The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

+42
DaveVDK
oxring
Nico the gman
ReallyReal
djlovesyou
Gerflagenflople
Steffan
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
BoxingFan88
Super D Boon
AlexHuckerby
kevchadders
d260005p
88Chris05
Knowsit17
KingMonkey
HumanWindmill
Guest82
two_tone
Imperial Ghosty
easthfc
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
The Galveston Giant
Fernando
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Boxtthis
azania
J.Benson II
Sugar Floyd Louis
hogey
coxy0001
talkingpickle
Adam D
trottb
joeyjojo618
Rowley
fearlessBamber
paperbag_puncher
manos de piedra
Il Gialloblu
Waingro
46 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Should the decision in the Khan against Peterson fight be oveturned??

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap87%Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 53 ]
Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 61

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Empty Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:08 am

First topic message reminder :

This is what Khan has to say:

"It was like I was against two people in there - the referee and Lamont himself,"

"All I want is a fair fight. This is what Amir Khan is all about. This is the character I am. I like to have a good tear up and put in good performances."

"I knew it would be tough against him in his home town and this is why boxing has not been in Washington DC for 20 years - because you get a decision like that." "A robbery".

"I was the cleaner fighter".

"We have appealed. In the next seven to ten days we should find out and it should be overturned."

"I was treated unfairly during the fight. Lamont Peterson's coach even said to me that he knows how it feels to be robbed."

"The referee was from Washington so he was always going to favour the home fighter. He walks the streets of DC so if he was fair and took points off Peterson he'd be hated in Washington. "

"My titles were snatched off me unfairly. I don't think he'll be refereeing a big fight again."

"I want a rematch in a neutral place with a neutral referee and neutral judges. Not Washington or the UK, somewhere like Las Vegas would be fine."

What do people think should the decision be overturned like in the Hopkins and Dawson fight?

Imo if the fight is overturned there is no point for Khan to fight Peterson again why would he need a rematch he already beat him? I think he should fight Brook after this would be a great fight back in the UK Khan needs to forget about Mayweather who would school him I think Bradley would beat him too. Brook is quality and would beat Khan it is a fight I would love to see.

It would be good for British boxing if this result was overturned we would have another world champ it would also send out a message that robberies will not be tolerated and must be stamped out I just wish Murray, Macklin and Chisora had also appealed and got their results overturned we could have even more world champions. I think it is good that Khan is apealing hopefully it will be overturned and this will send a message to the judges in the Ward and Froch fight to be fair. Look at what to Lewis against Holyfield aswell that was another robbery which should have been overturned. Will we see less robberies now that fighters can appeal and get decisions overturned? I hope so because it is ruining the sport lets hope Khans appeal will be a success and he can get his titles back and get on with his career and hopefully fight Brook or maybe Bradley!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

azania wrote:Is that a reason to dislike Khan TopHat? Because he is simply not good enough to beat an elite fighter? Was Collazo an elite fighter? He showed up Hatton as being average. Lets hate on hatton for being just above club fighter status as opposed to liking him for being an exciting fighter, much like Khan is a very exciting fighter.

Do you expect him to say "you fought a good fight and you're better than me"? FFS you guys expect Khan to say things no other boxer in history who just lost a razor thin decision to say.

I don't dislike him because he lost. The most I've ever liked and respected him was following his loss to club-fighter Prescott where he showed some humility and bravery in facing the cameras immediately after and effectively holding his hands up.

I dislike him because he's acting like a spoilt petulent brat that isn't half as good as he and his team make out. As Truss would say, some people have got no class - Khan's one of them.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan launches Appeal to overturn Hometown decision!!

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:42 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:Froch got panned on this board when he went on about being 'robbed' by Kessler. If he had gone further and launched an appeal Im sure he would have got just as much stick as Khan is currently getting. No double standards there.

Froch said earlier in the week that he beat Kessler. Not a dickie bird on this board.

Moreover I believe the appeal is irrelevant to why people are criticising Khan post Peterson.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:43 am

I'm appealing because I lost a close decision and had points deducted from me for cheating, and people wonder why folk are getting riled with him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:44 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Is that a reason to dislike Khan TopHat? Because he is simply not good enough to beat an elite fighter? Was Collazo an elite fighter? He showed up Hatton as being average. Lets hate on hatton for being just above club fighter status as opposed to liking him for being an exciting fighter, much like Khan is a very exciting fighter.

Do you expect him to say "you fought a good fight and you're better than me"? FFS you guys expect Khan to say things no other boxer in history who just lost a razor thin decision to say.

I don't dislike him because he lost. The most I've ever liked and respected him was following his loss to club-fighter Prescott where he showed some humility and bravery in facing the cameras immediately after and effectively holding his hands up.

I dislike him because he's acting like a spoilt petulent brat that isn't half as good as he and his team make out. As Truss would say, some people have got no class - Khan's one of them.

So he thinks he's better than he actually is. Which top boxer doesn't. If a boxer actually believes he is not as good as his opponent, then he loses before he enters the ring. Credit to Khan for believing he could beat Floyd regardless of how delusional that is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

So he thinks he's better than he actually is. Which top boxer doesn't. If a boxer actually believes he is not as good as his opponent, then he loses before he enters the ring. Credit to Khan for believing he could beat Floyd regardless of how delusional that is.

There's a difference between thinking you're better than you are and telling everyone you're the best in the world, should be fighting the p4p#1 when you've not even been #1 in your own division and haven't fought a higher ranking fighter in a long long time.

At the end of the day Az, he's just not that likeable so, funnily enough, I and many others don't like him (much).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

Froch thinks he beat Kessler - he thinks that and says that but he lost, and thats what he knows. He didn't launch an appeal to have the decision overturned, he just still believes he won.

Why would Froch then say "teehee I was lucky with that Dirrell decision though eh? Lucky boy I am"

The general consensus here is that Froch lost to Dirrell, it was another close one, could have been either way. I presume because Froch is a little more spectacular and more entertainign to watch, the judges were perhaps a little more wowed.

This in no way correlates to Khan losing a close fight due to cheating, then to demand a rematch while actively attempting to get the new champion (who fought out of his skin) stripped and himself re-instated.

The only comparison is that Froch and Khan both lost close fights. One took it on the chin. Disagreed, but took it on the chin. The other is crying and moaning like a pre-pubescent teen beaten on Call of Duty claiming hacking.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm

rowley wrote:I'm appealing because I lost a close decision and had points deducted from me for cheating, and people wonder why folk are getting riled with him.

That isn't why he's appealing. Or rather that isn't the only ground he's appealing on. But it suits the haters to believe that it is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:I'm appealing because I lost a close decision and had points deducted from me for cheating, and people wonder why folk are getting riled with him.

That isn't why he's appealing. Or rather that isn't the only ground he's appealing on. But it suits the haters to believe that it is.

Whereas you just happily buy into this scorecard/typo rubbish that there's zero evidence of and common sense suggests a very clear answer to what happened (which again you're happy to ignore) and into Goldenboy saying Buffer told them Khan had won......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

JabMachine wrote:Froch thinks he beat Kessler - he thinks that and says that but he lost, and thats what he knows. He didn't launch an appeal to have the decision overturned, he just still believes he won.

Why would Froch then say "teehee I was lucky with that Dirrell decision though eh? Lucky boy I am"

The general consensus here is that Froch lost to Dirrell, it was another close one, could have been either way. I presume because Froch is a little more spectacular and more entertainign to watch, the judges were perhaps a little more wowed.

This in no way correlates to Khan losing a close fight due to cheating, then to demand a rematch while actively attempting to get the new champion (who fought out of his skin) stripped and himself re-instated.

The only comparison is that Froch and Khan both lost close fights. One took it on the chin. Disagreed, but took it on the chin. The other is crying and moaning like a pre-pubescent teen beaten on Call of Duty claiming hacking.

Froch has no grounds to appeal. The score cards were not altered were they? And how has he taken it on the chin? He's still complaining about it which you should be aware is classless of him. I mean the normally classy Kessler complained loudly and classlessly that Ward uses his head too much. He should have taken it on the chin and moved on. But surprise surprise, its Ward who gets criticised for his liberal use of his head. Kessler gets a free pass on his moaning.

Oh and Froch still moans about how he was robbed. A free pass is given. He is rightfully praised for wanting to and seeking the best fighters in his division. Khan talks about fighting the best there is and he gets called arrogant.

Ho hum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

There's a difference between thinking you're better than you are and telling everyone you're the best in the world, should be fighting the p4p#1 when you've not even been #1 in your own division and haven't fought a higher ranking fighter in a long long time.

At the end of the day Az, he's just not that likeable so, funnily enough, I and many others don't like him (much).

So he is also confident. Didn't Hatton say he's the best in the world. Isn't Froch saying the same thing without even considering Bute? Very classless of him dont you think?

Why shouldn't Khan to fight the very best? He should be praised fo rthat. Khan still is the best in his division. His 'loss' was more on the ref than Peterson.

He is not likeable because he says things other boxers have said. Very rational.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:21 pm

You are irritating me with the way you're viewing this.

Khan is appealing because the scorecards were altered to reflect the points deduction - are the judges not allowed to do this? The appeal should have been made behind closed doors, without anything else being said. Immediately after the fight he moaned about being penalised and yelled about hometown decisions, that wasn't cutting the mustard, so he's then said about the scorecards - that made everyone think he's contesting a close fight too much, and now he's complaining about Peterson headbutting him?

The act of a spoilt brat. Why didn't he just say "Damnit, I lost - bit dubious, whatever. I felt I won - rematch will sort that out" instead of this circus?

Froch believes he won. Thats the end of it. He could appeal, he could say the judges were biased and quote stats, show videos etc. Its not classless, its the mark of a wounded warrior. Classless is trying to get the decision overturned and a very valiant fighter stripped of a title he worked very hard for.

And Ward does use his head. Not just Kessler. Anyone who's fought him will tell you the same.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Whereas you just happily buy into this scorecard/typo rubbish that there's zero evidence of and common sense suggests a very clear answer to what happened (which again you're happy to ignore) and into Goldenboy saying Buffer told them Khan had won......

Wrong again. I have said on this very thread that I do not support the appeal. How do you know there isn't any evidence? You are projecting your own pre-judged opinions on the findings. I personally believe there is nothing to win by going down that route, but am disappointed at the obvious home town reffing that went on.

Also I am not ignoring anything. Projecting again mate.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

So he is also confident. Didn't Hatton say he's the best in the world. Isn't Froch saying the same thing without even considering Bute? Very classless of him dont you think?

Why shouldn't Khan to fight the very best? He should be praised fo rthat. Khan still is the best in his division. His 'loss' was more on the ref than Peterson.

He is not likeable because he says things other boxers have said. Very rational.

Froch and Hatton have/had much stronger claims than Khan though and had worked a damned sight harder for it at that stage. You're so blinkered it's almost wummery.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

azania wrote:but am disappointed at the obvious home town reffing that went on.

What home town reffing? Docking points for cheating after being warned?

Thats not home town reffing mate, thats just reffing.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Wrong again. I have said on this very thread that I do not support the appeal. How do you know there isn't any evidence? You are projecting your own pre-judged opinions on the findings. I personally believe there is nothing to win by going down that route, but am disappointed at the obvious home town reffing that went on.

Also I am not ignoring anything. Projecting again mate.

You've mentioned the scorecard issue plenty of times, especially when Khan's criticised for whingeing about the reffering/deducted points, you're the only person on this thread that's made a point about these other reasons for the appeal - you focusing particularly on the scorecards. I'll amend my other comment to say that 'no evidence has been presented', which is correct.

And twice on this thread the scorecard issue has been addressed with common sense and neither time have you responded, you've just changed tack to 'everyone just hates Khan for being the same as every other boxer' while the scorecard issue dies down before bringing it back up again (by referecing these 'other reasons for appeal' again).

Anways, this is just getting silly now, there's only so long I can bang my head against a brick wall when I still haven't shaken off my hangover. I'm out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

JabMachine wrote:

I'm starting to think Azania and Waingro might be the same person.....

(ok, now I'm out)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
JabMachine wrote:

(ok, now I'm out)

Now that isn't nice. censored

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:44 pm

JabMachine wrote:

Docking points for something that other boxers are hardly docked points for.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Froch and Hatton have/had much stronger claims than Khan though and had worked a damned sight harder for it at that stage. You're so blinkered it's almost wummery.

Stronger claims to what? Did the ref deduct points from Froch that eventually cost him the fight? Did Floyd not land the check hook on Hatton negating any thigs else?

How have they worked harder? Your dislike of Khan is irrational.

Please explain how I am being blinkered? In fact quite the opposite. Khan has said nothing that other boxers have gotten away with. But Kahn gets a hard time. Perhaps he's being too uppity.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:59 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:Further ref Mosley, Winky Wright.

Was that a razor thin decision where the ref deducted 2 points in a highly controversial judgement which cost SSM the fight?

How is it that people dont hold it against Froch for still going on about how he is undefeated and that he beat Kessler? Yet people ignore the dubious decision he was given against Dirrell.

Double standards.

In a downpour you guys would criticise Khan for saying its raining.

Are you even listening? No. For a change.

I hold it against Froch for going on that he is undefeated. I don't ignore the decision against Dirrell - I have on record as saying that Dirrell at the very least threw the fight away - the other way of looking at it would be to describe it as a hometown decision. Frankly - the abuse Amir gets is a straight consequence of the way he behaves. He alienates his fanbase. No double standards.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

oxring wrote:
azania wrote:
oxring wrote:Further ref Mosley, Winky Wright.

Was that a razor thin decision where the ref deducted 2 points in a highly controversial judgement which cost SSM the fight?

How is it that people dont hold it against Froch for still going on about how he is undefeated and that he beat Kessler? Yet people ignore the dubious decision he was given against Dirrell.

Double standards.

In a downpour you guys would criticise Khan for saying its raining.

Are you even listening? No. For a change.

I hold it against Froch for going on that he is undefeated. I don't ignore the decision against Dirrell - I have on record as saying that Dirrell at the very least threw the fight away - the other way of looking at it would be to describe it as a hometown decision. Frankly - the abuse Amir gets is a straight consequence of the way he behaves. He alienates his fanbase. No double standards.

OK, apologies for that. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. No arguments.

But (its inevitable that there is one) my arguments holds tight for many here. Froch says something....no issue. Khan says the same thing, khan is criticised for all manner of things.

Personally I have no strong feelings towards him. He doesn't raise my ire or cause me to sit up and listen. But in the ring where it matters, he is exciting. Judge him on that..

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:06 pm

You still don't get it. It's not the fact that he's said these things it's the fact that he is dragging it out like this and being so petulant as to actually launch a formal appeal.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:20 pm

I can't believe I'm chucking my hat in but here I go;

If you want to compare Khan to Froch then fine but I've no doubt that in the cold light of day most fans know Froch lost against Kessler. They also appreciate that Khan vs Peterson was close. Deep down I think even Froch knows he lost but he's made the best of it and won his belts back, albeit whilst 'saying' that he thought he won.

The judges went against Amir, suck it up, move on, it could be a blessing. (Floyd would batter him).

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:22 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
JabMachine wrote:

(ok, now I'm out)

Now that isn't nice. censored

Yes, how dare you insult Waingro like that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

trottb wrote:You still don't get it. It's not the fact that he's said these things it's the fact that he is dragging it out like this and being so petulant as to actually launch a formal appeal.

Its Golden Boy launching the appeal on his behalf. Don King launched the appeal after Douglas. No-one criticised Tyson for that. In fact all the criticism was levelled at King and rightfully so.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

KingMonkey wrote:I can't believe I'm chucking my hat in but here I go;

If you want to compare Khan to Froch then fine but I've no doubt that in the cold light of day most fans know Froch lost against Kessler. They also appreciate that Khan vs Peterson was close. Deep down I think even Froch knows he lost but he's made the best of it and won his belts back, albeit whilst 'saying' that he thought he won.

The judges went against Amir, suck it up, move on, it could be a blessing. (Floyd would batter him).

Not one to be pedantic (quiet oxy) but but it was the ref who went against Amir in a manner of speaking. The judges had him winning but the two points the ref asked them to deduct cost Khan the fight.

Buton the whole I agree 100% with what you say. He should suck it up and move on. Get better management team, negotiate a better deal in future. No rematch and neutral ref when fighting in the opponent's hometown is a prerequisite.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

had khan winning but result shouldn't get overturned

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

Is that the same ref that warned (WARNED) Khan plenty of times before docking points?

I think we're stuck with this version of Amir to be honest. He surrounds himself with know nothing leeches and this is the outcome.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4