... And will cement it when he beats Bute thumbsup

Good for you...

Good for Froch more like

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Good for you...

Good for Froch more like

Im sure you will be just as overjoyed...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm

Hope Froch does it but Ward builds up an early enough lead and takes this by UD,Froch can't afford not to come out of the blocks quick but suspect this is what might happen.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:46 pm

Ward to win easily. He's different league, silky, technically gifted.

Froch is a brawler. He'll be easy picking for Ward.

This is indicated by how easily Ward dismantled Kessler, and Froch got owned by Kessler.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:59 pm

ward by a close points victory for me, maybe even a SD.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next