The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan now alienating boxing fans

+14
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
trottb
joeyjojo618
Bob
BorrisTheBlade
spencerclarke
hogey
azania
compelling and rich
School Project
The Galveston Giant
OasisBFC
AlexHuckerby
JabMachine
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan now alienating boxing fans Empty Khan now alienating boxing fans

Post by JabMachine Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

I've just read Sky Sports interview with Amir Khan - found here

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7378759/Khan-I-had-no-choice

He's now got to the point where I feel he's alienating his british boxing fans. Not necessarily part time boxing fans, but certainly the people who watched his fight in the early hours. The people who watched his fight will know that Lamont wasn't headbutting - he was moving in, chin tucked and pushing Khan to fight inside - Roach doesn't seem to have taught Khan the inside game. This doesn't mean that every time a fighter comes inside that Khan has any right to push, its against the rules to push, otherwise it'd be a pushing competition and the guy with the longest arms would win.

Before the Peterson fight, I had him pegged to win based on styles - I felt that Peterson was too limited and would eat jab all night. I now have a profound respect for him because he knew exactly how to get to Khan, and although without the point deduction I felt Khan was the busier - the simple fact that he left it to the judges in Lamonts home town means he only has himself to blame together with making the referee take points. The referee warned him enough. He didn't need to warn Peterson, he wasn't headbutting, and I didn't see him do it once. I saw his head being the way he was moving inside, but to get inside you don't hold your head high and allow for hooks to come in, you want to get in with your chin untouched.

Amir has now made me question him as a man. If he'd have walked away, said "Didn't get the result, came with the wrong plan to win comfortably, well done Lamont - hope you'll give me a rematch cos I did come here and give you a shot" then we'd have all been singing his praises, how he took it graciously and was unlucky. Now I'm thinking he's a spoilt brat who is moaning about a VERY close fight just because he knows he didn't fight as he wanted.

If this gets overturned then its terrible for boxing - are you all questioning Khan now? Do you feel that although you agree that the Peterson fight has annoyed you, do you feel that in future fights if he loses he's going to whine and moan as to why?

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Khan now alienating boxing fans Empty Re: Khan now alienating boxing fans

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

He just gave his reasons and his views as to what happened, he feels he won, how is this alienating boxing fans?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:13 am

I dont think the result should be over turned but they should order an immediate rematch.

tough fight or not khan was the clear winner bar the pushes so im expecting more of the same with the rematch.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:37 am

He's alienating boxing fans by treating them as if they hadn't watched the fight, or understand boxing.

He's acting as if because he decided he should have won and he didn't cheat, then its fact - when most people on this board, and anyone who knows boxing know that he's talking from his bum.

My dad for example, is a part time fan - he's learnt that Khan lost, reads an article like that and thinks "ROBBERY! Khan should have won" etc

We read an article like that and think, "pull the other one woman, learn to lose better"

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:49 am

Yes he has, some people will see nothing bad whatever he does but he needs to grow up. Several non boxing fans have mentioned Khan was robbed to me by what they've read in the papers, it's a joke.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 6:43 pm

JabMachine wrote:I've just read Sky Sports interview with Amir Khan - found here

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7378759/Khan-I-had-no-choice

He's now got to the point where I feel he's alienating his british boxing fans. Not necessarily part time boxing fans, but certainly the people who watched his fight in the early hours. The people who watched his fight will know that Lamont wasn't headbutting - he was moving in, chin tucked and pushing Khan to fight inside - Roach doesn't seem to have taught Khan the inside game. This doesn't mean that every time a fighter comes inside that Khan has any right to push, its against the rules to push, otherwise it'd be a pushing competition and the guy with the longest arms would win.

Before the Peterson fight, I had him pegged to win based on styles - I felt that Peterson was too limited and would eat jab all night. I now have a profound respect for him because he knew exactly how to get to Khan, and although without the point deduction I felt Khan was the busier - the simple fact that he left it to the judges in Lamonts home town means he only has himself to blame together with making the referee take points. The referee warned him enough. He didn't need to warn Peterson, he wasn't headbutting, and I didn't see him do it once. I saw his head being the way he was moving inside, but to get inside you don't hold your head high and allow for hooks to come in, you want to get in with your chin untouched.

Amir has now made me question him as a man. If he'd have walked away, said "Didn't get the result, came with the wrong plan to win comfortably, well done Lamont - hope you'll give me a rematch cos I did come here and give you a shot" then we'd have all been singing his praises, how he took it graciously and was unlucky. Now I'm thinking he's a spoilt brat who is moaning about a VERY close fight just because he knows he didn't fight as he wanted.

If this gets overturned then its terrible for boxing - are you all questioning Khan now? Do you feel that although you agree that the Peterson fight has annoyed you, do you feel that in future fights if he loses he's going to whine and moan as to why?

I judge a boxer on his boxing not his personality or out of ring behaviour, I know & understand this doesn't sit well with everybody but it's just my opinion. Khan has a right to air his views over the refereeing of the fight, thought the points deductions were a bit harsh as so often they're not docked for holding & the 2 knockdowns in the 1st round. I scored the fight to Peterson by 1 point due to the points docked. At the beginning of the fight when the ref was giving his instructions I felt Khan didn't look that confident or focused as he has in previous fights, didn't have the look in his eye.

I agree had Khan just excepted it, taken it graciously & pushed for the rematch as you said he'd have a lot more respect from people. A more positive way to go about things.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm

As the 606 resident Amir Khan "critic"... I can't see how he is alienating fans following his close loss. He is naturally gutted and as per usual is blaming someone else.

People have an opinion of him because if his attitude out of the ring which is justified, but I couldn't say on this occasion he has alienated people. He just has egg on his face and hasn't shown any humility.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:24 pm

khan has and always will talk a load of rubbish, certainly isnt the only boxer guilty of this. and think he realy does lack the intelligence for this to ever change. having said that though he's a talented boxer who's great to watch.

i dont see why there should be a immediate rematch over the judges scorecards, very close fight in most people opinions backed up on the judges scorecards. after recent weeks scoring thought the judging was good if im honest. but i would like to see a rematch simply because i thought it was a great fight with two of the best at the weight, would be great to see again

Last edited by compelling and rich on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:49 pm

Has Hopkins alienated boxing fans? Did Tyson try to alienate boxing fans when they tried to get the douglas decision reversed?

Is your dislike for Khan because you find him too uppity?

Last edited by azania on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:55 pm

Khan's problem he has a mans body with a teenagers brain. He could do with mixing with people that tell him some home truths rather than lick his arse all the time.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:24 pm

In the early days I cheered the guy on. Olympics and early career etc. However in recent years I've just thought his slagging off of other British boxers is a bit much. Plus call out Floyd when you have had some other super fights not before hand.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by BorrisTheBlade Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:12 pm

A bit of a dramatic title considering your justifications so I feel the need to quote a fine gentlemen who will be engaging in combat tommorow night for our pleasures. "Don't take it personally, it's only boxing," (Carl Froch).

Furthermore, I dislike Khan more for posing in a picture with William Hague recently, then his child like manner in accepting defeat.

Idiot!!

BorrisTheBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

BorrisTheBlade wrote:A bit of a dramatic title considering your justifications so I feel the need to quote a fine gentlemen who will be engaging in combat tommorow night for our pleasures. "Don't take it personally, it's only boxing," (Carl Froch).

Furthermore, I dislike Khan more for posing in a picture with William Hague recently, then his child like manner in accepting defeat.

Idiot!!

Sod that. And I've spent pages defending him. Git

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

was funny seeing him stood beside and being dwarfed by miranda on the comedy awards!!! Smile

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:18 pm

spencerclarke wrote:In the early days I cheered the guy on. Olympics and early career etc. However in recent years I've just thought his slagging off of other British boxers is a bit much. Plus call out Floyd when you have had some other super fights not before hand.

Superfights? When did Hatton have a superfight prior to Floyd? Ortiz? a blown up J Marquez? Khan wanted Floyd for the money. All roads leads to Floyd is you want to make serious money. Who can blame the kid for that?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:49 pm

least ortiz v berto was 50:50 fight. hatton underdog against kostya. Khan's have never been much to write home about. As I say I did support him from the start. Just not keen on his attitude over recent years. If he continues to have exciting fights fare play, then would love him to stay in the game. Just not gonna be a fan of him at the mo.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:10 pm

Sorry, but this is a load of bullsh*t.

I've not read a single boxing pundit write that Khan deserved the two point deduction, and that cost him the fight and the world championship. It's not like he's a dirty fighter like Bika. I think he's fully justified in being livid, and people just expect him to accept it and smile because some f*ckwit decides to dock points until he loses.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:25 pm

Bob wrote:Sorry, but this is a load of bullsh*t.

I've not read a single boxing pundit write that Khan deserved the two point deduction, and that cost him the fight and the world championship. It's not like he's a dirty fighter like Bika. I think he's fully justified in being livid, and people just expect him to accept it and smile because some f*ckwit decides to dock points until he loses.

clap

Exactly. Hatred of Khan is becoming irrational.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:29 pm

spencerclarke wrote:least ortiz v berto was 50:50 fight. hatton underdog against kostya. Khan's have never been much to write home about. As I say I did support him from the start. Just not keen on his attitude over recent years. If he continues to have exciting fights fare play, then would love him to stay in the game. Just not gonna be a fan of him at the mo.

How long prior to beating Kostya did Hatton fight Floyd? Hatton feasted on a former JLW shamp before Floyd. Scraped past Urango and 'won' against Colazo. Yes he was praised to the hilt when he called out Floyd. Khan beat Judah and called out Floyd and then is called an arrogant so and so.

The bottotm line is Khan delivers excitement. For that alone he will get myy support. I dont want boxers to be role models or neo intellectuals. I dont give a hoot what they say outside the ropes. They are paid to entertain me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:32 pm

Still don't see how his fights of late have excited of late, thats the bottom line.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Still don't see how his fights of late have excited of late, thats the bottom line.

You cant be a boxing fan and claim you didn't enjoy the Maidana fight which was Ring FOTY. The Peterson fight was also exciting. But hey, horses for courses.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:27 am

Bob wrote:Sorry, but this is a load of bullsh*t.

You do understand that pushing is not allowed in boxing right? Most refs would not have taken the points off (and I personally dont feel it warranted two points), but the first time it happened Khan should have realised he was in with a fussy ref and stopped doing it. If he had learned and adapted after the first point then he wouldnt have lost the fight.

Also, no one expects him to smile and accept it. He called it a robbery; fine, some people agree some disagree, and he is going to get some stick from some quarters (see for example Froch Kessler.) But in calling for the result to be overturned he has gone too far in many peoples eyes as it looks like petulance (whether it is or not.) Thats why he is getting more stick than usual at the moment.

In a recent article I said that I felt a bit sorry for Manny post Marquez, as its not his fault he robbed JMM but he was getting absolutely panned by boxing fans everywhere. I was told by Chris that boxers should have thick skins, Pacman would just have to deal with the temporary anger directed against him and I should stop being so precious. Good advice, and I think perhaps you guys should stop being so precious about this one, which will no doubt blow itself out.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:08 am

i meant more the judah and mcklosky fights. Just don't think he does himself any favours. It was his decision to go to DC, he said before hand he wasn't concerned about a home decision. Straight afterwards it's his first comment. It was a close fight, controversia, l but no robbery. Deffo not a commentator either!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

though to be fair opposition in those two fights didn't go to make them exciting

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:17 am

spencerclarke wrote:i meant more the judah and mcklosky fights. Just don't think he does himself any favours. It was his decision to go to DC, he said before hand he wasn't concerned about a home decision. Straight afterwards it's his first comment. It was a close fight, controversia, l but no robbery. Deffo not a commentator either!

Has anyone looked exciting against Mac? Judah ran until Khan ended it in brilliant fashion.

Whoever negotiated his contract should be fired immediately. I can uarantee it wasn't a boxing person. Probably a person who was led by his heart and not his head. No re-match clause, no neutral ref and only one neural judge. Quite frankly that is silly beyond reason. It wasn't a robbery although I scored it for Khan even after the deductions. But he has every reason to be livid for those deductions. I mean no other or even champ for that matter has had points deducted for excessive pushing. It is more or less accepted as part of boxing.

Even Froch is still talking about being robbed in his ABA final. No criticism or comments of him being classless but praise for being a warrior. Khan has sought the best and delivers exciting fights which are give and take affairs. Yet he is called clasless for doing and saying what other boxers who get praise say.

Double standards? You make up your mind.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:22 am

Perhaps you were not on the boards at the time az so its an understandable mistake to make, but Froch did get panned for saying he was robbed. Its just that it was a long time ago now so the criticism has receded. Just like the criticism of Khan will be dropped nearly two years down the line. I keep saying it, but I see no double standard there at all.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:Perhaps you were not on the boards at the time az so its an understandable mistake to make, but Froch did get panned for saying he was robbed. Its just that it was a long time ago now so the criticism has receded. Just like the criticism of Khan will be dropped nearly two years down the line. I keep saying it, but I see no double standard there at all.

He's still saying it and adding the ABA final. Many of Khan's comments are dragged up to use as criticism of him. He's a bloomin boxer not a rocket scientist. He felt cheated so has every right to be cheesed off about it.

People forget what Froch is still saying or choose to ignore him and praise him. Not Khan. Personally I thought Froch lost but he is miffed about the decision. If he thought he won then he is right to be angry. All this talk of classless and classy, humble or arrogant is meaningless to me. Its what they do in the ring that matter. Froch and Khan are exciting and very good boxers plus they are british. For that and because I'm familiar with them I will support both of them and hope they become world champs. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

Az, why do you insist on bringing up the same points over and over again, whilst constantly being proved wrong? Despite nobody else getting deductions for it, it doesn't mean that the ref isn't entitled to, especially, after numerous warnings.

It wouldn't matter to anyne if he still said he was the winner in 5 years time apart from the fact that he has took it so far as to launch an unjust appeal based on what looks to be an administration error and a ref that they should have vetoed in the negotiations. Nobody to blame but himself. He should have put it beyond resonable doubt anyway.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:36 am

Where and what specific comments are dragged up to use as criticism of Khan? I have not heard Amir getting much stick on here at all recently, until the aftermath of the Peterson fight. In fact I thought people were starting to get right behind him.

I agree with your final statement; I support both of them too and hope they become world champs. I personally would just like Khan to drop the investigation, take an immediate rematch in a neutral venue and beat him convincingly (which I believe he will.)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:45 am

trottb wrote:Az, why do you insist on bringing up the same points over and over again, whilst constantly being proved wrong? Despite nobody else getting deductions for it, it doesn't mean that the ref isn't entitled to, especially, after numerous warnings.

It wouldn't matter to anyne if he still said he was the winner in 5 years time apart from the fact that he has took it so far as to launch an unjust appeal based on what looks to be an administration error and a ref that they should have vetoed in the negotiations. Nobody to blame but himself. He should have put it beyond resonable doubt anyway.

trott

I've never been proved wrong.......yet Smile The point is thatdeductions for pushing is hardly ever done. As said above, every single writer on both sides of the pond all claim Khan was hard done by by the ref. Yes rules are rules if you want to be a stickler then fine. Other than here, I haven't read anything that suggests Khan deserved the deductions.

He also believes he put it beyond doubt in thr ings. Yes he should not have launched the appeal. But Norton won his belt on appeal when Ali fought Spinks, King went to court to over-turn the Douglas result, Hoppo got his belts back in the courts. For some reason no-one criticises the fighters to the degree that Khan gets criticised. In fact everyone blamed King for trying to manipulate the WBC in the Tyson appeal.

In a rematch I reckon Peterson will win unless Khan changes styles and trainers. He has his number using the tactics he adopted from R3 onwards.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:48 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:Where and what specific comments are dragged up to use as criticism of Khan? I have not heard Amir getting much stick on here at all recently, until the aftermath of the Peterson fight. In fact I thought people were starting to get right behind him.

I agree with your final statement; I support both of them too and hope they become world champs. I personally would just like Khan to drop the investigation, take an immediate rematch in a neutral venue and beat him convincingly (which I believe he will.)

Khan saying he wants Floyd. He gets called arogant. Khan says he's the best in the world. He's said to be disrespectful to others in his division. Khan fights Judah, he's called a ducker for not fighting Bradley. Khan fights Peterson he's called a fighter taking the easy option. Khan says he's P4P the best brit boxer...all hell breaks out. Its all on here if you search for it.

I personally dont think the belt should be won anywhere but in the ring. The appeal is just plain silly but he's not the only boxer to launch one and wont be the last.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:01 am

I think you'll find most people on here praised him for wanting to fight Floyd (not that many gave him a chance) and fight the best. Nobody called Khan a ducker for not fighting Bradley quite the opposite. In the ring Khan largely and rightly gets al ot of praise on this sight. It's his attitude, gob and actions outside of it that draws the criticisms. Just because the deductions are not routine doesn't mean they're not unjustified. He was warned and should of stopped after the umpteenth time of being told, I don't think it was just the shoving either it was how he was doing it a lot of the times following through with the elbow. Then there was the constant pushing down on the head. I think the only reason he got the second point deduction was because of the punch on the break. Yet this has all been neglected. Just because he doesn't have a brain in the ring and lost a close fight, that everyone though he should of been able to handle comfortably, is no excuse to act like a muppet outside of it.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:13 am

trottb wrote:I think you'll find most people on here praised him for wanting to fight Floyd (not that many gave him a chance) and fight the best. Nobody called Khan a ducker for not fighting Bradley quite the opposite. In the ring Khan largely and rightly gets al ot of praise on this sight. It's his attitude, gob and actions outside of it that draws the criticisms. Just because the deductions are not routine doesn't mean they're not unjustified. He was warned and should of stopped after the umpteenth time of being told, I don't think it was just the shoving either it was how he was doing it a lot of the times following through with the elbow. Then there was the constant pushing down on the head. I think the only reason he got the second point deduction was because of the punch on the break. Yet this has all been neglected. Just because he doesn't have a brain in the ring and lost a close fight, that everyone though he should of been able to handle comfortably, is no excuse to act like a muppet outside of it.

When he said he wanted Floyd, posters here said he was arrogant. When he signed the IBF Champ Judah he was criticised for fighting an old man.....forgetting that Judah wasa belt holder. Its all on here mate. There is a rump of Khan haters another rump of dubious objectors and then the rest. Roughly a third of each.

I believe it was unjustified as it is hardly ever applied. One commentator said that if we start deducting points for what Khan did most boxers would have 12 points deducted per fight.

Is he being a muppet because he is complaining about the ref and decision?Is he being classless?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:21 am

With the appeal, yes. With slating an entire city and claiming that is why they don't get big time boxing, yes.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:29 am

trottb wrote:With the appeal, yes. With slating an entire city and claiming that is why they don't get big time boxing, yes.

Just the appeal then? OK. He didn;t slate the city. He slated the people running boxing in the city. Remember when Hoppo trashed the Peurto Rican flag. This is boxing where one bad rule can cost an individual millions as has happened. I'd be livid and probably say worse. Its emotions and Khan wears his on his sleeves. He's the one taking the punches only for some muppet ref to screw him over.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:35 am

azania wrote:
trottb wrote:With the appeal, yes. With slating an entire city and claiming that is why they don't get big time boxing, yes.

Just the appeal then? OK. He didn;t slate the city. He slated the people running boxing in the city. Remember when Hoppo trashed the Peurto Rican flag. This is boxing where one bad rule can cost an individual millions as has happened. I'd be livid and probably say worse. Its emotions and Khan wears his on his sleeves. He's the one taking the punches only for some muppet ref to screw him over.

Some would say the punches he needed to take would have been minimal had he stuck to a gameplan. thumbsup

Emotional comments I can understand but to be still spouting the same stuff for days and days despite being able to review it back and think well maybe I didn't listen (to the ref or Roach), maybe I should work on my inside game, maybe I should of stuck to a plan is tiresome and boring. Regardless of whether the decision was harsh or not it was within the rules

Maybe his ability to go on banging the same drum over and over again is why you are such a fan? Whistle

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

trottb wrote:
azania wrote:

Some would say the punches he needed to take would have been minimal had he stuck to a gameplan. thumbsup

Emotional comments I can understand but to be still spouting the same stuff for days and days despite being able to review it back and think well maybe I didn't listen (to the ref or Roach), maybe I should work on my inside game, maybe I should of stuck to a plan is tiresome and boring. Regardless of whether the decision was harsh or not it was within the rules

Maybe his ability to go on banging the same drum over and over again is why you are such a fan? Whistle

Ha.

That brings me back to Froch who even yesterday on an interview os SS1 said he was robbed against Kessler. Perhaps he should have listened to his corner. Reviewed the fight and kept quiet thereafter.

I disagree with the review. But I can see and understand Khan being miffed. But all the criticism and saying that he should review the fight and move on when the same criticism is not met on other fighters is displaying double standards.

Maybe it is within the rules, but when that rule is hardly applied and in most cases ignored, yet happens in his opponent's hometown, is it any surprise he's miffed?

Name me one boxer who would suck it up and say it was a fair decision.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

I'm not concerned with him saying that he thought he won, I also thought that he did enough after the deductions, it's just the appeal and the way it has taken the win away from Peterson. The press are just as much to blame all insisting that he was robbed when it was a very close match. How many articles (British newspaper or media) have you seen complimenting a well fought fight from Peterson with a great ability to adapt? None they are all going on about Khan being robbed....

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:49 am

azania wrote:
joeyjojo618 wrote:Where and what specific comments are dragged up to use as criticism of Khan? I have not heard Amir getting much stick on here at all recently, until the aftermath of the Peterson fight. In fact I thought people were starting to get right behind him.

Khan saying he wants Floyd. He gets called arogant. Khan says he's the best in the world. He's said to be disrespectful to others in his division. Khan fights Judah, he's called a ducker for not fighting Bradley. Khan fights Peterson he's called a fighter taking the easy option. Khan says he's P4P the best brit boxer...all hell breaks out. Its all on here if you search for it.

That is a cleverly worded statement if ever I heard one Az!

Khan got slated for not only saying he wanted to fight Floyd. If you were to take off the Khan specs you would remember the interviews where he said Floyd was ducking him, will never fight him because he is afraid too. He also said that Floyd is a cherry picker and has fought bums his whole career when Amir's record is nowhere near Floyds standard. That is why people laughed at him.

If he had of just stopped the stupid talk and focused on the importance of boxing, he would have won his fight at the weekend instead of his non stop Floyd trash talking.

The other thing he gets slated for is how he treats other opponents when it comes to negotiating and granted it may not be true, but it's a hell of a coincidence that they all slate him as being a tightwad.

He called Floyd out and said he has his number but yet says he will be ready to fight him in 2013!!! So Floyd is ducking Amir even though he admittedly wouldnt beat him within the next 2 years. God he really is a plank and a cry baby.

I personally dont think the belt should be won anywhere but in the ring. The appeal is just plain silly but he's not the only boxer to launch one and wont be the last.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:50 am

starting to think Froch is going on about it a little too much too. But he has learned from that fight. He has become a much better boxer for it. Abraham and Johnson fights were won more convincingly as a result. Hope he can carry that on to tonights fight.

Khan did go there saying he wasn't concerned about the judging, he was going to make sure it didn't come down to that. Yes it was close and probably should have been given the win but just sort the rematch and get it on.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by SportsmanGC Sat 17 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

trottb wrote:I'm not concerned with him saying that he thought he won, I also thought that he did enough after the deductions, it's just the appeal and the way it has taken the win away from Peterson. The press are just as much to blame all insisting that he was robbed when it was a very close match. How many articles (British newspaper or media) have you seen complimenting a well fought fight from Peterson with a great ability to adapt? None they are all going on about Khan being robbed....

This is a good point for me, Peterson is not getting the credit he deserves for a well thought out and executed plan.

I've really began to warm to Khan over the last few years from a boxing perspective, so i've kinda ignored alot of his other chat. However, i'm annoyed that he couldn't just have a whinge about the judging (he has a right to do that if he feels robbed), then get a rematch (Peterson said this would be possible) and win the belts back. Putting in an appeal against a clearly fairly well scored, albeit close decision, is an absolute farce... I've barely seen anyone suggest that the judging was way off. Compared to other scoring out there, this was one of the better performances from the judges. Almost everyone can see that, and the appeal is a joke. Whether this is Khan pushing for this, or his camp advising, it's soured the whole occasion for me. He's certainly not alienating the common fan, but reguar boxing fans know the behaviour following this fight is in poor taste and I can understand if people feel put off.

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 17 Dec 2011, 1:20 pm

points are never deducted for pushing? bloody hell reid got points deducted for punching ottke let alone pushing. there are far worse decisions weekly in boxing and alot more dodgy reffing, the ref warned him khan carried on, stupid by him and found out he had no ideas when lamont got on the inside. his only tactic was to puch him away stopping his oppenent getting close. fighters should be allowed to fight on the inside, i did think it was harsh but khan has only him self to blame

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 17 Dec 2011, 1:45 pm

The second point Khan gets deducted he also catches Peterson with an uppercut despite a break being called.

It is Khan's right to question a decision like any other boxer,Khan should be pushing for a rematch not trying to get the decision overturned against an opponent who basically has done nothing wrong.

Khan should show a bit of dignity eat some humble pie and move on,the US fraternity are not going to take kindly to a Brit trying to take an americans title on an appeal in such a close fight,Khan is making a very big rod for his own back.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 17 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

anybody think khan trying to get the fight over turned so he can move on for bradley/mayweather so he doesnt have to fight a very tough rematch for alot less money?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

I did think during the fight that the ref was always on top of what Khan was doing but not really the same with Peterson, Sky showed on the highlights a clip of Peterson pushing the palm of his glove into Khans face repeatedly, nothing was done about this.

If what Khan is saying about the scorecards, Buffer saying he had it Khan, Khan, Peterson and then those cards being taken away and the result changing, adding to the fact the IBF have "lost" the official scorecards, then I feel he has every right to say what he thinks.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:31 pm

Where did you read that mate?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:32 pm

Is that true about the score cards? Source?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

He said it in interviews on SSN and Ringside this week

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

I'll take that with a pinch then.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

Anyone see that Khans appeal has been rejected by the IBF?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next