The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan now alienating boxing fans

+14
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
trottb
joeyjojo618
Bob
BorrisTheBlade
spencerclarke
hogey
azania
compelling and rich
School Project
The Galveston Giant
OasisBFC
AlexHuckerby
JabMachine
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan now alienating boxing fans - Page 2 Empty Khan now alienating boxing fans

Post by JabMachine Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

I've just read Sky Sports interview with Amir Khan - found here

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/7378759/Khan-I-had-no-choice

He's now got to the point where I feel he's alienating his british boxing fans. Not necessarily part time boxing fans, but certainly the people who watched his fight in the early hours. The people who watched his fight will know that Lamont wasn't headbutting - he was moving in, chin tucked and pushing Khan to fight inside - Roach doesn't seem to have taught Khan the inside game. This doesn't mean that every time a fighter comes inside that Khan has any right to push, its against the rules to push, otherwise it'd be a pushing competition and the guy with the longest arms would win.

Before the Peterson fight, I had him pegged to win based on styles - I felt that Peterson was too limited and would eat jab all night. I now have a profound respect for him because he knew exactly how to get to Khan, and although without the point deduction I felt Khan was the busier - the simple fact that he left it to the judges in Lamonts home town means he only has himself to blame together with making the referee take points. The referee warned him enough. He didn't need to warn Peterson, he wasn't headbutting, and I didn't see him do it once. I saw his head being the way he was moving inside, but to get inside you don't hold your head high and allow for hooks to come in, you want to get in with your chin untouched.

Amir has now made me question him as a man. If he'd have walked away, said "Didn't get the result, came with the wrong plan to win comfortably, well done Lamont - hope you'll give me a rematch cos I did come here and give you a shot" then we'd have all been singing his praises, how he took it graciously and was unlucky. Now I'm thinking he's a spoilt brat who is moaning about a VERY close fight just because he knows he didn't fight as he wanted.

If this gets overturned then its terrible for boxing - are you all questioning Khan now? Do you feel that although you agree that the Peterson fight has annoyed you, do you feel that in future fights if he loses he's going to whine and moan as to why?

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Khan now alienating boxing fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan now alienating boxing fans

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:39 pm

Amir Khan is still hopeful he can have Saturday's controversial defeat to Lamont Peterson overturned as he awaits the decision over his complaint.
Khan's team and Golden Boy Promotions have made an offical complaint to the boxing commision in Washington and will find out their fate in the next five to seven days.
If successful, the 25-year-old will be more than happy to have a rematch with Lamont Peterson next spring and finally put everything to bed, once and for all.
"The IBF say they have lost the score cards now I have put an offical complaint in." Khan said.
"I had been informed from Golden Boy Promotions that I had won the fight-they had seen the judges scorecards and had me winning the fight, two to one.
"We should find out within the next seven days if our complaint has been successful. Even if the decision is overturned we will have a rematch, hopefully in Vegas and with a fair referee."

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Khan now alienating boxing fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan now alienating boxing fans

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

On boxing news Shah IBF turned it down yesterday. No mention of the score cards though. Would admit it would be very peculiar if that accusation turned out to be true.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

Yeah - much like you - I take it with a massive pinch of salt - but If its true - then Khan isnt as classless as I thought him in recent days - probably justified. The scorecard thing is iffy - but Goldenboy claims they saw the cards and they were 2-1 to khan. thats the big issue and If that is true then the IBF should be penalised heavily.

Also - they should just release official scorecards, there and then to avoid this crap.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:50 pm

Just a thought on GBP seeing the scorecards at 2-1 Khan, they could have seen them when one Judge had round 7 10-8 to Khan, clearly incorrect, the adjustment was then made, still shouldn't have told Khan he'd won.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

Actually I had a question about that - Does the copier have to copy everything? Including the mistakes?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 17 Dec 2011, 4:55 pm

Yeah I agree, as soon as the result is announced the cards should be released to save all of this drama.

If it's true then there is a lot for the IBF to answer for but I can't see it getting that far, this will all get swept under the rug if there is even a hint of truth to it.

On another note Peterson may not be as eager for a rematch as first suggested. Roughly translated "going to take some time out with my family and then we will see what options are available".

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2