The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A strange going on at Saford City Reds

3 posters

Go down

A strange going on at Saford City Reds Empty A strange going on at Saford City Reds

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/3999235/Josh-Veivers-gets-Red-light-from-Salford.html
Has he or hasn't he is the question.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

A strange going on at Saford City Reds Empty Re: A strange going on at Saford City Reds

Post by Kenny Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:24 pm

I get the impression that Josh has jumped the gun in announcing his signing before Salford have managed to get around the quota problem .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

A strange going on at Saford City Reds Empty Re: A strange going on at Saford City Reds

Post by Luke Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:39 pm

Apparently Josh Veivers & Stuart Howarth are taking legal action against the RFL over this matter.
Both have been training with Salford, who are keen to sign the players.
The fact that Salford have reached there federation quota should not be a issue here.
It seems stupid to me that we are penalising young British players from playing, and then complaining about how many forign players are playing here, and why are so many players leaving RL.
I know that rules are rules, and why they were bought in, but surely a comprimise situation can be reached here.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 2:26 am

I wasn't aware that Veivers and Howarth were taking legal action.
The down side for them will be that if they fail in their legal action no Super League clubs will want them as they will be labelled trouble.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:08 am

That's true George, it is a risky strargy, but like i said it does seem a stupid situation all round really.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

What i can't make out in all of this is the fact that both are English born and both are Wigan academy products, yet we still have clubs bending the rules to get imports off the overseas quota, yet the RFL do next to nothing about it. Surely its better to have British players at Super League clubs than have been and never was players from the NRL. I'm conussed.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm

Agree, it sometimes makes you wonder wether the RFL are only intrested with raising the profile and short term intrests in the game.
i Don't think that there should be a quota for british trained players, and that this situation should never arise. It seems stupid & short sighted that we are penolising players & clubs for being British/ buying british.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down