The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan Appeal Rejected

+10
hampo17
JabMachine
quentins_monkey
Super D Boon
AlexHuckerby
Valero's Conscience
hogey
azania
Boxtthis
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
14 posters

Go down

Khan Appeal Rejected Empty Khan Appeal Rejected

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/885296-amir-khans-appeal-against-world-title-defeat-rejected-by-governing-body

Seems justice has been done.

I feel that there should be a penalty to pay for such a move. This was such a waste of time and Goldenboy should have spoke with Khan and told him to wind his neck in and get on with it.

The fight was too close for such an appeal to be set up.

99% of people had the fight either one or two rounds up for each Khan or Peterson or a draw. 1% Where Khan nutthuggers.

This will have been a major hit to Khan's reputation and I for one think he deserves to be ridiculed for it. I honestly wouldn't have minded him harping on about it (ala DeGale going on about Groves) but to actually try to win the titles back by writing to the Governing Bodies is laughable in this case.

Again, thank God this didn't go any further for the sake of the sport. The last thing we need is a new generation of loser cry babies.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Khan Appeal Rejected Empty Re: Khan Appeal Rejected

Post by Boxtthis Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

Shocker...

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:05 pm

Firstly its wrong that the idea of the appeal was Khan's idea and that somehow he forced GBP to go through with it. GBP were the ones who launched the appeal on Khan's behalf hoping to get the decision over-turned. Also it wasn't the judging they were appealing against but the deduction of points and the altering of the scorecard after the fight.

Lastly the appeal was wrong in the first place. All matters when it comes to changing titles should be left in the ring. The ref's decision is final.

Don't lets go bashing Khan as many other fighters have done something similar.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm

Good news, lets hope he stops crying like a little girl now it has been cringworthy watching him whinging his way around ever media outlet it Britain. He could only have made a bigger fool of himself if he been accompanied by David Haye's toe.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

I don't know anymore info on this but Khan put on Twitter that the scorecards had been lost after the fight!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:14 pm

azania wrote:Firstly its wrong that the idea of the appeal was Khan's idea and that somehow he forced GBP to go through with it. GBP were the ones who launched the appeal on Khan's behalf hoping to get the decision over-turned. Also it wasn't the judging they were appealing against but the deduction of points and the altering of the scorecard after the fight.

Lastly the appeal was wrong in the first place. All matters when it comes to changing titles should be left in the ring. The ref's decision is final.

I agree that it should have been left in the ring Az.

But if we think Khan wasn't involved in this then we are as deluded as him.

Fair play if he had of made an official complaint which he surely did. But trying to get the decision overturned and to regain his belts is a whole different kettle of fish.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:19 pm

Can't see a rematch anytime soon either as the IBF ruled that out as well.

Khan should just focus on moving up to 147 and facing Peterson some other time.

The winner of Ortiz vs Berto maybe with Brook facing the loser of the two and the winners of each of those fights facing eachother.

Although one can only dream...
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

To be fair it was 100% clear who won the Froch/Ward fight and not all that clear with the Khan one, and the Khan one had a lot of contentious issues worth bringing up also.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:Firstly its wrong that the idea of the appeal was Khan's idea and that somehow he forced GBP to go through with it. GBP were the ones who launched the appeal on Khan's behalf hoping to get the decision over-turned. Also it wasn't the judging they were appealing against but the deduction of points and the altering of the scorecard after the fight.

I agree that it should have been left in the ring Az.

But if we think Khan wasn't involved in this then we are as deluded as him.

Fair play if he had of made an official complaint which he surely did. But trying to get the decision overturned and to regain his belts is a whole different kettle of fish.

yes Khan was involved in that they (GBP) probably told him they would appeal. He went along with it. Much in the same way Tyson went along with the appeal by King after the supposed long count with Douglas. No-one seems to hold it against Tyson but rightly blame King.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:24 pm

alma wrote:At least he didn't bleat on about it on Saturday night. Found it hilarious how well Froch took the defeat in contrast to Khan, bearing in mind how much they hate each other.

Do you find it equally hilarious that Froch is still bleating on about how he was robbed by Kessler and how he was robbed in the ABA finals?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:28 pm

I don't think appeals should be ridiculed in boxing and don't blame Khan or his handlers for launching an appeal. If anything, there should be hundreds more appeals than this if it eventually helps to stamp out the truly awful decisions eg. Chisora / Helenius that's were getting lately.

The problem is, this fight was not a complete robbery or anything like as controversial as many other fights I could think of so am glad the appeal was rejected.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm

I don't think the Khan fight was in any way a robbery - just a close fight that swung in peterson's favour based on the points deductions.

You could clearly hear the referee warning Khan throughout the fight, so it was up to Khan to change tactics, and his inability to do this against a fighter that most people thought he'd beat fairly easily was the reason he lost the fight.

As much as I am a fan of Khan he should've have accepted his defeat like a man (Froch) and looked towards securing a rematch where he could prove that the result was due to an off-night. Instead all of this complaining has left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths, and in all honesty I hope Peterson looks for a rematch with Bradley instead...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

Froch was very humble in defeat. The referee in their fight was the referee that would have taken Khan to a victory I believe.

Khan is a phenomenal fighter, and I believe he'd beat Peterson in a rematch, he'd up his workrate and be more elusive when the shots came back.

Thing is, how he's acted and things he's said. I now believe he's a spoiled brat, and I hate that type of mentality.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Even as a Khan fan I'm happy it's been rejected, as has been said before it was a close fight, and while I don't think the ref helped (there where things that Peterson did that the ref let him get away with) he can't really complain as he had an off night.

Khan would dismantle Peterson in a rematch imo, he'd use his speed more, hit and not be hit imo. He does really need to work on his infighting though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:03 pm

it is what it is. he should take it and move onwards and upwards.

push for a rematch and if he doesnt get it, go for one of the other belts or another big opponent.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

azania wrote:
alma wrote:At least he didn't bleat on about it on Saturday night. Found it hilarious how well Froch took the defeat in contrast to Khan, bearing in mind how much they hate each other.

Do you find it equally hilarious that Froch is still bleating on about how he was robbed by Kessler and how he was robbed in the ABA finals?

He doesn't bleat on about it. He did go on about it shortly after it happened, but he didn't try to appeal the decision. Which I still can't understand why any boxing fan would defend Khan over this.

And if GBP surely would have asked him first as it was his fight and his defeat. He should have known or his PR would should have advised him that it could have a bad reflection on him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

hampo171 wrote:Even as a Khan fan I'm happy it's been rejected, as has been said before it was a close fight, and while I don't think the ref helped (there where things that Peterson did that the ref let him get away with) he can't really complain as he had an off night.

Khan would dismantle Peterson in a rematch imo, he'd use his speed more, hit and not be hit imo. He does really need to work on his infighting though.

Well we all thought that before the previous fight and Peterson showed that he was smart enough to take Amir out of his comfort zone. Khan never had the power to hurt him and I don't think he ever could again and he kept coming forward. I don't think a rematch would be any different albeit Khan might win a close points decision, but can't see a dismantling.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

azania wrote:

He doesn't bleat on about it. He did go on about it shortly after it happened, but he didn't try to appeal the decision. Which I still can't understand why any boxing fan would defend Khan over this.

And if GBP surely would have asked him first as it was his fight and his defeat. He should have known or his PR would should have advised him that it could have a bad reflection on him.

Reborn

In the last 360 episode Froch said he considered himself undefeated and even went so far as to say he was robbed in the ABA finals. He still denies Kessler won that fight.

Unfortunately denial happens with every boxer who got the short straw in a close decision.

Also I doubt if GBP sought Khan's permission. Their highly paid lawyers probably told him they would appeal. Khan is not the brightest spark and probably went along with it. Tyson did it and Hop got his belts back that way. It happens.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:21 pm

hampo171 wrote:Even as a Khan fan I'm happy it's been rejected, as has been said before it was a close fight, and while I don't think the ref helped (there where things that Peterson did that the ref let him get away with) he can't really complain as he had an off night.

Well we all thought that before the previous fight and Peterson showed that he was smart enough to take Amir out of his comfort zone. Khan never had the power to hurt him and I don't think he ever could again and he kept coming forward. I don't think a rematch would be any different albeit Khan might win a close points decision, but can't see a dismantling.

If anything it could be harder for khan. Peterson lost the first 2 rounds and hit the canvas when leaning back, he was trying to outbox khan and time him. If he pressured from the beginning he could have made it more comfortable. Khan never really hurt peterson except from when peterson was flagging. Peterson will go to camp and focus purely on pressuring, increasing stamina, footwork and power to get khan in the same situation. Khan can't just fight on the backfoot, he will have to engage at some point and comes unstuck

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

Personally think Khan was too happy to engage and stood his ground to often, allowing Peterson to get so close, the Khan that fought Kotelnik a few years ago was a hit and move fighter which is exactly what Khan needed in this fight, when he did this Peterson didn't get near him, shame he only did it for about 15 seconds a round and then decided to hold his ground allowing Peterson in.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

Hampo are you H4mpo from the old 606? Apologies if you've already been asked this!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

Yeah mate haha! Haven't been on here since I signed up.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

hampo171 wrote:Personally think Khan was too happy to engage and stood his ground to often, allowing Peterson to get so close, the Khan that fought Kotelnik a few years ago was a hit and move fighter which is exactly what Khan needed in this fight, when he did this Peterson didn't get near him, shame he only did it for about 15 seconds a round and then decided to hold his ground allowing Peterson in.

Possible Hampo but what is equally as possible is on the back of the Maidana fight opponents have realised if you are to succeed against Khan you have to close the distance and get inside. The Petersen fight would certainly suggest this as he is traditionally a counter puncher, this is why for me it is essential Khan works on his inside game because have to think a lot of fighters will have looked at this fight as the template for success against him

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Can see what you're saying Rowley. It is slightly concerning that when one Khan flaw seems to go another appears Doh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Ah good stuff, great to see you over here, mate, glad you've decided to start contributing!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

hampo171 wrote:Personally think Khan was too happy to engage and stood his ground to often, allowing Peterson to get so close, the Khan that fought Kotelnik a few years ago was a hit and move fighter which is exactly what Khan needed in this fight, when he did this Peterson didn't get near him, shame he only did it for about 15 seconds a round and then decided to hold his ground allowing Peterson in.

Peterson is better than Kotelnic and also Maidana had shown how to fight Khan. You're not going to outbox him. To beat him you have to be aggressive and bully him. I'd back Peterson to win a rematch unless Khan learns to put some meat in his jab.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down