The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

+30
TopHat24/7
theclawsgonnagetya
HumanWindmill
Il Gialloblu
ShahenshahG
Imperial Ghosty
trottb
BallchinianMuffwig
John Bloody Wayne
Fists of Fury
lovely_london
compelling and rich
Silver
BoxingFan88
Mr Bounce
Nico the gman
OasisBFC
ONETWOFOREVER
JabMachine
KO-KING
Steffan
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Bob
Valero's Conscience
Sir. badgerhands
Mind the windows Tino.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
d260005p
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today? Empty Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

Post by d260005p Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey fight fans. We have a great night on Saturday (apart from Kell Brook fighting a bum) with the Ward vs Froch fight..................I have been watching Froch in training and he is looking ferocious.
He has a granite chin and always has a scrap.

Who in your minds is the hardest boxer today in terms of who he fights, how he fights and how he takes his win/loss?

Mine would have to be between Froch and Katsidis.

If i were to ever get into a scrap with them at a bar i would literally s**t myself!

Cheers.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today? Empty Re: Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Katsidis would be up there, Rios just wants to get into a war also which is scary, a lot of people don't seem to like Maidana for some reason, but he's a tough nut, the body shot Khan put him down with in the first would have finished most people off.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today? Empty Re: Who is the "Hardest" in the sport today?

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Also Marg is a complete nutjob.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Katsidis in a bar brawl?

He is 5'7" and 10 stone.

Wouldn't last two minutes.

There's a reason that boxing has weight divisions...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Vitali K. You would hit him your hardest smack in the face with a blunt object but you may make sure you have your adidas on cuz he ain't movin.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Union Cane wrote:Katsidis in a bar brawl?

He is 5'7" and 10 stone.

Especially if the bar was in Didsbury and Michael was on acid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:18 pm

He is 5'7" and 10 stone.

I'd beg to differ.

A trained boxer versus some drunken 18 stone ape in a pub would still fair pretty well imo, especially when you take into consideration modern day diets. Wink

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:27 pm

He is 5'7" and 10 stone.

This is a valid point, I hear people (not on this forum really) saying "oh that guy would be an animal in a pub" when talking about the little guys and I think no they wouldn't.

They look big because they are fighting guys similar size i.e. guys like Katsidas, Gamboa, most of the well known Mexican stars etc but in reality they are quite small compared to more regular sized people, especially a bunch of rugby lads!

I would have to go SMW upwards and say Froch is a good shout, as it's not just who likes to brawl but whether they can take the punishment!

Vitali is my no.1 pick, huge beast of a man with a granite chin!

As a wild card i'd have Ike Ibeabuchi, I can't imagine too many bother him at shower time!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:

He is 5'7" and 10 stone.

This is a valid point, I hear people (not on this forum really) saying "oh that guy would be an animal in a pub" when talking about the little guys and I think no they wouldn't.

They look big because they are fighting guys similar size i.e. guys like Katsidas, Gamboa, most of the well known Mexican stars etc but in reality they are quite small compared to more regular sized people, especially a bunch of rugby lads!

As a Bobby in Sheffield I've seen a lot of our local boxers in scrapes, both in person and on CCTV. That includes welterweight hobbit Brook droppoing a bouncer like a sack of sh*t with one body shot, and another local welterweight fighter put down five guys with five punches in a bar brawl (one broken jaw, two fractured cheeks)

I've even seen a bantamweight shatter a guy twice his size's palet so his teeth all fell out with a single punch.

It really is staggering when a trained fighter goes for it.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/boxer_claims_his_devastating_attack_on_man_was_in_self_defence_1_3615207

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Fact is though, boxers train everyday to nut someone in the face making there bodies as perfect as possible, even a small guy like Gamboa would pose a huge problem for a big normal bloke.

Gamboa - LKO

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Depends how small you wanna go down the weights though doesn't it i'm not being funny but Ivan Calderon wouldn't stand a chance against most people in a bar room situation, as soon as you grabbed his arms it'd be all over Very Happy

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:45 pm

He is 5'7" and 10 stone.

Colin Jones was a welterweight. He knocked out Welsh rugby player Richard Moriarty who was a second row and about 5 stone heavier in a bar brawl. Boxers (especially top level) can throw punches that are deadly whatever weight they fight at. I know a guy who was a local champion boxer. He is only about 9 stone. Got into a fight with a guy much bigger. He only hit him back twice in self defense. Both punches broke a nose and a cheekbone. He got off as it was self defense but judge told him you should know better as your fists are your weapons. Katsidis would be fine in a bar brawl

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Vitali Klitschko

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Vitali Klitschko

I don't think I'd even hurt him, and I've been boxing for a couple of years.

For the record i weigh 153lbs and I would dare say Donaire would give me a good hiding.

In the lighter weights I'd say probably Ricky Burns or Rios.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Ricky Burns?

The hardest fighter out there is Mayorga.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:30 pm

At a lighter weight yeah I'd say he's a pretty tough nut - Katsidas isn't exactly a little girl.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 pm

im sorry but anyone who thinks a 5'7 10 stone boxer wouldn't knock any one of us out is deluding themselves.

A - they'd flatten you with a punch, or at the very least make you think twice about wanting to continue.

B - you wouldnt be able to land a punch on them.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachine Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:03 pm

Get on the punch machine with one.

JabMachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Greg Haugen was 5ft 6 and won many a hard man contest outside the ring, a shot to the body would put most of us away.
Jeff Fenech knocking a 6ft 5inch bouncer out in Las Vegas is a prime example of what you would be up against.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Yup agree with the above. Boxers are specifically trained to throw punches with speed and accuracy, and usually with spiteful intent. Unlike your usual bar-room brawler who's a bloke who thinks he can punch and has generally had a few pints of wife-beater and thinks he can take on the world.

If I was going into a bar I would probably take Golota and Ibeabuchi as both are huge nutjobs who can knock over a house with a couple of shots compared to your average Joe. I would have Vitali as extra intimidation. Anyone who is 6ft 7 1/2 with a chin made of steel is probably kind of useful

I also remember watching one of Khan's early fights where he came up against a guy called Baz Carey. He had a rubbish record but on looks alone he would destroy any "hardnut" in the bar within about 3 seconds and probably most of the bar too. He just looked like a guy you would not **** with!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Nonito Donaire said he knocked down a Super Middle in sparing (thats a trained boxer). I would fancy Donaire a bantam to beat the stuffing in to anyone who was standing at a bar. Unless of course they are trained boxers....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:10 pm

OasisBFC wrote:im sorry but anyone who thinks a 5'7 10 stone boxer wouldn't knock any one of us out is deluding themselves.

A - they'd flatten you with a punch, or at the very least make you think twice about wanting to continue.

B - you wouldnt be able to land a punch on them.

It beggars belief that some on here don't think a trained fighter can have a good ruck outside the ring! Anybody who trains in combat sports is trained to hurt & to harden themselves both physically & mentally. It's a pretty safe bet that 50% of pro boxers were pretty handy before they took up boxing. Size doesn't come in to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:17 pm

I second Rios, the guy is made of steel and the intimidation factor would be high due to fearlessness.

And I'm in strong agreement with everyone commenting on the bar brawls. I train with the butterfly boxing squad at my uni several days a week, and even though there's no striking involved, I've seen some carnage on nights out when some of the locals have had a few too many and insist on stepping up to one of us. I've no doubt that a professional boxer would absolutely dismantle anyone at a bar inside five seconds - these guys are athletes who train their bodies rigorously, and have a bomb in both hands compared to the average bloke. If a bunch of reasonable fit and trained uni students can do it, imagine what a pro would do. A sickening thought, which is why nearly everyone involved in the sport realises what damage they can cause, and rarely acts in that sort of situation!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Boxing teaches you how to defend against punches and also how to properly deliver punches.

Most of the time in a fight if a good clean shot lands it either puts the other guy in serious trouble or puts him on the floor. An untrained bar brawler will not know how to defend against a punch properly and will probably get koed by a professional in any weight class..

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 pm

tyson fury- he's had plenty of bar fights already. certainly know his dad had a few

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Katsidis would be up there, Rios just wants to get into a war also which is scary, a lot of people don't seem to like Maidana for some reason, but he's a tough nut, the body shot Khan put him down with in the first would have finished most people off.

Good point, Maidana is a tough tough dude!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 pm

On the point of Rios.. I think John Murray wouldn't be a bad one to tag along.

It would take someone with some stamina to get the better of him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Remember the crowd trouble that flared in Puerto Rico during the Trinidad-Hopkins presser? Apparently Hopkins was cornered by some angry Tito fans and knocked 2 of them out with one punch each...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

absolute nonsese. 5ft 7 and 10 stone hahahah. Would not stand a chance lets be real.

i am 6ft 2 and 14 stone and I would not be scared to fight them.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 pm

I'd like to see that fight Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 pm

lovely_london wrote:absolute nonsese. 5ft 7 and 10 stone hahahah. Would not stand a chance lets be real.

Put it this way, if I get in the ring at my local gym with this big guy (abit bigger than you by the sounds of things) who comes down now and then to try it out I'd feel pretty confident.

Against a lean, 60kg 17 year old amateur competitor I'm nowhere near as confident. A big, ordinary fella has no advantage. I don't doubt Donaire could hit harder than any non boxer I've ever met, regardless of size. Jimmy Wilde could knock out most people and he was barely five feet tall.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:03 pm

As everyone has already said size really doesnt mean as much as many ignoramuses think it does...best shouts for the "hardest" are already mentioned, Vitali, Froch, Kats, Margarito, Maidana...I also think if you p*ssed Ricky Hatton off enough it'd be the last stupid thing you ever did!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Oh also Dmitry Pirog and Denis Lebedev have that "look" of a hard hard man...!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:43 pm

lovely_london wrote:absolute nonsese. 5ft 7 and 10 stone hahahah. Would not stand a chance lets be real.

well im 6ft 3 and 15 stone and you might not be scared, but you'd be face down on the carpet within seconds.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:05 am

OasisBFC wrote:

well im 6ft 3 and 15 stone and you might not be scared, but you'd be face down on the carpet within seconds.

carpet? Are you going to break into my house and fight me in my living room?

I would gladly offer you a fight if you want one. I am from london and you?

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 am

lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

What next my dads harder than your dad grow up.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:08 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:

Put it this way, if I get in the ring at my local gym with this big guy (abit bigger than you by the sounds of things) who comes down now and then to try it out I'd feel pretty confident.

Against a lean, 60kg 17 year old amateur competitor I'm nowhere near as confident. A big, ordinary fella has no advantage. I don't doubt Donaire could hit harder than any non boxer I've ever met, regardless of size. Jimmy Wilde could knock out most people and he was barely five feet tall.

are you serious 60kgs? Most women weigh between 55-60kgs.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:00 am

lovely_london wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:

are you serious 60kgs? Most women weigh between 55-60kgs.

You've never been to Barnsley, have you?

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am

trottb wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

What next my dads harder than your dad grow up.

fight as in controlled fight in the ring. Nothing wrong wiith a bit of full contact sparring.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:17 am

Nothing right about coming on an internet forum and giving it the big one.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 am

trottb wrote:Nothing right about coming on an internet forum and giving it the big one.

What are you talking about. I said that i am 6ft2 and 14 stone and would not be scared of a guy who is 5ft 7 and 10 stone etc and then someone threatened to knock me out. I then replied that we could have a fight (sparring) if he wanted to try and knock me out.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 pm

lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

i'll leave the breaking into houses and fighting to you thanks.
this thread is about bringing a boxer to fight in a pub - pubs have carpets do they not?
you're offering to fight someone for disagreeing with you? you're obviously a well adjusted young man happy in his own skin...

i was saying you'd be face down on the carpet (yes carpet) if you were to fight a boxer. which you would be. regardless of how 'hard' anyone on here or, or if they are bigger and stronger than a boxer, they are professional fighters. no amount of stella should make you think you can even compete for a second.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:05 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

this thread is about bringing a boxer to fight in a pub - pubs have carpets do they not?
you're offering to fight someone for disagreeing with you? you're obviously a well adjusted young man happy in his own skin...

i was saying you'd be face down on the carpet (yes carpet) if you were to fight a boxer. which you would be. regardless of how 'hard' anyone on here or, or if they are bigger and stronger than a boxer, they are professional fighters. no amount of stella should make you think you can even compete for a second.

I dont care how much training a person has had if you are 5 ft 7 and 10 stone and you are facing a guy who is 6ft 2 and 14 stone you stand very little chance of beating the bigger guy.

De gale is an olympic winner and he got beaten up by some drunk guy on holiday.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 pm

lovely_london wrote:
trottb wrote:Nothing right about coming on an internet forum and giving it the big one.

What are you talking about. I said that i am 6ft2 and 14 stone and would not be scared of a guy who is 5ft 7 and 10 stone etc and then someone threatened to knock me out. I then replied that we could have a fight (sparring) if he wanted to try and knock me out.

haha. i didnt even mention knocking anyone out. this whole thread is about boxers fighting 'regular' people. you said you wouldnt be sacred, i said you'd be on the carpet in seconds. as would i, even though im apparently bigger than you. why you brought your height and weight into it is anyones guess.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Think you'll find that degale was punched from the side in a bit of a melee and by all accounts decided not to throw anything back at anyone. Hardly beaten up.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 pm

trottb wrote:Think you'll find that degale was punched from the side in a bit of a melee and by all accounts decided not to throw anything back at anyone. Hardly beaten up.

i would rather fight a 5ft 7 10 stone boxer in a street fight then a 6ft4 16 stone guy.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 pm

L_L

you do realise that the average boxer throws a punch 3/4 times harder than a non boxer don't you?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:13 pm

lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

I dont care how much training a person has had if you are 5 ft 7 and 10 stone and you are facing a guy who is 6ft 2 and 14 stone you stand very little chance of beating the bigger guy.

now you're just getting silly. put your machoism to one side.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:13 pm

lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

He was hit when he was looking elsewhere and decided not to retaliate. A bare knuckle punch from a pro in anger = brain damage for the victim. Admirable show of restraint there, not sure I could have done it myself.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:15 pm

You're making a complete arse of yourself now. Any professional boxer would be too quick and hit too hard for your average man on the street, oh wait I forgot your 6ft 2 and 14 stone and are made of granite

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next